|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
(a) The miracle pageant writers.
(b) The troubadours.
(c) The prose writers.
(d) The satirists.
2. What is cut off in Tale 46 in Part Three?
(a) Someone's finger.
(b) Someone's toe.
(c) Someone's hair.
(d) Someone's arm.
3. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
(a) Portuguese language.
(b) Gothic language.
(c) Germanic language.
(d) Romance language.
4. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Gauls.
5. On the 1st of December, how many tales does Champville tell?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
2. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
3. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
4. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
5. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)