|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
(b) De Sevigne.
2. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
(a) A barn.
(b) A closet.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A coffin.
3. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
(a) Spite and malice.
(b) Lust and love.
(c) Prayer and love.
(d) Hate and power.
4. In Part Two, on what evening is Duc flogged while copulating with Zelmire's maid?
5. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
2. What kind of life did Florville live, according to a former colleague of Courval's?
3. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
4. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
5. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)