|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Florville during the action of the story?
2. How much did Florville receive from her adoptive mother upon her death?
(a) 2,000 francs a year.
(b) 500 francs a year.
(d) 4,000 francs a year.
3. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
(a) Romance language.
(b) Portuguese language.
(c) Germanic language.
(d) Gothic language.
4. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
(a) To put forth new knowledge.
(b) To insert philosophy in his novels.
(c) To create law.
(d) To admonish culture.
5. Who taught Florville to live a virtuous life?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
2. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
3. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
4. On the 1st of December, how many tales does Champville tell?
5. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)