|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(c) Thackeray .
2. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
(d) De Sevigne.
3. According to Part Three of "The 120 Days of Sodom," what month is it?
4. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Gauls.
(d) The Greeks.
5. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
2. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
3. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
4. What does Courval's wife devote herself to after leaving him?
5. How old was Florville when Saint-Agne proposed to her?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)