|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
(a) Near Saulcet.
(b) Near Caaux.
(c) Near Laiz.
(d) Near Nemours.
2. How old was Florville when she had a child that died?
3. What does Florville want to tell Courval before they marry?
(a) The adventures of her life.
(b) The story about her finding God.
(c) The story of her parents.
(d) The story behind her affair.
4. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
(a) Lust and love.
(b) Desire and need.
(c) Prayer and love.
(d) Prayer and desire.
5. With what people did the novel originate?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Moors.
(c) The Egyptions.
(d) The Palestinians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life did Florville live, according to a former colleague of Courval's?
2. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
3. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
4. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
5. In Tale 11, "he" needs to be provided with __________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)