|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
2. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
(a) The troubadours.
(b) The miracle pageant writers.
(c) The prose writers.
(d) The satirists.
3. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
(a) A flower.
(b) A sword.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A dagger.
4. To what Roman goddess does Courval compare Florville?
5. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
(a) A closet.
(b) A coffin.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Heme in Part Three?
2. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
3. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
4. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
5. Courval is told that Florville is related to ______________.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)