|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
(a) The miracle pageant writers.
(b) The troubadours.
(c) The satirists.
(d) The prose writers.
2. Who is bled on the 20th night of Part Three?
3. To what Roman goddess does Courval compare Florville?
4. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
5. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A closet.
(c) A barn.
(d) A coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Florville when Saint-Agne proposed to her?
2. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
3. How much did Florville receive from her adoptive mother upon her death?
4. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
5. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)