|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cut off in Tale 46 in Part Three?
(a) Someone's arm.
(b) Someone's toe.
(c) Someone's finger.
(d) Someone's hair.
2. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
3. With what people did the novel originate?
(a) The Egyptions.
(b) The Palestinians.
(c) The Moors.
(d) The Greeks.
4. Courval is told that Florville is related to ______________.
(a) St. Pierre.
(d) Marcus Flind.
5. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tale 11, "he" needs to be provided with __________.
2. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
3. What "matter" does Courval state "concerns me not the least"?
4. What does Florville want to tell Courval before they marry?
5. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)