|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
(a) To create law.
(b) To insert philosophy in his novels.
(c) To admonish culture.
(d) To put forth new knowledge.
2. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(b) Thackeray .
3. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
4. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
(a) Near Saulcet.
(b) Near Laiz.
(c) Near Caaux.
(d) Near Nemours.
5. On the evening of the 9th of December, what is Michette allowed to wear?
(a) The apron.
(b) The corset.
(c) The wide sash.
(d) The little sash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
2. How old is Heme in Part Three?
3. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
4. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
5. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)