Must We Burn Sade?
1. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
(a) They were stolen.
(b) They were banned.
(c) They were lost.
(d) They were burned.
2. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
(a) A record of his crimes.
(b) An objective view on his work.
(c) An authentic portrait of him.
(d) A history of his life in Bastille.
3. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
4. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Hatred and violence.
(b) Hatred and sadism.
(c) Resentment and violence.
(d) Foulness and violence.
5. In what month was Sade married?
6. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
(a) Sade's mother.
(b) An inspector.
(c) Sade's wife.
(d) Sade's mother-in-law.
7. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) His home.
(b) His bed.
(c) In prison.
(d) A brothel.
This section contains 3,445 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)