|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Reverend Ferguson born, raised, and educated?
2. Where did Bucket begin his criminal career?
3. What color hair does the Beauty have in the narrative?
4. What years are covered in Chapter 7?
5. When did the real-life General Francisco Franco live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is illustrated through Allan's meeting with Bolt at the train station in Chapter 2?
2. For whom is Allan working in Chapter 11? Why does he change sides?
3. How does Allan describe his political views in Chapter 13?
4. What is illustrated through Allan's meeting with General Franco in Chapter 7?
5. How do Allan and his friends attain safe refuge from their assailants in Chapter 15?
6. How do the themes of compassion and generosity apply in Chapter 12?
7. Why does Allan enlist Father Ferguson in his escape in Chapter 13?
8. What causes Allan's father to leave his family and go to Russia during Allan's childhood?
9. What character is introduced at a press meeting in Chapter 5? How is the media depicted?
10. What is notable about the first and last chapters of The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bucket track down Allan and his cohorts? What does Bucket do once he finds them? How is Bucket killed? What are the repercussions of Bucket's death on the protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Allan's relationship with President Harry Truman. Where do Allan and Truman meet? What mission does Truman solicit Allan to embark on? How does Allan perform in this mission?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes of fate, chance, and destiny in The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared. How does the author develop these themes through character, setting, symbolism, and imagery? What is Allan's viewpoint regarding the happenstance nature of life?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)