|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Allan exploded his cottage in the end of the novel?
(a) To kill a fox.
(b) To kill his father.
(c) To kill a professor.
(d) To kill a cat.
2. When was Jonas Jonasson born?
3. Who is the handler of Kicki the police dog?
(a) Henning Algotsson.
(b) Chief Inspector Aronsson.
(c) Ronny Bäckman.
(d) Benny Ljungberg.
4. In what year does Chapter 18 begin?
5. What is the name of the 3,000 meter-high volcano that erupts while Allan is in Bali?
(b) Mount Merbuk.
(c) Gunung Agung.
(d) Batur volcano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of the two things that Allan claims to be able to do well in the Epilogue?
2. Where was Jonas Jonasson born?
3. During what years is Chapter 20 set?
4. What does Benny claim to have studied when talking with Prosecutor Ranelid in Chapter 25?
5. What does Allan drink with the friendly man while on the submarine in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the mood and tone of the narrative changed in Chapter 19?
2. What story do Allan and his friends give to Prosecutor Ranelid in Chapter 25?
3. Why does Allan's meeting with Joseph Stalin end badly? What are the repercussions of the meeting?
4. How have the Boss's objectives changed in Chapter 17? Why?
5. What does Allan solicit Yury Borisovich to do in Chapter 26? How does he go about convincing him?
6. How is the theme of fate illustrated in Chapter 18?
7. What leads to the conflict between Allan and President Johnson in Chapter 23?
8. How is the confrontation between Chief Inspector Aronsson and Allan described in Chapter 21?
9. How does Allan's involvement influence the historical development of atomic weapons?
10. How does Yury Borisovich react when he encounters Allan in Chapter 26?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)