|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allan claims in the Epilogue that he can only do two things well. One of these things is making vodka from what?
(c) Goat's milk.
2. Whom does the man presumed to be Albert Einstein claim to be after he has been kidnapped by the Soviets?
(a) Allan Karlsson.
(b) Benny Ljungberg.
(c) Herbert Einstein.
(d) Julius Jonsson.
3. Who is the deputy chief of police in Jönköping that Chief Inspector Aronsson has gotten a lead from in Chapter 17?
(a) Julius Jonsson.
(b) Henning Algotsson.
(c) Superintendent Krook.
(d) Gunnar Löwenlind.
4. On what date does Chapter 29 begin?
(a) March 12, 2005.
(b) May 2, 2005.
(c) January 12, 1959.
(d) October 1, 2005.
5. Where was Bucket going when he left Lake Farm, according to the story told to Prosecutor Ranelid in Chapter 25?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chapter 25 begin?
2. On what date does Chapter 27 begin?
3. How much money is promised to Allan if his help to the Soviets helps produce an atomic bomb in Chapter 16?
4. How old is Ni Wayan Laksmi when she meets Allan and Herbert in Bali?
5. How much money has the sailor been paid for dumping Bucket's remains in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Allan's life echoed through the actions in the Epilogue?
2. Why does Chief Inspector Aronsson decide to join Allan and his friends in the end of the novel?
3. How have the Boss's objectives changed in Chapter 17? Why?
4. What is Prosecutor Ranelid's main objective in coming to Bellringer Farm in Chapter 25?
5. How does Allan's involvement influence the historical development of atomic weapons?
6. What makes Allan agree to cooperate with the government agent in the Epilogue?
7. How do Allan and Herbert manage to escape the gulag in Chapter 18?
8. What is indicated through Allan's meeting with President Nixon in Chapter 26?
9. How would you describe Allan's behavior when he meets President Johnson in Chapter 23?
10. What does Allan solicit Yury Borisovich to do in Chapter 26? How does he go about convincing him?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)