|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Allan after he's spent fifteen years in Bali in Chapter 20?
2. On what date does Chapter 27 begin?
(a) September 11, 1995.
(b) October 7, 2005.
(c) May 27, 2005.
(d) March 1, 1946.
3. Where does Yury go to dinner with his wife and Allan in Chapter 26?
(a) The Pushkin Restaurant.
(b) The Cantina.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) The White Horse Hotel.
4. Where was Jonas Jonasson born?
5. Where does Chief Inspector Aronsson tell Ranelid he is going the next day in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book that Prosecutor Ranelid considers writing about Allan's case in Chapter 19?
2. What is the second of the two things that Allan claims to be able to do well in the Epilogue?
3. Who is the new ambassador at the Indonesian Embassy in Paris in Chapter 23?
4. How much money is promised to Allan if his help to the Soviets helps produce an atomic bomb in Chapter 16?
5. On what date is Chapter 24 set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the major conflicts of the novel resolved in Chapter 22?
2. How do Allan and Herbert manage to escape the gulag in Chapter 18?
3. How does Yury Borisovich react when he encounters Allan in Chapter 26?
4. How does Allan feel about Amanda Einstein's rise in political power in Bali?
5. What is reflected through the reconsiliation of Benny and Bosse in the narrative?
6. How does Agent Hutton address President Johnson's reservations in Chapter 23?
7. How are Allan's years in Bali described in Chapter 20?
8. What story do Allan and his friends give to Prosecutor Ranelid in Chapter 25?
9. How is the theme of fate illustrated in Chapter 18?
10. Why does Chief Inspector Aronsson decide to join Allan and his friends in the end of the novel?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)