|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Allan live with Amanda in the Epilogue?
2. What does Allan drink with the friendly man while on the submarine in Chapter 16?
3. Approximately how many people were killed in the Battle of Stalingrad?
(a) 2.5 million.
(b) 1 million.
(c) 1.9 million.
(d) 1.5 million.
4. What does the word "kodok" translate to from Balinese?
5. On what date does Chapter 27 begin?
(a) May 27, 2005.
(b) September 11, 1995.
(c) October 7, 2005.
(d) March 1, 1946.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ni Wayan Laksmi's name changed to after she marries Herbert?
2. Whom is Allan taken to meet at the Kremilin in Chapter 16?
3. Who is the new ambassador at the Indonesian Embassy in Paris in Chapter 23?
4. When was Jonas Jonasson born?
5. When does Chapter 25 begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is indicated through Allan's meeting with President Nixon in Chapter 26?
2. Why does Allan's meeting with Joseph Stalin end badly? What are the repercussions of the meeting?
3. What is Prosecutor Ranelid's main objective in coming to Bellringer Farm in Chapter 25?
4. What is reflected through the reconsiliation of Benny and Bosse in the narrative?
5. How are the major conflicts of the novel resolved in Chapter 22?
6. How does Agent Hutton address President Johnson's reservations in Chapter 23?
7. How does Allan feel about Amanda Einstein's rise in political power in Bali?
8. What story do Allan and his friends give to Prosecutor Ranelid in Chapter 25?
9. How does Yury Borisovich react when he encounters Allan in Chapter 26?
10. How do the themes of fate and chance apply to Allan and the main characters in the novel?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)