|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date was Allan Karlsson born?
(a) May 2, 1910.
(b) March 12, 1904.
(c) May 2, 1905.
(d) May 12, 1902.
2. For what company does Allan work as an errand boy when he is ten years old?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The KGB.
(c) Johnson & Johnson.
(d) Nitroglycerine Ltd.
3. During what years is Chapter 11 set?
4. On what date does Allan blow up his childhood home and depart in Chapter 7?
(a) June 3, 1929.
(b) September 1, 1932.
(c) May 2, 1910.
(d) March 12, 1904.
5. What is Allan Karlsson's middle name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bucket's real name revealed to be in Chapter 10?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Bucket has been sitting outside of a supermarket in what town for four days?
3. What does Prosecutor Conny Ranelid intend to leak to the press in the end of Chapter 14?
4. Who is the ill-tempered woman that heads the nursing home where Allan lives?
5. When does Chapter 14 begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is illustrated through Allan's meeting with General Franco in Chapter 7?
2. What antagonistic characters are introduced in Chapter 6?
3. How do the themes of compassion and generosity apply in Chapter 12?
4. How does the author employ black comedy in Chapter 5?
5. How does black comedy contribute to the tone and mood of The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared?
6. What is significant about Father Ferguson's death in the narrative?
7. What is ironic about Allan's meeting with world leaders throughout the narrative?
8. For whom is Allan working in Chapter 11? Why does he change sides?
9. What leads to the conflict between the Beauty and the other characters in Chapter 8?
10. How does the author employ black comedy in describing Bucket's death?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)