|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the next bus set to depart the station when Allan arrives in Chapter 2?
(a) Bus 24.
(b) Bus 202.
(c) Bus 101.
(d) Bus 105.
2. Where has the centarian been reportedly seen outside of a health clinic in Chapter 10?
3. What does General Franco serve to Allan after he has saved him from the bridge explosion in Chapter 7?
(c) Potato soup.
4. On what date does Allan blow up his childhood home and depart in Chapter 7?
(a) June 3, 1929.
(b) March 12, 1904.
(c) September 1, 1932.
(d) May 2, 1910.
5. Where does Allan arrive via ship in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is Allan's nursing home located?
2. What years are covered in Chapter 7?
3. During what years is Chapter 11 set?
4. Where is Esteban from?
5. Who is the King of Sweden at the time when Allan leaves his childhood home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author employ black comedy in describing Bucket's death?
2. How does Allan describe his political views in Chapter 13?
3. How would you describe Allan's political ideologies in the novel? What influenced these ideologies?
4. How does the author employ black comedy in Chapter 5?
5. What is illustrated through Allan's meeting with Bolt at the train station in Chapter 2?
6. How are the major conflicts in Chapter 8 resolved?
7. How does the narrator describe Bolt's character?
8. How does black comedy contribute to the tone and mood of The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared?
9. What central character is introduced in Chapter 1? What is he doing when the narrative begins?
10. What is illustrated through Allan's encounter meeting Julius in Chapter 3?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)