|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What years are covered in Chapter 7?
2. What is the Boss's real name in the narrative?
(a) Per-Gunnar Gerdin.
(b) Julius Jonsson.
(c) Allan Karlsson.
(d) Benny Ljungberg.
3. For what company does Allan work as an errand boy when he is ten years old?
(a) The CIA.
(b) Nitroglycerine Ltd.
(c) The KGB.
(d) Johnson & Johnson.
4. What is Allan Karlsson's middle name?
5. What does the narrator describe Allan hiding and the nursing home director repeatedly finding it in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the mayor send his staff to look for Allan in Chapter 3?
2. How many years did Allan spend in a mental institution following the explosives accident in his youth?
3. What is the fine that Allan's father is forced to pay for standing in the town square and promoting contraceptives?
4. Whom does the chief of police in Tehran want Allan to kill in Chapter 13?
5. What item of evidence have the investigators discovered where Bucket was killed in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is illustrated through Allan's encounter meeting Julius in Chapter 3?
2. When and where was Allan Karlsson born? How is his childhood described?
3. What is illustrated through Allan's meeting with Bolt at the train station in Chapter 2?
4. How do the themes of compassion and generosity apply in Chapter 12?
5. What is illustrated through Allan's meeting with General Franco in Chapter 7?
6. What happens to the suitcase in Chapter 2? How would you explain the motivation for this action?
7. How does Allan meet General Franco in Chapter 7? How does this meeting benefit Allan?
8. How would you describe Allan's political ideologies in the novel? What influenced these ideologies?
9. What is illustrated through Allan's encounter with Father Ferguson in Chapter 13?
10. How does black comedy contribute to the tone and mood of The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)