|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the handler of Kicki the police dog?
(a) Benny Ljungberg.
(b) Ronny Bäckman.
(c) Henning Algotsson.
(d) Chief Inspector Aronsson.
2. In what secret city did the Soviets develop their atomic bomb program?
3. In what year was Allan presumably sterilized?
4. Where was Bucket going when he left Lake Farm, according to the story told to Prosecutor Ranelid in Chapter 25?
5. In what field of study does Herbert's wife get a degree in Chapter 20?
6. During what dates is Chapter 22 set?
(a) May 26-29, 2005.
(b) March 12-14, 1959.
(c) August 12-13, 2005.
(d) May 25-26, 2005.
7. On what Swedish island does Jonas Jonasson live?
8. What does Amanda begin writing after Allan gives her a computer?
(a) An encyclopedia.
(b) A religious journal.
(c) A novel.
(d) A blog.
9. Whose body is found crushed in the scrap car yard in Riga in Chapter 22?
(a) Herbert Einstein's.
(b) Henrik Mikael Hultén's.
(c) Allan Karlsson's.
(d) Benny Ljungberg's.
10. What does Allan drink with the friendly man while on the submarine in Chapter 16?
11. Who is the social worker that comes to Allan's home after the explosion in Chapter 28?
(a) Julius Gustavsson.
(b) Gunilla Bjorklund.
(c) Henrik Söder.
(d) Benny Ljungberg.
12. On what date is Chapter 24 set?
(a) March 1, 1946.
(b) May 26, 2005.
(c) December 1, 2005.
(d) September 11, 1995.
13. Why has Allan exploded his cottage in the end of the novel?
(a) To kill a fox.
(b) To kill a cat.
(c) To kill his father.
(d) To kill a professor.
14. How old is Ni Wayan Laksmi when she meets Allan and Herbert in Bali?
15. What is Ni Wayan Laksmi's name changed to after she marries Herbert?
(a) Amanda Einstein.
(b) Angelica Einstein.
(c) Anna Einstein.
(d) Maria Einstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gunilla's last name?
2. Who is the new ambassador at the Indonesian Embassy in Paris in Chapter 23?
3. Where is Bucket's wallet and identification discovered in Chapter 22?
4. How old is Allan when he decides to buy a car in Chapter 28?
5. When did Claude Pennant's parents go to Spain to fight the fascists?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)