|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what Swedish island does Jonas Jonasson live?
2. Where does Chief Inspector Aronsson tell Ranelid he is going the next day in Chapter 19?
3. Whom is Allan taken to meet at the Kremilin in Chapter 16?
(a) President Nixon.
(b) Marshal Beria.
(d) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
4. On what date is Chapter 24 set?
(a) December 1, 2005.
(b) March 1, 1946.
(c) May 26, 2005.
(d) September 11, 1995.
5. Allan claims in the Epilogue that he can only do two things well. One of these things is making vodka from what?
(b) Goat's milk.
6. During what dates is Chapter 22 set?
(a) May 26-29, 2005.
(b) March 12-14, 1959.
(c) May 25-26, 2005.
(d) August 12-13, 2005.
7. Why has Allan exploded his cottage in the end of the novel?
(a) To kill a professor.
(b) To kill a cat.
(c) To kill his father.
(d) To kill a fox.
8. When was Jonas Jonasson born?
9. How much money is promised to Allan if his help to the Soviets helps produce an atomic bomb in Chapter 16?
10. Who provides Allan and Herbert with false passports in Chapter 20?
(a) Professor Bernhard Lundborg.
(b) Henning Algotsson.
(c) Mao Tse-tung.
(d) Superintendent Krook.
11. What does Amanda begin writing after Allan gives her a computer?
(a) A blog.
(b) A religious journal.
(c) A novel.
(d) An encyclopedia.
12. What is the second of the two things that Allan claims to be able to do well in the Epilogue?
(a) Put together an atomic bomb.
(b) Running from the law.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Stealing money.
13. Who is the president of France in Chapter 23?
(a) Charles de Gaulle.
(b) Charles II.
(c) George VI.
(d) Henry VIII.
14. What Swedish tabloid toys with "the idea of using Tarot cards to help them home in on Allan’s whereabouts" in Chapter 19?
(a) The Mirror.
(b) The Daily.
(c) The Express.
(d) The Sun.
15. On what date does Chapter 19 begin?
(a) September 11, 1949.
(b) May 2, 2005.
(c) May 11, 2005.
(d) March 10, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allan drink with the friendly man while on the submarine in Chapter 16?
2. What do Allan and his friends claim was in the suitcase when relating their story to Prosecutor Ranelid in Chapter 25?
3. In what year does the narrator describe the Balinese volcano eruption in Chapter 23?
4. Who is the new ambassador at the Indonesian Embassy in Paris in Chapter 23?
5. To what caste does Ni Wayan Laksmi's family belong in Bali?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)