|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as "the unfortunate man in charge of the car crushing machine at the scrap yard in the southern suburbs of Riga" in Chapter 22?
(a) Herbert Einstein.
(b) Arnis Ikstens.
(c) Julius Jonsson.
(d) Superintendent Krook.
2. What is Bosse's last name?
3. Where does Chief Inspector Aronsson tell Ranelid he is going the next day in Chapter 19?
4. What two cities in Japan did the United States hit with atomic bombs during WWII?
(a) Osaka and Sapporo.
(b) Tokyo and Nagasaki.
(c) Tokyo and Hiroshima.
(d) Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
5. On what date is Chapter 24 set?
(a) September 11, 1995.
(b) May 26, 2005.
(c) December 1, 2005.
(d) March 1, 1946.
6. What title does the American President give for Ryan Hutton in Chapter 23?
(a) Prime Minister.
(b) Head of Staff.
(c) Legal advisor.
7. How old is Allan when he returns to Sweden and buys a cottage in Chapter 28?
8. On what Swedish island does Jonas Jonasson live?
9. Where is the sailor from that dumps Bucket's remains in Chapter 22?
(a) North Korea.
10. How old is Amanda on her birthday when Allan gives her a laptop computer?
11. Who is the president of France in Chapter 23?
(a) Henry VIII.
(b) Charles II.
(c) Charles de Gaulle.
(d) George VI.
12. What do Allan and his friends claim was in the suitcase when relating their story to Prosecutor Ranelid in Chapter 25?
13. Where does Yury go to dinner with his wife and Allan in Chapter 26?
(a) The Pushkin Restaurant.
(b) The White Horse Hotel.
(c) The Cantina.
(d) The Four Seasons.
14. Riga is the capital of what country?
15. Who was the Nobel-prize laureate that Yury Borisovich Popov studied with?
(a) Professor Bernhard Lundborg.
(b) Herbert Einstein.
(c) Henning Algotsson.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has the sailor been paid for dumping Bucket's remains in Chapter 22?
2. What is Gunilla's last name?
3. How much money is promised to Allan if his help to the Soviets helps produce an atomic bomb in Chapter 16?
4. During what years is Chapter 20 set?
5. What Swedish tabloid toys with "the idea of using Tarot cards to help them home in on Allan’s whereabouts" in Chapter 19?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)