|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what years is Chapter 11 set?
2. Where does the mayor send his staff to look for Allan in Chapter 3?
(a) To the cemetery and the laundromat.
(b) To the park and the liquor store.
(c) To the library and the radio station.
(d) To the church and the funeral home.
3. What item of evidence have the investigators discovered where Bucket was killed in Chapter 14?
(a) Bucket's body.
(b) Bucket's knife.
(c) Bucket's revolver.
(d) Bucket's pill bottle.
4. Whom does the chief of police in Tehran want Allan to kill in Chapter 13?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) President Truman.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) President Nixon.
5. What mountain range does Allan recall crossing in his youth in Chapter 2?
(a) The Andes.
(b) The Sierra Nevada.
(c) The Himalayas.
(d) The Pyrenees.
6. Who is the King of Sweden at the time when Allan leaves his childhood home?
(a) King Johannes V.
(b) King Gustaf V.
(c) King Charles IX.
(d) King Eric XIV.
7. On what date does Chapter 10 begin?
(a) May 9, 2005.
(b) May 2, 2005.
(c) May 9, 2009.
(d) March 10, 2004.
8. What words are on the jacket of the greasy young man who has left his suitcase with Allan at the train statoin?
(a) "The Violins."
(b) "The Violence."
(d) "Never Again."
9. For how long has Reverend Ferguson been in Iran searching for lost souls when he meets Allan?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 7 years.
10. How many converts in total does Reverend Ferguson say he's reached in Chapter 13?
11. What day of the week is it when Allan escapes the nursing home?
12. How is Bucket killed in the narrative?
(a) He is hit by a school bus.
(b) He is hung.
(c) He falls backward into the river.
(d) He is crushed by an elephant.
13. Where did Bucket begin his criminal career?
14. What is Allan's holding cell compared to when he arrives in Tehran in Chapter 13?
(a) A castle.
(b) A urinal.
15. In what town is Allan's nursing home located?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Benny give to Bosse when they meet in Chapter 15?
2. Where does the narrator describe Allan's mother marching in the May Day parade in Chapter 4?
3. How much money does Mr. Wholesale Merchant Gustavsson give to Allan's mother for the Easter Egg in Chapter 4?
4. On what date does Chapter 12 begin?
5. During what years is Chapter 9 set?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)