|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date was Allan Karlsson born?
(a) May 2, 1905.
(b) May 2, 1910.
(c) March 12, 1904.
(d) May 12, 1902.
2. What does Prosecutor Conny Ranelid intend to leak to the press in the end of Chapter 14?
(a) That "the centenarian" has died.
(b) That "the centenarian has left the country."
(c) That "the centenarian is a veritable murder machine."
(d) That "the centenarian is in grave danger from his kidnappers."
3. Who is the doctor that has Allan sterilized when he is in the asylum?
(a) Professor Gustavsson.
(b) Professor Sven Sording.
(c) Professor Bernhard Lundborg.
(d) Professor Henning Algotsson.
4. What kind of shoes is Allan wearing when he escapes the nursing home?
(a) House slippers.
(b) Dress shoes.
(c) Cowboy boots.
5. How many converts in total does Reverend Ferguson say he's reached in Chapter 13?
6. During what years is Chapter 9 set?
7. Where has the centarian been reportedly seen outside of a health clinic in Chapter 10?
8. Bosse's residence is located near what small town?
9. Who is the husband of Soong May-ling?
(a) Chiang Kai-shek.
(b) Herbert Einstein.
(c) Julius Jonsson.
(d) Mao Tse-tung.
10. What does Esteban want to leave by the foundry owner's gate as he and Allan leave Sweden in Chapter 7?
(a) A pony.
(b) A vase of flowers.
(c) A suitcase of money.
11. Why does Allan's father develop an affinity for the Tsar in Chapter 4?
(a) Because of all the bad luck he's suffered.
(b) Because of his ties to the United States.
(c) Because of his ties to socialism.
(d) Because of his ties to communism.
12. Who arrests and questions Allan after he has blown up his childhood home in Chapter 7?
(a) Prosecutor Ranelid.
(b) Superintendent Krook.
(c) Chief Inspector Aronsson.
(d) Superintendent Aronsson.
13. Where does the mayor send his staff to look for Allan in Chapter 3?
(a) To the church and the funeral home.
(b) To the park and the liquor store.
(c) To the cemetery and the laundromat.
(d) To the library and the radio station.
14. What is the name of the police dog that accompanies Chief Inspector Aronsson in Chapter 8?
15. What words are on the jacket of the greasy young man who has left his suitcase with Allan at the train statoin?
(b) "The Violence."
(c) "Never Again."
(d) "The Violins."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bucket's real name revealed to be in Chapter 10?
2. What does Bosse offer Benny and his friends for dinner when they arrive at his home in Chapter 15?
3. During what years is Chapter 13 set?
4. What does General Franco serve to Allan after he has saved him from the bridge explosion in Chapter 7?
5. What is described as "the first of the thirty-nine articles in the Anglican creed" in Chapter 13?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)