|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Allan's room number at the nursing home?
(a) Room 3.
(b) Room 6.
(c) Room 1.
(d) Room 10.
2. What words are on the jacket of the greasy young man who has left his suitcase with Allan at the train statoin?
(a) "The Violence."
(c) "Never Again."
(d) "The Violins."
3. Where does Allan arrive via ship in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
4. Who is described as "the upstart clown who had taken over" after the Tsar's deposal in Chapter 4?
(b) President Adams.
5. What is the first town that Allan encounters after he's been freed from jail for blowing up his cabin in Chapter 7?
6. Where does the narrator describe Allan's mother marching in the May Day parade in Chapter 4?
7. Where does Allan's father go after leaving his family?
(a) To Russia.
(b) To America.
(c) To India.
(d) To Spain.
8. What is the destination for the next bus leaving the station when Allan arrives in Chapter 2?
9. What is Allan's holding cell compared to when he arrives in Tehran in Chapter 13?
(a) A castle.
(b) A urinal.
10. Who is the ill-tempered woman that heads the nursing home where Allan lives?
(a) Director Cleopatra.
(b) Director Alice.
(c) Director Louise.
(d) Director Anna.
11. Where does the bus driver intend to drop off Allan after he's paid his fare in Chapter 2?
(c) Byringe Station.
12. How much money does Mr. Wholesale Merchant Gustavsson give to Allan's mother for the Easter Egg in Chapter 4?
(a) 12 crowns.
(b) 18 crowns.
(c) 5 crowns.
(d) 24 crowns.
13. For how long has Reverend Ferguson been in Iran searching for lost souls when he meets Allan?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 15 years.
14. To what location do General Franco's escorts take Allan so that he can take a ship home after leaving Spain?
(b) New York.
15. Why does Allan's father develop an affinity for the Tsar in Chapter 4?
(a) Because of his ties to the United States.
(b) Because of his ties to socialism.
(c) Because of all the bad luck he's suffered.
(d) Because of his ties to communism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Prosecutor Conny Ranelid tell Chief Inspector Aronsson to get a hotel room in Chapter 14?
2. Who is the Prime Minister with whose daughter Esteban fell in love?
3. Who is the doctor that has Allan sterilized when he is in the asylum?
4. What years are covered in Chapter 7?
5. What mountain range does Allan recall crossing in his youth in Chapter 2?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)