|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Bryon and Cathy find while they look for M&M in Chapter 6?
2. Why did Mark's father shoot his mother?
3. What does Bryon say happened to his dad?
4. In Chapter 9, how does Bryon feel the day after he gets beaten up?
5. Where does Mark ask Bryon to stop in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay outlining the history of drugs and drug culture. How have laws changed regarding various substances? Why are some substances illegal, and not others? Why is drug culture so closely related to teens?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing Mark's character. What motivates him? Is he a hero or an anti-hero?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about race relations in North America. How much does misunderstanding between different races lead to violence? How is this violence perpetuated? Is gang membership often based on a common race and identity?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)