|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cathy and Bryon find M&M in Chapter 6?
2. Why are there lots of editorials in the paper about the Ribbon?
3. Where do Bryon and Mark take Angela in Chapter 7?
4. Where does Mark hide his cigarettes?
5. Which fast food place do Bryon and his friends go to in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the 'hippie' movement in the 1960s. How did it affect youth culture? Do hippies still exist today?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining your position on Bryon's actions. Was turning Mark in the right thing to do? What would you have done in the same situation? When does legal duty come before friendship and loyalty?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about race relations in North America. How much does misunderstanding between different races lead to violence? How is this violence perpetuated? Is gang membership often based on a common race and identity?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)