|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bryon say Cathy doesn't like Mark?
2. What does the Shepard gang do to Bryon?
3. What slogan is painted on the side of one of the VW buses?
4. How does one girl describe the inhabitants of the house in Chapter 8?
5. What does Bryon promise in Chapter 9 that he and Cathy will do once he's better?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining your position on Bryon's actions. Was turning Mark in the right thing to do? What would you have done in the same situation? When does legal duty come before friendship and loyalty?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay outlining the different stereotypes of high school students. Is there any truth to stereotypes? Is there any way to obliterate stereotypes?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing gun culture in the United States. Does America have more guns than any other country in the world? Do the media play a role in painting a picture of the U.S. as a place where everyone has a gun?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)