|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bryon say Cathy doesn't like Mark?
2. Why did Angela get married?
3. Why does Mark do what he does to Angela after she passes out?
4. Where do the cops often give out tickets for illegal turns?
5. Why do the inhabitants of the house have to keep a close eye on M&M?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay outlining the history of drugs and drug culture. How have laws changed regarding various substances? Why are some substances illegal, and not others? Why is drug culture so closely related to teens?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing teen culture in the 1960s. Be sure to address:
1 - How was it different from today.
2 - Whether or not teens were more sheltered then than they are now.
3 - How the high school experience has changed.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Bryon's character. Be sure to address:
1 - What makes Byron different from the heroes of other teen novels.
2 - His motivations.
3 - Where he get his code of ethics from.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)