|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bryon propose going steady with Cathy?
2. Who do Bryon and Cathy find while they look for M&M in Chapter 6?
3. What does Bryon tell Mark after being confronted by the Shepard gang?
4. What does Bryon go searching for under Mark's mattress in Chapter 10?
5. How does Bryon try to earn the respect of the people in the house in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining anarchy. Would the world be better or worse without rules to govern the population? How would our current situation change? Should people be allowed to do whatever they want? How does anarchy relate to the hippie lifestyle?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing teen culture in the 1960s. Be sure to address:
1 - How was it different from today.
2 - Whether or not teens were more sheltered then than they are now.
3 - How the high school experience has changed.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the pacifist movement. Be sure to address:
1 - Its origins and membership.
2 - Some famous historical figures who have been pacifists.
3 - Whether or not the the movement made an impact on upon conflicts and warfare in general.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)