|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike say in Chapter 5 that depresses Bryon?
2. How does Bryon feel when he returns to school on Monday in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of the guy who gives Bryon and Mark a ride in Chapter 2?
4. What is M&M doing when Bryon arrives at his house to pick up Cathy?
5. What does Bryon notice about Mark when they meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bryon's mother react when he and Mark get into trouble?
2. What is Angela's home life like?
3. What does Bryon do in order to support his mother and Mark?
4. How does Bryon react to Cathy's emotional breakdown?
5. What is Mark's attitude towards breaking the rules?
6. How does Bryon describe Charlie?
7. How does Bryon feel about Cathy when they're around other guys?
8. What does it mean that Charlie got his "draft" notice?
9. How does Bryon manage to enter the bar/pool hall even though he's underage?
10. Why doesn't Bryon love Cathy anymore by Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing conscription. When has it been enforced in North American history? What has the public's reaction to conscription been? How would the public react if it were enforced again?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay discussing revenge. Be sure to touch upon:
1 - The motivations behind getting revenge.
2 - Some famous stories of revenge.
3 - Whether or not revenge helps to reconcile a situation.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining anarchy. Would the world be better or worse without rules to govern the population? How would our current situation change? Should people be allowed to do whatever they want? How does anarchy relate to the hippie lifestyle?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)