|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does a Coke cost at the pool hall?
2. Where were the players from that Mark and Bryon hustled from?
3. What are the rich gang members called?
4. In Chapter 4, Bryon describes Mark as this kind of lion.
5. What is Bryon's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Mark understand Bryon?
2. How does Bryon react to Cathy's emotional breakdown?
3. Why don't Cathy and Mark like each other?
4. Why won't Charlie hire Bryon?
5. How do Mark and Bryon's reactions to Mike's story differ?
6. What does Bryon do in order to support his mother and Mark?
7. Why doesn't Bryon like Curtis?
8. What happens to Bryon while he is hung over at work?
9. How does Bryon describe Mark's view on stealing?
10. Why does Bryon hate Angela?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the advantages and disadvantages of being a teenager. Be sure to address:
1 - Challenges teens face that adults seem to be unaware of.
2 - The benefits of being young.
3 - How teenagers can make the most of their youth.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the 'hippie' movement in the 1960s. How did it affect youth culture? Do hippies still exist today?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Bryon's character. Be sure to address:
1 - What makes Byron different from the heroes of other teen novels.
2 - His motivations.
3 - Where he get his code of ethics from.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)