|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does M&M get paid for babysitting his siblings?
2. What is Bryon's relationship with Mark?
3. What does Bryon do every day that Mark teases him about?
4. What kind of books did Bryon read to Mark when they were little?
5. Where is Mike's older brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Bryon love Cathy anymore by Chapter 11?
2. What is Bryon's opinion of hippies and their lifestyle?
3. What happens to Bryon while he is hung over at work?
4. What are some of the things Bryon and Mark used to do when they were kids?
5. Why don't Cathy and Mark like each other?
6. What does it mean that Charlie got his "draft" notice?
7. How does Bryon describe M&M's trusting nature?
8. Describe Bryon's reaction to the Texans' trial and sentencing.
9. How does Bryon describe Mark's view on stealing?
10. What is Cathy's reaction to her father's opinion of M&M?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining your position on Bryon's actions. Was turning Mark in the right thing to do? What would you have done in the same situation? When does legal duty come before friendship and loyalty?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing Mark's character. What motivates him? Is he a hero or an anti-hero?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing objectivity. Is it possible for a judge or a newspaper reporter to remain completely impartial while doing their jobs? How do our personal beliefs and opinions affect the way we react in situations where we should remain unbiased?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)