|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark's explanation for taking someone's car in Chapter 4?
2. What does one of the players Byron is playing against say his name is?
3. What has Bryon been hunting all over town for?
4. How many students are the in senior class?
5. What is Bryon making for dinner when Terry Jones finds him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Mark understand Bryon?
2. How does Bryon describe the Socs and the Greasers?
3. How does Bryon describe M&M's trusting nature?
4. What happens to Bryon while he is hung over at work?
5. What happened between Bryon and the police when he was thirteen?
6. Why does Bryon throw up after Mark is arrested?
7. What does Mark think about stealing?
8. How does Bryon describe Mark's view on stealing?
9. What is Bryon's opinion of hippies and their lifestyle?
10. What impression does Bryon give of his mother?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay addressing the issue of marriage. How have the ideals surrounding marriage changed over time? Has the average age of people getting married risen or lowered? Is it common for high school students to get married?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining your position on Bryon's actions. Was turning Mark in the right thing to do? What would you have done in the same situation? When does legal duty come before friendship and loyalty?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the pacifist movement. Be sure to address:
1 - Its origins and membership.
2 - Some famous historical figures who have been pacifists.
3 - Whether or not the the movement made an impact on upon conflicts and warfare in general.
This section contains 1,549 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)