|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Bryon like?
2. What does Charlie tell Bryon and Mark he did when he was 12?
3. What is Bryon's relationship with Mark?
4. How much does M&M get paid for babysitting his siblings?
5. What would Mark and Bryon shoot from the roof of the shopping center?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bryon throw up after Mark is arrested?
2. Why did Mark get such a harsh sentence?
3. What is Bryon's place in the social structure of his high school?
4. Describe a typical night on the Ribbon.
5. How does Bryon describe Charlie?
6. How do Mark and Bryon's perspectives on life differ?
7. What are some of the things Bryon and Mark used to do when they were kids?
8. Why doesn't Bryon like Curtis?
9. Why is Mark living with Bryon?
10. Why does Bryon hate Angela?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay outlining the history of drugs and drug culture. How have laws changed regarding various substances? Why are some substances illegal, and not others? Why is drug culture so closely related to teens?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing teen culture in the 1960s. Be sure to address:
1 - How was it different from today.
2 - Whether or not teens were more sheltered then than they are now.
3 - How the high school experience has changed.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing gun culture in the United States. Does America have more guns than any other country in the world? Do the media play a role in painting a picture of the U.S. as a place where everyone has a gun?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)