|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark take from the boy he jumps in Chapter 1?
2. What is Bryon's last name?
3. Who gets shot in the struggle between the Texans and Charlie?
4. Who does Bryon keep comparing Cathy to?
5. What subject is M&M flunking at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bryon's opinion of hippies and their lifestyle?
2. What are some of the things Bryon and Mark used to do when they were kids?
3. Why is Mark living with Bryon?
4. How does Bryon describe Mark's view on stealing?
5. Why doesn't Bryon like Curtis?
6. Why is Bryon angry at the doctor who treats M&M?
7. How do Bryon and Mark react differently to Charlie's death?
8. Why does M&M get angry at Mark after he helps to rescue him from Curly Shepard?
9. What do Cathy and her father discuss in Chapter 7?
10. What routine do Bryon and Mark use when they're hustling pool?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing gun culture in the United States. Does America have more guns than any other country in the world? Do the media play a role in painting a picture of the U.S. as a place where everyone has a gun?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the pacifist movement. Be sure to address:
1 - Its origins and membership.
2 - Some famous historical figures who have been pacifists.
3 - Whether or not the the movement made an impact on upon conflicts and warfare in general.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay outlining the history of drugs and drug culture. How have laws changed regarding various substances? Why are some substances illegal, and not others? Why is drug culture so closely related to teens?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)