|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does a Coke cost at the pool hall?
2. How much money did Bryon have by midnight in Chapter 5?
3. What symbol does M&M wear hanging around his neck?
4. Why do Mark and Bryon go to the pool hall in Chapter 1?
5. Where do Mark, Bryon and M&M go after the drugstore in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bryon think Mark is familiar with the 'free love' house?
2. Is Bryon fully aware of his actions after he finds Mark's stash of pills?
3. How does Bryon manage to enter the bar/pool hall even though he's underage?
4. Why doesn't Mark understand Bryon?
5. Why is Mark living with Bryon?
6. How do Mark and Bryon's social status change as a result of the trial?
7. How do Bryon and Mark react differently to Charlie's death?
8. What happens to Bryon while he is hung over at work?
9. How did Charlie protect Bryon and Mark?
10. How does Bryon describe Charlie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining your position on Bryon's actions. Was turning Mark in the right thing to do? What would you have done in the same situation? When does legal duty come before friendship and loyalty?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay discussing conscription. When has it been enforced in North American history? What has the public's reaction to conscription been? How would the public react if it were enforced again?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the process of dating in North America. Be sure to address:
1 - How it has evolved over the years.
2 - How it differs from that of other countries.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)