|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl buy in Mike's story?
2. What does Bryon ask to borrow from Charlie in Chapter 5?
3. What is Curly's brother's gang called?
4. What do the other students think about Mark after the fight?
5. What is Mark's explanation for taking someone's car in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mark get such a harsh sentence?
2. What is Bryon's opinion of hippies and their lifestyle?
3. What happened between Bryon and the police when he was thirteen?
4. Describe Bryon's comparison between Cathy and Angela.
5. How do Mark and Bryon's social status change as a result of the trial?
6. Why doesn't Bryon love Cathy anymore by Chapter 11?
7. How does Bryon feel about meeting Cathy's parents?
8. How did Charlie protect Bryon and Mark?
9. Why is Bryon angry at the doctor who treats M&M?
10. Why does Bryon go to Charlie's grave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the advantages and disadvantages of being a teenager. Be sure to address:
1 - Challenges teens face that adults seem to be unaware of.
2 - The benefits of being young.
3 - How teenagers can make the most of their youth.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay discussing gun culture in the United States. Does America have more guns than any other country in the world? Do the media play a role in painting a picture of the U.S. as a place where everyone has a gun?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing objectivity. Is it possible for a judge or a newspaper reporter to remain completely impartial while doing their jobs? How do our personal beliefs and opinions affect the way we react in situations where we should remain unbiased?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)