|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark's explanation for taking someone's car in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mark take from the boy he jumps in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Mike look worse when Bryon and Mark visit him in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Bryon go after he sees Mike in Chapter 5?
5. Who does Bryon make a point to mouth off to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bryon feel about Cathy when they're around other guys?
2. How do Bryon and Mark describe their recent shift in priorities in Chapter 4?
3. Why doesn't Bryon want to get revenge on the Shepard gang?
4. Why does Bryon go to Charlie's grave?
5. Why does Bryon throw up after Mark is arrested?
6. How does Bryon's mother react when he and Mark get into trouble?
7. What happens to M&M after he drops acid?
8. How did Charlie protect Bryon and Mark?
9. What does Bryon do in order to support his mother and Mark?
10. What is Bryon's impression of the 'free love' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing objectivity. Is it possible for a judge or a newspaper reporter to remain completely impartial while doing their jobs? How do our personal beliefs and opinions affect the way we react in situations where we should remain unbiased?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the plight of teenage runaways. Is there a typical pattern of events that follows a teen running away? What motivates teens to leave home? What are some social programs that have been put into place to support teens who run away?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the advantages and disadvantages of being a teenager. Be sure to address:
1 - Challenges teens face that adults seem to be unaware of.
2 - The benefits of being young.
3 - How teenagers can make the most of their youth.
This section contains 1,591 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)