|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark ask Bryon to do in Chapter 4?
2. How many students are the in senior class?
3. How does Mark get injured in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of the boy in the hospital room across from Bryon's mother?
5. What is Curly's brother's gang called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mark living with Bryon?
2. How do Mark and Bryon's perspectives on life differ?
3. What do Bryon and Mark think of M&M?
4. What routine do Bryon and Mark use when they're hustling pool?
5. Describe Bryon's comparison between Cathy and Angela.
6. How does Bryon's mother react when Bryon turns Mark in?
7. Why doesn't Mark understand Bryon?
8. What does Mark think about stealing?
9. What impression does Bryon give of his mother?
10. Describe Bryon's reaction to the Texans' trial and sentencing.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing teen culture in the 1960s. Be sure to address:
1 - How was it different from today.
2 - Whether or not teens were more sheltered then than they are now.
3 - How the high school experience has changed.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the pacifist movement. Be sure to address:
1 - Its origins and membership.
2 - Some famous historical figures who have been pacifists.
3 - Whether or not the the movement made an impact on upon conflicts and warfare in general.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay outlining the different stereotypes of high school students. Is there any truth to stereotypes? Is there any way to obliterate stereotypes?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)