|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Bryon been hunting all over town for?
2. How much does M&M get paid for babysitting his siblings?
3. What symbol does M&M wear hanging around his neck?
4. Who is waiting for Bryon and Mark in the alley when they leave Charlie's?
5. What does Mr. Carlson dislike about M&M?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bryon do in order to support his mother and Mark?
2. Describe Bryon's reaction to the Texans' trial and sentencing.
3. How does Bryon react to Cathy's emotional breakdown?
4. Why did Mark get such a harsh sentence?
5. What is Cathy's reaction to her father's opinion of M&M?
6. How does Cathy change Bryon's attitude towards women?
7. Describe a typical night on the Ribbon.
8. Why does Bryon hate Angela?
9. What is Bryon's impression of the 'free love' house?
10. How do Bryon and Mark describe their recent shift in priorities in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining anarchy. Would the world be better or worse without rules to govern the population? How would our current situation change? Should people be allowed to do whatever they want? How does anarchy relate to the hippie lifestyle?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining the advantages and disadvantages of being a teenager. Be sure to address:
1 - Challenges teens face that adults seem to be unaware of.
2 - The benefits of being young.
3 - How teenagers can make the most of their youth.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing gun culture in the United States. Does America have more guns than any other country in the world? Do the media play a role in painting a picture of the U.S. as a place where everyone has a gun?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)