|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mark go to school?
2. What does Charlie tell Bryon and Mark he did when he was 12?
3. How many students are the in senior class?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Mark sneak from the bar while Charlie wasn't looking?
5. In Chapter 2, what does the girl tell the guys in her neighborhood to do to Mike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mark and Bryon's social status change as a result of the trial?
2. Why doesn't Bryon like Curtis?
3. Describe a typical night on the Ribbon.
4. Why is Mark living with Bryon?
5. Why is Bryon angry at the doctor who treats M&M?
6. Why does Bryon throw up after Mark is arrested?
7. What is Cathy's reaction to her father's opinion of M&M?
8. Describe Bryon's reaction to the Texans' trial and sentencing.
9. What does Mark think about stealing?
10. How does Bryon describe the Socs and the Greasers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the advantages and disadvantages of being a teenager. Be sure to address:
1 - Challenges teens face that adults seem to be unaware of.
2 - The benefits of being young.
3 - How teenagers can make the most of their youth.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about race relations in North America. How much does misunderstanding between different races lead to violence? How is this violence perpetuated? Is gang membership often based on a common race and identity?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay addressing the issue of marriage. How have the ideals surrounding marriage changed over time? Has the average age of people getting married risen or lowered? Is it common for high school students to get married?
This section contains 1,556 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)