Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Bryon like?
2. Who is looking for Mark and Bryon in Chapter 1?
3. What is Curly's brother's gang called?
4. What does one of the players Byron is playing against say his name is?
5. Why is Charlie in a bad mood in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bryon think Mark is familiar with the 'free love' house?
2. Is Bryon fully aware of his actions after he finds Mark's stash of pills?
3. How do Mark and Bryon's perspectives on life differ?
4. How do Mark and Bryon's social status change as a result of the trial?
5. How do Mark and Bryon's reactions to Mike's story differ?
6. What does Bryon do in order to support his mother and Mark?
7. What is Bryon's impression of the 'free love' house?
8. What happens to M&M after he drops acid?
9. Why does Mark want to hurt Angela?
10. Why don't Cathy and Mark like each other?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing teen culture in the 1960s. Be sure to address:
1 - How was it different from today.
2 - Whether or not teens were more sheltered then than they are now.
3 - How the high school experience has changed.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay discussing objectivity. Is it possible for a judge or a newspaper reporter to remain completely impartial while doing their jobs? How do our personal beliefs and opinions affect the way we react in situations where we should remain unbiased?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the pacifist movement. Be sure to address:
1 - Its origins and membership.
2 - Some famous historical figures who have been pacifists.
3 - Whether or not the the movement made an impact on upon conflicts and warfare in general.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)