|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mark see a probation officer once a week?
2. What does Mr. Carlson dislike about M&M?
3. What does Bryon ask to borrow from Charlie in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 4, Bryon describes Mark as this kind of lion.
5. What does Mark take from the boy he jumps in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bryon go to Charlie's grave?
2. Why doesn't Bryon want to get revenge on the Shepard gang?
3. What are some of the things Bryon and Mark used to do when they were kids?
4. Why doesn't Mark understand Bryon?
5. Why does Mark offer to fight Bryon in Chapter 8?
6. Why is Mark living with Bryon?
7. Why does Bryon think Mark is familiar with the 'free love' house?
8. How does Bryon react to Cathy's emotional breakdown?
9. What is Bryon's first impression of Cathy?
10. What does it mean that Charlie got his "draft" notice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing Bryon's character. Be sure to address:
1 - What makes Byron different from the heroes of other teen novels.
2 - His motivations.
3 - Where he get his code of ethics from.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining anarchy. Would the world be better or worse without rules to govern the population? How would our current situation change? Should people be allowed to do whatever they want? How does anarchy relate to the hippie lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the advantages and disadvantages of being a teenager. Be sure to address:
1 - Challenges teens face that adults seem to be unaware of.
2 - The benefits of being young.
3 - How teenagers can make the most of their youth.
This section contains 1,483 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)