|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the principal's reaction to Mark's explanation?
2. Why is Mike in the hospital in Chapter 2?
3. What does Charlie tell Bryon and Mark he did when he was 12?
4. What is Bryon's relationship with Mark?
5. What is the name of the boy in the hospital room across from Bryon's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bryon describe Charlie?
2. How does Bryon's mother react when Bryon turns Mark in?
3. How did Charlie protect Bryon and Mark?
4. How does Cathy change Bryon's attitude towards women?
5. Describe Bryon's reaction to the Texans' trial and sentencing.
6. What happens to Bryon while he is hung over at work?
7. What is Angela's home life like?
8. What happened between Bryon and the police when he was thirteen?
9. What happens to M&M after he drops acid?
10. What is Cathy's reaction to her father's opinion of M&M?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing teen culture in the 1960s. Be sure to address:
1 - How was it different from today.
2 - Whether or not teens were more sheltered then than they are now.
3 - How the high school experience has changed.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay outlining the different stereotypes of high school students. Is there any truth to stereotypes? Is there any way to obliterate stereotypes?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about race relations in North America. How much does misunderstanding between different races lead to violence? How is this violence perpetuated? Is gang membership often based on a common race and identity?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)