|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Mark sneak from the bar while Charlie wasn't looking?
2. What does Mike say in Chapter 5 that depresses Bryon?
3. What author does Bryon like?
4. What is M&M reading when Mark and Bryon find him in Chapter 1?
5. Where does Bryon go after he sees Mike in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bryon describe Charlie?
2. What does it mean that Charlie got his "draft" notice?
3. What happens to M&M after he drops acid?
4. How does Bryon react to Cathy's emotional breakdown?
5. How does Bryon feel about Cathy when they're around other guys?
6. Describe Bryon's reaction to the Texans' trial and sentencing.
7. What routine do Bryon and Mark use when they're hustling pool?
8. Why doesn't Bryon love Cathy anymore by Chapter 11?
9. What does Mark think about stealing?
10. How does Bryon feel about meeting Cathy's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the pacifist movement. Be sure to address:
1 - Its origins and membership.
2 - Some famous historical figures who have been pacifists.
3 - Whether or not the the movement made an impact on upon conflicts and warfare in general.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about race relations in North America. How much does misunderstanding between different races lead to violence? How is this violence perpetuated? Is gang membership often based on a common race and identity?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing conscription. When has it been enforced in North American history? What has the public's reaction to conscription been? How would the public react if it were enforced again?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)