|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bryon keep comparing Cathy to?
2. What is the bartender's name in the pool hall?
3. Bryon has never been able to accept:
4. What subject does Randy major in at the local college?
5. What does the girl buy in Mike's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bryon's comparison between Cathy and Angela.
2. How does Bryon's mother react when he and Mark get into trouble?
3. Why does Bryon hate Angela?
4. Why is Bryon angry at the doctor who treats M&M?
5. How do Bryon and Mark describe their recent shift in priorities in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Bryon think Mark is familiar with the 'free love' house?
7. How does Bryon describe the Socs and the Greasers?
8. What is Cathy's reaction to her father's opinion of M&M?
9. How does Bryon's mother react when Bryon turns Mark in?
10. What impression does Bryon give of his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing objectivity. Is it possible for a judge or a newspaper reporter to remain completely impartial while doing their jobs? How do our personal beliefs and opinions affect the way we react in situations where we should remain unbiased?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining the advantages and disadvantages of being a teenager. Be sure to address:
1 - Challenges teens face that adults seem to be unaware of.
2 - The benefits of being young.
3 - How teenagers can make the most of their youth.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay outlining the history of drugs and drug culture. How have laws changed regarding various substances? Why are some substances illegal, and not others? Why is drug culture so closely related to teens?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)