Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Bryon like?
2. Who is looking for Mark and Bryon in Chapter 1?
3. What is Curly's brother's gang called?
4. What does one of the players Byron is playing against say his name is?
5. Why is Charlie in a bad mood in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bryon think Mark is familiar with the 'free love' house?
2. Is Bryon fully aware of his actions after he finds Mark's stash of pills?
3. How do Mark and Bryon's perspectives on life differ?
4. How do Mark and Bryon's social status change as a result of the trial?
5. How do Mark and Bryon's reactions to Mike's story differ?
6. What does Bryon do in order to support his mother and Mark?
7. What is Bryon's impression of the 'free love' house?
8. What happens to M&M after he drops acid?
9. Why does Mark want to hurt Angela?
10. Why don't Cathy and Mark like each other?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining anarchy. Would the world be better or worse without rules to govern the population? How would our current situation change? Should people be allowed to do whatever they want? How does anarchy relate to the hippie lifestyle?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the pacifist movement. Be sure to address:
1 - Its origins and membership.
2 - Some famous historical figures who have been pacifists.
3 - Whether or not the the movement made an impact on upon conflicts and warfare in general.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining how cars affected culture in the 20th century. How did they change social gatherings, food consumption and leisure activities?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)