|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Mark and Bryon play when they were kids?
2. What is M&M doing when Bryon arrives at his house to pick up Cathy?
3. What does Mr. Carlson dislike about M&M?
4. What is the girl's name who Mike offers a ride home to?
5. Why is Mike in the hospital in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bryon think Mark is familiar with the 'free love' house?
2. Why does M&M get angry at Mark after he helps to rescue him from Curly Shepard?
3. How do Mark and Bryon's social status change as a result of the trial?
4. What is Mark's attitude towards breaking the rules?
5. Why is Bryon angry at the doctor who treats M&M?
6. Is Bryon fully aware of his actions after he finds Mark's stash of pills?
7. Why is Mark living with Bryon?
8. What routine do Bryon and Mark use when they're hustling pool?
9. Why did Mark get such a harsh sentence?
10. Why doesn't Mark understand Bryon?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the plight of teenage runaways. Is there a typical pattern of events that follows a teen running away? What motivates teens to leave home? What are some social programs that have been put into place to support teens who run away?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay outlining the different stereotypes of high school students. Is there any truth to stereotypes? Is there any way to obliterate stereotypes?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing gang culture. Be sure to address:
1 - When gangs first socially documented.
2 - Some rituals that are commonly associated with gangs.
3 - Places where gangs can be found.
This section contains 1,528 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)