|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mike's older brother?
2. How does Bryon feel when he returns to school on Monday in Chapter 4?
3. What is Bryon's relationship with Mark?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Mark sneak from the bar while Charlie wasn't looking?
5. Why does Bryon want to borrow something from Charlie in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bryon's place in the social structure of his high school?
2. What is Bryon's impression of the 'free love' house?
3. How does Bryon describe Charlie?
4. How does Bryon feel connected to Mike, the guy from the hospital?
5. What does it mean that Charlie got his "draft" notice?
6. How do Mark and Bryon's reactions to Mike's story differ?
7. How did Charlie protect Bryon and Mark?
8. How does Bryon's mother react when Bryon turns Mark in?
9. How does Cathy change Bryon's attitude towards women?
10. What is Mark's attitude towards breaking the rules?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the pacifist movement. Be sure to address:
1 - Its origins and membership.
2 - Some famous historical figures who have been pacifists.
3 - Whether or not the the movement made an impact on upon conflicts and warfare in general.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay addressing the issue of marriage. How have the ideals surrounding marriage changed over time? Has the average age of people getting married risen or lowered? Is it common for high school students to get married?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining your position on Bryon's actions. Was turning Mark in the right thing to do? What would you have done in the same situation? When does legal duty come before friendship and loyalty?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)