|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mark's friends does Bryon dislike?
2. Who is looking for Mark and Bryon in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Bryon want to borrow something from Charlie in Chapter 3?
4. What kind of books did Bryon read to Mark when they were little?
5. What has Bryon been hunting all over town for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to M&M after he drops acid?
2. Why does M&M run away?
3. Why does Bryon go to Charlie's grave?
4. How does Bryon feel about meeting Cathy's parents?
5. How do Bryon and Mark describe their recent shift in priorities in Chapter 4?
6. What is Bryon's opinion of hippies and their lifestyle?
7. How does Bryon describe M&M's trusting nature?
8. Why is Mark living with Bryon?
9. What does Bryon do in order to support his mother and Mark?
10. What is Bryon's place in the social structure of his high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing Bryon's character. Be sure to address:
1 - What makes Byron different from the heroes of other teen novels.
2 - His motivations.
3 - Where he get his code of ethics from.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay discussing revenge. Be sure to touch upon:
1 - The motivations behind getting revenge.
2 - Some famous stories of revenge.
3 - Whether or not revenge helps to reconcile a situation.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing objectivity. Is it possible for a judge or a newspaper reporter to remain completely impartial while doing their jobs? How do our personal beliefs and opinions affect the way we react in situations where we should remain unbiased?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)