|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Bryon at the age of sixteen?
2. Why is Mike in the hospital in Chapter 2?
3. How much does a Coke cost at the pool hall?
4. How much money does Bryon owe Charlie?
5. What is Curly's brother's gang called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bryon describe the Socs and the Greasers?
2. Why does Bryon throw up after Mark is arrested?
3. What happened between Bryon and the police when he was thirteen?
4. How do Bryon and Mark describe their recent shift in priorities in Chapter 4?
5. What is Bryon's place in the social structure of his high school?
6. What impression does Bryon give of his mother?
7. Is Bryon fully aware of his actions after he finds Mark's stash of pills?
8. How does Mark act when Bryon visits him at the reformatory?
9. Why did Mark get such a harsh sentence?
10. What are some of the things Bryon and Mark used to do when they were kids?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the process of dating in North America. Be sure to address:
1 - How it has evolved over the years.
2 - How it differs from that of other countries.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining the advantages and disadvantages of being a teenager. Be sure to address:
1 - Challenges teens face that adults seem to be unaware of.
2 - The benefits of being young.
3 - How teenagers can make the most of their youth.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing teen culture in the 1960s. Be sure to address:
1 - How was it different from today.
2 - Whether or not teens were more sheltered then than they are now.
3 - How the high school experience has changed.
This section contains 1,597 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)