|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the army take Charlie?
2. Where do Mark and Bryon find M&M in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Mark tell Bryon to find the booze in Chapter 3?
4. What game did Mark and Bryon play when they were kids?
5. What does Charlie tell Bryon and Mark he did when he was 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened between Bryon and the police when he was thirteen?
2. What is Bryon's opinion of hippies and their lifestyle?
3. What routine do Bryon and Mark use when they're hustling pool?
4. How does Bryon manage to enter the bar/pool hall even though he's underage?
5. What impression does Bryon give of his mother?
6. What is Bryon's place in the social structure of his high school?
7. How did Charlie protect Bryon and Mark?
8. How does Cathy change Bryon's attitude towards women?
9. How does Bryon react to Cathy's emotional breakdown?
10. How does Bryon feel connected to Mike, the guy from the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the advantages and disadvantages of being a teenager. Be sure to address:
1 - Challenges teens face that adults seem to be unaware of.
2 - The benefits of being young.
3 - How teenagers can make the most of their youth.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay outlining the different stereotypes of high school students. Is there any truth to stereotypes? Is there any way to obliterate stereotypes?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Bryon's character. Be sure to address:
1 - What makes Byron different from the heroes of other teen novels.
2 - His motivations.
3 - Where he get his code of ethics from.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)