|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mark see a probation officer once a week?
2. What does Charlie tell Bryon and Mark he did when he was 12?
3. Why does everyone stare at Bryon and Cathy when they arrive at the dance?
4. What does Mr. Carlson dislike about M&M?
5. What does the girl buy in Mike's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does M&M get angry at Mark after he helps to rescue him from Curly Shepard?
2. What does Mark think about stealing?
3. Why does Mark offer to fight Bryon in Chapter 8?
4. Why is Mark living with Bryon?
5. How do Bryon and Mark react differently to Charlie's death?
6. Why doesn't Mark understand Bryon?
7. What is Bryon's opinion of hippies and their lifestyle?
8. How does Bryon manage to enter the bar/pool hall even though he's underage?
9. Why does Bryon think Mark is familiar with the 'free love' house?
10. How do Mark and Bryon's reactions to Mike's story differ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay outlining the history of drugs and drug culture. How have laws changed regarding various substances? Why are some substances illegal, and not others? Why is drug culture so closely related to teens?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining your position on Bryon's actions. Was turning Mark in the right thing to do? What would you have done in the same situation? When does legal duty come before friendship and loyalty?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about race relations in North America. How much does misunderstanding between different races lead to violence? How is this violence perpetuated? Is gang membership often based on a common race and identity?
This section contains 1,552 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)