|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cathy say that makes Bryon feel jealous?
2. Which weapon is Curly carrying?
3. What does Bryon offer to buy Cathy on her break in Chapter 5?
4. Why is Mike in the hospital in Chapter 2?
5. What does Charlie tell Bryon and Mark he did when he was 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does Bryon give of his mother?
2. How does Bryon manage to enter the bar/pool hall even though he's underage?
3. What does Mark think about stealing?
4. What is Bryon's first impression of Cathy?
5. What do Mark and Bryon talk about when they get home in Chapter 7?
6. How does Bryon react to Cathy's emotional breakdown?
7. Why does Bryon think Mark is familiar with the 'free love' house?
8. Why doesn't Bryon want to get revenge on the Shepard gang?
9. Why won't Charlie hire Bryon?
10. What is Bryon's place in the social structure of his high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining how cars affected culture in the 20th century. How did they change social gatherings, food consumption and leisure activities?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay discussing gun culture in the United States. Does America have more guns than any other country in the world? Do the media play a role in painting a picture of the U.S. as a place where everyone has a gun?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the process of dating in North America. Be sure to address:
1 - How it has evolved over the years.
2 - How it differs from that of other countries.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)