|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is M&M?
2. Which knight of King Arthur's court does Mike compare himself to?
3. What does the girl buy in Mike's story?
4. What does Bryon notice about Mark when they meet?
5. Who gets shot in the struggle between the Texans and Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a typical night on the Ribbon.
2. What is Angela's home life like?
3. What happened between Bryon and the police when he was thirteen?
4. Why did Mark get such a harsh sentence?
5. Why does M&M get angry at Mark after he helps to rescue him from Curly Shepard?
6. How does Bryon manage to enter the bar/pool hall even though he's underage?
7. How do Bryon and Mark describe their recent shift in priorities in Chapter 4?
8. How does Mark act when Bryon visits him at the reformatory?
9. How does Bryon feel connected to Mike, the guy from the hospital?
10. Why does Mark want to hurt Angela?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Write an essay discussing revenge. Be sure to touch upon: 1 - The motivations behind getting revenge. 2 - Some famous stories of revenge. 3 - Whether or not revenge helps to reconcile a situation.
Essay Topic 2Write an essay describing the 'hippie' movement in the 1960s. How did it affect youth culture? Do hippies still exist today?
Essay Topic 3Write an essay discussing gun culture in the United States. Does America have more guns than any other country in the world? Do the media play a role in painting a picture of the U.S. as a place where everyone has a gun?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)