|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cathy say that makes Bryon feel jealous?
2. Why does Mark go to school?
3. What sport does Bryon think he should have gone out for?
4. Why does Mike look worse when Bryon and Mark visit him in Chapter 5?
5. Whose car is Mark caught driving in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bryon's opinion of hippies and their lifestyle?
2. What do Mark and Bryon talk about when they get home from the hospital?
3. How does Bryon describe the Socs and the Greasers?
4. What is Bryon's impression of the 'free love' house?
5. What do Bryon and Mark think of M&M?
6. How does Bryon feel about Cathy when they're around other guys?
7. What is Cathy's reaction to her father's opinion of M&M?
8. How does Bryon's mother react when he and Mark get into trouble?
9. What does it mean that Charlie got his "draft" notice?
10. What happens to Bryon while he is hung over at work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing Mark's character. What motivates him? Is he a hero or an anti-hero?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay discussing gang culture. Be sure to address:
1 - When gangs first socially documented.
2 - Some rituals that are commonly associated with gangs.
3 - Places where gangs can be found.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing conscription. When has it been enforced in North American history? What has the public's reaction to conscription been? How would the public react if it were enforced again?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)