Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Bryon like?
2. Who is looking for Mark and Bryon in Chapter 1?
3. What is Curly's brother's gang called?
4. What does one of the players Byron is playing against say his name is?
5. Why is Charlie in a bad mood in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bryon think Mark is familiar with the 'free love' house?
2. Is Bryon fully aware of his actions after he finds Mark's stash of pills?
3. How do Mark and Bryon's perspectives on life differ?
4. How do Mark and Bryon's social status change as a result of the trial?
5. How do Mark and Bryon's reactions to Mike's story differ?
6. What does Bryon do in order to support his mother and Mark?
7. What is Bryon's impression of the 'free love' house?
8. What happens to M&M after he drops acid?
9. Why does Mark want to hurt Angela?
10. Why don't Cathy and Mark like each other?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing Bryon's character. Be sure to address:
1 - What makes Byron different from the heroes of other teen novels.
2 - His motivations.
3 - Where he get his code of ethics from.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay outlining the history of drugs and drug culture. How have laws changed regarding various substances? Why are some substances illegal, and not others? Why is drug culture so closely related to teens?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing revenge. Be sure to touch upon:
1 - The motivations behind getting revenge.
2 - Some famous stories of revenge.
3 - Whether or not revenge helps to reconcile a situation.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)