|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy in the hospital room across from Bryon's mother?
(a) Mike Carson.
(b) Steve Carson.
(c) Mike Chambers.
(d) Sam Chambers.
2. Where were the players from that Mark and Bryon hustled from?
(a) New Mexico.
(b) New York.
3. What does Mr. Carlson dislike about M&M?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His peace medal.
(c) His book choices.
(d) His long hair.
4. What does Bryon ask to borrow from Charlie in Chapter 3?
(a) His car.
(b) His tennis racket.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) A book.
5. What do the other students think about Mark after the fight?
(a) He's a hero.
(b) All of the girls love him.
(c) Nobody cares.
(d) He's a villain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Curly's brother's gang called?
2. What does Mark find on the ground after M&M runs away in Chapter 1?
3. What has Bryon been hunting all over town for?
4. What is Mark's explanation for taking someone's car in Chapter 4?
5. What does Charlie tell Bryon and Mark he did when he was 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bryon's mother react when he and Mark get into trouble?
2. How does Bryon manage to enter the bar/pool hall even though he's underage?
3. How does Bryon feel connected to Mike, the guy from the hospital?
4. What is Mark's attitude towards breaking the rules?
5. Why does Mark offer to fight Bryon in Chapter 8?
6. Why does M&M run away?
7. What does Bryon do in order to support his mother and Mark?
8. Why won't Charlie hire Bryon?
9. How does Bryon describe Charlie?
10. What happens to Bryon while he is hung over at work?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)