|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike say in Chapter 5 that depresses Bryon?
(a) "I hate my life."
(b) "I wish I was dead."
(c) "Everything is meaningless."
(d) "There's no point to life.
2. Why does everyone stare at Bryon and Cathy when they arrive at the dance?
(a) Bryon has a stain on his shirt.
(b) Mark shouts Bryon's name.
(c) Everyone wonders who Cathy is.
(d) Curtis wants to fight Bryon.
3. How tall is Bryon at the age of sixteen?
4. What are the rich gang members called?
5. Whose car is Mark caught driving in Chapter 4?
(b) The principal's.
(c) Bryon's mom's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does a Coke cost at the pool hall?
2. What symbol does M&M wear hanging around his neck?
3. What does Mr. Carlson dislike about M&M?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Mark sneak from the bar while Charlie wasn't looking?
5. What does Cathy say that makes Bryon feel jealous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mark offer to fight Bryon in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Bryon go to Charlie's grave?
3. What routine do Bryon and Mark use when they're hustling pool?
4. Why doesn't Bryon love Cathy anymore by Chapter 11?
5. Why does Bryon think Mark is familiar with the 'free love' house?
6. How does Bryon feel about Cathy when they're around other guys?
7. What do Cathy and her father discuss in Chapter 7?
8. Why is Mark living with Bryon?
9. Why doesn't Bryon like Curtis?
10. How do Mark and Bryon's perspectives on life differ?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)