|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bryon have such a hard time at work in Chapter 8?
(a) He is hung over.
(b) He has a confrontation with Angela.
(c) He gets yelled at by his boss.
(d) He's too worried about M&M to focus.
2. What do the hippies call M&M's dealer?
(a) The father of wisdom.
(b) The Mystery Man.
(c) His travel agent.
3. What does Mark do in Chapter 8 that puzzles Bryon?
(a) He tells Bryon he loves him.
(b) He asks Bryon about a book he was reading.
(c) He decides to get a job at the supermarket.
(d) He defends marijuana.
4. What does Cathy do that annoys Mark?
(a) She breathes loudly.
(b) She treats him like a baby.
(c) She tries to analyze him.
(d) She flirts with him.
5. What is the Ribbon?
(a) A stretch of road full of hamburger shops and other teen hangouts.
(b) A deserted park where teens go to make out and smoke.
(c) A new restaurant where most teens hang out.
(d) A clothing store.
6. What does Mark do to one of the guys in the green Corvette?
(a) He breaks the tail light of the car.
(b) He punches him in the nose.
(c) He shouts obscenities at him.
(d) He spills a coke on him.
7. What does the doctor say will happen to M&M?
(a) He says he will die.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) He says he will be traumatized forever.
(d) He says he will recover.
8. How does Bryon try to earn the respect of the people in the house in Chapter 8?
(a) He buys drugs from them.
(b) He plays them a song on a guitar.
(c) He makes a peace symbol with his fingers.
(d) He smokes a joint with them.
9. What slogan is painted on the side of one of the VW buses?
(a) 'Make Love Not War.'
(b) 'Stop the Violence.'
(d) 'War Is Unhealthy for Children and Other Living Things.'
10. What does the Shepard gang do to Bryon?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They shoot him.
(c) They steal a beer.
(d) They stab him.
11. How does Bryon propose going steady with Cathy?
(a) He gives her his letter jacket.
(b) He gets her a ring.
(c) He gives her a bracelet.
(d) He gives her his class pin.
12. What does Cathy do when Bryon drives her home from the hospital?
(a) She breaks up with Bryon.
(b) She decides to run away.
(c) She cries hysterically.
(d) She blames herself for M&M's problems.
13. Who stops at Terry Jones' house in Chapter 8?
(a) Tim and Curly Shepard.
14. What does Bryon say happened to his dad?
(a) He joined the circus.
(b) He left one day and never came back.
(c) He died.
(d) He went to prison.
15. What is M&M high on when Bryon and Cathy arrive in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cathy suggest in Chapter 6 that she and Bryon do?
2. What do the people in the house in Chapter 8 call M&M?
3. Who do Bryon and Mark pick up one night in Chapter 7 on the Ribbon?
4. Where does Bryon assume Mark gets his money?
5. Where does Mark hide his cigarettes?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)