|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Ribbon?
(a) A clothing store.
(b) A new restaurant where most teens hang out.
(c) A deserted park where teens go to make out and smoke.
(d) A stretch of road full of hamburger shops and other teen hangouts.
2. How does Mark justify dealing drugs to Bryon?
(a) He never forced anyone.
(b) He had no other option.
(c) It's a good way to make a lot of money.
(d) He did it to make Bryon proud.
3. What does Bryon tell Mark after being confronted by the Shepard gang?
(a) He wishes he were dead.
(b) He is worried about M&M.
(c) He doesn't want to get revenge.
(d) He feels responsible for Charlie's death.
4. How does Bryon react once the cops have taken Mark away?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He laughs at Mark.
(c) He cries.
(d) He throws up.
5. What does Bryon say happened to his dad?
(a) He died.
(b) He left one day and never came back.
(c) He joined the circus.
(d) He went to prison.
6. Where do Cathy and Bryon find Mark in Chapter 6?
(a) At school.
(b) At the bowling alley.
(c) At the movies.
(d) At Terry Jones' house.
7. Who stops at Terry Jones' house in Chapter 8?
(b) Tim and Curly Shepard.
8. What does Bryon go searching for under Mark's mattress in Chapter 10?
9. What sentence do the Texans receive?
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Community service and a fine.
(d) 20 years with no chance of parole.
10. What slogan is painted on the side of one of the VW buses?
(a) 'Make Love Not War.'
(c) 'Stop the Violence.'
(d) 'War Is Unhealthy for Children and Other Living Things.'
11. What do the hippies call M&M's dealer?
(a) His travel agent.
(c) The Mystery Man.
(d) The father of wisdom.
12. Where does Bryon go to wait for Mark in Chapter 8?
(a) The Ribbon.
(b) The pool hall.
(c) Terry Jones's house.
(d) The bowling alley.
13. Why do the inhabitants of the house have to keep a close eye on M&M?
(a) To stop him from doing more drugs.
(b) To make sure he doesn't burn down the house.
(c) To keep him from jumping out the window.
(d) To stop him from running away.
14. What does the Shepard gang do to Bryon?
(a) They beat him up.
(b) They stab him.
(c) They shoot him.
(d) They steal a beer.
15. What does Mark do to one of the guys in the green Corvette?
(a) He shouts obscenities at him.
(b) He breaks the tail light of the car.
(c) He punches him in the nose.
(d) He spills a coke on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark do when Bryon tells him he called the cops in Chapter 10?
2. What does Mark do to Angela after she passes out in Chapter 7?
3. What is M&M high on when Bryon and Cathy arrive in Chapter 9?
4. What does Mark say in Chapter 7 that surprises Bryon?
5. Why does Bryon say Cathy doesn't like Mark?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)