|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mark say Bryon has changed in Chapter 7?
(a) He got a job.
(b) He doesn't get into trouble anymore.
(c) He cut his hair.
(d) He keeps asking 'why.'
2. What does Bryon promise in Chapter 9 that he and Cathy will do once he's better?
(a) They'll go out for an expensive meal.
(b) They'll go find M&M.
(c) They'll get married.
(d) They'll go to the movies.
3. What slogan is painted on the side of one of the VW buses?
(a) 'Make Love Not War.'
(b) 'Stop the Violence.'
(c) 'War Is Unhealthy for Children and Other Living Things.'
4. Why did Mark's father shoot his mother?
(a) She cheated on him.
(b) He thought she was going to leave him.
(c) He didn't think Mark was his child.
(d) She wouldn't give him her pay check.
5. How does Mark react when Bryon doesn't want revenge against who beat him up?
(a) He feels guilty and cries.
(b) He is angry and wants to fight.
(c) He laughs at Bryon.
(d) He is confused and sullen.
6. What does Bryon realize about Mark after Mark's justification of dealing drugs?
(a) He was using Bryon to get ahead.
(b) He is selfish.
(c) He has no concept of right and wrong.
(d) He doesn't love Bryon.
7. Where do the cops often give out tickets for illegal turns?
(a) In the park.
(b) At the shopping center.
(c) At the drive-in.
(d) On the highway.
8. Where does Bryon assume Mark gets his money?
(a) From playing poker.
(b) From his rich uncle.
(c) From hustling pool.
(d) From mugging people.
9. What does the Shepard gang do to Bryon?
(a) They stab him.
(b) They shoot him.
(c) They beat him up.
(d) They steal a beer.
10. Why does Mark do what he does to Angela after she passes out?
(a) Because he hates her husband.
(b) Because he wants to be a hair stylist.
(c) To get revenge for setting up Mark and Curtis.
(d) Because he thinks she'd look better with short hair.
11. What does Mr. Carlson tell Bryon in Chapter 10?
(a) That he's proud of him.
(b) That he thinks he did the right thing.
(c) That he doesn't want him to see Cathy again.
(d) That he blames him for M&M's problems.
12. What do the hippies call M&M's dealer?
(a) His travel agent.
(b) The father of wisdom.
(d) The Mystery Man.
13. Why is Cathy worried about M&M in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he is flunking gym.
(b) She doesn't like his new girlfriend.
(c) Her father yells at him all the time.
(d) She thinks he is smoking marijuana.
14. What does Cathy suggest in Chapter 6 that she and Bryon do?
(a) Pick up M&M and see a movie.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Pick up Mark and go bowling.
(d) Pick up Mark and M&M and get a coke on the Ribbon.
15. Where does Mark hide his cigarettes?
(a) In a wooden box.
(b) Under the floorboards.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) In a hollow book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cathy and Bryon take M&M in Chapter 9?
2. What does Cathy do that annoys Mark?
3. Who do Bryon and Cathy find while they look for M&M in Chapter 6?
4. How does Mark justify dealing drugs to Bryon?
5. What alcohol does Mark get in Chapter 7?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)