|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor say will happen to M&M?
(a) He says he will recover.
(b) He says he will die.
(c) He says he will be traumatized forever.
(d) He doesn't know.
2. Where does Bryon go by himself once he's healed from getting beaten up?
(a) To the lake.
(b) To the cemetery to find Charlie's grave.
(c) To Charlie's old bar.
(d) To the bowling alley.
3. Why is Cathy worried about M&M in Chapter 6?
(a) She thinks he is smoking marijuana.
(b) Her father yells at him all the time.
(c) Because he is flunking gym.
(d) She doesn't like his new girlfriend.
4. What does a housewife give Bryon at work?
(a) Her phone number.
(b) A ten dollar bill.
(c) A chocolate bar.
(d) A movie ticket.
5. What slogan is painted on the side of one of the VW buses?
(a) 'Stop the Violence.'
(b) 'War Is Unhealthy for Children and Other Living Things.'
(d) 'Make Love Not War.'
6. What does Mark do to Angela after she passes out in Chapter 7?
(a) He pours his drink over her head.
(b) He cuts off her hair.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He draws on her face with a permanent marker.
7. What does Mr. Carlson tell Bryon in Chapter 10?
(a) That he blames him for M&M's problems.
(b) That he's proud of him.
(c) That he doesn't want him to see Cathy again.
(d) That he thinks he did the right thing.
8. What does Bryon say happened to his dad?
(a) He died.
(b) He joined the circus.
(c) He went to prison.
(d) He left one day and never came back.
9. What does Bryon do after he finds something under Mark's bed in Chapter 10?
(a) He calls the cops.
(b) He takes some pills and hides the bottle.
(c) He beats up Mark.
(d) He tells his mother.
10. How does Mark react when Bryon doesn't want revenge against who beat him up?
(a) He is confused and sullen.
(b) He feels guilty and cries.
(c) He is angry and wants to fight.
(d) He laughs at Bryon.
11. Why do the inhabitants of the house have to keep a close eye on M&M?
(a) To keep him from jumping out the window.
(b) To make sure he doesn't burn down the house.
(c) To stop him from running away.
(d) To stop him from doing more drugs.
12. Where does Bryon go to wait for Mark in Chapter 8?
(a) The bowling alley.
(b) The Ribbon.
(c) Terry Jones's house.
(d) The pool hall.
13. Who stops at Terry Jones' house in Chapter 8?
(c) Tim and Curly Shepard.
14. How does rum affect Bryon?
(a) He gets sentimental.
(b) It makes him violent.
(c) It makes him cry.
(d) He starts singing ballads.
15. How does Bryon try to earn the respect of the people in the house in Chapter 8?
(a) He makes a peace symbol with his fingers.
(b) He buys drugs from them.
(c) He plays them a song on a guitar.
(d) He smokes a joint with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark do in Chapter 8 that puzzles Bryon?
2. Where do Cathy and Bryon find M&M in Chapter 6?
3. What do Bryon and Cathy do when they can't find M&M?
4. What does Bryon realize about Mark in Chapter 10?
5. What is Bryon afraid to tell Cathy?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)