|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is M&M high on when Bryon and Cathy arrive in Chapter 9?
2. Where do Cathy and Bryon find M&M in Chapter 6?
(a) At the movies.
(b) At school.
(c) At Terry Jones's house.
(d) At the bowling alley.
3. What does Mark do to Angela after she passes out in Chapter 7?
(a) He draws on her face with a permanent marker.
(b) He cuts off her hair.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He pours his drink over her head.
4. Why is Cathy worried about M&M in Chapter 6?
(a) She thinks he is smoking marijuana.
(b) Her father yells at him all the time.
(c) Because he is flunking gym.
(d) She doesn't like his new girlfriend.
5. What does Bryon say happened to his dad?
(a) He died.
(b) He joined the circus.
(c) He went to prison.
(d) He left one day and never came back.
6. Where does Bryon assume Mark gets his money?
(a) From playing poker.
(b) From his rich uncle.
(c) From hustling pool.
(d) From mugging people.
7. What does Cathy do when Bryon drives her home from the hospital?
(a) She blames herself for M&M's problems.
(b) She cries hysterically.
(c) She decides to run away.
(d) She breaks up with Bryon.
8. What does Bryon think gets easier to say to Cathy?
(a) I'm wrong.
(b) I'm here for you.
(d) I love you.
9. How does rum affect Bryon?
(a) He gets sentimental.
(b) He starts singing ballads.
(c) It makes him violent.
(d) It makes him cry.
10. Why does the Shepard gang want to hurt Bryon?
(a) Because they have been enemies for years.
(b) Mark asked them to.
(c) They were hired by the Texans.
(d) To get revenge for Angela.
11. Who do Bryon and Mark pick up one night in Chapter 7 on the Ribbon?
(d) Terry Jones.
12. Where does Bryon go to wait for Mark in Chapter 8?
(a) Terry Jones's house.
(b) The pool hall.
(c) The Ribbon.
(d) The bowling alley.
13. Why does Mark do what he does to Angela after she passes out?
(a) Because he hates her husband.
(b) Because he thinks she'd look better with short hair.
(c) To get revenge for setting up Mark and Curtis.
(d) Because he wants to be a hair stylist.
14. What does Bryon promise in Chapter 9 that he and Cathy will do once he's better?
(a) They'll get married.
(b) They'll go find M&M.
(c) They'll go out for an expensive meal.
(d) They'll go to the movies.
15. Why do the inhabitants of the house have to keep a close eye on M&M?
(a) To make sure he doesn't burn down the house.
(b) To keep him from jumping out the window.
(c) To stop him from running away.
(d) To stop him from doing more drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryon realize about Mark in Chapter 10?
2. Why are there lots of editorials in the paper about the Ribbon?
3. How does Bryon try to earn the respect of the people in the house in Chapter 8?
4. What do the people in the house in Chapter 8 call M&M?
5. What does Mark do in Chapter 8 that puzzles Bryon?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)