|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Carlson tell Bryon in Chapter 10?
(a) That he blames him for M&M's problems.
(b) That he doesn't want him to see Cathy again.
(c) That he thinks he did the right thing.
(d) That he's proud of him.
2. Why did Mark's father shoot his mother?
(a) She cheated on him.
(b) He thought she was going to leave him.
(c) He didn't think Mark was his child.
(d) She wouldn't give him her pay check.
3. What does Mark do to Angela after she passes out in Chapter 7?
(a) He cuts off her hair.
(b) He pours his drink over her head.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He draws on her face with a permanent marker.
4. How does Cathy feel about Mark's action gain one of the guys in the green Corvette?
(a) She is frightened by it.
(b) She is excited by it.
(c) She is attracted to Mark because of it.
(d) She is not impressed.
5. How does rum affect Bryon?
(a) It makes him violent.
(b) It makes him cry.
(c) He starts singing ballads.
(d) He gets sentimental.
6. Where does Mark ask Bryon to stop in Chapter 7?
(a) At the bowling alley.
(b) At the supermarket.
(c) At a liquor store.
(d) At a fast food place.
7. What does Bryon promise in Chapter 9 that he and Cathy will do once he's better?
(a) They'll get married.
(b) They'll go find M&M.
(c) They'll go out for an expensive meal.
(d) They'll go to the movies.
8. What does Bryon do after he finds something under Mark's bed in Chapter 10?
(a) He takes some pills and hides the bottle.
(b) He tells his mother.
(c) He beats up Mark.
(d) He calls the cops.
9. What do Bryon, Cathy and M&M do after they go to a fast food restaurant in Chapter 6?
(a) They go bowling.
(b) They play pool.
(c) They drive around.
(d) They go to the movies.
10. What does Bryon go searching for under Mark's mattress in Chapter 10?
11. Mark says 'Nothing bad happens to you when you're __________'
(b) Street smart.
(d) A kid.
12. Where do Cathy and Bryon take M&M in Chapter 9?
(a) To a drug rehab clinic.
(b) To his parents' house.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the lake.
13. What is M&M's and Cathy's father's reaction when he finds out M&M is gone?
(a) He cries because he thinks he's failed M&M.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He gets really angry and blames Bryon.
(d) He says M&M is just going through a stage.
14. Who do Bryon and Mark pick up one night in Chapter 7 on the Ribbon?
(d) Terry Jones.
15. Why does Mark take Bryon into an old part of town in Chapter 8?
(a) To help him find M&M.
(b) To introduce him to his new girlfriend.
(c) To show him his new apartment.
(d) To pick up some stolen goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does M&M say when he gets out of the car in Chapter 6?
2. What sentence do the Texans receive?
3. What is M&M high on when Bryon and Cathy arrive in Chapter 9?
4. What does Mark say in Chapter 7 that surprises Bryon?
5. How does Mark justify dealing drugs to Bryon?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)