|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark offer to do for Bryon in Chapter 9, after Bryon was beat up?
(a) To work his shift at the supermarket.
(b) To find M&M.
(c) To call Cathy.
(d) To get even with Angela.
2. What are the people in the house in Chapter 8 doing when Bryon and Mark arrive?
(a) Drinking beer.
(b) Watching T.V.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Smoking grass.
3. Where does Bryon assume Mark gets his money?
(a) From playing poker.
(b) From hustling pool.
(c) From mugging people.
(d) From his rich uncle.
4. What does the Shepard gang do to Bryon?
(a) They stab him.
(b) They steal a beer.
(c) They beat him up.
(d) They shoot him.
5. Which fast food place do Bryon and his friends go to in Chapter 6?
(c) Big Boy.
6. Where do Cathy and Bryon find M&M in Chapter 6?
(a) At Terry Jones's house.
(b) At the movies.
(c) At the bowling alley.
(d) At school.
7. Where do Bryon and Mark take Angela in Chapter 7?
(a) To the lake.
(b) To Bryon's house.
(c) To the Ribbon.
(d) To the school parking lot.
8. What is M&M's and Cathy's father's reaction when he finds out M&M is gone?
(a) He says M&M is just going through a stage.
(b) He cries because he thinks he's failed M&M.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He gets really angry and blames Bryon.
9. What is the Ribbon?
(a) A new restaurant where most teens hang out.
(b) A stretch of road full of hamburger shops and other teen hangouts.
(c) A deserted park where teens go to make out and smoke.
(d) A clothing store.
10. What does Mark do in Chapter 8 that puzzles Bryon?
(a) He asks Bryon about a book he was reading.
(b) He decides to get a job at the supermarket.
(c) He defends marijuana.
(d) He tells Bryon he loves him.
11. What alcohol does Mark get in Chapter 7?
(d) Malt Liquor.
12. Who stops at Terry Jones' house in Chapter 8?
(c) Tim and Curly Shepard.
13. Who is waiting for Bryon in his car when he finishes work in Chapter 8?
(d) His mother.
14. Why does Mark take Bryon into an old part of town in Chapter 8?
(a) To show him his new apartment.
(b) To help him find M&M.
(c) To pick up some stolen goods.
(d) To introduce him to his new girlfriend.
15. Where does Bryon go by himself once he's healed from getting beaten up?
(a) To the lake.
(b) To the cemetery to find Charlie's grave.
(c) To the bowling alley.
(d) To Charlie's old bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryon think gets easier to say to Cathy?
2. Who do Bryon and Mark pick up one night in Chapter 7 on the Ribbon?
3. How does rum affect Bryon?
4. Why are there lots of editorials in the paper about the Ribbon?
5. Mark says 'Nothing bad happens to you when you're __________'
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)