|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark do to Angela after she passes out in Chapter 7?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He draws on her face with a permanent marker.
(c) He pours his drink over her head.
(d) He cuts off her hair.
2. What does the doctor say will happen to M&M?
(a) He says he will die.
(b) He says he will be traumatized forever.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) He says he will recover.
3. What does Bryon say happened to his dad?
(a) He left one day and never came back.
(b) He joined the circus.
(c) He died.
(d) He went to prison.
4. Where does Bryon go to wait for Mark in Chapter 8?
(a) The bowling alley.
(b) The Ribbon.
(c) Terry Jones's house.
(d) The pool hall.
5. What does Cathy suggest in Chapter 6 that she and Bryon do?
(a) Pick up Mark and M&M and get a coke on the Ribbon.
(b) Pick up Mark and go bowling.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Pick up M&M and see a movie.
6. Where does Mark ask Bryon to stop in Chapter 7?
(a) At a liquor store.
(b) At the bowling alley.
(c) At the supermarket.
(d) At a fast food place.
7. What does Mark offer to do for Bryon in Chapter 9, after Bryon was beat up?
(a) To work his shift at the supermarket.
(b) To find M&M.
(c) To call Cathy.
(d) To get even with Angela.
8. What do Bryon, Cathy and M&M do after they go to a fast food restaurant in Chapter 6?
(a) They play pool.
(b) They go bowling.
(c) They drive around.
(d) They go to the movies.
9. What alcohol does Mark get in Chapter 7?
(c) Malt Liquor.
10. What slogan is painted on the side of one of the VW buses?
(a) 'Stop the Violence.'
(b) 'War Is Unhealthy for Children and Other Living Things.'
(d) 'Make Love Not War.'
11. How does Bryon try to earn the respect of the people in the house in Chapter 8?
(a) He plays them a song on a guitar.
(b) He buys drugs from them.
(c) He makes a peace symbol with his fingers.
(d) He smokes a joint with them.
12. What does Bryon go searching for under Mark's mattress in Chapter 10?
13. What does Bryon promise in Chapter 9 that he and Cathy will do once he's better?
(a) They'll go to the movies.
(b) They'll go find M&M.
(c) They'll go out for an expensive meal.
(d) They'll get married.
14. What does Mark say in Chapter 7 that surprises Bryon?
(a) He wants to be a dancer.
(b) He wants to learn how to read.
(c) He is in love with Cathy.
(d) Nothing bad has ever happened to him.
15. What does Mark do in Chapter 8 that puzzles Bryon?
(a) He decides to get a job at the supermarket.
(b) He tells Bryon he loves him.
(c) He asks Bryon about a book he was reading.
(d) He defends marijuana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there lots of editorials in the paper about the Ribbon?
2. What does Bryon find under Mark's mattress in Chapter 10?
3. Why does the Shepard gang want to hurt Bryon?
4. What is Bryon afraid to tell Cathy?
5. What does Bryon say to Cathy when she comes to visit him in Chapter 9?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)