|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there lots of editorials in the paper about the Ribbon?
(a) Students often compete in drag races.
(b) Teens have died there before.
(c) Lots of drug pushers sell drugs there.
(d) The police aren't patrolling it enough.
2. Why won't Angela get revenge for what Mark did to her after she passed out?
(a) She likes her new hair cut.
(b) She loves Bryon.
(c) She's afraid of Mark.
(d) She's too proud.
3. What is the Ribbon?
(a) A deserted park where teens go to make out and smoke.
(b) A clothing store.
(c) A stretch of road full of hamburger shops and other teen hangouts.
(d) A new restaurant where most teens hang out.
4. Where do Cathy and Bryon find Mark in Chapter 6?
(a) At the movies.
(b) At school.
(c) At Terry Jones' house.
(d) At the bowling alley.
5. What does Bryon realize about Mark in Chapter 10?
(a) That Mark is responsible for M&M's problems.
(b) That he's selling drugs.
(c) That he's a drug user.
(d) That he hates him.
6. Who do Bryon and Mark pick up one night in Chapter 7 on the Ribbon?
(d) Terry Jones.
7. What is M&M high on when Bryon and Cathy arrive in Chapter 9?
8. Why does Mark take Bryon into an old part of town in Chapter 8?
(a) To introduce him to his new girlfriend.
(b) To pick up some stolen goods.
(c) To show him his new apartment.
(d) To help him find M&M.
9. What does Mr. Carlson tell Bryon in Chapter 10?
(a) That he doesn't want him to see Cathy again.
(b) That he blames him for M&M's problems.
(c) That he thinks he did the right thing.
(d) That he's proud of him.
10. How does Cathy feel about Mark's action gain one of the guys in the green Corvette?
(a) She is excited by it.
(b) She is attracted to Mark because of it.
(c) She is not impressed.
(d) She is frightened by it.
11. Why does Bryon have such a hard time at work in Chapter 8?
(a) He gets yelled at by his boss.
(b) He is hung over.
(c) He's too worried about M&M to focus.
(d) He has a confrontation with Angela.
12. What do Bryon and Cathy do when they can't find M&M?
(a) They make missing person posters.
(b) They tell his parents that he's gone.
(c) They go to the police.
(d) They pretend they don't know anything.
13. Which fast food place do Bryon and his friends go to in Chapter 6?
(a) Big Boy.
14. What does Bryon go searching for under Mark's mattress in Chapter 10?
15. What does Mark do to one of the guys in the green Corvette?
(a) He punches him in the nose.
(b) He breaks the tail light of the car.
(c) He shouts obscenities at him.
(d) He spills a coke on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one girl describe the inhabitants of the house in Chapter 8?
2. Why did Angela get married?
3. What does Bryon think gets easier to say to Cathy?
4. Where does Bryon assume Mark gets his money?
5. Where does Mark hide his cigarettes?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)