|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cathy and Bryon find Mark in Chapter 6?
(a) At the movies.
(b) At Terry Jones' house.
(c) At the bowling alley.
(d) At school.
2. Where does Bryon go to wait for Mark in Chapter 8?
(a) The Ribbon.
(b) The pool hall.
(c) Terry Jones's house.
(d) The bowling alley.
3. What does Bryon promise in Chapter 9 that he and Cathy will do once he's better?
(a) They'll go to the movies.
(b) They'll get married.
(c) They'll go out for an expensive meal.
(d) They'll go find M&M.
4. How does Bryon propose going steady with Cathy?
(a) He gives her his letter jacket.
(b) He gives her a bracelet.
(c) He gets her a ring.
(d) He gives her his class pin.
5. What does Mr. Carlson tell Bryon in Chapter 10?
(a) That he's proud of him.
(b) That he thinks he did the right thing.
(c) That he blames him for M&M's problems.
(d) That he doesn't want him to see Cathy again.
6. Why did Angela get married?
(a) She married for money.
(b) She thought she was pregnant.
(c) She wanted revenge on Bryon.
(d) She likes planning weddings.
7. Why does Mark take Bryon into an old part of town in Chapter 8?
(a) To pick up some stolen goods.
(b) To show him his new apartment.
(c) To help him find M&M.
(d) To introduce him to his new girlfriend.
8. Where does Mark ask Bryon to stop in Chapter 7?
(a) At the supermarket.
(b) At a fast food place.
(c) At the bowling alley.
(d) At a liquor store.
9. What does Mark do in Chapter 8 that puzzles Bryon?
(a) He asks Bryon about a book he was reading.
(b) He decides to get a job at the supermarket.
(c) He defends marijuana.
(d) He tells Bryon he loves him.
10. What does Bryon realize about Mark after Mark's justification of dealing drugs?
(a) He has no concept of right and wrong.
(b) He was using Bryon to get ahead.
(c) He is selfish.
(d) He doesn't love Bryon.
11. What does Bryon think gets easier to say to Cathy?
(b) I love you.
(c) I'm here for you.
(d) I'm wrong.
12. Why does Bryon say Cathy doesn't like Mark?
(a) Because he's a bad influence.
(b) Because they used to date.
(c) Because she thinks she's better than him.
(d) Because she knows he steals.
13. What do the people in the house in Chapter 8 call M&M?
(c) Baby Freak.
(d) Little hippie.
14. Why are there lots of editorials in the paper about the Ribbon?
(a) Students often compete in drag races.
(b) Teens have died there before.
(c) The police aren't patrolling it enough.
(d) Lots of drug pushers sell drugs there.
15. Where does Bryon go by himself once he's healed from getting beaten up?
(a) To the cemetery to find Charlie's grave.
(b) To the lake.
(c) To Charlie's old bar.
(d) To the bowling alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the hippies call M&M's dealer?
2. Where does Bryon get a job in Chapter 7?
3. What does Bryon realize about Mark in Chapter 10?
4. How does Cathy feel about Mark's action gain one of the guys in the green Corvette?
5. Why does Bryon have such a hard time at work in Chapter 8?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)