|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mark take Bryon into an old part of town in Chapter 8?
(a) To pick up some stolen goods.
(b) To help him find M&M.
(c) To show him his new apartment.
(d) To introduce him to his new girlfriend.
2. Where does Mark ask Bryon to stop in Chapter 7?
(a) At a fast food place.
(b) At a liquor store.
(c) At the bowling alley.
(d) At the supermarket.
3. Why does Bryon say Cathy doesn't like Mark?
(a) Because he's a bad influence.
(b) Because they used to date.
(c) Because she thinks she's better than him.
(d) Because she knows he steals.
4. Why do the inhabitants of the house have to keep a close eye on M&M?
(a) To stop him from doing more drugs.
(b) To stop him from running away.
(c) To make sure he doesn't burn down the house.
(d) To keep him from jumping out the window.
5. Why did Mark's father shoot his mother?
(a) He thought she was going to leave him.
(b) She cheated on him.
(c) He didn't think Mark was his child.
(d) She wouldn't give him her pay check.
6. What does Bryon realize about Mark after Mark's justification of dealing drugs?
(a) He was using Bryon to get ahead.
(b) He has no concept of right and wrong.
(c) He is selfish.
(d) He doesn't love Bryon.
7. What does Mark do in Chapter 8 that puzzles Bryon?
(a) He defends marijuana.
(b) He tells Bryon he loves him.
(c) He asks Bryon about a book he was reading.
(d) He decides to get a job at the supermarket.
8. What does Cathy do that annoys Mark?
(a) She breathes loudly.
(b) She tries to analyze him.
(c) She treats him like a baby.
(d) She flirts with him.
9. Who do Bryon and Mark pick up one night in Chapter 7 on the Ribbon?
(c) Terry Jones.
10. How does one girl describe the inhabitants of the house in Chapter 8?
(a) They're crazy.
(b) They're free.
(c) They're loving.
(d) They're tolerant.
11. What slogan is painted on the side of one of the VW buses?
(a) 'Stop the Violence.'
(b) 'Make Love Not War.'
(d) 'War Is Unhealthy for Children and Other Living Things.'
12. What do the people in the house in Chapter 8 call M&M?
(a) Little hippie.
(d) Baby Freak.
13. Where do Cathy and Bryon find M&M in Chapter 6?
(a) At Terry Jones's house.
(b) At school.
(c) At the movies.
(d) At the bowling alley.
14. What does Mark do to Angela after she passes out in Chapter 7?
(a) He pours his drink over her head.
(b) He cuts off her hair.
(c) He draws on her face with a permanent marker.
(d) He kisses her.
15. What is the Ribbon?
(a) A stretch of road full of hamburger shops and other teen hangouts.
(b) A clothing store.
(c) A deserted park where teens go to make out and smoke.
(d) A new restaurant where most teens hang out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor say will happen to M&M?
2. What does Bryon say to Cathy when she comes to visit him in Chapter 9?
3. What does Mark do when Bryon tells him he called the cops in Chapter 10?
4. Who do Bryon and Cathy find while they look for M&M in Chapter 6?
5. How does Bryon try to earn the respect of the people in the house in Chapter 8?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)