|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bryon afraid to tell Cathy?
(a) That he smoked marijuana.
(b) That he can't read.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he doesn't have a job.
2. Why does Bryon change his appearance?
(a) To impress Cathy.
(b) Because Mark dares him.
(c) In order to get a job.
(d) To make his mom proud.
3. What does Cathy suggest in Chapter 6 that she and Bryon do?
(a) Pick up Mark and M&M and get a coke on the Ribbon.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Pick up Mark and go bowling.
(d) Pick up M&M and see a movie.
4. Where does Bryon assume Mark gets his money?
(a) From playing poker.
(b) From his rich uncle.
(c) From mugging people.
(d) From hustling pool.
5. Where do Cathy and Bryon find M&M in Chapter 6?
(a) At Terry Jones's house.
(b) At the movies.
(c) At the bowling alley.
(d) At school.
6. Why does Mark take Bryon into an old part of town in Chapter 8?
(a) To help him find M&M.
(b) To pick up some stolen goods.
(c) To introduce him to his new girlfriend.
(d) To show him his new apartment.
7. What does the Shepard gang do to Bryon?
(a) They shoot him.
(b) They stab him.
(c) They steal a beer.
(d) They beat him up.
8. What slogan is painted on the side of one of the VW buses?
(a) 'War Is Unhealthy for Children and Other Living Things.'
(b) 'Stop the Violence.'
(c) 'Make Love Not War.'
9. How does one girl describe the inhabitants of the house in Chapter 8?
(a) They're crazy.
(b) They're free.
(c) They're tolerant.
(d) They're loving.
10. Which fast food place do Bryon and his friends go to in Chapter 6?
(c) Big Boy.
11. What does Cathy do that annoys Mark?
(a) She breathes loudly.
(b) She treats him like a baby.
(c) She flirts with him.
(d) She tries to analyze him.
12. What does Mark do to Angela after she passes out in Chapter 7?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He draws on her face with a permanent marker.
(c) He cuts off her hair.
(d) He pours his drink over her head.
13. How does Mark respond to Bryon's statement in Chapter 8 about why Cathy Doesn't like Mike?
(a) He gets angry and calls Cathy names.
(b) He stops talking to Bryon.
(c) He offers to fight him.
(d) He cries.
14. What does the doctor say will happen to M&M?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He says he will die.
(c) He says he will be traumatized forever.
(d) He says he will recover.
15. What is M&M's and Cathy's father's reaction when he finds out M&M is gone?
(a) He says M&M is just going through a stage.
(b) He cries because he thinks he's failed M&M.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He gets really angry and blames Bryon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryon say happened to his dad?
2. What do the hippies call M&M's dealer?
3. How does Bryon react once the cops have taken Mark away?
4. What does Mr. Carlson tell Bryon in Chapter 10?
5. How does rum affect Bryon?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)