|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cathy and Bryon take M&M in Chapter 9?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To his parents' house.
(c) To the lake.
(d) To a drug rehab clinic.
2. How does rum affect Bryon?
(a) He starts singing ballads.
(b) He gets sentimental.
(c) It makes him violent.
(d) It makes him cry.
3. What slogan is painted on the side of one of the VW buses?
(a) 'Stop the Violence.'
(b) 'War Is Unhealthy for Children and Other Living Things.'
(d) 'Make Love Not War.'
4. Where do Cathy and Bryon find M&M in Chapter 6?
(a) At the movies.
(b) At the bowling alley.
(c) At Terry Jones's house.
(d) At school.
5. What does Bryon say to Cathy when she comes to visit him in Chapter 9?
(a) He feels responsible for M&M leaving.
(b) He thinks they should break up.
(c) He wants her to leave him alone.
(d) He loves her.
6. What does Bryon say happened to his dad?
(a) He left one day and never came back.
(b) He died.
(c) He joined the circus.
(d) He went to prison.
7. Where does Mark hide his cigarettes?
(a) In a hollow book.
(b) In a wooden box.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) Under the floorboards.
8. Where do Bryon and Mark take Angela in Chapter 7?
(a) To the Ribbon.
(b) To Bryon's house.
(c) To the lake.
(d) To the school parking lot.
9. What does the Shepard gang do to Bryon?
(a) They steal a beer.
(b) They beat him up.
(c) They shoot him.
(d) They stab him.
10. What does Cathy do when Bryon drives her home from the hospital?
(a) She cries hysterically.
(b) She decides to run away.
(c) She blames herself for M&M's problems.
(d) She breaks up with Bryon.
11. What does Mark do to one of the guys in the green Corvette?
(a) He spills a coke on him.
(b) He breaks the tail light of the car.
(c) He shouts obscenities at him.
(d) He punches him in the nose.
12. Why is Cathy worried about M&M in Chapter 6?
(a) Her father yells at him all the time.
(b) Because he is flunking gym.
(c) She doesn't like his new girlfriend.
(d) She thinks he is smoking marijuana.
13. Where does Bryon assume Mark gets his money?
(a) From playing poker.
(b) From mugging people.
(c) From hustling pool.
(d) From his rich uncle.
14. What is Bryon afraid to tell Cathy?
(a) That he doesn't have a job.
(b) That he can't read.
(c) That he smoked marijuana.
(d) That he loves her.
15. How does Mark respond to Bryon's statement in Chapter 8 about why Cathy Doesn't like Mike?
(a) He gets angry and calls Cathy names.
(b) He stops talking to Bryon.
(c) He cries.
(d) He offers to fight him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one girl describe the inhabitants of the house in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Bryon say Cathy doesn't like Mark?
3. Where does Mark ask Bryon to stop in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 8, what does the sign on the porch of the house in the old part of town say?
5. What is the Ribbon?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)