|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bryon promise in Chapter 9 that he and Cathy will do once he's better?
(a) They'll go out for an expensive meal.
(b) They'll get married.
(c) They'll go to the movies.
(d) They'll go find M&M.
2. What do the hippies call M&M's dealer?
(b) His travel agent.
(c) The father of wisdom.
(d) The Mystery Man.
3. How does Bryon react once the cops have taken Mark away?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He cries.
(c) He laughs at Mark.
(d) He throws up.
4. Why did Angela get married?
(a) She wanted revenge on Bryon.
(b) She likes planning weddings.
(c) She thought she was pregnant.
(d) She married for money.
5. What sentence do the Texans receive?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Community service and a fine.
(d) 20 years with no chance of parole.
6. Who do Bryon and Cathy find while they look for M&M in Chapter 6?
(a) Terry Jones.
7. What does Mark do to Angela after she passes out in Chapter 7?
(a) He draws on her face with a permanent marker.
(b) He cuts off her hair.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He pours his drink over her head.
8. Why does Bryon say Cathy doesn't like Mark?
(a) Because they used to date.
(b) Because she thinks she's better than him.
(c) Because she knows he steals.
(d) Because he's a bad influence.
9. What does Cathy do that annoys Mark?
(a) She flirts with him.
(b) She tries to analyze him.
(c) She breathes loudly.
(d) She treats him like a baby.
10. In Chapter 8, what does the sign on the porch of the house in the old part of town say?
11. What does Bryon find under Mark's mattress in Chapter 10?
(a) A gun.
(b) A diary.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A bottle full of pills.
12. Where do Cathy and Bryon find Mark in Chapter 6?
(a) At school.
(b) At the bowling alley.
(c) At Terry Jones' house.
(d) At the movies.
13. How does rum affect Bryon?
(a) It makes him cry.
(b) He starts singing ballads.
(c) He gets sentimental.
(d) It makes him violent.
14. What does the doctor say will happen to M&M?
(a) He says he will die.
(b) He says he will be traumatized forever.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) He says he will recover.
15. What does a housewife give Bryon at work?
(a) Her phone number.
(b) A chocolate bar.
(c) A ten dollar bill.
(d) A movie ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryon realize about Mark in Chapter 10?
2. Where do Bryon and Mark take Angela in Chapter 7?
3. Why did Mark's father shoot his mother?
4. Why do the inhabitants of the house have to keep a close eye on M&M?
5. Where does Bryon assume Mark gets his money?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)