|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark do when Bryon tells him he called the cops in Chapter 10?
(a) He sits and waits for them.
(b) He tells Bryon he hates him.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He starts punching Bryon.
2. How does one girl describe the inhabitants of the house in Chapter 8?
(a) They're loving.
(b) They're crazy.
(c) They're tolerant.
(d) They're free.
3. Why is Cathy worried about M&M in Chapter 6?
(a) She thinks he is smoking marijuana.
(b) Because he is flunking gym.
(c) Her father yells at him all the time.
(d) She doesn't like his new girlfriend.
4. What does Bryon find under Mark's mattress in Chapter 10?
(a) A gun.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A bottle full of pills.
(d) A diary.
5. Who do Bryon and Mark pick up one night in Chapter 7 on the Ribbon?
(c) Terry Jones.
6. Why does Mark do what he does to Angela after she passes out?
(a) Because he hates her husband.
(b) Because he thinks she'd look better with short hair.
(c) To get revenge for setting up Mark and Curtis.
(d) Because he wants to be a hair stylist.
7. What is M&M's and Cathy's father's reaction when he finds out M&M is gone?
(a) He cries because he thinks he's failed M&M.
(b) He gets really angry and blames Bryon.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He says M&M is just going through a stage.
8. What does Mr. Carlson tell Bryon in Chapter 10?
(a) That he thinks he did the right thing.
(b) That he's proud of him.
(c) That he blames him for M&M's problems.
(d) That he doesn't want him to see Cathy again.
9. How does Mark say Bryon has changed in Chapter 7?
(a) He doesn't get into trouble anymore.
(b) He keeps asking 'why.'
(c) He got a job.
(d) He cut his hair.
10. What does the doctor say will happen to M&M?
(a) He says he will die.
(b) He says he will be traumatized forever.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) He says he will recover.
11. What do Bryon, Cathy and M&M do after they go to a fast food restaurant in Chapter 6?
(a) They go bowling.
(b) They drive around.
(c) They go to the movies.
(d) They play pool.
12. What slogan is painted on the side of one of the VW buses?
(a) 'War Is Unhealthy for Children and Other Living Things.'
(b) 'Make Love Not War.'
(c) 'Stop the Violence.'
13. What does Mark do to Angela after she passes out in Chapter 7?
(a) He cuts off her hair.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He pours his drink over her head.
(d) He draws on her face with a permanent marker.
14. Who do Bryon and Cathy find while they look for M&M in Chapter 6?
(d) Terry Jones.
15. How does Cathy feel about Mark's action gain one of the guys in the green Corvette?
(a) She is frightened by it.
(b) She is attracted to Mark because of it.
(c) She is excited by it.
(d) She is not impressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mark hide his cigarettes?
2. How does Bryon propose going steady with Cathy?
3. Why does Bryon have such a hard time at work in Chapter 8?
4. Who stops at Terry Jones' house in Chapter 8?
5. Mark says 'Nothing bad happens to you when you're __________'
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)