|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark offer to do for Bryon in Chapter 9, after Bryon was beat up?
(a) To work his shift at the supermarket.
(b) To call Cathy.
(c) To find M&M.
(d) To get even with Angela.
2. What slogan is painted on the side of one of the VW buses?
(a) 'Make Love Not War.'
(b) 'War Is Unhealthy for Children and Other Living Things.'
(d) 'Stop the Violence.'
3. What does Bryon promise in Chapter 9 that he and Cathy will do once he's better?
(a) They'll go to the movies.
(b) They'll go out for an expensive meal.
(c) They'll go find M&M.
(d) They'll get married.
4. Where does Bryon assume Mark gets his money?
(a) From mugging people.
(b) From hustling pool.
(c) From his rich uncle.
(d) From playing poker.
5. What is the Ribbon?
(a) A clothing store.
(b) A deserted park where teens go to make out and smoke.
(c) A new restaurant where most teens hang out.
(d) A stretch of road full of hamburger shops and other teen hangouts.
6. What alcohol does Mark get in Chapter 7?
(c) Malt Liquor.
7. Where do Bryon and Mark take Angela in Chapter 7?
(a) To the school parking lot.
(b) To Bryon's house.
(c) To the lake.
(d) To the Ribbon.
8. What does Cathy do that annoys Mark?
(a) She treats him like a baby.
(b) She breathes loudly.
(c) She flirts with him.
(d) She tries to analyze him.
9. Mark says 'Nothing bad happens to you when you're __________'
(a) Street smart.
(b) A kid.
10. Why does Mark take Bryon into an old part of town in Chapter 8?
(a) To introduce him to his new girlfriend.
(b) To help him find M&M.
(c) To show him his new apartment.
(d) To pick up some stolen goods.
11. How does one girl describe the inhabitants of the house in Chapter 8?
(a) They're crazy.
(b) They're tolerant.
(c) They're loving.
(d) They're free.
12. What is Bryon afraid to tell Cathy?
(a) That he doesn't have a job.
(b) That he smoked marijuana.
(c) That he can't read.
(d) That he loves her.
13. Why won't Angela get revenge for what Mark did to her after she passed out?
(a) She likes her new hair cut.
(b) She's afraid of Mark.
(c) She loves Bryon.
(d) She's too proud.
14. How does Mark react when Bryon doesn't want revenge against who beat him up?
(a) He is angry and wants to fight.
(b) He feels guilty and cries.
(c) He laughs at Bryon.
(d) He is confused and sullen.
15. What do the people in the house in Chapter 8 call M&M?
(a) Little hippie.
(c) Baby Freak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bryon have such a hard time at work in Chapter 8?
2. What do the hippies call M&M's dealer?
3. Who is waiting for Bryon in his car when he finishes work in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Bryon go to wait for Mark in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Bryon change his appearance?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)