|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bryon say Cathy doesn't like Mark?
(a) Because they used to date.
(b) Because he's a bad influence.
(c) Because she knows he steals.
(d) Because she thinks she's better than him.
2. Where does Bryon go to wait for Mark in Chapter 8?
(a) The Ribbon.
(b) The bowling alley.
(c) Terry Jones's house.
(d) The pool hall.
3. Why do the inhabitants of the house have to keep a close eye on M&M?
(a) To keep him from jumping out the window.
(b) To stop him from running away.
(c) To make sure he doesn't burn down the house.
(d) To stop him from doing more drugs.
4. Why does Mark take Bryon into an old part of town in Chapter 8?
(a) To introduce him to his new girlfriend.
(b) To pick up some stolen goods.
(c) To help him find M&M.
(d) To show him his new apartment.
5. Which fast food place do Bryon and his friends go to in Chapter 6?
(a) Big Boy.
6. Where do Cathy and Bryon take M&M in Chapter 9?
(a) To the lake.
(b) To a drug rehab clinic.
(c) To his parents' house.
(d) To the hospital.
7. Where do Bryon and Mark take Angela in Chapter 7?
(a) To the Ribbon.
(b) To the lake.
(c) To the school parking lot.
(d) To Bryon's house.
8. What does Bryon promise in Chapter 9 that he and Cathy will do once he's better?
(a) They'll go out for an expensive meal.
(b) They'll go to the movies.
(c) They'll go find M&M.
(d) They'll get married.
9. Where does Bryon assume Mark gets his money?
(a) From playing poker.
(b) From mugging people.
(c) From his rich uncle.
(d) From hustling pool.
10. What does Bryon think gets easier to say to Cathy?
(a) I love you.
(b) I'm wrong.
(d) I'm here for you.
11. Where does Mark hide his cigarettes?
(a) In a hollow book.
(b) In a wooden box.
(c) Under the floorboards.
(d) Under his mattress.
12. What is M&M's and Cathy's father's reaction when he finds out M&M is gone?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He cries because he thinks he's failed M&M.
(c) He gets really angry and blames Bryon.
(d) He says M&M is just going through a stage.
13. What does Mark do to one of the guys in the green Corvette?
(a) He shouts obscenities at him.
(b) He punches him in the nose.
(c) He spills a coke on him.
(d) He breaks the tail light of the car.
14. What does Bryon realize about Mark after Mark's justification of dealing drugs?
(a) He is selfish.
(b) He has no concept of right and wrong.
(c) He was using Bryon to get ahead.
(d) He doesn't love Bryon.
15. What does Cathy do when Bryon drives her home from the hospital?
(a) She decides to run away.
(b) She cries hysterically.
(c) She breaks up with Bryon.
(d) She blames herself for M&M's problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryon go searching for under Mark's mattress in Chapter 10?
2. What does the doctor say will happen to M&M?
3. How does one girl describe the inhabitants of the house in Chapter 8?
4. How does Bryon try to earn the respect of the people in the house in Chapter 8?
5. What do the people in the house in Chapter 8 call M&M?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)