|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark say in Chapter 7 that surprises Bryon?
(a) Nothing bad has ever happened to him.
(b) He wants to be a dancer.
(c) He is in love with Cathy.
(d) He wants to learn how to read.
2. What does Mark do when Bryon tells him he called the cops in Chapter 10?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He tells Bryon he hates him.
(c) He sits and waits for them.
(d) He starts punching Bryon.
3. What do the people in the house in Chapter 8 call M&M?
(b) Little hippie.
(c) Baby Freak.
4. Where does Bryon go by himself once he's healed from getting beaten up?
(a) To the cemetery to find Charlie's grave.
(b) To the bowling alley.
(c) To the lake.
(d) To Charlie's old bar.
5. Where does Mark hide his cigarettes?
(a) In a wooden box.
(b) In a hollow book.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) Under the floorboards.
6. Mark says 'Nothing bad happens to you when you're __________'
(a) A kid.
(c) Street smart.
7. How does Bryon try to earn the respect of the people in the house in Chapter 8?
(a) He plays them a song on a guitar.
(b) He makes a peace symbol with his fingers.
(c) He smokes a joint with them.
(d) He buys drugs from them.
8. What does Bryon think gets easier to say to Cathy?
(b) I love you.
(c) I'm here for you.
(d) I'm wrong.
9. In Chapter 8, what does the sign on the porch of the house in the old part of town say?
10. What do the hippies call M&M's dealer?
(a) His travel agent.
(b) The father of wisdom.
(c) The Mystery Man.
11. How does rum affect Bryon?
(a) He gets sentimental.
(b) It makes him violent.
(c) It makes him cry.
(d) He starts singing ballads.
12. What does Mr. Carlson tell Bryon in Chapter 10?
(a) That he's proud of him.
(b) That he blames him for M&M's problems.
(c) That he thinks he did the right thing.
(d) That he doesn't want him to see Cathy again.
13. What does M&M say when he gets out of the car in Chapter 6?
(a) That he is angry with Mark.
(b) That he wants a hot dog.
(c) That he's never going home.
(d) That he wants to buy more M&Ms.
14. What is M&M's and Cathy's father's reaction when he finds out M&M is gone?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He says M&M is just going through a stage.
(c) He cries because he thinks he's failed M&M.
(d) He gets really angry and blames Bryon.
15. Why does Bryon change his appearance?
(a) To make his mom proud.
(b) Because Mark dares him.
(c) To impress Cathy.
(d) In order to get a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bryon and Cathy do when they can't find M&M?
2. How does Mark justify dealing drugs to Bryon?
3. What does Mark do to Angela after she passes out in Chapter 7?
4. How does Bryon propose going steady with Cathy?
5. What slogan is painted on the side of one of the VW buses?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)