|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Mark's friends does Bryon dislike?
2. What would Mark and Bryon shoot from the roof of the shopping center?
(a) Water pistols.
(b) Potato guns.
(c) Elastic bands.
(d) Bows and arrows.
3. What does Mark take from the boy he jumps in Chapter 1?
(b) A switchblade.
(c) His homework.
(d) Baseball cards.
4. Why is Charlie in a bad mood in Chapter 4?
(a) He got his draft notice.
(b) He crashed his car.
(c) A customer punched him.
(d) His girlfriend broke up with him.
5. What does Bryon do every day that Mark teases him about?
(a) He reads books.
(b) He shaves.
(c) He calls his mom.
(d) He does the dishes.
6. Who is working at the hospital snack bar?
(a) Bryon's cousin.
(b) Bryon's ex-girlfriend.
(c) M&M's sister.
(d) Mark's girlfriend.
7. What game did Mark and Bryon play when they were kids?
(b) Cowboys and Indians.
(c) Cops and Robbers.
(d) Civil War.
8. What symbol does M&M wear hanging around his neck?
(a) An 'A' with a circle through it.
(b) A cloverleaf.
(c) A peace symbol.
(d) A swastika.
9. What does Mark confide to Bryon in Chapter 3?
(a) That he thinks of Bryon as a brother.
(b) That he is in love with Cathy.
(c) That he can't read.
(d) That he feels guilty about stealing.
10. What does Mr. Carlson dislike about M&M?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His peace medal.
(c) His book choices.
(d) His long hair.
11. What does Mark throw on Mike's bed in Chapter 2?
(a) A magazine.
12. Where is Mike's older brother?
(a) At college.
(b) In Europe.
(c) In jail.
(d) At boot camp.
13. What were Bryon and Mark caught sneaking in to?
(a) The Drive-in movies.
(b) The pool hall.
(c) The bowling alley.
(d) Charlie's bar.
14. How tall is Bryon at the age of sixteen?
15. What weapon does Charlie have in Chapter 5?
(a) A switchblade.
(b) Brass knuckles.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A sawed-off shotgun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryon ask to borrow from Charlie in Chapter 5?
2. How many students are the in senior class?
3. What is the principal's reaction to Mark's explanation?
4. Whose car is Mark caught driving in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 4, Bryon describes Mark as this kind of lion.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)