|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark ask Bryon to do in Chapter 4?
(a) Find him a girlfriend.
(b) Put on a record.
(c) Take him to the movies.
(d) Read him a book.
2. What does Mark take from the boy he jumps in Chapter 1?
(a) A switchblade.
(c) Baseball cards.
(d) His homework.
3. Where does Bryon ask for a job?
(a) At the movie house.
(b) At the drugstore.
(c) At the bowling alley.
(d) At Charlie's bar.
4. What does Mark find on the ground after M&M runs away in Chapter 1?
(a) Car keys.
(b) Newsweek magazine.
(c) Curly's wallet.
(d) His peace medal.
5. How tall is Bryon at the age of sixteen?
6. In Chapter 2, what does the girl tell the guys in her neighborhood to do to Mike?
(a) Give him a beer.
(b) Thank him.
(c) Give him directions.
(d) Kill him.
7. What does one of the players Byron is playing against say his name is?
(a) Dirty Dave.
(b) Rude Robert.
(c) Dangerous Dan.
(d) Shady Sal.
8. Whose car is Mark caught driving in Chapter 4?
(b) Bryon's mom's.
(d) The principal's.
9. Why is Charlie in a bad mood in Chapter 4?
(a) His girlfriend broke up with him.
(b) He crashed his car.
(c) A customer punched him.
(d) He got his draft notice.
10. Why does Mike look worse when Bryon and Mark visit him in Chapter 5?
(a) His father yelled at him.
(b) He had extensive surgery.
(c) His girlfriend broke up with him.
(d) He got an infection.
11. What does Bryon do every day that Mark teases him about?
(a) He calls his mom.
(b) He shaves.
(c) He does the dishes.
(d) He reads books.
12. What does Bryon ask to borrow from Charlie in Chapter 5?
(a) His tennis racket.
(b) His golf clubs.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His car.
13. What does Mark confide to Bryon in Chapter 3?
(a) That he thinks of Bryon as a brother.
(b) That he can't read.
(c) That he feels guilty about stealing.
(d) That he is in love with Cathy.
14. Where do Mark, Bryon and M&M go after the drugstore in Chapter 1?
(a) The bowling alley.
(b) The second-hand clothing store.
(c) The pool hall.
(d) The movie house.
15. What is the principal's reaction to Mark's explanation?
(a) He expels Mark from school.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He puts Mark in detention.
(d) He gets angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mark get injured in Chapter 3?
2. What does Mr. Carlson dislike about M&M?
3. Why does Bryon want to borrow something from Charlie in Chapter 3?
4. How much money does Bryon owe Charlie?
5. Why does everyone stare at Bryon and Cathy when they arrive at the dance?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)