|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Charlie in a bad mood in Chapter 4?
(a) He crashed his car.
(b) His girlfriend broke up with him.
(c) A customer punched him.
(d) He got his draft notice.
2. How does Bryon feel when he returns to school on Monday in Chapter 4?
(a) Like the hero's best friend.
(b) Like a detached observer.
(c) Jealous of Mark.
(d) Hopeful that Angela will date him again.
3. Where were the players from that Mark and Bryon hustled from?
(b) New York.
(c) New Mexico.
4. What does Mike say in Chapter 5 that depresses Bryon?
(a) "There's no point to life.
(b) "I hate my life."
(c) "Everything is meaningless."
(d) "I wish I was dead."
5. What is the girl's name who Mike offers a ride home to?
6. What are the rich gang members called?
7. What does the girl buy in Mike's story?
(a) A Coke.
(d) A magazine.
8. How does Mark get injured in Chapter 3?
(a) He is stabbed.
(b) He gets hit in the head with a beer bottle.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is beaten up by a gang of boys.
9. What subject does Randy major in at the local college?
(b) Political Science.
10. What does Mark throw on Mike's bed in Chapter 2?
(c) A magazine.
11. Where does Bryon go after he sees Mike in Chapter 5?
(a) To the snack bar.
(b) To the arcade.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the bowling alley.
12. Who gets shot in the struggle between the Texans and Charlie?
(b) Dirty Dave.
13. What author does Bryon like?
14. What is M&M's older sister's name?
15. What symbol does M&M wear hanging around his neck?
(a) A swastika.
(b) A cloverleaf.
(c) An 'A' with a circle through it.
(d) A peace symbol.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Bryon describes Mark as this kind of lion.
2. Where do Mark and Bryon find M&M in Chapter 1?
3. What do the other students think about Mark after the fight?
4. What is the name of the boy in the hospital room across from Bryon's mother?
5. How much money does Bryon owe Charlie?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)