|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mark get injured in Chapter 3?
(a) He gets hit in the head with a beer bottle.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is beaten up by a gang of boys.
2. What does Bryon ask to borrow from Charlie in Chapter 5?
(a) His golf clubs.
(b) His tennis racket.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His car.
3. What does Mark find on the ground after M&M runs away in Chapter 1?
(a) Curly's wallet.
(b) Newsweek magazine.
(c) His peace medal.
(d) Car keys.
4. What does Bryon notice about Mark when they meet?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He has a black eye.
(c) He has been drinking.
(d) His shirt is torn.
5. What is Bryon's last name?
6. What does Mark throw on Mike's bed in Chapter 2?
(c) A magazine.
7. Where do Mark, Bryon and M&M go after the drugstore in Chapter 1?
(a) The pool hall.
(b) The movie house.
(c) The bowling alley.
(d) The second-hand clothing store.
8. How much money does Bryon owe Charlie?
9. What subject does Randy major in at the local college?
(c) Political Science.
10. What does Mike say in Chapter 5 that depresses Bryon?
(a) "I wish I was dead."
(b) "There's no point to life.
(c) "I hate my life."
(d) "Everything is meaningless."
11. Where does Bryon go after he sees Mike in Chapter 5?
(a) To the arcade.
(b) To the snack bar.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the bowling alley.
12. Why does everyone stare at Bryon and Cathy when they arrive at the dance?
(a) Mark shouts Bryon's name.
(b) Bryon has a stain on his shirt.
(c) Everyone wonders who Cathy is.
(d) Curtis wants to fight Bryon.
13. What is Bryon making for dinner when Terry Jones finds him?
(b) A peanut butter and honey sandwich.
(c) Chicken Kiev.
14. What is the bartender's name in the pool hall?
15. What does Mr. Carlson dislike about M&M?
(a) His book choices.
(b) His peace medal.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His long hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the army take Charlie?
2. Which weapon is Curly carrying?
3. What is Mark's explanation for taking someone's car in Chapter 4?
4. What subject is M&M flunking at school?
5. What does Bryon ask to borrow from Charlie in Chapter 3?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)