|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent of Tea Party Republicans say there is no evidence of global warming, according to the authors in Chapter 10: "The War of Physics and Other Good Things"?
2. Where did Arne Duncan previously work as CEO?
(a) Chicago Public Schools.
(b) St. Louis Public Schools.
(c) San Francisco Public Schools.
(d) New York City Public Schools.
3. What percentage of adults are illiterate in Detroit, Michigan, according to the authors?
4. When was Mark Zuckerberg named Time magazine's person of the year?
5. When was Arne Duncan born?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Pew Center, state governments collectively face what unfunded amount in liability according to the authors in Chapter 9: "The War on Math (and the Future)"?
2. What refers to fervent, sometimes militant, support of a party, cause, faction, person, or idea?
3. When was Ronald Reagan born?
4. When was John F. Kennedy born?
5. What refers to the current rise in the average temperature of Earth's atmosphere and oceans and its projected continuation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the authors say regarding America's borrowing power?
2. What was the impact of the Iranian Revolution?
3. How has Wall Street changed in contemporary times?
4. How did the Republican Party change in the 1960s?
5. How do the authors describe the beginning of the twenty-first century?
6. How do the authors use Dick Cheney as reasoning to fight climate change in Chapter 10?
7. When was the gold standard scrapped? What do the authors say regarding this in Chapter 9?
8. When did the crisis take place on Three Mile Island as described in Chapter 10?
9. What do the authors say is the reasoning behind Michele Bachmann's comment and those who believed it?
10. What do the authors maintain to be reasons for hope for America in Chapter 14: "They Just Didn't Get the Word"?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)