|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Mark Zuckerberg named Time magazine's person of the year?
2. When did the War in Afghanistan begin?
3. When did Ronald Reagan's presidency begin?
4. Where was Bill Gates born?
(a) Billings, Montana.
(b) Austin, Texas.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Seattle, Washington.
5. Who is the founder of Teach for America?
(a) Sergey Brin.
(b) Kishore Mahbubani.
(c) Wendy Kopp.
(d) Paul Allen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ronald Reagan implement his free-market economics?
2. Michelle Bachmann claimed that the Obama administration was spending how much a day on a trip to India in Chapter 13: "Devaluation"?
3. According to the authors, the major goal of the modern Democratic Party is to preserve the social networks created during whose administration?
4. In a report entitled, "Rising Above the Gathering Storm," which was requested by Congress in 2005, statistics showed that funding of R&D as a percentage of GDP had declined by what percentage over forty years?
5. When was Arne Duncan born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has led to the struggle between the old and young, as described in Chapter 9: "The War on Math (and the Future)"?
2. When did America begin the process of deficit spending?
3. How do the authors use Dick Cheney as reasoning to fight climate change in Chapter 10?
4. What do the authors say is the reasoning behind Michele Bachmann's comment and those who believed it?
5. When did the crisis take place on Three Mile Island as described in Chapter 10?
6. How do the authors describe the impact of the Tea Party in 2010?
7. What was the impact of the Iranian Revolution?
8. What is the principle motivation of politicians in politics today?
9. What led to the housing bubble in America, according to the authors in Chapter 11: "The Terrible Twos"?
10. How do the authors describe the loss of moral values in America in Chapter 13: "Devaluation"?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)