|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social networking site did Mark Zuckerberg develop?
2. Senator James Inhofe refers to global warming as what?
(a) A Republican matter.
(b) A hoax.
(c) A legitimate concern.
(d) An attempt at terrorism.
3. When did Ronald Reagan's presidency end?
4. Robert Stevenson family's business was founded in what year?
5. During what years was John F. Kennedy President of the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Arne Duncan born?
2. When was the Ayatollah Khomeini born?
3. By 2016, the gross national debt is estimated to be how much, according to the authors in Chapter 9: "The War on Math (and the Future)"?
4. What is the act of attempting to influence decisions made by officials in the government, most often legislators or members of regulatory agencies?
5. What refers to changes to the United States tax code passed during the presidency of George W. Bush that generally lowered tax rates and revised the code specifying taxation in the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the authors predict will happen in America if changes aren't made in regard to climate change deficit reduction?
2. What was the impact of the Iranian Revolution?
3. How do the authors compare the proficiency and productivity of America and China?
4. What is the principle motivation of politicians in politics today?
5. How do the authors describe partisan politics in Chapter 12: "Whatever It Is, I'm Against It"?
6. What led to the housing bubble in America, according to the authors in Chapter 11: "The Terrible Twos"?
7. What did Arne Duncan relate about American education?
8. Who are examples used by the authors to demonstrate great success in Chapter 14?
9. How do the authors use Dick Cheney as reasoning to fight climate change in Chapter 10?
10. What has led to the struggle between the old and young, as described in Chapter 9: "The War on Math (and the Future)"?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)