|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a proprietary voice over Internet Protocol service and software application originally created by David Somekh and owned by Microsoft since 2011?
2. According to the author, what train in his Maryland hometown had been under construction for almost a year for modernization?
3. How many years before Friedman arrived was a three-hour car ride from Beijing the only way to get to the over-populated city where Tom Friedman attended the World Economic Forum summer conference?
4. What is a browser-based operating system created by Good OS LLC, a Los Angeles-based corporation?
5. What refers to a revolutionary wave of demonstrations and protests occurring in the Arab world that began on December 18, 2010?
(a) Arab Spring.
(b) Arab Vengence.
(c) Arab Awakening.
(d) Arab Freedom Movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the third factor discussed about the new, flat world of globalization?
2. Who insisted that his own gravestone be marked with the fact that he had founded the University of Virginia?
3. Google was founded by Larry Page and what other individual?
4. Who stabilized the country's economy by supporting legislation that saved capitalism and created social safety-nets like Social Security?
5. According to the authors, there are three mindsets when thinking about being a creative creator or a creative server. What is the third?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Friedman's conclusion regarding China's development?
2. What do the authors assert Americans need to do in order to keep up in today's job market?
3. What do the authors assert about America's leaders of the past?
4. What are ways in which the successful achieve success?
5. What United States policy was adopted regarding the Cold War in 1946?
6. What do the authors assert the CEO of DuPont seeks in employees?
7. Why do the authors assert that "Average is over" in Chapter 7: "Average Is Over"?
8. What are the five pillars of prosperity described by the authors in Chapter 3?
9. When did the Cold War end? What impact did this have?
10. What were the results of the 2011 Association for Computing Collegiate Programming contest, according to the authors in Chapter 6: "Homework x 2 = The American Dream"?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)