|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the authors, is the driver of the new reality that is making changes at a furious rate, as described in Chapter 4: "Up in the Air"?
(a) Popular culture.
(c) Information technology.
2. What is the largest professional organization and largest labor union in the United States, representing public school teachers and other support personnel, faculty and staffers at colleges and universities, retired educators, and college students preparing to become teachers?
(a) The Teacher's and Professor's Union.
(b) The National Education Association.
(c) The Education Union.
(d) The American Learning Campaign.
3. When was Martin Dempsey born?
4. The world-class high-speed train in China traveled how many miles per hour?
5. Who is the co-author of the book along with Thomas L. Friedman?
(a) George Kennan.
(b) Michelle Bachmann.
(c) Ed Rendell.
(d) Michael Mandelbaum.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the authors, the best education is one that focuses on the three "C's." What is the second "C" discussed in Chapter 7: "Average Is Over"?
2. When was Steve Jobs born?
3. What is a generic designation for a family of synthetic polymers, known generically as polyamides, that were first produced on February 28, 1935, at the DuPont Experimental Station?
4. What is a family of synthetic rubbers that are produced by polymerization of chloroprene?
5. According to the authors, there are six crucial elements to improving the country's educational system. What is the first?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the Cold War end? What impact did this have?
2. What do the authors write about the communication technology of social networking?
3. What must be improved in American schools for students to succeed in the global market?
4. What three mindsets do the authors describe for being a creative thinker?
5. What do the authors write about Abraham Lincoln's advancements?
6. What do the authors assert the CEO of DuPont seeks in employees?
7. What are the six crucial elements to improving America's educational system?
8. What are the five pillars of prosperity described by the authors in Chapter 3?
9. What are the three factors brought about by the new flat world of globalization?
10. What United States policy was adopted regarding the Cold War in 1946?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)