|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the second factor about the new, flat world of globalization discussed in Chapter 4?
(a) The Internet and the World Wide Web.
(b) The Department of Homeland Security.
(c) The personal computer.
(d) The development of the languages of the Internet.
2. What refers to the increasingly global relationships of culture, people, and economic activity?
3. According to the authors, there are three mindsets when thinking about being a creative creator or a creative server. What is the second?
(a) Think like a waitress.
(b) Think like an immigrant.
(c) Think like an artisan.
(d) Think like a teacher.
4. According to the authors, Americans have to recognize that when a company moves off-shore or outsources many of its functions, we are not only losing current jobs but also __________.
(a) Job apprehension.
(b) Past wages.
(c) Jobs of the future.
(d) Market stagnation.
5. How many of the top ten prizes were awarded to Russian teams in the the 2011 Association for Computing Collegiate Programming contest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Tom Friedman at an education conference when a junior high student told him that the Chinese people have more ambition than Americans?
2. According to the authors, there are six crucial elements to improving the country's educational system. What is the sixth?
3. What is the second pillar to prosperity?
4. What governor of Philadelphia complained that America had gone soft when the NFL canceled some games because of a snowstorm?
5. When was Martin Dempsey born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Friedman's conclusion regarding China's development?
2. What do the authors write about Abraham Lincoln's advancements?
3. What are the three factors brought about by the new flat world of globalization?
4. What do the authors write about the communication technology of social networking?
5. What examples are given for America's decline in ambition?
6. Why do the authors assert that "Average is over" in Chapter 7: "Average Is Over"?
7. What three mindsets do the authors describe for being a creative thinker?
8. In Chapter 2, how do the authors describe the "Long Telegram"?
9. What do the authors assert Americans need to do in order to keep up in today's job market?
10. How does the author describe Tianjin, China in Chapter 1: "If You See Something, Say Something"? Why did he travel there?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)