|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to an altruistic concern for human welfare and advancement, usually manifested by donations of money, property, or work to needy persons?
2. What does "IT" stand for?
(a) Internet technology.
(b) Isotope table.
(c) Isometric technology.
(d) Imaginative truth.
3. What refers to the process of thinking that questions assumptions?
(a) Assumptive thinking.
(b) Critical thinking.
(c) Mundane thinking.
(d) Presumptive thinking.
4. What is the third pillar to prosperity?
(a) Private economic activity must have necessary regulations.
(b) Our infrastructure must be continually maintained and modernized.
(c) Public education must be provided for more and more Americans.
(d) The doors to immigration must be kept open.
5. When was the "Long Telegram" produced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the former communist states of Eastern and Central Europe, generally the Soviet Union and the countries of the Warsaw Pact?
2. Who was Facebook founded by?
3. How many of the top ten prizes were awarded to Russian teams in the the 2011 Association for Computing Collegiate Programming contest?
4. Who stabilized the country's economy by supporting legislation that saved capitalism and created social safety-nets like Social Security?
5. What is the largest professional organization and largest labor union in the United States, representing public school teachers and other support personnel, faculty and staffers at colleges and universities, retired educators, and college students preparing to become teachers?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how do the authors describe the "Long Telegram"?
2. What are the three "C's" described in Chapter 7: "Average Is Over"?
3. What United States policy was adopted regarding the Cold War in 1946?
4. Why do the authors assert that "Average is over" in Chapter 7: "Average Is Over"?
5. What do the authors assert Americans must do in order to compete?
6. What examples are given for America's decline in ambition?
7. What are employers looking for in workers today according to the authors in Chapter 5: "Help Wanted"?
8. What do the authors assert Americans need to do in order to keep up in today's job market?
9. What are the three factors brought about by the new flat world of globalization?
10. What do the authors write about the communication technology of social networking?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)