|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the large-scale American program to aid Europe where the United States gave monetary support to help rebuild European economies after the end of World War II in order to combat the spread of Soviet communism?
(a) Washington's Deal.
(b) The Denali Plan.
(c) The Marshall Plan.
(d) The New Deal.
2. According to the authors, there are three mindsets when thinking about being a creative creator or a creative server. What is the third?
(a) Think like an immigrant.
(b) Think like a waitress.
(c) Think like a teacher.
(d) Think like an artisan.
3. According to the authors, there are six crucial elements to improving the country's educational system. What is the fourth?
(a) Involved parents.
(b) Taxpayers willing to support education.
(c) Business leaders committed to raising standards.
(d) Politicians who support education.
4. What is the largest professional organization and largest labor union in the United States, representing public school teachers and other support personnel, faculty and staffers at colleges and universities, retired educators, and college students preparing to become teachers?
(a) The American Learning Campaign.
(b) The National Education Association.
(c) The Teacher's and Professor's Union.
(d) The Education Union.
5. Who insisted that his own gravestone be marked with the fact that he had founded the University of Virginia?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the authors, the best education is one that focuses on the three "C's." What is the first "C" discussed in Chapter 7: "Average Is Over"?
2. How many school districts are there in America?
3. What is a family of synthetic rubbers that are produced by polymerization of chloroprene?
4. What is the trademark of a range of durable, high-performance, polyimide-based plastics manufactured by DuPont?
5. According to the authors in Chapter 3: "Ignoring Our History," there are five pillars to prosperity that if ignored will be at America's peril. What is the first pillar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must be improved in American schools for students to succeed in the global market?
2. When did the Cold War end? What impact did this have?
3. In Chapter 2, how do the authors describe the "Long Telegram"?
4. What are employers looking for in workers today according to the authors in Chapter 5: "Help Wanted"?
5. What are ways in which the successful achieve success?
6. What is Friedman's conclusion regarding China's development?
7. How long did it take Tianjin to build the conference building?
8. What is responsible for the growing lack of jobs in America, according to the authors in Chapter 4?
9. What were the results of the 2011 Association for Computing Collegiate Programming contest, according to the authors in Chapter 6: "Homework x 2 = The American Dream"?
10. What do the authors assert regarding outsourcing?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)