|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Ronald Reagan born?
2. Senator James Inhofe refers to global warming as what?
(a) A hoax.
(b) A legitimate concern.
(c) A Republican matter.
(d) An attempt at terrorism.
3. Who served as the 46th Vice President of the United States under George W. Bush?
(a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Al Gore.
(c) Dick Cheney.
(d) Harry Truman.
4. The Three Mile Island accident was a nuclear meltdown which occurred at the Three Mile Island power plant in what state?
(b) Rhode Island.
5. It was the conclusion of the American Society of Civil Engineers in what year that our infrastructure is poorly maintained, unable to meet current and future demands and is unsafe?
6. When did the Iraq War begin?
7. When was Arne Duncan born?
8. What position does Arne Duncan currently hold?
(a) United States Secretary of The Treasury.
(b) United States Secretary of Education.
(c) United States Secretary of Energy.
(d) United States Secretary of Labor.
9. Bill Gates is the former CEO and current chairman of what company?
(c) Apple Inc.
(d) Microsoft Corporation.
10. What state had been home to many of the largest defense contractors that have since been forced to close down, leaving millions unemployed?
(c) New Jersey.
11. Who is the founder of Teach for America?
(a) Kishore Mahbubani.
(b) Sergey Brin.
(c) Wendy Kopp.
(d) Paul Allen.
12. When did the Three Mile Island accident occur?
13. Where did Arne Duncan previously work as CEO?
(a) New York City Public Schools.
(b) St. Louis Public Schools.
(c) San Francisco Public Schools.
(d) Chicago Public Schools.
14. Sarah Palin was the Republican Party nominee for Vice President in what year?
15. When was Paul O'Neill born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What state does Michelle Bachmann represent in the United States House of Representatives?
2. Who tried to imagine what it would have been like if there had been a 24/7 cable news cycle when the Constitution was being written in Chapter 12: "Whatever It Is, I'm Against It"?
3. When was Bill Gates born?
4. Michelle Bachmann claimed that the Obama administration was spending how much a day on a trip to India in Chapter 13: "Devaluation"?
5. When did the War in Afghanistan begin?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)