|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Arabic word for any type of educational institution, whether secular or religious (of any religion)?
2. When was Mark Zuckerberg named Time magazine's person of the year?
3. According to the Pew Center, state governments collectively face what unfunded amount in liability according to the authors in Chapter 9: "The War on Math (and the Future)"?
(a) $16 trillion.
(b) $3 trillion.
(c) $1 trillion.
(d) $500 billion.
4. What refers to an economic system characterized by social ownership or control of the means of production and cooperative management of the economy?
5. When did Ronald Reagan's presidency begin?
6. Arne Duncan stated that America was ranked what in the world in the number of college graduates per capita?
7. When was Michelle Bachmann born?
8. When did Michelle Bachmann drop out of the bid for U.S. Presidency during the 2012 campaign?
(a) January, 2012.
(b) February, 2012.
(c) September, 2011.
(d) December, 2011.
9. What position does Arne Duncan currently hold?
(a) United States Secretary of The Treasury.
(b) United States Secretary of Energy.
(c) United States Secretary of Labor.
(d) United States Secretary of Education.
10. What refers to changes to the United States tax code passed during the presidency of George W. Bush that generally lowered tax rates and revised the code specifying taxation in the United States?
(a) The great tax holiday.
(b) Bush tax cuts.
(c) Cheney's tax vision.
(d) Republican tax revision.
11. It was the conclusion of the American Society of Civil Engineers in what year that our infrastructure is poorly maintained, unable to meet current and future demands and is unsafe?
12. In what year did the government end the international monetary system established in 1944 which had tied the dollar to the price of gold?
13. According to the authors, Ronald Reagan was against deficits and raised taxes how many times during his eight years in office?
14. According to the authors, the major goal of the modern Democratic Party is to preserve the social networks created during whose administration?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Harry Truman.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
15. What state had been home to many of the largest defense contractors that have since been forced to close down, leaving millions unemployed?
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what political party does Michelle Bachmann belong?
2. Michelle Bachmann dropped out of the bid for U.S. Presidency during the 2012 campaign after coming in sixth in what caucus?
3. When did Ronald Reagan's presidency end?
4. When did Ronald Reagan implement his free-market economics?
5. Who do the authors assert is a political icon for the Republican Party?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)