|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was James Inhofe born?
2. Who is the founder of Teach for America?
(a) Sergey Brin.
(b) Wendy Kopp.
(c) Kishore Mahbubani.
(d) Paul Allen.
3. In March 2010, the majority of the finalists of the 2010 Intel Science Talent Search were the children of immigrants from where?
(a) Bolivia and Kenya.
(b) Mexico and Australia.
(c) China and India.
(d) Germany and Canada.
4. When did Ronald Reagan's presidency end?
5. Arne Duncan stated that America was ranked what in the world in the number of college graduates per capita?
6. Sarah Palin was the Republican Party nominee for Vice President in what year?
7. Who do the authors assert is a political icon for the Republican Party?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
8. Paul O'Neill was fired in what year for his public disagreement with the administration?
9. What state had been home to many of the largest defense contractors that have since been forced to close down, leaving millions unemployed?
(b) New Jersey.
10. According to the authors, the major goal of the modern Democratic Party is to preserve the social networks created during whose administration?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Harry Truman.
11. When was Ronald Reagan born?
12. When was Sarah Palin born?
13. When was Bill Clinton born?
14. When did Michelle Bachmann drop out of the bid for U.S. Presidency during the 2012 campaign?
(a) December, 2011.
(b) February, 2012.
(c) September, 2011.
(d) January, 2012.
15. According to the authors, the economic decline of America is due to the unethical and illegal activities conducted by whom?
(a) The Tea Party.
(c) Wall Street bankers.
(d) The Democratic Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Secretary of the Treasury Paul O'Neill tried to warn who that the tax cuts the administration planned would pose a threat to the economy?
2. According to the authors, although nearly 70 percent of high school graduates enroll in college, what percentage of those students graduate?
3. Bill Gates is the former CEO and current chairman of what company?
4. What news agency do the authors criticize for having its own agenda in Chapter 12: "Whatever It Is, I'm Against It"?
5. In what year did the National Academy of Sciences issue its first warning about global warming?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)