|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a 1979 American thriller film that tells the story of a reporter and cameraman who discover safety cover-ups at a nuclear power plant?
(a) China Rose.
(b) China Gate .
(c) China Town.
(d) The China Syndrome.
2. What news agency do the authors criticize for having its own agenda in Chapter 12: "Whatever It Is, I'm Against It"?
(a) Fox News.
(b) ABC News.
3. When was Ronald Reagan born?
4. With whom did Bill Gates co-found his software company?
(a) Sergey Brin.
(b) Mark Zuckerberg.
(c) George Kennan.
(d) Paul Allen.
5. What refers to the current rise in the average temperature of Earth's atmosphere and oceans and its projected continuation?
(a) Ice age.
(b) Global integration.
(c) Global conditioning.
(d) Global warming.
6. Who succeeded John F. Kennedy after his assassination?
(a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Richard Nixon.
7. According to the authors, the economic decline of America is due to the unethical and illegal activities conducted by whom?
(b) Wall Street bankers.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Tea Party.
8. How many times does the term "Jihad" appear in the Quran?
9. Where did Arne Duncan previously work as CEO?
(a) St. Louis Public Schools.
(b) Chicago Public Schools.
(c) San Francisco Public Schools.
(d) New York City Public Schools.
10. Contraception accounts for what percentage of Planned Parenthood Federation of America's total services?
11. Who is the founder of Teach for America?
(a) Paul Allen.
(b) Sergey Brin.
(c) Kishore Mahbubani.
(d) Wendy Kopp.
12. The Iranian Revolution led to the conflict between the Sunni Muslims and what denomination of Islam?
(b) Shia Islam.
13. To what political party does Michelle Bachmann belong?
14. Secretary of the Treasury Paul O'Neill tried to warn who that the tax cuts the administration planned would pose a threat to the economy?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Lindsay Graham.
(c) Dick Cheney.
(d) Milton Friedman.
15. Michelle Bachmann claimed that the Obama administration was spending how much a day on a trip to India in Chapter 13: "Devaluation"?
(a) $10 million.
(b) $200 million.
(c) $85 million.
(d) $50 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the War in Afghanistan begin?
2. What political party is James Inhofe a member of?
3. Sarah Palin was the Republican Party nominee for Vice President in what year?
4. When was James Inhofe born?
5. Robert Stevenson family's business was founded in what year?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)