|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third pillar to prosperity?
(a) Our infrastructure must be continually maintained and modernized.
(b) The doors to immigration must be kept open.
(c) Private economic activity must have necessary regulations.
(d) Public education must be provided for more and more Americans.
2. The Tea Party movement is a political movement that is generally recognized as conservative and ________.
3. What was the DuPont Corporation originally founded to manufacture?
4. According to the authors, there are six crucial elements to improving the country's educational system. What is the third?
(a) Politicians who support education.
(b) Taxpayers willing to support education.
(c) Business leaders committed to raising standards.
(d) Better teachers and principals.
5. According to the authors, there are six crucial elements to improving the country's educational system. What is the fifth?
(a) Taxpayers willing to support education.
(b) Students who are ready to learn while sitting in the classroom.
(c) Politicians who support education.
(d) Business leaders committed to raising standards.
6. According to the authors, there are six crucial elements to improving the country's educational system. What is the second?
(a) Politicians who support education.
(b) Better teachers and principals.
(c) Involved parents.
(d) Taxpayers willing to support education.
7. According to the authors, there are three mindsets when thinking about being a creative creator or a creative server. What is the first?
(a) Think like an artisan.
(b) Think like a teacher.
(c) Think like an immigrant.
(d) Think like a waitress.
8. What is the fourth major challenge that America faces?
(a) How to manage rising energy consugemption and increasing climate threats.
(b) How to adjust to the IT revolution.
(c) How to cope with soaring budget deficits.
(d) How to adapt to globalization.
9. What is a proprietary voice over Internet Protocol service and software application originally created by David Somekh and owned by Microsoft since 2011?
10. When was the DuPont Corporation founded?
11. The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship first became popular with kids in high crime areas in New York because in addition to teaching them math and reading, it focused on how they could do what?
(a) Move away.
(b) Play sports.
(c) Become astronauts.
(d) Make money.
12. According to the authors, the best education is one that focuses on the three "C's." What is the second "C" discussed in Chapter 7: "Average Is Over"?
(a) Effective communication.
(b) Successful collaboration.
(c) Athletic champions.
(d) Critical thinking.
13. Three factors brought about the new, flat world of globalization, according to the authors in Chapter 4: "Up in the Air." Which factor was discussed first?
(a) The personal computer.
(b) The Department of Homeland Security.
(c) The development of the languages of the Internet.
(d) The Internet and the World Wide Web.
14. Who stabilized the country's economy by supporting legislation that saved capitalism and created social safety-nets like Social Security?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
15. According to the author, what train in his Maryland hometown had been under construction for almost a year for modernization?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the large-scale American program to aid Europe where the United States gave monetary support to help rebuild European economies after the end of World War II in order to combat the spread of Soviet communism?
2. How many years before Friedman arrived was a three-hour car ride from Beijing the only way to get to the over-populated city where Tom Friedman attended the World Economic Forum summer conference?
3. What position has Martin Dempsey held since October, 2011?
4. What is the fourth pillar to prosperity?
5. What governor of Philadelphia complained that America had gone soft when the NFL canceled some games because of a snowstorm?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)