|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: The War of Physics and Other Good Things.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What governor of Philadelphia complained that America had gone soft when the NFL canceled some games because of a snowstorm?
(a) George Kennan.
(b) Michael Mandelbaum.
(c) George Kaufman.
(d) Ed Rendell.
2. What word means to give (a person) the right to do or have something; qualify?
3. What is the Arabic word for any type of educational institution, whether secular or religious (of any religion)?
4. What does "IT" stand for?
(a) Isotope table.
(b) Internet technology.
(c) Isometric technology.
(d) Imaginative truth.
5. What refers to the former communist states of Eastern and Central Europe, generally the Soviet Union and the countries of the Warsaw Pact?
(a) The Eastern Bloc.
(b) The Middle East.
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based posts of up to 140 characters?
2. According to the authors, what is the first cause for the decline of America?
3. According to the authors, there are six crucial elements to improving the country's educational system. What is the fourth?
4. Who was Facebook founded by?
5. What refers to an altruistic concern for human welfare and advancement, usually manifested by donations of money, property, or work to needy persons?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)