|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: The War of Physics and Other Good Things.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steve Jobs was co-founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of what company?
(b) Apple Inc.
2. Who insisted that the free market would establish the correct value of the world's currencies, according to the authors in Chapter 9: "The War on Math (and the Future)"?
(a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Milton Friedman.
(c) Lee Harvey Oswald.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
3. Where was Tom Friedman at an education conference when a junior high student told him that the Chinese people have more ambition than Americans?
(a) Portland, OR.
(b) Phoenix, AZ.
(c) Boise, ID.
(d) San Jose, CA.
4. In what year did the National Academy of Sciences issue its first warning about global warming?
5. The Tea Party movement has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the trademark of a range of durable, high-performance, polyimide-based plastics manufactured by DuPont?
2. What is a generic designation for a family of synthetic polymers, known generically as polyamides, that were first produced on February 28, 1935, at the DuPont Experimental Station?
3. According to the authors, there are six crucial elements to improving the country's educational system. What is the second?
4. According to the authors, by ending the Cold War, America opened the global door to how many more people who would be living like us and would be competing for our jobs?
5. What does NATO stand for?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)