|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: The War of Physics and Other Good Things.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the authors, there are six crucial elements to improving the country's educational system. What is the second?
(a) Involved parents.
(b) Taxpayers willing to support education.
(c) Better teachers and principals.
(d) Politicians who support education.
2. What is a 1979 American thriller film that tells the story of a reporter and cameraman who discover safety cover-ups at a nuclear power plant?
(a) The China Syndrome.
(b) China Gate .
(c) China Town.
(d) China Rose.
3. Who was Facebook founded by?
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Sergey Brin.
(c) Mark Zuckerberg.
(d) Al Gore.
4. What, according to the authors, is the driver of the new reality that is making changes at a furious rate, as described in Chapter 4: "Up in the Air"?
(c) Information technology.
(d) Popular culture.
5. How many years before Friedman arrived was a three-hour car ride from Beijing the only way to get to the over-populated city where Tom Friedman attended the World Economic Forum summer conference?
Short Answer Questions
1. Secretary of the Treasury Paul O'Neill tried to warn who that the tax cuts the administration planned would pose a threat to the economy?
2. The Tea Party movement is a political movement that is generally recognized as conservative and ________.
3. The CEO of DuPont looks for employees who have ___________, according to Chapter 5.
4. What is the fifth pillar to prosperity?
5. What is the fourth major challenge that America faces?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)