|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Average Is Over.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Three factors brought about the new, flat world of globalization, according to the authors in Chapter 4: "Up in the Air." Which factor was discussed first?
(a) The development of the languages of the Internet.
(b) The personal computer.
(c) The Department of Homeland Security.
(d) The Internet and the World Wide Web.
2. Approximately when did the Cold War begin?
3. The Cold War came to an end in what year?
4. What refers to an altruistic concern for human welfare and advancement, usually manifested by donations of money, property, or work to needy persons?
5. Who stabilized the country's economy by supporting legislation that saved capitalism and created social safety-nets like Social Security?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) George W. Bush.
(d) Bill Clinton.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Tom Friedman travel to China for the World Economic Forum summer conference?
2. What was the third factor discussed about the new, flat world of globalization?
3. How many of the top ten prizes were awarded to Russian teams in the the 2011 Association for Computing Collegiate Programming contest?
4. The Tea Party movement has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since what year?
5. What is the trademark of a range of durable, high-performance, polyimide-based plastics manufactured by DuPont?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)