|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Average Is Over.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to an altruistic concern for human welfare and advancement, usually manifested by donations of money, property, or work to needy persons?
2. What position has Martin Dempsey held since October, 2011?
(a) Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
(b) Vice President.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Head of Pentagon Security.
3. According to the authors, there are three mindsets when thinking about being a creative creator or a creative server. What is the second?
(a) Think like a teacher.
(b) Think like an immigrant.
(c) Think like a waitress.
(d) Think like an artisan.
4. In the context of United States constitutional interpretation, what is a principle of interpretation that tries to discover the original meaning or intent of the constitution?
5. According to the authors, the best education is one that focuses on the three "C's." What is the third "C" discussed in Chapter 7: "Average Is Over"?
(a) Successful collaboration.
(b) Critical thinking.
(c) Athletic champions.
(d) Effective communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the "Long Telegram" produced?
2. How many of the top ten prizes were awarded to Russian teams in the the 2011 Association for Computing Collegiate Programming contest?
3. What is the third major challenge that America faces?
4. What is the second pillar to prosperity?
5. The world-class high-speed train in China traveled how many miles per hour?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)