|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Average Is Over.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the authors, there are three mindsets when thinking about being a creative creator or a creative server. What is the first?
(a) Think like a teacher.
(b) Think like a waitress.
(c) Think like an immigrant.
(d) Think like an artisan.
2. What refers to an altruistic concern for human welfare and advancement, usually manifested by donations of money, property, or work to needy persons?
3. In the context of United States constitutional interpretation, what is a principle of interpretation that tries to discover the original meaning or intent of the constitution?
4. According to the authors, by ending the Cold War, America opened the global door to how many more people who would be living like us and would be competing for our jobs?
(a) 375 million.
(b) 50 million.
(c) 950 million.
(d) 2 billion.
5. What refers to a revolutionary wave of demonstrations and protests occurring in the Arab world that began on December 18, 2010?
(a) Arab Freedom Movement.
(b) Arab Awakening.
(c) Arab Vengence.
(d) Arab Spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Cold War came to an end in what year?
2. According to the authors, there are three mindsets when thinking about being a creative creator or a creative server. What is the third?
3. What is an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based posts of up to 140 characters?
4. What, according to the authors, is the driver of the new reality that is making changes at a furious rate, as described in Chapter 4: "Up in the Air"?
5. What governor of Philadelphia complained that America had gone soft when the NFL canceled some games because of a snowstorm?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)