|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Up in the Air.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Tea Party movement is a political movement that is generally recognized as conservative and ________.
2. Google was founded by Larry Page and what other individual?
(a) Mark Zuckerberg.
(b) Bill Gates.
(c) Sergey Brin.
(d) Al Gore.
3. What was the large-scale American program to aid Europe where the United States gave monetary support to help rebuild European economies after the end of World War II in order to combat the spread of Soviet communism?
(a) The New Deal.
(b) Washington's Deal.
(c) The Marshall Plan.
(d) The Denali Plan.
4. The Cold War came to an end in what year?
5. What is the second major challenge that America faces?
(a) How to adjust to the IT revolution.
(b) How to cope with soaring budget deficits.
(c) How to adapt to globalization.
(d) How to manage rising energy consugemption and increasing climate threats.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the authors, by ending the Cold War, America opened the global door to how many more people who would be living like us and would be competing for our jobs?
2. The world-class high-speed train in China traveled how many miles per hour?
3. Where in China did Tom Friedman attend the World Economic Forum summer conference?
4. What is the fifth pillar to prosperity?
5. What is an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based posts of up to 140 characters?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)