|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Up in the Air.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in China did Tom Friedman attend the World Economic Forum summer conference?
2. What is the third major challenge that America faces?
(a) How to manage rising energy consugemption and increasing climate threats.
(b) How to adapt to globalization.
(c) How to cope with soaring budget deficits.
(d) How to adjust to the IT revolution.
3. According to the author, what train in his Maryland hometown had been under construction for almost a year for modernization?
4. What is an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based posts of up to 140 characters?
5. What governor of Philadelphia complained that America had gone soft when the NFL canceled some games because of a snowstorm?
(a) Ed Rendell.
(b) George Kaufman.
(c) George Kennan.
(d) Michael Mandelbaum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Google was founded by Larry Page and what other individual?
2. What is the fifth pillar to prosperity?
3. When did Tom Friedman travel to China for the World Economic Forum summer conference?
4. What is the second major challenge that America faces?
5. Where was Tom Friedman at an education conference when a junior high student told him that the Chinese people have more ambition than Americans?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)