|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Up in the Air.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Google was founded by Larry Page and what other individual?
(a) Sergey Brin.
(b) Bill Gates.
(c) Mark Zuckerberg.
(d) Al Gore.
2. What is the third cause, according to the authors, for America's decline?
(a) Some of the most important matters that are suffering from neglect are education, deficits and dept and climate change.
(b) Leaders have stopped recognizing what America needs to thrive in today's world.
(c) We have stopped investing in our future.
(d) Our political system is paralyzed and ineffective.
3. Who saw to it that returning soldiers were given an advantage for serving the country with the institution of the GI Bill of Rights?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Harry Truman.
4. Where in China did Tom Friedman attend the World Economic Forum summer conference?
5. What is the fifth pillar to prosperity?
(a) The doors to immigration must be kept open.
(b) Public education must be provided for more and more Americans.
(c) Private economic activity must have necessary regulations.
(d) Our infrastructure must be continually maintained and modernized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a proprietary voice over Internet Protocol service and software application originally created by David Somekh and owned by Microsoft since 2011?
2. What refers to an altruistic concern for human welfare and advancement, usually manifested by donations of money, property, or work to needy persons?
3. According to the author, what train in his Maryland hometown had been under construction for almost a year for modernization?
4. When was Alexander Hamilton born?
5. According to the authors in Chapter 3: "Ignoring Our History," there are five pillars to prosperity that if ignored will be at America's peril. What is the first pillar?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)