|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Up in the Air.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Tom Friedman travel to China for the World Economic Forum summer conference?
(a) September, 2010.
(b) July, 2008.
(c) August 2011.
(d) June, 2009.
2. How much time did it take to erect the conference building which housed the World Economic Forum summer conference?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 22 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 3 years.
3. What was the second factor about the new, flat world of globalization discussed in Chapter 4?
(a) The personal computer.
(b) The Internet and the World Wide Web.
(c) The development of the languages of the Internet.
(d) The Department of Homeland Security.
4. Of the four major challenges that the authors mention in Chapter 2, what is the first challenge that America faces?
(a) How to adjust to the IT revolution.
(b) How to manage rising energy consugemption and increasing climate threats.
(c) How to cope with soaring budget deficits.
(d) How to adapt to globalization.
5. What is the third pillar to prosperity?
(a) The doors to immigration must be kept open.
(b) Our infrastructure must be continually maintained and modernized.
(c) Private economic activity must have necessary regulations.
(d) Public education must be provided for more and more Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the former communist states of Eastern and Central Europe, generally the Soviet Union and the countries of the Warsaw Pact?
2. Who stabilized the country's economy by supporting legislation that saved capitalism and created social safety-nets like Social Security?
3. In the context of United States constitutional interpretation, what is a principle of interpretation that tries to discover the original meaning or intent of the constitution?
4. According to the authors, by ending the Cold War, America opened the global door to how many more people who would be living like us and would be competing for our jobs?
5. Who was Facebook founded by?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)