|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: Devaluation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ronald Reagan's presidency begin?
2. What refers to an economy in which the prices of goods and services are determined in a free price system?
(a) Market economy.
(b) Economy of fairness.
(c) Democratic economy.
(d) Self-regulating economy.
3. According to the authors, there are six crucial elements to improving the country's educational system. What is the second?
(a) Taxpayers willing to support education.
(b) Politicians who support education.
(c) Involved parents.
(d) Better teachers and principals.
4. What new type of attorney do the authors assert law firms are adding, as discussed in Chapter 5: "Help Wanted"?
(a) Corporate municipal liasons.
(b) Copyright investigators.
(c) Criminal defense teams.
(d) Chief innovation officers.
5. What is the third major challenge that America faces?
(a) How to manage rising energy consugemption and increasing climate threats.
(b) How to cope with soaring budget deficits.
(c) How to adapt to globalization.
(d) How to adjust to the IT revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. A team from what country won the second prize in the the 2011 Association for Computing Collegiate Programming contest?
2. Paul O'Neill served as the 72nd United States Secretary of the Treasury for part of what U.S. President's first term?
3. Who saw to it that returning soldiers were given an advantage for serving the country with the institution of the GI Bill of Rights?
4. Who insisted that the free market would establish the correct value of the world's currencies, according to the authors in Chapter 9: "The War on Math (and the Future)"?
5. Who tried to imagine what it would have been like if there had been a 24/7 cable news cycle when the Constitution was being written in Chapter 12: "Whatever It Is, I'm Against It"?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)