|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Megan's weekend job?
(a) Newspaper delivery.
(b) A visitor's aide.
(c) A tour guide.
(d) Working in a souvenir shop.
2. At dinner, how does Megan describe Patrick?
(a) As eccentric.
(b) As slightly crazy.
(c) As unpredictable.
(d) As immature.
3. Who is Martha Greenwald?
(a) Megan's best friend.
(b) Megan's aunt.
(c) Megan's colleague.
(d) Megan's neighbor.
4. What does Patrick leave for Timmy in the kitchen?
(a) A high chair.
(b) A crib.
(c) A baby swing.
(d) A playpen.
5. Where do Megan's parents live?
(c) New York.
6. Who does Patrick liken himself to when he realizes he has to wake Megan up?
(a) The Big Bad Wolf.
(b) Prince Charming.
(c) A husband.
(d) A servant.
7. What is Megan wearing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) Colonial attire.
(c) A waitressing uniform.
(d) A heavy coat.
8. What is Megan Murphy doing in the park at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Taking photos.
(b) Having a snack.
(c) Feeding ducks.
(d) Reading a book.
9. Why does Megan track down Patrick Hunter?
(a) She wants to get some medical advice.
(b) She wants to tell him that he's being a bad "pet parent".
(c) She has some treats for his bunny.
(d) She wants to ask him out.
10. Why does Megan say it's a good thing her parents moved away?
(a) They would hound her about Patrick.
(b) They come over uninvited.
(c) They would take Timmy to child services.
(d) They always disapprove of her boyfriends.
11. What does Patrick suppose Megan has been imagining about him through the night?
(a) Being on a deserted island with him.
(b) That he is rich.
(c) His passionate kisses.
(d) Having a family with him.
12. How old is Tilly Coogan?
13. What does Patrick say about his parents?
(a) They're understanding.
(b) They're overbearing.
(c) They're great.
(d) They's meddlesome.
14. What kind of relationship does Megan want with Patrick?
(a) A co-dependent relationship
(b) A romantic relationship.
(c) A professional relationship.
(d) A platonic relationship.
15. In Chapter 4 where does Megan drive to on a Friday afternoon?
(a) An out-of-town outlet mall.
(c) The historic downtown district.
(d) Her parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I'm not a morning person"?
2. What is Megan's true profession?
3. Why does Megan insist that Patrick not hire a babysitter?
4. What does Patrick mention stealing in med school?
5. What do Patrick and Megan eat while they discuss what to do about Timmy?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)