|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Megan's possessions does the animal in the park chew on?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) Her bag.
(c) Her skirt.
(d) Her coat.
2. What vehicle passes Megan as she is sitting on a bench?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A row boat.
(d) A horse-drawn carriage.
3. What does Patrick say he will do if Timmy's mother Tilly doesn't return?
(a) He will try to adopt Timmy.
(b) He will start searching for Tilly.
(c) He will give Timmy to his parents to raise.
(d) He will take Timmy to child services.
4. Where do Megan's parents live?
(d) New York.
5. What does Megan say she has never seen up close?
(a) A stethescope.
(b) A baby.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A colonial home.
6. What does Megan find she must have shut off while sleeping?
(a) Her alarm clock.
(b) Her lamp.
(c) Her electric heater.
(d) Her air purifier.
7. What holiday do Megan and Patrick discuss?
8. What is Megan wearing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A waitressing uniform.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) Colonial attire.
(d) A heavy coat.
9. What does Megan listen to briefly outside Bruton Parish Church?
(a) Church bells.
(b) A sermon.
(c) Organ music.
(d) A choir singing.
10. What is Megan's true profession?
(a) Megan is a historian.
(b) Megan is a painter.
(c) Megan is a potter.
(d) Megan is a writer.
11. What has Patrick received from his parents for his birthday?
(a) A computer.
(b) A set of cooking pots.
(c) A car.
(d) A TV and DVD player.
12. Why does Megan say it's a good thing her parents moved away?
(a) They come over uninvited.
(b) They always disapprove of her boyfriends.
(c) They would hound her about Patrick.
(d) They would take Timmy to child services.
13. Where do Patrick and Megan go out for their first date?
(a) Campbell's Tavern.
(b) The King's Arms Tavern.
(c) Merchants Square Cafe.
(d) The Pit restaurant.
14. What is Megan Murphy doing in the park at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Taking photos.
(c) Having a snack.
(d) Feeding ducks.
15. Who is Martha Greenwald?
(a) Megan's colleague.
(b) Megan's aunt.
(c) Megan's neighbor.
(d) Megan's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Patrick cooking when Megan first visits his house?
2. How old is Tilly Coogan?
3. At dinner, what does Megan say she's been waiting for Patrick to do?
4. What had Patrick imagined Megan doing all day in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Megan think Patrick's living room is perfect for?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)