|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Megan's parents live?
(b) New York.
2. What is Megan preparing when Patrick returns from work in Chapter 3?
(a) Pie dough.
(b) A frozen pasta meal.
(c) Timmy's dinner.
(d) Tuna casserole.
3. In which city does the novel take place?
4. What do Patrick and Megan eat while they discuss what to do about Timmy?
(b) Chinese food.
5. How much time did Megan have to get ready for dinner with Patrick in Chapter 4?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) All day.
6. In Chapter 3, what does Megan think Patrick's living room is perfect for?
(a) Celebrating Thanksgiving.
(b) Celebrating Christmas.
(c) Having a birthday party.
(d) A romantic evening.
7. At what Time does Patrick drop Timmy off at Megan's in the morning?
(a) Six o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
8. What is Megan Murphy doing in the park at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Having a snack.
(b) Feeding ducks.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Taking photos.
9. When does Megan say was the last time she got "dressed up"?
(a) For her father's retirement.
(b) For her birthday.
(c) For her wedding.
(d) For her graduation.
10. Where was Patrick raised?
(a) New York.
11. What is Megan's true profession?
(a) Megan is a historian.
(b) Megan is a painter.
(c) Megan is a writer.
(d) Megan is a potter.
12. What does Patrick leave for Timmy in the kitchen?
(a) A baby swing.
(b) A crib.
(c) A high chair.
(d) A playpen.
13. In Chapter 4 where does Megan drive to on a Friday afternoon?
(a) Her parents' house.
(c) An out-of-town outlet mall.
(d) The historic downtown district.
14. What has Patrick received from his parents for his birthday?
(a) A set of cooking pots.
(b) A computer.
(c) A TV and DVD player.
(d) A car.
15. Where do Patrick and Megan go out for their first date?
(a) The King's Arms Tavern.
(b) Merchants Square Cafe.
(c) Campbell's Tavern.
(d) The Pit restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday do Megan and Patrick discuss?
2. Who does Patrick liken himself to when he realizes he has to wake Megan up?
3. What does Patrick say about his parents?
4. How long does Tilly say she'll be gone for?
5. What does Patrick suppose Megan has been imagining about him through the night?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)