|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Megan grow up?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) New Jersey.
2. What is the book Megan reads to Timmy about?
(a) A happy bear.
(b) A lost puppy.
(c) A train.
(d) A little red hen.
3. Why does Megan insist that Patrick not hire a babysitter?
(a) Megan wants her mother to look after Timmy.
(b) Megan wants Patrick to hire her for the job.
(c) Megan doesn't trust anyone else to watch Timmy.
(d) Megan knows he can't afford it.
4. What color is Megan's hair?
5. How old is Megan?
(a) Twenty-seven years old.
(b) Thirty-three years old.
(c) Thirty years old.
(d) Twenty-one years old.
6. What do Patrick and Megan eat while they discuss what to do about Timmy?
(d) Chinese food.
7. At what Time does Patrick drop Timmy off at Megan's in the morning?
(b) Six o'clock.
(c) Eight o'clock.
8. What does Megan find Patrick has left for her in the kitchen?
(a) A rose.
(b) A stuffed bunny.
(d) A box of candy.
9. How many sisters does Patrick have?
10. How old is Tilly Coogan?
11. At dinner, how does Megan describe Patrick?
(a) As eccentric.
(b) As immature.
(c) As unpredictable.
(d) As slightly crazy.
12. When they first meet, who does Tilly Coogan believe Megan to be?
(a) Patrick's assistant.
(b) Patrick's sister.
(c) Patrick's wife.
(d) Patrick's nurse.
13. What does Patrick suppose Megan has been imagining about him through the night?
(a) Being on a deserted island with him.
(b) His passionate kisses.
(c) Having a family with him.
(d) That he is rich.
14. How is Megan helping a college faculty member?
(a) Megan is typing up papers.
(b) Megan is house-sitting for them.
(c) Megan is tutoring students.
(d) Megan is researching local history.
15. How does Megan describe Patrick's bedroom?
(b) Frat Boyish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does a minstrel play in the restaurant?
2. In which city does the novel take place?
3. How many siblings does Megan have?
4. What does Megan decide would be "totally painful"?
5. What becomes a ritual for Timmy and Megan over their few days together?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)