|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie think about marrying Pauline?
2. What does Sir Roderick agree to do to for Seabury in Chapter 15?
3. Why was Pauline arrested?
4. Who does Jeeves say Lady Chuffnell is very worried about?
5. What does Jeeves instruct Bertie to do after getting him off the yacht?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sir Roderick and Bertie have in common in Chapter 16?
2. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he will not be able to provide at the end of Chapter 15?
3. What does Bertie see as he observes the Dower House?
4. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
5. Why does Bertie set about sneaking out of his cottage in Chapter 13?
6. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie he can sleep in Chapter 16, and what does he promise to do?
7. What does Jeeves say is on Lady Chuffnell's mind in Chapter 17?
8. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
9. Why is Mr. Stoker unhappy when he hears his uncle's will is being contested?
10. What does Jeeves tell Bertie about Sir Roderick and Seabury in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the secondary characters in the novel. What are some similarities and differences amongst the characters? Does Wodehouse pay particular attention to the secondary characters? If so, which ones and why?
Essay Topic 2
Wodehouse often uses misunderstandings in a comedic manner. Discuss the misunderstanding in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How do they create a comedic tone? Are they always resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tone of the novel. Is it written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Is it written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the novel in this tone?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)