Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie realize he needs when he returns to his cottage in Chapter 13?
2. What does Bertie see a maid leaving on Chuffy's desk?
3. Who is having a birthday party aboard the yacht?
4. What does Brinkley attack Bertie with?
5. Where did Seabury get the idea for his method of revenge?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tone of the novel. Is it written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Is it written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the novel in this tone?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of "Thank You, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this book a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the plot device deus ex machina. Which stories contain this technique? Why might Wodehouse have used this technique? How does this plot device affect the tone and pace of the story?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)