|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Stoker react to Chuffy and Pauline's engagement?
2. Why does Brinkley attack Bertie?
3. What does Jeeves instruct Bertie to do after getting him off the yacht?
4. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie to sleep for the night in Chapter 16?
5. What does Jeeves tell Bertie to darken his face with in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
2. What does Jeeves say is on Lady Chuffnell's mind in Chapter 17?
3. What causes a fight between Sir Roderick and the Dowager Lady Chuffnell in Chapter 15?
4. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
5. How does Seabury intend to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
6. Why is Mr. Stoker unhappy when he hears his uncle's will is being contested?
7. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
8. What state does Bertie find Brinkley in when he returns home in Chapter 13?
9. What does Jeeves tell Bertie about Sir Roderick and Seabury in Chapter 15?
10. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the plot device deus ex machina. Which stories contain this technique? Why might Wodehouse have used this technique? How does this plot device affect the tone and pace of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives who and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss humor in "Thank You, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his work in the same humorous manner?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)