|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is performing at the birthday party?
2. What is the title of Chapter 14?
3. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in Chapter 19?
4. How does Bertie react to Sir Roderick's punishment of Seabury?
5. What is the title of Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Stoker react to Pauline and Chuffy's announcement that they intend to marry?
2. What does Jeeves report he was able to set the record straight about in Chapter 11?
3. Where does Bertie go after he runs away from the cottage in Chapter 13? Where does he end up hiding?
4. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
5. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie he can sleep in Chapter 16, and what does he promise to do?
6. Why does Bertie set about sneaking out of his cottage in Chapter 13?
7. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
8. What state does Bertie find Brinkley in when he returns home in Chapter 13?
9. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
10. What does Bertie see as he observes the Dower House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in "Thank You, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his work in the same humorous manner?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss irony in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Wodehouse often uses misunderstandings in a comedic manner. Discuss the misunderstanding in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How do they create a comedic tone? Are they always resolved?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)