|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
2. Who can easily clear up Mr. Stoker's inheritance right with their testimony?
3. How does Mr. Stoker react to Chuffy and Pauline's engagement?
4. What is the title of Chapter 17?
5. Who is Brinkley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
2. Why does Bertie break into Chuffy's office in Chapter 17?
3. What does Jeeves report he was able to set the record straight about in Chapter 11?
4. How does Seabury intend to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
5. What does Bertie see as he observes the Dower House?
6. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
7. Why does Bertie set about sneaking out of his cottage in Chapter 13?
8. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
9. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
10. What causes a fight between Sir Roderick and the Dowager Lady Chuffnell in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of money in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". What role does money and wealth play in the novel? How does money cause problems for the protagonists and secondary characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives who and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)