|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 17?
2. Where does Bertie learn Mr. Stoker found Pauline the previous night?
3. How is Bertie's night of sleep described in Chapter 17?
4. Who does Bertie encounter while waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
5. Where does Bertie hide waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeeves intend to sneak Bertie off the yacht in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
3. Why is Mr. Stoker unhappy when he hears his uncle's will is being contested?
4. What causes a fight between Sir Roderick and the Dowager Lady Chuffnell in Chapter 15?
5. What state does Bertie find Brinkley in when he returns home in Chapter 13?
6. What do Sir Roderick and Bertie have in common in Chapter 16?
7. How does Seabury intend to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
8. What does Bertie see as he observes the Dower House?
9. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
10. What does Jeeves say is on Lady Chuffnell's mind in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are some examples of when Wooster depends on his friends to help him? Do the friends ever cause trouble? How does Wooster help his friends?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)