|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bertie return to his cottage in Chapter 13?
2. Why is Chuffy happy that Mr. Stoker's inheritance is being contested?
3. Who does Bertie encounter while waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
4. Who does Jeeves say has argued in Chapter 15?
5. What does Sir Roderick offer Bertie when they encounter each other in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
2. What does Jeeves say is on Lady Chuffnell's mind in Chapter 17?
3. What state does Bertie find Brinkley in when he returns home in Chapter 13?
4. What does Jeeves report he was able to set the record straight about in Chapter 11?
5. What causes a fight between Sir Roderick and the Dowager Lady Chuffnell in Chapter 15?
6. Why does Bertie break into Chuffy's office in Chapter 17?
7. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
8. How does Mr. Stoker react to Pauline and Chuffy's announcement that they intend to marry?
9. What does Bertie see as he observes the Dower House?
10. What does Jeeves tell Bertie about Sir Roderick and Seabury in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives who and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of money in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". What role does money and wealth play in the novel? How does money cause problems for the protagonists and secondary characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss love and romance in the novel. Is romance and love often a focus of the novel? Who are some of the romantic pairings in the novel? Does Wodehouse tell the romantic storylines in a humorous tone or a serious tone?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)