|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker invite Bertie to his yacht in Chapter 11?
2. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
3. What does Sir Roderick look like when he storms out of the house in Chapter 15?
4. How is Bertie's night of sleep described in Chapter 17?
5. Who has given Mr. Stoker a black eye in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
2. What causes a fight between Sir Roderick and the Dowager Lady Chuffnell in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
4. How does Mr. Stoker react to Pauline and Chuffy's announcement that they intend to marry?
5. Why does Bertie set about sneaking out of his cottage in Chapter 13?
6. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
7. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
8. What do Sir Roderick and Bertie have in common in Chapter 16?
9. What does Jeeves tell Bertie about Sir Roderick and Seabury in Chapter 15?
10. Where does Bertie go after he runs away from the cottage in Chapter 13? Where does he end up hiding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of "Thank You, Jeeves". What genre is it and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss irony in "Thank You, Jeeves". What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)