|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeeves instruct Bertie to do after getting him off the yacht?
2. While on the yacht, what do Mr. Stoker and Bertie do?
3. Where did Seabury get the idea for his method of revenge?
4. Where does Bertie learn Mr. Stoker found Pauline the previous night?
5. Who does Bertie encounter while waiting for Jeeves in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
2. What does Jeeves say is on Lady Chuffnell's mind in Chapter 17?
3. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
4. What does Bertie see as he observes the Dower House?
5. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
6. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
7. What does Jeeves tell Bertie about Sir Roderick and Seabury in Chapter 15?
8. What do Sir Roderick and Bertie have in common in Chapter 16?
9. How does Seabury intend to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
10. Why is Mr. Stoker unhappy when he hears his uncle's will is being contested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Wodehouse's use of the plot device deus ex machina. Which stories contain this technique? Why might Wodehouse have used this technique? How does this plot device affect the tone and pace of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of "Thank You, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this book a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)