|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker think Pauline and Bertie were having a tryst on the night he went looking for her?
2. What is Brinkley doing when Bertie encounters him at the cottage?
3. What was thrown at Mr. Stoker to give him a black eye?
4. What does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker asked him about in Chapter 11?
5. Where does Jeeves tell Bertie to sleep for the night in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
2. What causes a fight between Sir Roderick and the Dowager Lady Chuffnell in Chapter 15?
3. What does Jeeves say is on Lady Chuffnell's mind in Chapter 17?
4. How does Jeeves intend to sneak Bertie off the yacht in Chapter 12?
5. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie might go to clean their faces and spend the night? Why does Bertie refuse to go with Sir Roderick?
6. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
7. What does Jeeves report he was able to set the record straight about in Chapter 11?
8. What does Jeeves tell Bertie about Sir Roderick and Seabury in Chapter 15?
9. What do Sir Roderick and Bertie have in common in Chapter 16?
10. What state does Bertie find Brinkley in when he returns home in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the schemes which take place in the novel. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Are these schemes presented in a humorous tone? Why might Wodehouse have presented these schemes in such a manner?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss love and romance in the novel. Is romance and love often a focus of the novel? Who are some of the romantic pairings in the novel? Does Wodehouse tell the romantic storylines in a humorous tone or a serious tone?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the secondary characters in the novel. What are some similarities and differences amongst the characters? Does Wodehouse pay particular attention to the secondary characters? If so, which ones and why?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)