|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bertie end up staying the night in Chapter 16?
2. What does Jeeves announce has been delivered for Mr. Stoker?
3. What does Sir Roderick look like when he storms out of the house in Chapter 15?
4. Why does Mr. Stoker think Pauline and Bertie were having a tryst on the night he went looking for her?
5. While on the yacht, what do Mr. Stoker and Bertie do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What state does Bertie find Brinkley in when he returns home in Chapter 13?
2. What does Mr. Stoker do to Bertie after they have dinner together in Chapter 11?
3. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
4. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he will not be able to provide at the end of Chapter 15?
5. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
6. Why does Bertie break into Chuffy's office in Chapter 17?
7. Where does Bertie go after he runs away from the cottage in Chapter 13? Where does he end up hiding?
8. How does Jeeves intend to sneak Bertie off the yacht in Chapter 12?
9. What does Jeeves report he was able to set the record straight about in Chapter 11?
10. How does Mr. Stoker react to Pauline and Chuffy's announcement that they intend to marry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss love and romance in the novel. Is romance and love often a focus of the novel? Who are some of the romantic pairings in the novel? Does Wodehouse tell the romantic storylines in a humorous tone or a serious tone?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of "Thank You, Jeeves", P.G. Wodehouse. How is this book a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the novel? How does he affect the tone and plot of the novel?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)