|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the location Jeeves directs Bertie to go to in Chapter 16?
2. What does Jeeves say Mr. Stoker asked him about in Chapter 11?
3. What is the title of Chapter 19?
4. What does Sir Roderick hope to use to clean his face in Chapter 16?
5. While on the yacht, what do Mr. Stoker and Bertie do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Stoker unhappy when he hears his uncle's will is being contested?
2. What does Jeeves report he was able to set the record straight about in Chapter 11?
3. How does Chuffy feel when he hears Mr. Stoker's will is being contested?
4. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
5. Why is Chapter 20 titled, "Jeeves Has News"?
6. What causes a fight between Sir Roderick and the Dowager Lady Chuffnell in Chapter 15?
7. What does Jeeves say is on Lady Chuffnell's mind in Chapter 17?
8. Why does Bertie break into Chuffy's office in Chapter 17?
9. How does Jeeves intend to sneak Bertie off the yacht in Chapter 12?
10. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie might go to clean their faces and spend the night? Why does Bertie refuse to go with Sir Roderick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of "Thank You, Jeeves". What genre is it and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss humor in "Thank You, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his work in the same humorous manner?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss love and romance in the novel. Is romance and love often a focus of the novel? Who are some of the romantic pairings in the novel? Does Wodehouse tell the romantic storylines in a humorous tone or a serious tone?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)