|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bertie refuse Sir Roderick's suggestion for where they can spend the night?
2. What is the title of Chapter 20?
3. Where does Bertie end up staying the night in Chapter 16?
4. Who reconciles at the end of Chapter 18?
5. What does Brinkley attack Bertie with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
2. What do Bertie, Pauline and Chuffy discuss in the office in Chapter 19?
3. What does Bertie see as he observes the Dower House?
4. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie might go to clean their faces and spend the night? Why does Bertie refuse to go with Sir Roderick?
5. What does Jeeves say is on Lady Chuffnell's mind in Chapter 17?
6. How does Chuffy feel when he hears Mr. Stoker's will is being contested?
7. What does Jeeves report he was able to set the record straight about in Chapter 11?
8. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
9. How does Seabury intend to get revenge on Sir Roderick?
10. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the novel? How does he affect the tone and plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss humor in "Thank You, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his work in the same humorous manner?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)