|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeeves instruct Bertie to do after getting him off the yacht?
2. Why does Mr. Stoker want Bertie to marry Pauline?
3. Where does Mr. Stoker lock Bertie?
4. How does Sir Roderick punish Seabury for his revenge?
5. Why does Bertie refuse Sir Roderick's suggestion for where they can spend the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Stoker react to Pauline and Chuffy's announcement that they intend to marry?
2. What does Jeeves tell Bertie about Sir Roderick and Seabury in Chapter 15?
3. How does Jeeves intend to sneak Bertie off the yacht in Chapter 12?
4. How does Chuffy feel when he hears Mr. Stoker's will is being contested?
5. What does Jeeves report he was able to set the record straight about in Chapter 11?
6. Why does Mr. Stoker want Pauline and Bertie to marry in Chapter 12?
7. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie might go to clean their faces and spend the night? Why does Bertie refuse to go with Sir Roderick?
8. Where does Bertie go after he runs away from the cottage in Chapter 13? Where does he end up hiding?
9. What does Mr. Stoker do to Bertie after they have dinner together in Chapter 11?
10. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of social class in the book. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss humor in "Thank You, Jeeves". How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Does Wodehouse approach all of his work in the same humorous manner?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the schemes which take place in the novel. Which characters plan and act out schemes? Are these schemes presented in a humorous tone? Why might Wodehouse have presented these schemes in such a manner?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)