|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the location Jeeves directs Bertie to go to in Chapter 16?
2. Where does Jeeves send Mr. Stoker to look for Bertie?
3. What does Brinkley do just as Bertie runs away to Chuffnell Hall?
4. Who is inclined to ignore Seabury's revenge on Sir Roderick?
5. What was thrown at Mr. Stoker to give him a black eye?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie set about sneaking out of his cottage in Chapter 13?
2. What does Mr. Stoker accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 18? How does Jeeves defend his actions?
3. Where did Mr. Stoker end up finding his daughter on the night she slipped off the yacht?
4. How does Chuffy feel when he hears Mr. Stoker's will is being contested?
5. What causes a fight between Sir Roderick and the Dowager Lady Chuffnell in Chapter 15?
6. What does Jeeves say is on Lady Chuffnell's mind in Chapter 17?
7. Where does Sir Roderick suggest he and Bertie might go to clean their faces and spend the night? Why does Bertie refuse to go with Sir Roderick?
8. What does Jeeves tell Bertie he will not be able to provide at the end of Chapter 15?
9. Why is Mr. Stoker unhappy when he hears his uncle's will is being contested?
10. How does Jeeves intend to sneak Bertie off the yacht in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wodehouse often uses misunderstandings in a comedic manner. Discuss the misunderstanding in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". How do they create a comedic tone? Are they always resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of money in the novel "Thank You, Jeeves". What role does money and wealth play in the novel? How does money cause problems for the protagonists and secondary characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss love and romance in the novel. Is romance and love often a focus of the novel? Who are some of the romantic pairings in the novel? Does Wodehouse tell the romantic storylines in a humorous tone or a serious tone?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)