• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Finkel, David. Thank You for Your Service. Sarah Crichton Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2013.
• In the Prologue Adam’s final deployment changes how he feels about war.
• He goes from a typical deployment to wanting to die in battle, like so many of his friends.
• No one realized that Adam was struggling until he sought help.
• He flew away in a special Red Cross helicopter.
• Before he came home, his wife tells him that she is scared of what he might do.
• In Chapter 1, Adam has been home for two years.
• He agrees to help his wife with their four-day-old baby, but he nods off and drops the baby.
• Saskia screams and rushes to grab the crying baby.
• Adam wishes that she would forgive him, but she does not.
• Adam goes for a drive...
This section contains 6,887 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)