|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Naylor suspect BR wants to do with his job?
(a) Give it to an ambitious colleague.
(b) Do away with it.
(c) Outsource it to a consultancy.
(d) Take it for himself.
2. In Chapter 9, what words does Heather use to describe Nick's assertion that he works for tobacco to pay the rent?
(a) Aww-shucks rationalization.
(b) Fantastical disassociation.
(c) The moral equivalency principle.
(d) Yuppie Nuremberg defense.
3. How does Nick characterize the money to Lorne Lutch in Chapter 18?
(a) A salary.
(b) An investment.
(c) A bribe.
(d) A gift.
4. On Nick's flight to LA in Chapter 17, who makes a nasty comment to him?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) A producer.
(c) A Senator.
(d) A general.
5. In Chapter 13, what is every member of the Academy told they will have to attend?
(a) A self-defense class.
(b) An anti-terrorism retreat.
(c) A Nick Naylor interview retrospective.
(d) A press interaction seminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two talking points does Naylor cite in Chapter 1's call to a dubious periodical?
2. From what state is the caller who announces he will kill Nick Naylor in Chapter 8?
3. What cryptic comment does Gomez O'Neal make to Nick at the end of Chapter 13?
4. At the end of Chapter 4, BR asks Naylor to mention what on Oprah?
5. Why did Polly Bailey move from a Representative's office to the Moderation Council?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)