|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Heather say attracts her to Nick?
(a) His absence of morality.
(b) His gift for rationalization.
(c) His preternatural cool.
(d) The way he smokes.
2. What fictional newspaper does Heather Holloway work for?
(a) Washington Courier.
(b) Washington Moon.
(c) Washington Dealer.
(d) Washington Sentinel.
3. According to the cardiologist in Chapter 12, why did Nick survive the massive dose of nicotine?
(a) He was wearing sun tan lotion.
(b) He had too much coffee in his system.
(c) He is a heavy smoker.
(d) He was medicated with pain killers.
4. What two talking points does Naylor cite in Chapter 1's call to a dubious periodical?
(a) Divergent medical opinions and anti-industry bias.
(b) Insufficient test groups and foregone conclusions.
(c) Poorly-trained researchers and poorly-worded surveys.
(d) Hidden health benefits and internal corruption.
5. With what television journalist does Polly have an interview regarding fetal alcohol syndrome in Chapter 7?
(a) Mike Wallace.
(b) Diane Sawyer.
(c) Tim Russert.
(d) Barbara Walters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many nicotine patches are put on Nick's body in Chapter 11?
2. What request does Reverend Griggs make of Naylor in Chapter 10?
3. What is Gazelle's position at the Academy?
4. In what city does Nick Naylor live?
5. Which John Wayne film does Naylor and his son watch at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)