|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event prompted Bliss to join the military in the 1960's?
(a) The Kent State shootings.
(c) The assassination of Robert Kennedy.
(d) The Tet Offensive.
2. What two talking points does Naylor cite in Chapter 1's call to a dubious periodical?
(a) Hidden health benefits and internal corruption.
(b) Divergent medical opinions and anti-industry bias.
(c) Poorly-trained researchers and poorly-worded surveys.
(d) Insufficient test groups and foregone conclusions.
3. Where does the Captain recommend Nick go as soon as possible in Chapter 9?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What is the topic of the story of the audience member who interrupts Nick Naylor at the conference in the Prologue?
(a) A friend who lost a jaw from chewing tobacco.
(b) Her own struggle with lung disease.
(c) A parent who had emphesema.
(d) A relative who died of lung cancer.
5. In Chapter 5, who is Naylor is seated onstage next?
(a) Gordon Craighead.
(b) A kid dying of cancer.
(d) Ron Goode.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is on the panel on which Naylor sits in the Prologue?
2. What international issue is Bailey's ex-boyfriend Hector fiercely concerned about?
3. What is St. Euthanasius?
4. What city does the Captain live and work in?
5. In Chapter 3, who asks Naylor for a meeting in two weeks?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)