|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what contention does the shooting survivor Bliss interviews make?
(a) The tragedy could be avoided if she had a gun.
(b) Guns are a blight on society.
(c) The lunatic should never have been given a license.
(d) She is a better marksman than the killer.
2. What popular television show is Naylor invited on in Chapter 3?
(c) The Tonight Show.
(d) The Maclaughlin Group.
3. What is St. Euthanasius?
(a) A DC hospital where a young boy is dying of lung cancer.
(b) The church where Nick was married.
(c) Nick's son's boarding school.
(d) Nick Naylor's alma mater.
4. In Chapter 1, how does Nick characterize JJ Hollister?
(a) A corporate hack.
(b) A belligerant drunk.
(c) A ghost of a human being.
(d) An old tobacco-man.
5. Which periodical requesting a quote from Nick Naylor in Chapter 1 annoys him?
(a) The Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) USA Today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polly Bailey say her beer wholesalers are coming to Washington to protest in Chapter 2?
2. What type of medical condition has recently been linked to smoking in Chapter 1?
3. What is Nick Naylor's title at the Academy of Tobacco Studies?
4. What does Nick Naylor always eat at the MOD Squad lunches?
5. Why did Polly Bailey move from a Representative's office to the Moderation Council?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)