|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of medical condition has recently been linked to smoking in Chapter 1?
(a) A pituitary condition.
(b) A neurological condition.
(c) A circularoty condition.
(d) A digestive condition.
2. Which of the following is an aspect that makes Polly Bailey particularly attractive?
(a) Her long legs.
(b) Her unusually large eyes.
(c) Her sexy rasp.
(d) Her curvy figure.
3. In Chapter 1, how does Nick characterize JJ Hollister?
(a) An old tobacco-man.
(b) A belligerant drunk.
(c) A ghost of a human being.
(d) A corporate hack.
4. What is St. Euthanasius?
(a) Nick Naylor's alma mater.
(b) A DC hospital where a young boy is dying of lung cancer.
(c) Nick's son's boarding school.
(d) The church where Nick was married.
5. Why did Polly Bailey move from a Representative's office to the Moderation Council?
(a) She was passed over for a promotion.
(b) She needed to make a change in her life.
(c) The Representative made a pass at her.
(d) She became disenchanted with politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversial move has Nick Naylor long been making regarding tobacco's public image?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Naylor suspect BR wants to do with his job?
3. What is the topic of the story of the audience member who interrupts Nick Naylor at the conference in the Prologue?
4. From what empire is the autocrat that Naylor cites in the prologue?
5. What does B.R. not do that is odd given his position at the Academy?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)