|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a historic event that popularized smoking cited by by Naylor in Chapter 4?
(a) World War I.
(b) Development of modern grocery stores.
(c) Air travel.
(d) The advent of television.
2. Who interviews Nick at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Katie Couric.
(b) Dan Rather.
(c) Paula Zahn.
(d) Ed Bradley.
3. In what House Committee did Polly Bailey begin her Washington, D.C. career?
(b) Ways and Means.
4. In Chapter 5, who is Naylor is seated onstage next?
(a) Gordon Craighead.
(b) A kid dying of cancer.
(c) Ron Goode.
5. What international issue is Bailey's ex-boyfriend Hector fiercely concerned about?
(a) Global warming.
(b) Debt forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event prompted Bliss to join the military in the 1960's?
2. Which governmental agency has recently released a damning report regarding second-hand smoke at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. At the end of Chapter 4, BR asks Naylor to mention what on Oprah?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does the Captain insist be done for Nick?
5. Why did Polly Bailey move from a Representative's office to the Moderation Council?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)