|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what contention does the shooting survivor Bliss interviews make?
(a) Guns are a blight on society.
(b) The tragedy could be avoided if she had a gun.
(c) The lunatic should never have been given a license.
(d) She is a better marksman than the killer.
2. What does the Captain want Lady Bents speaking against publicly in Chapter 16?
(a) Pacific trade regulations.
(b) A tobacco tariff.
(c) English pub smoking bans.
(d) Increased Canadian health regulations.
3. Who does Nick imagine making love to atop the nude tableau of Chapter 15?
(b) Polly Bailey.
(d) Heather Holloway.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Naylor suspect BR wants to do with his job?
(a) Give it to an ambitious colleague.
(b) Take it for himself.
(c) Outsource it to a consultancy.
(d) Do away with it.
5. Lady Bent is particularly well-known for holding strong against which adversaries?
(a) Tory reformers.
(b) The Welsh.
(c) The IRA.
(d) Striking coal miners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What international issue is Bailey's ex-boyfriend Hector fiercely concerned about?
2. At the end of Chapter 9, what does Heather say attracts her to Nick?
3. What plan does the Captain tell Naylor that BR has come up with in Chapter 6?
4. What is BR's reaction to Naylor's idea of reintroducing smoking in movies in Chapter 4?
5. What is Nick looking at in Chapter 15 when he imagines a vast nude tableau?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)