|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Earnshaw dies from complications following ____________________.
2. What does Earnshaw Rust's wife do?
3. The Larkins are _________________ who move onto Comanche land.
4. What year is it in Chapter XII?
5. Colonel Persifier returns to his cotton plantation in which state?
Essay Topic 1
Name at least three environmental catastrophes that plagued the Texas homesteaders. Then cite the reasons why each catastrophe was so devastating to the settlers. If there were any preventative measures employed by the settlers, state those also in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of General Santa Anna. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Why were social visits so welcome among the Texas homesteaders? What was the nature of a typical social call from one family on another? What were some of the social events held so that groups of homesteaders could meet and form friendships? What were the usual activities that would occur at these events?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)