Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
2. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
3. Who becomes the first president of Texas?
4. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
5. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the reasons for the Texas Revolution in 1836. Why was it an overwhelming loss for Texas? Who were some of the major figures fighting for Texas in the Revolution? Is their legacy worth their struggles?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how a Texas frontier town was established. Where was it most likely to be located? What were the typical establishments in a frontier town? Why were frontier towns so volatile?
Essay Topic 3
What positions, other than wife and mother, did most Texas prairie women hold? What was expected of a prairie woman by others? What expectations did she place on herself? Explain.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)