Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
2. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
3. Who becomes the first president of Texas?
4. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
5. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
Explain the value that Michener's book has for preserving the heritage and culture of Texas. What value does it have for historians and students today? What value will you take away from this literary experience? Explain.
Explain the process of breaking ground and planting crops. Which crops were experimented with by the homesteaders? Which crops became the staples for Texas homesteaders? Are those crops the primary crops for Texas yet today?
Why were social visits so welcome among the Texas homesteaders? What was the nature of a typical social call from one family on another? What were some of the social events held so that groups of homesteaders could meet and form friendships? What were the usual activities that would occur at these events?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)