Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
2. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
3. Who becomes the first president of Texas?
4. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
5. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
Explain some of the examples of regionalism found in the book. Can regionalism include more than accents and food? What else encompasses the culture and personality of a region?
Why were social visits so welcome among the Texas homesteaders? What was the nature of a typical social call from one family on another? What were some of the social events held so that groups of homesteaders could meet and form friendships? What were the usual activities that would occur at these events?
Conflict takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of much of the conflict? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)