Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
2. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
3. Who becomes the first president of Texas?
4. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
5. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the process of breaking ground and planting crops. Which crops were experimented with by the homesteaders? Which crops became the staples for Texas homesteaders? Are those crops the primary crops for Texas yet today?
Essay Topic 2
TEXAS is a classic work of historical fiction. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply TEXAS? What was he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)