|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hector Garza lives in an area where ________________ of the population is Hispanic.
2. The group that Otto now belongs to is called ____________________.
3. What year is it in Chapter XII?
4. Comanche Chief _____________ holds a war council and decides to attack the settlement in #124.
5. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
Essay Topic 1
Who was your favorite fictional character in the book? Why? Who was your favorite nonfiction person in the book? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Texas cowboys and cattle drives had a lasting impression on American culture yet they were active for only about a 20-year period. What was the purpose of a cattle drive? How was a cattle drive structured? Who were the personnel included on a cattle drive? What were the advantages and disadvantages of cattle drives to the Texas settlers?
Essay Topic 3
Explain some of the examples of regionalism found in the book. Can regionalism include more than accents and food? What else encompasses the culture and personality of a region?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)