|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. General Santa Anna began his march from Saltillo on January 26, ________________.
2. D'Zmbreuze is killed while protecting Trinidad from ______________________.
3. What starts the siege at the Alamo?
4. Benito Garza decides to side with __________________ in the revolution.
5. What do Garcilaco and his wife find of Marcos' after Marcos dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the Qimper family come from and where do they settle in Texas?
2. How does Benito help Otto prior to the prisoner executions at Goliad?
3. How does Yancey come to own the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
4. Why do Todd and Maggie Morrison move to Texas and how successful are they at adapting?
5. What Native American and island people settle in the area that is to become San Antonio?
6. How did the Indians feel about President Polk's Peace Policy?
7. What positive impact has serving on the Task Force had on Dr. Barlow?
8. What are the seven cultural inheritances that make up Texas?
9. How do the hard economic times of the early 1980s affect Texas industries?
10. Why does the speaker at the Task Force meeting think that Texas was greatly influenced by the South?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain some of the examples of regionalism found in the book. Can regionalism include more than accents and food? What else encompasses the culture and personality of a region?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity is an important theme in this book. Who were some of the people who had the strongest personalities? What were their personal codes? Which person in the book would you look up to? Who did you think was less exemplary in character? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of General Santa Anna. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
This section contains 1,463 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)