|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Garcilaco and his wife find of Marcos' after Marcos dies?
2. D'Zmbreuze is killed while protecting Trinidad from ______________________.
3. Who is the man that is summoned to the Texas governor's office?
4. What is Simon Garza's profession?
5. What do the Quimpers establish at their settlement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the reason for so many bigamist marriages in Texas?
2. What happens to Finlay McNab's first family?
3. Why does the speaker at the Task Force meeting think that Texas was greatly influenced by the South?
4. How does Benito help Otto prior to the prisoner executions at Goliad?
5. Explain the irony of Ramon's actions to keep Trinidad from Domingo Garza.
6. What are the underlying reasons for the Texas move toward independence?
7. Why do Texas oilmen get involved in politics?
8. Who was appointed the chairman of the Task Force and where were the meetings to be held?
9. Why do Todd and Maggie Morrison move to Texas and how successful are they at adapting?
10. How do Earnshaw and Emma go about building a town?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Lyndon Johnson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the process of breaking ground and planting crops. Which crops were experimented with by the homesteaders? Which crops became the staples for Texas homesteaders? Are those crops the primary crops for Texas yet today?
Essay Topic 3
Explain some of the examples of regionalism found in the book. Can regionalism include more than accents and food? What else encompasses the culture and personality of a region?
This section contains 1,523 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)