|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garcilaco loves to hear the men's stories and is interested in the Seven Cities of _________________.
2. Which location was another site of battles in the Texas revolution?
3. At Ayish Bayou, Father Clooney officiates at a _________________.
4. What river do Avara and Frey Damian cross during their inspections?
5. What is the requirement of the governor's wishes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was appointed the chairman of the Task Force and where were the meetings to be held?
2. How does the author end each chapter in the book and what topic is addressed in this chapter?
3. What happens to Finlay McNab's first family?
4. Who were the members of the governor's Task Force and why were they chosen?
5. Who is The Kronk?
6. What Native American and island people settle in the area that is to become San Antonio?
7. Explain the irony of Ramon's actions to keep Trinidad from Domingo Garza.
8. Why does Ramon want Trinidad to marry a Spaniard from Spain?
9. What are the underlying reasons for the Texas move toward independence?
10. Explain why the missions in San Antonio had to be prepared to fend off Indian attacks.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of struggle. Identify at least two instances about struggle in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the reasons for the Texas Revolution in 1836. Why was it an overwhelming loss for Texas? Who were some of the major figures fighting for Texas in the Revolution? Is their legacy worth their struggles?
Essay Topic 3
Who was your favorite fictional character in the book? Why? Who was your favorite nonfiction person in the book? Why?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)