|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a person to whom the man is introduced in the governor's office?
2. Whom does the Task Force invite to each meeting?
3. What river do Avara and Frey Damian cross during their inspections?
4. Dr. Herman Carter attends the Task Force meeting and talks about ______________________.
5. D'Zmbreuze is killed while protecting Trinidad from ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the underlying reasons for the Texas move toward independence?
2. How many sons do Benita and Alvara have and which one will become important?
3. Who were the members of the governor's Task Force and why were they chosen?
4. What are the seven cultural inheritances that make up Texas?
5. What does Ramon do when he learns that Trinidad is interested in Domingo Garza?
6. Benito sides with General Santa Anna and rides to the Alamo. What happens to start the siege there?
7. Who is Garcilaco and what is his role in Chapter I?
8. Why does following your own conscience regarding a rebellion create such conflict among friends and family?
9. How does Benito help Otto prior to the prisoner executions at Goliad?
10. What does Garcilaco decide after traveling and listening to the stories of Cabeza and Esteban?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Texas cowboys and cattle drives had a lasting impression on American culture yet they were active for only about a 20-year period. What was the purpose of a cattle drive? How was a cattle drive structured? Who were the personnel included on a cattle drive? What were the advantages and disadvantages of cattle drives to the Texas settlers?
Essay Topic 2
What positions, other than wife and mother, did most Texas prairie women hold? What was expected of a prairie woman by others? What expectations did she place on herself? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the drive it took to be a Texas homesteader. What did it require? Who were the best candidates for homesteading?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)