|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Task Force held in October of 1983 discusses which subject?
2. Why is the man who is visiting the governor in Texas?
3. What starts the siege at the Alamo?
4. Ramon is the owner of El Codo, located outside ____________________.
5. The requirement of Mexican law to get land resulted in many ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the underlying reasons for the Texas move toward independence?
2. Who is Finlay McNab and how did he come to settle in Texas?
3. Explain the irony of Ramon's actions to keep Trinidad from Domingo Garza.
4. How does Benito help Otto prior to the prisoner executions at Goliad?
5. What does Garcilaco decide after traveling and listening to the stories of Cabeza and Esteban?
6. How old is Ramon in Chapter III and who is his only remaining family member?
7. Why does Ramon want Trinidad to marry a Spaniard from Spain?
8. Who were the members of the governor's Task Force and why were they chosen?
9. Benito sides with General Santa Anna and rides to the Alamo. What happens to start the siege there?
10. Which women do Zave Campbell and Finlay McNab marry in Texas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the reasons for the Texas Revolution in 1836. Why was it an overwhelming loss for Texas? Who were some of the major figures fighting for Texas in the Revolution? Is their legacy worth their struggles?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how a Texas frontier town was established. Where was it most likely to be located? What were the typical establishments in a frontier town? Why were frontier towns so volatile?
Essay Topic 3
Why were social visits so welcome among the Texas homesteaders? What was the nature of a typical social call from one family on another? What were some of the social events held so that groups of homesteaders could meet and form friendships? What were the usual activities that would occur at these events?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)