|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a person to whom the man is introduced in the governor's office?
2. When did the Franciscans build a teaching center?
3. Which of the following do Mordecai and Amalia Marr NOT meet at the Alamo?
4. What starts the siege at the Alamo?
5. Finlay learns that he must ___________________ and get married in order to obtain land.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Methodist Qimpers experience religious conflict when settling in Texas?
2. How does the author end each chapter in the book and what topic is addressed in this chapter?
3. Which women do Zave Campbell and Finlay McNab marry in Texas?
4. Explain the irony of Ramon's actions to keep Trinidad from Domingo Garza.
5. Who were the members of the governor's Task Force and why were they chosen?
6. Who is The Kronk?
7. Explain why the missions in San Antonio had to be prepared to fend off Indian attacks.
8. What does Jubal Qimper establish at the Brazos River?
9. Why does following your own conscience regarding a rebellion create such conflict among friends and family?
10. What are the underlying reasons for the Texas move toward independence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were social visits so welcome among the Texas homesteaders? What was the nature of a typical social call from one family on another? What were some of the social events held so that groups of homesteaders could meet and form friendships? What were the usual activities that would occur at these events?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Lyndon Johnson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
TEXAS is a classic work of historical fiction. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)