|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a person to whom the man is introduced in the governor's office?
2. Whom does the Task Force invite to each meeting?
3. Who kills Ramon?
4. What is a mestizo?
5. The requirement of Mexican law to get land resulted in many ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How many sons do Benita and Alvara have and which one will become important?
2. Who were the members of the governor's Task Force and why were they chosen?
3. Why has the Governor of Texas put together a Task Force?
4. Why does following your own conscience regarding a rebellion create such conflict among friends and family?
5. Who is The Kronk?
6. How old is Ramon in Chapter III and who is his only remaining family member?
7. What does Ramon do when he learns that Trinidad is interested in Domingo Garza?
8. What does Jubal Qimper establish at the Brazos River?
9. What are the seven cultural inheritances that make up Texas?
10. What does Garcilaco decide after traveling and listening to the stories of Cabeza and Esteban?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Lyndon Johnson. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What motivated him throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
Name at least three environmental catastrophes that plagued the Texas homesteaders. Then cite the reasons why each catastrophe was so devastating to the settlers. If there were any preventative measures employed by the settlers, state those also in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Who was your favorite fictional character in the book? Why? Who was your favorite nonfiction person in the book? Why?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)