|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Persifier's brother?
2. Colonel Persifier returns to his cotton plantation in which state?
3. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
4. Why does Laurel face trial within his church?
(a) He has taken money from the church coffers.
(b) He is accused of encouraging women to dance.
(c) He has been seen with another man's wife.
(d) He does not make his children attend church services.
5. What does Santa Anna do with the money given to him by the U.S. government?
(a) Develops an army.
(b) Builds fortresses along the Rio Grande.
(c) Retires to Rio de Janeiro.
(d) Buys jewels and art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Earnshaw Rust's wife do?
2. The Rust settlement gives the remaining Comanches permission to hunt ________________.
3. The Ku Klux Klan appears in Larken County in December of what year?
4. What is the name of the town that Earnshaw and Emma establish?
5. Which one of the Allerkamp daughters does Otto McNab marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the first residents of Fort Sam Garner and why do they want to develop a town?
2. How do Agent Talbot's feelings about Muzquiz' immigration different from how he feels about El Lobo?
3. Why do the Cobb women not tell their slaves about the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863?
4. How did the U.S. troops finally get the Indians to move to the reservation?
5. Why does the speaker at the Task Force meeting think that Texas was greatly influenced by the South?
6. What is Benito Garza's opinion of the Mexican War and why would he feel this way?
7. What was the purpose of the Peace Policy instituted by President Polk in 1869?
8. How does Yancey come to own the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
9. What role does slavery play in Texas prior to the Civil War?
10. Why do so many people seem to move to Texas between 1928 and 1968? Who are two famous political men who came from Texas?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)