|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the Rusks money to pay the bank when they can't make a mortgage payment?
2. Comanche Chief _____________ holds a war council and decides to attack the settlement in #124.
(b) Red Cloud.
3. How do the army troops force the Indians to surrender and move to the reservations?
(a) They kill off their animals.
(b) They force them at gunpoint.
(c) They begin to poison them.
(d) They burn their encampments.
4. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
(b) Boot making.
5. The Ku Klux Klan appears in Larken County in December of what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Benito Garza during a raid on his ranch in Mexico?
2. The capital of Texas moved to _____________ in 1839.
3. Why does Laurel face trial within his church?
4. Who is one of the Ku Klux Klan leaders in Larkin County?
5. Where is Santa Anna living in exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What law enforcement group does Otto join and whom is he supposed to capture?
2. What responsibilities does Earnshaw assume for the town and what is it eventually named?
3. How does Yancey come to own the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
4. Why does Laurel Cobb have to face trial within the church?
5. Why do so many people seem to move to Texas between 1928 and 1968? Who are two famous political men who came from Texas?
6. Why do Todd and Maggie Morrison move to Texas and how successful are they at adapting?
7. When does the Ku Klux Klan appear in Larkin County and which groups of people are most affected by their presence?
8. How does General Santa Anna deceive the U.S. government through a deal with the Polk administration?
9. Why do new Texas residents like Persifier and Somerset Cobb decide to side with the South in the Civil War?
10. Who are the first residents of Fort Sam Garner and why do they want to develop a town?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)