|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man, who was caught in 1961 trying to illegally cross the border, manages to cross the U.S. Border again and lives in which Texas community?
(b) El Paso.
2. Benito Garza becomes a ___________________.
3. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
4. What is Earnshaw Rusk's job?
(a) To get the Indians to move to reservations.
(b) To educate the Indians.
(c) To annihilate the Indians.
(d) To convert the Indians to Judaism.
5. The Mexican army retreats after a few battles at ___________________.
(a) San Antonio.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Vera Cruz.
(d) Buena Vista.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black men in the army unit are known as __________________.
2. Otto joins a police-like unit called a/an ________________________.
3. The Larkins are _________________ who move onto Comanche land.
4. Soon after Texas becomes a state, the ____________________ occurs from 1846-1848.
5. Which Texan becomes both Vice President and President of the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Cobb women not tell their slaves about the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863?
2. How do Earnshaw and Emma go about building a town?
3. What year is it in Chapter XII and what is the composition of Texas rural areas to city areas?
4. When does the Ku Klux Klan appear in Larkin County and which groups of people are most affected by their presence?
5. How do Agent Talbot's feelings about Muzquiz' immigration different from how he feels about El Lobo?
6. How does General Santa Anna deceive the U.S. government through a deal with the Polk administration?
7. Who is named the first U.S. Indian Agent?
8. How did the U.S. troops finally get the Indians to move to the reservation?
9. What would account for the brutality of the Texans during the Mexican War?
10. What is Benito Garza's opinion of the Mexican War and why would he feel this way?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)