|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man who would take pregnant women across the border into the U.S. so their child would be born an American citizen?
(a) El Lobo.
(b) El Loco.
(c) El Santo.
(d) El Godo.
2. The colonel assigned to Fort Sam Garner and his men rescue _________________ who had been captured by the Indians.
(a) Cecile Markham.
(b) Justine Mallory.
(c) Emma Larkin.
(d) Elaine Martin.
3. Earnshaw Rusk is a Quaker from which state?
4. Captain George Reed is sent to erect a fort which is then named _______________________.
(a) Fort George Reed.
(b) Fort Reeves.
(c) Fort Grant.
(d) Fort Sam Garner.
5. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
(b) Boll weevils.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
2. What is the name of the town that Earnshaw and Emma establish?
3. Earnshaw dies from complications following ____________________.
4. Where do Sett and Lissa purchase land in Texas?
5. The man, who was caught in 1961 trying to illegally cross the border, manages to cross the U.S. Border again and lives in which Texas community?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the speaker at the Task Force meeting think that Texas was greatly influenced by the South?
2. Who are the first residents of Fort Sam Garner and why do they want to develop a town?
3. Explain the situation of illegal alien Eloy Muzquiz and his attempts to immigrate to Texas.
4. Why do the Cobb women not tell their slaves about the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863?
5. How did the Indians feel about President Polk's Peace Policy?
6. What is Benito Garza's opinion of the Mexican War and why would he feel this way?
7. What year is it in Chapter XII and what is the composition of Texas rural areas to city areas?
8. Why do so many people seem to move to Texas between 1928 and 1968? Who are two famous political men who came from Texas?
9. Why does Laurel Cobb have to face trial within the church?
10. Who is named the first U.S. Indian Agent?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)