|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Indians were responsible for mass burning and killing at San Antonio?
2. How is Franza's brother, Theo, killed during a visit to see him in Indianola?
(b) A hurricane strike.
(c) An Apache raid.
3. Hector Garza lives in an area where ________________ of the population is Hispanic.
4. Where is Santa Anna living in exile?
5. Captain George Reed is sent to erect a fort which is then named _______________________.
(a) Fort Sam Garner.
(b) Fort George Reed.
(c) Fort Reeves.
(d) Fort Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which general is sent to Texas to protect the Texas border?
2. Who gives the Rusks money to pay the bank when they can't make a mortgage payment?
3. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
4. With whom does Otto decide to work together?
5. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the first residents of Fort Sam Garner and why do they want to develop a town?
2. Who is R.J. Poteet and what role does he play in the new town?
3. What responsibilities does Earnshaw assume for the town and what is it eventually named?
4. Why do Todd and Maggie Morrison move to Texas and how successful are they at adapting?
5. How does Yancey come to own the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
6. What is Benito Garza's opinion of the Mexican War and why would he feel this way?
7. How did the U.S. troops finally get the Indians to move to the reservation?
8. What law enforcement group does Otto join and whom is he supposed to capture?
9. How do Earnshaw and Emma go about building a town?
10. What time period does Chapter VII cover?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)