|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Earnshaw Rust's wife do?
(a) Delivers babies as a midwife.
(b) Works as a rancher.
(c) Tames and sells wild horses.
(d) Teaches Indian children how to speak English.
2. Which of the following is NOT in the same unit serving under General Lee?
3. What does Santa Anna do with the money given to him by the U.S. government?
(a) Develops an army.
(b) Builds fortresses along the Rio Grande.
(c) Retires to Rio de Janeiro.
(d) Buys jewels and art.
4. Which of the following groups is NOT welcome in Larkin County after the arrival of the Ku Klux Klan?
5. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
(a) Ben Talbot.
(b) Jack Murray.
(c) Chris Miller.
(d) Bill Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Otto learns that Franza's brother has been trying to negotiate peace with the _________________ Indians.
2. The Texas War for Independence ends with Santa Anna ______________________.
3. Colonel Persifier ______________ decides to leave the army after the Mexican War.
4. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
5. Who is Laurel Cobb's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Indians feel about President Polk's Peace Policy?
2. What role does slavery play in Texas prior to the Civil War?
3. Why do so many people seem to move to Texas between 1928 and 1968? Who are two famous political men who came from Texas?
4. How do Agent Talbot's feelings about Muzquiz' immigration different from how he feels about El Lobo?
5. Who is R.J. Poteet and what role does he play in the new town?
6. How does General Santa Anna deceive the U.S. government through a deal with the Polk administration?
7. Why do the Cobb women not tell their slaves about the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863?
8. When does the Ku Klux Klan appear in Larkin County and which groups of people are most affected by their presence?
9. What is Benito Garza's opinion of the Mexican War and why would he feel this way?
10. What was the purpose of the Peace Policy instituted by President Polk in 1869?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)