|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
(a) Bill Weston.
(b) Ben Talbot.
(c) Chris Miller.
(d) Jack Murray.
2. The Mexican army retreats after a few battles at ___________________.
(a) San Diego.
(b) Vera Cruz.
(c) San Antonio.
(d) Buena Vista.
3. Why does Yancey Quimper withdraw from the political race?
(a) He has family obligations to tend to.
(b) Earnshaw Rusk exposes his fraud.
(c) He buys a new ranch instead.
(d) He is injured and cannot serve.
4. Who is Persifier's brother?
5. Yancey leads a movement to make ________________ a slave state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
2. What do Laurel and his wife open in Waxahachie?
3. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
4. When the Klan whips a man named __________________, he visits Floyd Rusk the next day.
5. Who is Laurel Cobb's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation of illegal alien Eloy Muzquiz and his attempts to immigrate to Texas.
2. How do Earnshaw and Emma go about building a town?
3. When does the Ku Klux Klan appear in Larkin County and which groups of people are most affected by their presence?
4. Why do so many people seem to move to Texas between 1928 and 1968? Who are two famous political men who came from Texas?
5. How did the U.S. troops finally get the Indians to move to the reservation?
6. How does Yancey come to own the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
7. Why does the speaker at the Task Force meeting think that Texas was greatly influenced by the South?
8. What time period does Chapter VII cover?
9. How does General Santa Anna deceive the U.S. government through a deal with the Polk administration?
10. How do Agent Talbot's feelings about Muzquiz' immigration different from how he feels about El Lobo?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)