|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
2. Why does Yancey Quimper withdraw from the political race?
(a) He has family obligations to tend to.
(b) He is injured and cannot serve.
(c) Earnshaw Rusk exposes his fraud.
(d) He buys a new ranch instead.
3. With whom does Otto decide to work together?
(a) Marvin Ables.
(b) Michael Arbor.
(c) Martin Ascot.
(d) Marcus Astin.
4. Who is the man who would take pregnant women across the border into the U.S. so their child would be born an American citizen?
(a) El Lobo.
(b) El Santo.
(c) El Loco.
(d) El Godo.
5. The group that Otto now belongs to is called ____________________.
(a) The Texas Diplomats.
(b) The Texas Cowboys.
(c) The Texas Rangers.
(d) The Texas Stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Colonel Persifier ______________ decides to leave the army after the Mexican War.
2. Where do Sett and Lissa purchase land in Texas?
3. Yancey gives himself the military title of __________________.
4. Which Indians were responsible for mass burning and killing at San Antonio?
5. Which of the following groups is NOT welcome in Larkin County after the arrival of the Ku Klux Klan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation of illegal alien Eloy Muzquiz and his attempts to immigrate to Texas.
2. What years did the Mexican War take place and why is there such lingering hatred between the Texans and Mexicans at this time?
3. What role does slavery play in Texas prior to the Civil War?
4. Why does the Republic of Texas come to an end and on what date does that occur?
5. Why do new Texas residents like Persifier and Somerset Cobb decide to side with the South in the Civil War?
6. What was the purpose of the Peace Policy instituted by President Polk in 1869?
7. How did the U.S. troops finally get the Indians to move to the reservation?
8. How do Agent Talbot's feelings about Muzquiz' immigration different from how he feels about El Lobo?
9. Why does Laurel Cobb have to face trial within the church?
10. How do Earnshaw and Emma go about building a town?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)