|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benito Garza becomes a ___________________.
2. Why does Laurel face trial within his church?
(a) He does not make his children attend church services.
(b) He has taken money from the church coffers.
(c) He is accused of encouraging women to dance.
(d) He has been seen with another man's wife.
3. Who is Laurel Cobb's wife?
(a) Sue Beth.
(b) Jo Ellen.
(d) Maggie Su.
4. Which Indians were responsible for mass burning and killing at San Antonio?
5. How many slaves do Persifier and Tessa Mae give to Sett and Lissa when they leave for Texas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT in the same unit serving under General Lee?
2. Why does Yancey Quimper withdraw from the political race?
3. Black men in the army unit are known as __________________.
4. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
5. The man, who was caught in 1961 trying to illegally cross the border, manages to cross the U.S. Border again and lives in which Texas community?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does General Santa Anna deceive the U.S. government through a deal with the Polk administration?
2. What responsibilities does Earnshaw assume for the town and what is it eventually named?
3. What law enforcement group does Otto join and whom is he supposed to capture?
4. Who is R.J. Poteet and what role does he play in the new town?
5. How did the U.S. troops finally get the Indians to move to the reservation?
6. What year is it in Chapter XII and what is the composition of Texas rural areas to city areas?
7. What role does slavery play in Texas prior to the Civil War?
8. Why do the Cobb women not tell their slaves about the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863?
9. Why does the Republic of Texas come to an end and on what date does that occur?
10. How do Earnshaw and Emma go about building a town?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)