|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Somersett Cobb is running against Yancey Quimper for which political office?
(c) U.S. Senator.
2. Who was one of the Mexican men who illegally crossed the U.S. border in 1961?
(a) Eloy Muzquiz.
(b) Adolfo Garcia.
(c) Paulo Gonzalez.
(d) Estefan Merengue.
3. What is the name of the town that Earnshaw and Emma establish?
4. Why can Benito not inherit the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
(a) He already owns the land.
(b) He is already dead.
(c) He was written out of the will.
(d) He is an enemy of the nation.
5. Hector Garza lives in an area where ________________ of the population is Hispanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Comanche Chief _____________ holds a war council and decides to attack the settlement in #124.
2. Which general is sent to Texas to protect the Texas border?
3. Which Texan becomes both Vice President and President of the United States?
4. In Chapter XII, what is the largest city in Texas?
5. What does Earnshaw Rust's wife do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Kimbro and what unlikely partnership does he enter into with Floyd Rusk?
2. How does General Santa Anna deceive the U.S. government through a deal with the Polk administration?
3. How did the U.S. troops finally get the Indians to move to the reservation?
4. What years did the Mexican War take place and why is there such lingering hatred between the Texans and Mexicans at this time?
5. How did the Indians feel about President Polk's Peace Policy?
6. Explain the situation of illegal alien Eloy Muzquiz and his attempts to immigrate to Texas.
7. How does Yancey come to own the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
8. When does the Ku Klux Klan appear in Larkin County and which groups of people are most affected by their presence?
9. What would account for the brutality of the Texans during the Mexican War?
10. What was the purpose of the Peace Policy instituted by President Polk in 1869?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)