|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sett and Lissa purchase land in Texas?
2. Which Indians were responsible for mass burning and killing at San Antonio?
3. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
4. Otto joins a police-like unit called a/an ________________________.
(a) Legal company.
(b) Ranging company.
(c) Tracker company.
(d) Equine company.
5. Why does Yancey Quimper withdraw from the political race?
(a) Earnshaw Rusk exposes his fraud.
(b) He is injured and cannot serve.
(c) He has family obligations to tend to.
(d) He buys a new ranch instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in Chapter XII?
2. Captain George Reed is sent to erect a fort which is then named _______________________.
3. What does Earnshaw Rust's wife do?
4. Comanche Chief _____________ holds a war council and decides to attack the settlement in #124.
5. How many slaves do Persifier and Tessa Mae give to Sett and Lissa when they leave for Texas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What responsibilities does Earnshaw assume for the town and what is it eventually named?
2. What was the purpose of the Peace Policy instituted by President Polk in 1869?
3. Who is Kimbro and what unlikely partnership does he enter into with Floyd Rusk?
4. What role does slavery play in Texas prior to the Civil War?
5. Why does the speaker at the Task Force meeting think that Texas was greatly influenced by the South?
6. Why do Todd and Maggie Morrison move to Texas and how successful are they at adapting?
7. How did the Indians feel about President Polk's Peace Policy?
8. Why do so many people seem to move to Texas between 1928 and 1968? Who are two famous political men who came from Texas?
9. Why do the Cobb women not tell their slaves about the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863?
10. Why does the Republic of Texas come to an end and on what date does that occur?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)