|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laurel face trial within his church?
(a) He does not make his children attend church services.
(b) He is accused of encouraging women to dance.
(c) He has taken money from the church coffers.
(d) He has been seen with another man's wife.
2. Which Texan becomes both Vice President and President of the United States?
(a) Hubert Humphrey.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) George McGovern.
(d) Richard Nixon.
3. Texans Cactus John Garner and ____________________ both become Speakers of the House.
(a) George Bush.
(b) Sam Rayburn.
(c) Harley Hatton.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
4. Who is Laurel Cobb's wife?
(a) Jo Ellen.
(b) Maggie Su.
(c) Sue Beth.
5. Earnshaw Rusk is a Quaker from which state?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Otto in Chapter VII?
2. What does Santa Anna do with the money given to him by the U.S. government?
3. Colonel ___________________ is assigned to Fort Sam Garner and leads several raids against the Comanche Indians.
4. Why does Yancey Quimper withdraw from the political race?
5. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)