|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Persifier's brother?
2. Where is Santa Anna living in exile?
3. How old is Otto in Chapter VII?
4. Soon after Texas becomes a state, the ____________________ occurs from 1846-1848.
(a) Revolutionary War.
(b) Mexican War.
(c) French and Indian War.
(d) Civil War.
5. Earnshaw dies from complications following ____________________.
(a) Being stomped by a horse.
(b) A knife wound.
(c) A near drowning.
(d) A car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
2. Captain George Reed is sent to erect a fort which is then named _______________________.
3. Benito Garza becomes a ___________________.
4. Whom does Ransom Rusk marry in Larkin?
5. Where does R.J. Poteet take horses and cattle for shipment to the East?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Indians feel about President Polk's Peace Policy?
2. Why does Laurel Cobb have to face trial within the church?
3. Explain the situation of illegal alien Eloy Muzquiz and his attempts to immigrate to Texas.
4. Who is Kimbro and what unlikely partnership does he enter into with Floyd Rusk?
5. Why does the Republic of Texas come to an end and on what date does that occur?
6. What law enforcement group does Otto join and whom is he supposed to capture?
7. Who is R.J. Poteet and what role does he play in the new town?
8. How do Earnshaw and Emma go about building a town?
9. What is Benito Garza's opinion of the Mexican War and why would he feel this way?
10. What years did the Mexican War take place and why is there such lingering hatred between the Texans and Mexicans at this time?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)