|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
(c) Boot making.
2. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
3. Who becomes the first president of Texas?
(a) Sam Houston.
(b) William Austin.
(c) John Gerard Dallas.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
4. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
(a) Chris Miller.
(b) Ben Talbot.
(c) Bill Weston.
(d) Jack Murray.
5. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
(a) California and New Mexico.
(b) California and Arizona.
(c) California and Colorado.
(d) Arizona and New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Earnshaw Rusk is a Quaker from which state?
2. Where do Sett and Lissa purchase land in Texas?
3. How do the army troops force the Indians to surrender and move to the reservations?
4. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
5. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)