|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yancey Quimper withdraw from the political race?
(a) He has family obligations to tend to.
(b) He is injured and cannot serve.
(c) He buys a new ranch instead.
(d) Earnshaw Rusk exposes his fraud.
2. Which of the following is NOT in the same unit serving under General Lee?
3. Why can Benito not inherit the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
(a) He already owns the land.
(b) He is an enemy of the nation.
(c) He was written out of the will.
(d) He is already dead.
4. Who becomes the first president of Texas?
(a) Sam Houston.
(b) William Austin.
(c) John Gerard Dallas.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
5. Todd Morrison becomes a multimillionaire in which industry?
(d) Real estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soon after Texas becomes a state, the ____________________ occurs from 1846-1848.
2. Who gives the Rusks money to pay the bank when they can't make a mortgage payment?
3. How many children does the man in #159 have?
4. When the Klan whips a man named __________________, he visits Floyd Rusk the next day.
5. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is R.J. Poteet and what role does he play in the new town?
2. How do Agent Talbot's feelings about Muzquiz' immigration different from how he feels about El Lobo?
3. Why do new Texas residents like Persifier and Somerset Cobb decide to side with the South in the Civil War?
4. Why does the Republic of Texas come to an end and on what date does that occur?
5. Why does the speaker at the Task Force meeting think that Texas was greatly influenced by the South?
6. How did the Indians feel about President Polk's Peace Policy?
7. What years did the Mexican War take place and why is there such lingering hatred between the Texans and Mexicans at this time?
8. How did the U.S. troops finally get the Indians to move to the reservation?
9. Explain the situation of illegal alien Eloy Muzquiz and his attempts to immigrate to Texas.
10. Who are the first residents of Fort Sam Garner and why do they want to develop a town?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)