|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Klan whips a man named __________________, he visits Floyd Rusk the next day.
2. Todd Morrison becomes a multimillionaire in which industry?
(c) Real estate.
3. Who is Emma's son?
4. Earnshaw dies from complications following ____________________.
(a) A knife wound.
(b) A near drowning.
(c) Being stomped by a horse.
(d) A car accident.
5. What is Earnshaw Rusk's job?
(a) To educate the Indians.
(b) To get the Indians to move to reservations.
(c) To convert the Indians to Judaism.
(d) To annihilate the Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hector Garza lives in an area where ________________ of the population is Hispanic.
2. What happens to the Germans at Fredericksbug who can't support the Civil War?
3. In Chapter XII, what is the largest city in Texas?
4. Somersett Cobb is running against Yancey Quimper for which political office?
5. What year is it in Chapter XII?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is R.J. Poteet and what role does he play in the new town?
2. Why does the Republic of Texas come to an end and on what date does that occur?
3. Why do new Texas residents like Persifier and Somerset Cobb decide to side with the South in the Civil War?
4. How do Earnshaw and Emma go about building a town?
5. Who is Kimbro and what unlikely partnership does he enter into with Floyd Rusk?
6. Why does the speaker at the Task Force meeting think that Texas was greatly influenced by the South?
7. Why do so many people seem to move to Texas between 1928 and 1968? Who are two famous political men who came from Texas?
8. What role does slavery play in Texas prior to the Civil War?
9. What responsibilities does Earnshaw assume for the town and what is it eventually named?
10. What law enforcement group does Otto join and whom is he supposed to capture?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)