|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of the Mexican men who illegally crossed the U.S. border in 1961?
(a) Paulo Gonzalez.
(b) Estefan Merengue.
(c) Eloy Muzquiz.
(d) Adolfo Garcia.
2. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
(b) Boll weevils.
3. Otto learns that Franza's brother has been trying to negotiate peace with the _________________ Indians.
4. In Chapter XII, what is the largest city in Texas?
(a) San Antonio.
5. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the army troops force the Indians to surrender and move to the reservations?
2. Which one of the Allerkamp daughters does Otto McNab marry?
3. Somersett Cobb is running against Yancey Quimper for which political office?
4. What happens to the Germans at Fredericksbug who can't support the Civil War?
5. What do Laurel and his wife open in Waxahachie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the speaker at the Task Force meeting think that Texas was greatly influenced by the South?
2. What time period does Chapter VII cover?
3. Who is Kimbro and what unlikely partnership does he enter into with Floyd Rusk?
4. Explain the situation of illegal alien Eloy Muzquiz and his attempts to immigrate to Texas.
5. How does Yancey come to own the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
6. Why does the Republic of Texas come to an end and on what date does that occur?
7. Why does Laurel Cobb have to face trial within the church?
8. How does General Santa Anna deceive the U.S. government through a deal with the Polk administration?
9. What would account for the brutality of the Texans during the Mexican War?
10. What responsibilities does Earnshaw assume for the town and what is it eventually named?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)