|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black men in the army unit are known as __________________.
(a) Buffalo Soldiers.
(b) Midnight Soldiers.
(d) Nigger Soldiers.
2. Soon after Texas becomes a state, the ____________________ occurs from 1846-1848.
(a) Civil War.
(b) Revolutionary War.
(c) French and Indian War.
(d) Mexican War.
3. Why does Yancey Quimper withdraw from the political race?
(a) Earnshaw Rusk exposes his fraud.
(b) He is injured and cannot serve.
(c) He has family obligations to tend to.
(d) He buys a new ranch instead.
4. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
(c) Boot making.
5. Earnshaw dies from complications following ____________________.
(a) A near drowning.
(b) Being stomped by a horse.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A knife wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the Rusks money to pay the bank when they can't make a mortgage payment?
2. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
3. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
4. Which general is sent to Texas to protect the Texas border?
5. What does Earnshaw Rust's wife do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Cobb women not tell their slaves about the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863?
2. Why does Laurel Cobb have to face trial within the church?
3. How does General Santa Anna deceive the U.S. government through a deal with the Polk administration?
4. What was the purpose of the Peace Policy instituted by President Polk in 1869?
5. Why do Todd and Maggie Morrison move to Texas and how successful are they at adapting?
6. What year is it in Chapter XII and what is the composition of Texas rural areas to city areas?
7. Why does the speaker at the Task Force meeting think that Texas was greatly influenced by the South?
8. What would account for the brutality of the Texans during the Mexican War?
9. Who are the first residents of Fort Sam Garner and why do they want to develop a town?
10. How did the Indians feel about President Polk's Peace Policy?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)