|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the Rusks money to pay the bank when they can't make a mortgage payment?
2. The capital of Texas moved to _____________ in 1839.
(c) San Antonio.
3. Who kills Benito Garza during a raid on his ranch in Mexico?
4. What happens to the Germans at Fredericksbug who can't support the Civil War?
(a) They are exiled.
(b) Nothing happens to them.
(c) They are hanged.
(d) They are imprisoned.
5. Who becomes the first president of Texas?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) William Austin.
(c) Sam Houston.
(d) John Gerard Dallas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Texans Cactus John Garner and ____________________ both become Speakers of the House.
2. Colonel ___________________ is assigned to Fort Sam Garner and leads several raids against the Comanche Indians.
3. What do Laurel and his wife open in Waxahachie?
4. Who is Persifier's wife?
5. Santa Anna promises to end the war if the U.S. government would give him one half million dollars in gold and transport him to _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Agent Talbot's feelings about Muzquiz' immigration different from how he feels about El Lobo?
2. Why do the Cobb women not tell their slaves about the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863?
3. What years did the Mexican War take place and why is there such lingering hatred between the Texans and Mexicans at this time?
4. How do Earnshaw and Emma go about building a town?
5. When does the Ku Klux Klan appear in Larkin County and which groups of people are most affected by their presence?
6. What time period does Chapter VII cover?
7. Why does Laurel Cobb have to face trial within the church?
8. How does Yancey come to own the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
9. Why do Todd and Maggie Morrison move to Texas and how successful are they at adapting?
10. Explain the situation of illegal alien Eloy Muzquiz and his attempts to immigrate to Texas.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)