|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Quimper family comes from which state?
(c) South Carolina.
2. Who is Jubal Quimpers' wife?
3. Finlay learns that he must ___________________ and get married in order to obtain land.
(a) Become a U.S. citizen.
(b) Put down a deposit.
(c) Convert to Catholicism.
(d) Stake a claim.
4. Who is Friar Damian de Saldana's brother that is an officer in the army?
5. The Quimpers settle in an area of which river?
(a) The Brazos River.
(b) The Rio Grande.
(c) The Waco River.
(d) The San Antonio River.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Franciscans build a teaching center?
2. What do Garcilaco and his wife find of Marcos' after Marcos dies?
3. Whom does Garcilao recognize when visiting the bishop?
4. How many people are in the Quimper family heading for Texas in Chapter IV?
5. What is an auto-de-fe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ramon do when he learns that Trinidad is interested in Domingo Garza?
2. Why has the Governor of Texas put together a Task Force?
3. Why did the Methodist Qimpers experience religious conflict when settling in Texas?
4. Which women do Zave Campbell and Finlay McNab marry in Texas?
5. What happens to Finlay McNab's first family?
6. Where does the Qimper family come from and where do they settle in Texas?
7. How old is Ramon in Chapter III and who is his only remaining family member?
8. Who were the members of the governor's Task Force and why were they chosen?
9. What were the beginnings of San Antonio as described by the author in Chapter II?
10. Who is The Kronk?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)