|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Garcilaco when his marriage is arranged?
2. Which of the following is NOT a person to whom the man is introduced in the governor's office?
(a) Hugo Gonzalez.
(b) Ransom Rusk.
(c) Lorenzo Quimper.
(d) Lorena Cobb.
3. What are passeos?
4. A/An ____________________ Indian named Kronk befriends the Quimpers.
5. Who is Ramon's granddaughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Garcilaco's master says they must deliver their goods to _____________________.
2. What river do Avara and Frey Damian cross during their inspections?
3. Benito Garza decides to side with __________________ in the revolution.
4. At Ayish Bayou, Father Clooney officiates at a _________________.
5. On what date did Santa Anna's attack on the Alamo begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Laurel Cobb have to face trial within the church?
2. Explain the situation of illegal alien Eloy Muzquiz and his attempts to immigrate to Texas.
3. What is Benito Garza's opinion of the Mexican War and why would he feel this way?
4. What year is it in Chapter XII and what is the composition of Texas rural areas to city areas?
5. Who is Kimbro and what unlikely partnership does he enter into with Floyd Rusk?
6. What Native American and island people settle in the area that is to become San Antonio?
7. Where does the Qimper family come from and where do they settle in Texas?
8. How do the hard economic times of the early 1980s affect Texas industries?
9. What are the seven cultural inheritances that make up Texas?
10. What would account for the brutality of the Texans during the Mexican War?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)