|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an auto-de-fe?
(a) A harvest festival.
(b) A steamship.
(c) A public penance ritual.
(d) A crop rotation method.
2. What are passeos?
3. In what U.S. city did Finlay McNab work with a livestock merchant?
4. Whom does Garcilao recognize when visiting the bishop?
5. General Santa Anna began his march from Saltillo on January 26, ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Simon Garza's profession?
2. Why had Ramon tried to kill Mordacai Marr?
3. What is a Sesquicentennial?
4. McNab learns that the papers for the land he paid ________________________ for are not legitimate.
5. Whom does Trinidad eventually marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Finlay McNab and how did he come to settle in Texas?
2. What was the reason for so many bigamist marriages in Texas?
3. What does Garcilaco decide after traveling and listening to the stories of Cabeza and Esteban?
4. How many sons do Benita and Alvara have and which one will become important?
5. Explain the irony of Ramon's actions to keep Trinidad from Domingo Garza.
6. Benito sides with General Santa Anna and rides to the Alamo. What happens to start the siege there?
7. What good fortune does Garcilaco have after the death of Frey Marcos
8. Why does following your own conscience regarding a rebellion create such conflict among friends and family?
9. Who was appointed the chairman of the Task Force and where were the meetings to be held?
10. Which women do Zave Campbell and Finlay McNab marry in Texas?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)