|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a person to whom the man is introduced in the governor's office?
(a) Ransom Rusk.
(b) Lorena Cobb.
(c) Hugo Gonzalez.
(d) Lorenzo Quimper.
2. How does Jubal Quimper die?
(a) Knife wound.
(c) Gunshot wound.
3. What does the Texas governor want by the Sesquicentennial?
(a) A parade.
(b) A folk festival.
(c) A report.
(d) A statue.
4. Dr. Herman Carter attends the Task Force meeting and talks about ______________________.
(c) Problems along the border.
5. In 1558, Marcos arranges a marriage between Garcilaco and ____________________.
(a) Elena Gonzalez.
(b) Maria Victoria.
(c) Dolores Vasquez.
(d) Maria Cruz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ramon give Domingo Garza's family when he learns that his granddaughter is interested in him?
2. Ramon is the owner of El Codo, located outside ____________________.
3. In what city is the man visiting the governor?
4. Where had Finlay McNab studied?
5. How many graduate students will help the Task Force?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the Qimper family come from and where do they settle in Texas?
2. What are the underlying reasons for the Texas move toward independence?
3. Explain why the missions in San Antonio had to be prepared to fend off Indian attacks.
4. What was the reason for so many bigamist marriages in Texas?
5. What does Garcilaco decide after traveling and listening to the stories of Cabeza and Esteban?
6. Why did the Methodist Qimpers experience religious conflict when settling in Texas?
7. Who is Finlay McNab and how did he come to settle in Texas?
8. Who is Garcilaco and what is his role in Chapter I?
9. Which women do Zave Campbell and Finlay McNab marry in Texas?
10. How old is Ramon in Chapter III and who is his only remaining family member?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)