|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first son born to Alvara and Benita?
2. How many graduate students will help the Task Force?
3. Finlay McNab worked as a merchant husbandman near ______________________.
(a) London, England.
(c) Belfast, Ireland.
(d) Cardiff, Wales.
4. D'Zmbreuze is killed while protecting Trinidad from ______________________.
(a) A bear.
(b) An Apache attack.
(c) A rushing river.
(d) A runaway horse.
5. What year is it in Chapter I when Garcilaco travels to Mexico City?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ramon, son of Alvara and Benita, in Chapter III?
2. Why is the man who is visiting the governor in Texas?
3. What are passeos?
4. What does the Texas governor want by the Sesquicentennial?
5. What does Ramon give Domingo Garza's family when he learns that his granddaughter is interested in him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has the Governor of Texas put together a Task Force?
2. What does Ramon do when he learns that Trinidad is interested in Domingo Garza?
3. How old is Ramon in Chapter III and who is his only remaining family member?
4. Which women do Zave Campbell and Finlay McNab marry in Texas?
5. How many sons do Benita and Alvara have and which one will become important?
6. What does Jubal Qimper establish at the Brazos River?
7. Explain the irony of Ramon's actions to keep Trinidad from Domingo Garza.
8. Explain why the missions in San Antonio had to be prepared to fend off Indian attacks.
9. Who is Garcilaco and what is his role in Chapter I?
10. What does Garcilaco decide after traveling and listening to the stories of Cabeza and Esteban?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)