|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the requirement of the governor's wishes?
(a) It should memorialize a famous Texan.
(b) It should teach children about Texas.
(c) It should generate revenue for Texas.
(d) It should be a good Public Relations vehicle for Texas.
2. Who marries Avara?
3. What is Simon Garza's profession?
4. Which man is instrumental in the capture of Santa Anna?
5. Why is the man who is visiting the governor in Texas?
(a) He is attending an inauguration.
(b) He is to give a series of guest lectures.
(c) He is visiting relatives.
(d) He is buying real estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is appointed as the chairman of the Task Force?
2. How many children does Trinidad have?
3. What nationality is Finlay McNab?
4. Garcilaco loves to hear the men's stories and is interested in the Seven Cities of _________________.
5. Which of their relatives do Mordecai and Amalia Marr join at the Alamo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the members of the governor's Task Force and why were they chosen?
2. What were the beginnings of San Antonio as described by the author in Chapter II?
3. Explain the irony of Ramon's actions to keep Trinidad from Domingo Garza.
4. Which women do Zave Campbell and Finlay McNab marry in Texas?
5. What does Jubal Qimper establish at the Brazos River?
6. What are the seven cultural inheritances that make up Texas?
7. Who is Garcilaco and what is his role in Chapter I?
8. What does Garcilaco decide after traveling and listening to the stories of Cabeza and Esteban?
9. What are the underlying reasons for the Texas move toward independence?
10. Who is Finlay McNab and how did he come to settle in Texas?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)