|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who marries Avara?
2. Who is one of the first men killed at the battle of the Alamo?
(a) Daniel Boone.
(b) Colonel William Travis.
(c) Davy Crockett.
(d) Jim Bowie.
3. Who is the man that is summoned to the Texas governor's office?
(a) Dr. Bennigan.
(b) Dr. Bristol.
(c) Dr. Barlow.
(d) Dr. Benton.
4. Benito Garza decides to side with __________________ in the revolution.
(a) The Conquistadors.
(b) Jim Bowie.
(c) Santa Anna.
(d) Davy Crockett.
5. What year is it in Chapter I when Garcilaco travels to Mexico City?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ramon's granddaughter?
2. What river do Avara and Frey Damian cross during their inspections?
3. Dr. Herman Carter attends the Task Force meeting and talks about ______________________.
4. To what U.S. city did Finlay McNab flee when he got into trouble with the law in Bristol, England?
5. How old is Ramon, son of Alvara and Benita, in Chapter III?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Agent Talbot's feelings about Muzquiz' immigration different from how he feels about El Lobo?
2. How does General Santa Anna deceive the U.S. government through a deal with the Polk administration?
3. Why has the Governor of Texas put together a Task Force?
4. What years did the Mexican War take place and why is there such lingering hatred between the Texans and Mexicans at this time?
5. Who are the first residents of Fort Sam Garner and why do they want to develop a town?
6. What role does slavery play in Texas prior to the Civil War?
7. Why do the Cobb women not tell their slaves about the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863?
8. Why do Todd and Maggie Morrison move to Texas and how successful are they at adapting?
9. What does Garcilaco decide after traveling and listening to the stories of Cabeza and Esteban?
10. Who is Kimbro and what unlikely partnership does he enter into with Floyd Rusk?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)