|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Garcilaco in Chapter I?
2. Which girl does Simon Garza marry?
3. McNab learns that the papers for the land he paid ________________________ for are not legitimate.
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Two thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
4. In what town did the Franciscans build a teaching center?
5. What do Garcilaco and his wife find of Marcos' after Marcos dies?
(a) Property deeds.
(b) Former wives.
(c) Illegitimate children.
(d) Hidden gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Trinidad eventually marry?
2. The Quimper family comes from which state?
3. Who tells Finlay McNab about how to obtain land in America?
4. How many cultural inheritance groups are there in Texas?
5. Which of Benito Garza's sisters does McNab marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Methodist Qimpers experience religious conflict when settling in Texas?
2. Explain why the missions in San Antonio had to be prepared to fend off Indian attacks.
3. What are the seven cultural inheritances that make up Texas?
4. How old is Ramon in Chapter III and who is his only remaining family member?
5. How does the author end each chapter in the book and what topic is addressed in this chapter?
6. Who was appointed the chairman of the Task Force and where were the meetings to be held?
7. What Native American and island people settle in the area that is to become San Antonio?
8. Why does Ramon want Trinidad to marry a Spaniard from Spain?
9. Who is Garcilaco and what is his role in Chapter I?
10. Where does the Qimper family come from and where do they settle in Texas?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)