|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Friar Damian de Saldana's brother that is an officer in the army?
2. Why had Ramon tried to kill Mordacai Marr?
(a) He stole horses from him.
(b) He murdered Trinidad.
(c) He burned his house.
(d) He had dishonored Trinidad.
3. Where had Finlay McNab studied?
(b) St. Albans.
(d) St. Andrews.
4. Those men who supported the Texas revolution were mostly _______________________.
(d) Railroad men.
5. The requirement of Mexican law to get land resulted in many ___________________.
(b) Illegitimate children.
(c) Bigamist marriages.
(d) Religious uprisings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is appointed as the chairman of the Task Force?
2. The Quimper family comes from which state?
3. Which of the following do Mordecai and Amalia Marr NOT meet at the Alamo?
4. What does the Texas governor want by the Sesquicentennial?
5. McNab learns that the papers for the land he paid ________________________ for are not legitimate.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the reason for so many bigamist marriages in Texas?
2. How did the U.S. troops finally get the Indians to move to the reservation?
3. What role does slavery play in Texas prior to the Civil War?
4. Why does the speaker at the Task Force meeting think that Texas was greatly influenced by the South?
5. How does Yancey come to own the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
6. What Native American and island people settle in the area that is to become San Antonio?
7. Which women do Zave Campbell and Finlay McNab marry in Texas?
8. What are the underlying reasons for the Texas move toward independence?
9. Who is named the first U.S. Indian Agent?
10. What good fortune does Garcilaco have after the death of Frey Marcos
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)