|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the man who is visiting the governor in Texas?
(a) He is buying real estate.
(b) He is visiting relatives.
(c) He is attending an inauguration.
(d) He is to give a series of guest lectures.
2. What does Dr. Barlow anticipate among the members of the Task Force?
3. What is a Sesquicentennial?
(a) 200th anniversary.
(b) 75th anniversary.
(c) 150th anniversary.
(d) 100th anniversary.
4. What are passeos?
5. At Ayish Bayou, Father Clooney officiates at a _________________.
(c) Ground breaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an auto-de-fe?
2. The requirement of Mexican law to get land resulted in many ___________________.
3. Frey Damian receives permission to try to convert the ____________________.
4. How old is Ramon, son of Alvara and Benita, in Chapter III?
5. In what town did the Franciscans build a teaching center?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author end each chapter in the book and what topic is addressed in this chapter?
2. What Native American and island people settle in the area that is to become San Antonio?
3. What good fortune does Garcilaco have after the death of Frey Marcos
4. Benito sides with General Santa Anna and rides to the Alamo. What happens to start the siege there?
5. Who is The Kronk?
6. What does Garcilaco decide after traveling and listening to the stories of Cabeza and Esteban?
7. How does Benito help Otto prior to the prisoner executions at Goliad?
8. What does Ramon do when he learns that Trinidad is interested in Domingo Garza?
9. Who was appointed the chairman of the Task Force and where were the meetings to be held?
10. How many sons do Benita and Alvara have and which one will become important?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)