|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many graduate students will help the Task Force?
2. Why is the man who is visiting the governor in Texas?
(a) He is visiting relatives.
(b) He is attending an inauguration.
(c) He is to give a series of guest lectures.
(d) He is buying real estate.
3. Which location was another site of battles in the Texas revolution?
4. Which of the following is NOT a person to whom the man is introduced in the governor's office?
(a) Ransom Rusk.
(b) Lorenzo Quimper.
(c) Lorena Cobb.
(d) Hugo Gonzalez.
5. When did the Franciscans build a teaching center?
(a) Early 1700s.
(b) Late 1600s.
(c) Early 1900s.
(d) Mid 1800s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Herman Carter attends the Task Force meeting and talks about ______________________.
2. To what U.S. city did Finlay McNab flee when he got into trouble with the law in Bristol, England?
3. Finlay learns that he must ___________________ and get married in order to obtain land.
4. What year is it in Chapter I when Garcilaco travels to Mexico City?
5. What do the Quimpers establish at their settlement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benito help Otto prior to the prisoner executions at Goliad?
2. Why does following your own conscience regarding a rebellion create such conflict among friends and family?
3. What happens to Finlay McNab's first family?
4. What does Garcilaco decide after traveling and listening to the stories of Cabeza and Esteban?
5. What were the beginnings of San Antonio as described by the author in Chapter II?
6. What are the underlying reasons for the Texas move toward independence?
7. Benito sides with General Santa Anna and rides to the Alamo. What happens to start the siege there?
8. Why has the Governor of Texas put together a Task Force?
9. What Native American and island people settle in the area that is to become San Antonio?
10. How many sons do Benita and Alvara have and which one will become important?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)