|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cultural inheritance groups are there in Texas?
2. A/An ____________________ Indian named Kronk befriends the Quimpers.
3. Which of their relatives do Mordecai and Amalia Marr join at the Alamo?
(a) Zave Campbell.
(b) Jim Bowie.
(c) Davy Crockett.
(d) William Travis.
4. How old is Garcilaco when his marriage is arranged?
5. Garcilaco's master sells him to a friar named ____________________.
(a) Placido Mendez.
(b) Frey Marcos.
(c) Esteban Gonzalez.
(d) Julio Cruz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which girl does Simon Garza marry?
2. What is Simon Garza's profession?
3. Benito Garza feels thinks that the Alamo will last ________________ days if it is under siege.
4. Which of the following is NOT a person to whom the man is introduced in the governor's office?
5. Finlay McNab worked as a merchant husbandman near ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the seven cultural inheritances that make up Texas?
2. What happens to Finlay McNab's first family?
3. What does Ramon do when he learns that Trinidad is interested in Domingo Garza?
4. How does Benito help Otto prior to the prisoner executions at Goliad?
5. How many sons do Benita and Alvara have and which one will become important?
6. Explain the irony of Ramon's actions to keep Trinidad from Domingo Garza.
7. Why does following your own conscience regarding a rebellion create such conflict among friends and family?
8. Why does Ramon want Trinidad to marry a Spaniard from Spain?
9. Who is Garcilaco and what is his role in Chapter I?
10. What were the beginnings of San Antonio as described by the author in Chapter II?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)