|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who marries Avara?
2. The requirement of Mexican law to get land resulted in many ___________________.
(a) Bigamist marriages.
(b) Religious uprisings.
(c) Illegitimate children.
3. What business is Rene-Claude d'Ambreuze in?
4. Who is one of the first men killed at the battle of the Alamo?
(a) Daniel Boone.
(b) Davy Crockett.
(c) Jim Bowie.
(d) Colonel William Travis.
5. Dr. Herman Carter attends the Task Force meeting and talks about ______________________.
(c) Problems along the border.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Damian's assistant?
2. How old is Ramon, son of Alvara and Benita, in Chapter III?
3. Who is Friar Damian de Saldana's brother that is an officer in the army?
4. In what city is the man visiting the governor?
5. McNab learns that the papers for the land he paid ________________________ for are not legitimate.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the missions in San Antonio had to be prepared to fend off Indian attacks.
2. Explain the irony of Ramon's actions to keep Trinidad from Domingo Garza.
3. What happens to Finlay McNab's first family?
4. Which women do Zave Campbell and Finlay McNab marry in Texas?
5. Who is Finlay McNab and how did he come to settle in Texas?
6. What are the underlying reasons for the Texas move toward independence?
7. What were the beginnings of San Antonio as described by the author in Chapter II?
8. Why has the Governor of Texas put together a Task Force?
9. Where does the Qimper family come from and where do they settle in Texas?
10. Who were the members of the governor's Task Force and why were they chosen?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)