|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Father Francis Xavier Clooney tells the Quimpers that they will get no land in Texas unless _______________________.
(a) They register in the capital.
(b) They convert to Catholicism.
(c) They donate to the church.
(d) They stake a claim.
2. How many people are in the Quimper family heading for Texas in Chapter IV?
3. Which of the following do the Quimpers NOT experience as they travel across Texas?
4. General Santa Anna began his march from Saltillo on January 26, ________________.
5. To what U.S. city did Finlay McNab flee when he got into trouble with the law in Bristol, England?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benito Garza decides to side with __________________ in the revolution.
2. Which of their relatives do Mordecai and Amalia Marr join at the Alamo?
3. Who is Jubal Quimpers' wife?
4. Whom does Benito spot and urge to run away prior to the massacre at Goliad?
5. How many graduate students will help the Task Force?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good fortune does Garcilaco have after the death of Frey Marcos
2. How does the author end each chapter in the book and what topic is addressed in this chapter?
3. Who is The Kronk?
4. How does Benito help Otto prior to the prisoner executions at Goliad?
5. Why did the Methodist Qimpers experience religious conflict when settling in Texas?
6. What were the beginnings of San Antonio as described by the author in Chapter II?
7. Benito sides with General Santa Anna and rides to the Alamo. What happens to start the siege there?
8. Explain why the missions in San Antonio had to be prepared to fend off Indian attacks.
9. What happens to Finlay McNab's first family?
10. What does Ramon do when he learns that Trinidad is interested in Domingo Garza?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)