|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mestizo?
(a) A breed of horse.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A person of mixed racial ancestry.
(d) A Mexican pastry.
2. The Quimpers settle in an area of which river?
(a) The Brazos River.
(b) The Rio Grande.
(c) The Waco River.
(d) The San Antonio River.
3. A/An ____________________ Indian named Kronk befriends the Quimpers.
4. The Task Force held in October of 1983 discusses which subject?
5. What does Ramon give Domingo Garza's family when he learns that his granddaughter is interested in him?
(a) Gold bricks.
(b) Land far away from where they live.
(c) A ranch.
(d) A dowry of money and land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Garcilaco and his wife find of Marcos' after Marcos dies?
2. Who tells Finlay McNab about how to obtain land in America?
3. At Ayish Bayou, Father Clooney officiates at a _________________.
4. Who is Jubal Quimpers' wife?
5. Finlay learns that he must ___________________ and get married in order to obtain land.
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the beginnings of San Antonio as described by the author in Chapter II?
2. Why does following your own conscience regarding a rebellion create such conflict among friends and family?
3. Which women do Zave Campbell and Finlay McNab marry in Texas?
4. How old is Ramon in Chapter III and who is his only remaining family member?
5. Who is Finlay McNab and how did he come to settle in Texas?
6. Who were the members of the governor's Task Force and why were they chosen?
7. How does Benito help Otto prior to the prisoner executions at Goliad?
8. Who is Garcilaco and what is his role in Chapter I?
9. What does Jubal Qimper establish at the Brazos River?
10. What are the seven cultural inheritances that make up Texas?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)