|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Father Clooney after he converts Finlay and Otto to Catholicism?
(a) He dies in his sleep.
(b) He is wounded in a street brawl.
(c) He returns to Chicago.
(d) He is dragged by his horse.
2. In 1558, Marcos arranges a marriage between Garcilaco and ____________________.
(a) Maria Victoria.
(b) Dolores Vasquez.
(c) Elena Gonzalez.
(d) Maria Cruz.
3. What is Simon Garza's profession?
4. What are passeos?
5. Dr. Herman Carter attends the Task Force meeting and talks about ______________________.
(d) Problems along the border.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of their relatives do Mordecai and Amalia Marr join at the Alamo?
2. What do Garcilaco and his wife find of Marcos' after Marcos dies?
3. Whom does Garcilao recognize when visiting the bishop?
4. McNab learns that the papers for the land he paid ________________________ for are not legitimate.
5. Which of Benito Garza's sisters does McNab marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the missions in San Antonio had to be prepared to fend off Indian attacks.
2. What does Ramon do when he learns that Trinidad is interested in Domingo Garza?
3. Who was appointed the chairman of the Task Force and where were the meetings to be held?
4. Why does following your own conscience regarding a rebellion create such conflict among friends and family?
5. Who is Garcilaco and what is his role in Chapter I?
6. What happens to Finlay McNab's first family?
7. Who were the members of the governor's Task Force and why were they chosen?
8. Why has the Governor of Texas put together a Task Force?
9. What are the seven cultural inheritances that make up Texas?
10. What are the underlying reasons for the Texas move toward independence?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)