|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Garcilaco when his marriage is arranged?
2. Dr. Herman Carter attends the Task Force meeting and talks about ______________________.
(a) Problems along the border.
3. How does Jubal Quimper die?
(c) Knife wound.
(d) Gunshot wound.
4. What happens to Father Clooney after he converts Finlay and Otto to Catholicism?
(a) He is dragged by his horse.
(b) He returns to Chicago.
(c) He dies in his sleep.
(d) He is wounded in a street brawl.
5. Who is the man that is summoned to the Texas governor's office?
(a) Dr. Bristol.
(b) Dr. Bennigan.
(c) Dr. Barlow.
(d) Dr. Benton.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Quimper family comes from which state?
2. The Task Force held in October of 1983 discusses which subject?
3. Finlay learns that he must ___________________ and get married in order to obtain land.
4. Where had Finlay McNab studied?
5. What is the requirement of the governor's wishes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jubal Qimper establish at the Brazos River?
2. What Native American and island people settle in the area that is to become San Antonio?
3. How does Benito help Otto prior to the prisoner executions at Goliad?
4. Which women do Zave Campbell and Finlay McNab marry in Texas?
5. What does Ramon do when he learns that Trinidad is interested in Domingo Garza?
6. What good fortune does Garcilaco have after the death of Frey Marcos
7. Why did the Methodist Qimpers experience religious conflict when settling in Texas?
8. Who were the members of the governor's Task Force and why were they chosen?
9. Why does Ramon want Trinidad to marry a Spaniard from Spain?
10. Where does the Qimper family come from and where do they settle in Texas?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)