|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ramon give Domingo Garza's family when he learns that his granddaughter is interested in him?
(a) A dowry of money and land.
(b) Gold bricks.
(c) A ranch.
(d) Land far away from where they live.
2. Who is Friar Damian de Saldana's brother that is an officer in the army?
3. Which man is instrumental in the capture of Santa Anna?
4. What are passeos?
5. What do Garcilaco and his wife find of Marcos' after Marcos dies?
(a) Illegitimate children.
(b) Hidden gold.
(c) Property deeds.
(d) Former wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. A group of people from the ______________________ is brought to settle the area around Bexar.
2. To what U.S. city did Finlay McNab flee when he got into trouble with the law in Bristol, England?
3. Which girl does Simon Garza marry?
4. Who is McNab's son?
5. At Ayish Bayou, Father Clooney officiates at a _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Which women do Zave Campbell and Finlay McNab marry in Texas?
2. What does Jubal Qimper establish at the Brazos River?
3. Explain why the missions in San Antonio had to be prepared to fend off Indian attacks.
4. What good fortune does Garcilaco have after the death of Frey Marcos
5. Who is Garcilaco and what is his role in Chapter I?
6. Why has the Governor of Texas put together a Task Force?
7. How does the author end each chapter in the book and what topic is addressed in this chapter?
8. How does Benito help Otto prior to the prisoner executions at Goliad?
9. What was the reason for so many bigamist marriages in Texas?
10. What are the underlying reasons for the Texas move toward independence?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)