|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The colonel assigned to Fort Sam Garner and his men rescue _________________ who had been captured by the Indians.
(a) Cecile Markham.
(b) Elaine Martin.
(c) Emma Larkin.
(d) Justine Mallory.
2. The Larkins are _________________ who move onto Comanche land.
3. How is Franza's brother, Theo, killed during a visit to see him in Indianola?
(b) An Apache raid.
(c) A hurricane strike.
4. How old is Otto in Chapter VII?
5. What do Laurel and his wife open in Waxahachie?
(a) A mercantile.
(b) A dairy farm.
(c) A new cotton plantation.
(d) A ranch.
6. The Rust settlement gives the remaining Comanches permission to hunt ________________.
7. What year is it in Chapter XII?
8. Which of the following groups is NOT welcome in Larkin County after the arrival of the Ku Klux Klan?
9. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
10. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
11. Why can Benito not inherit the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
(a) He is an enemy of the nation.
(b) He is already dead.
(c) He already owns the land.
(d) He was written out of the will.
12. Somersett Cobb is running against Yancey Quimper for which political office?
(c) U.S. Senator.
13. What is the name of the town that Earnshaw and Emma establish?
14. Santa Anna promises to end the war if the U.S. government would give him one half million dollars in gold and transport him to _________________.
(a) Vera Cruz.
(b) San Antonio.
(d) San Diego.
15. Colonel Persifier ______________ decides to leave the army after the Mexican War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Indians were responsible for mass burning and killing at San Antonio?
2. Which family is the first to move into one of the abandoned houses at the fort to make a town?
3. Comanche Chief _____________ holds a war council and decides to attack the settlement in #124.
4. Who is Persifier's wife?
5. Otto learns that Franza's brother has been trying to negotiate peace with the _________________ Indians.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)