|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Benito Garza during a raid on his ranch in Mexico?
2. Texans Cactus John Garner and ____________________ both become Speakers of the House.
(a) George Bush.
(b) Harley Hatton.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Sam Rayburn.
3. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
(a) Chris Miller.
(b) Bill Weston.
(c) Ben Talbot.
(d) Jack Murray.
4. Captain George Reed is sent to erect a fort which is then named _______________________.
(a) Fort Reeves.
(b) Fort Sam Garner.
(c) Fort Grant.
(d) Fort George Reed.
5. How many slaves do Persifier and Tessa Mae give to Sett and Lissa when they leave for Texas?
6. Earnshaw dies from complications following ____________________.
(a) A knife wound.
(b) A near drowning.
(c) A car accident.
(d) Being stomped by a horse.
7. Who was one of the Mexican men who illegally crossed the U.S. border in 1961?
(a) Estefan Merengue.
(b) Paulo Gonzalez.
(c) Adolfo Garcia.
(d) Eloy Muzquiz.
8. When the Klan whips a man named __________________, he visits Floyd Rusk the next day.
9. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
10. The Mexican army retreats after a few battles at ___________________.
(a) Vera Cruz.
(b) San Antonio.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Buena Vista.
11. How is Franza's brother, Theo, killed during a visit to see him in Indianola?
(a) An Apache raid.
(d) A hurricane strike.
12. What do Laurel and his wife open in Waxahachie?
(a) A new cotton plantation.
(b) A ranch.
(c) A dairy farm.
(d) A mercantile.
13. Whom does the first president of Texas marry?
(a) Sally Beale.
(b) Betsy Belle.
(c) Maria Bello.
(d) Magda Bowen.
14. Yancey leads a movement to make ________________ a slave state.
15. What is the name of the town that Earnshaw and Emma establish?
Short Answer Questions
1. Peavine is chased out of the county because he is a troublemaker, but he returns and kills a _______________ named Parmenteer.
2. Who is Laurel Cobb's wife?
3. Which Texan becomes both Vice President and President of the United States?
4. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
5. Who gives the Rusks money to pay the bank when they can't make a mortgage payment?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)