|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
2. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
3. Who is Persifier's wife?
(a) Tessa Mae.
(b) Elizabeth Ann.
(c) Margaret Sue.
4. Why does Laurel face trial within his church?
(a) He does not make his children attend church services.
(b) He has taken money from the church coffers.
(c) He has been seen with another man's wife.
(d) He is accused of encouraging women to dance.
5. Earnshaw Rusk is named as United States Indian Agent at _______________________.
(a) Tranquility Village.
(b) Century City.
(c) Camp Lincoln.
(d) Camp Hope.
6. The Ku Klux Klan appears in Larken County in December of what year?
7. What happens to the Germans at Fredericksbug who can't support the Civil War?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They are exiled.
(c) Nothing happens to them.
(d) They are hanged.
8. What year is it in Chapter XII?
9. Colonel ___________________ is assigned to Fort Sam Garner and leads several raids against the Comanche Indians.
(a) Edward Truelove.
(b) Alexander Coffey.
(c) Lewis Renfro.
(d) Nathan Bedford.
10. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
11. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
(b) Boll weevils.
12. Otto learns that Franza's brother has been trying to negotiate peace with the _________________ Indians.
13. What does the man who works with Otto study?
14. Why does Yancey Quimper withdraw from the political race?
(a) He is injured and cannot serve.
(b) Earnshaw Rusk exposes his fraud.
(c) He has family obligations to tend to.
(d) He buys a new ranch instead.
15. Whom does Earnshaw Rust marry?
(a) Emma Seames.
(b) Suzanne Malvern.
(c) Emma Larkin.
(d) Elizabeth Morton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Colonel Persifier ______________ decides to leave the army after the Mexican War.
2. Hector Garza lives in an area where ________________ of the population is Hispanic.
3. Yancey leads a movement to make ________________ a slave state.
4. Where do Sett and Lissa purchase land in Texas?
5. Somersett Cobb is running against Yancey Quimper for which political office?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)