|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Benito not inherit the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
(a) He already owns the land.
(b) He is already dead.
(c) He is an enemy of the nation.
(d) He was written out of the will.
2. In Chapter XII, what is the largest city in Texas?
(d) San Antonio.
3. Benito Garza becomes a ___________________.
4. Who is one of the Ku Klux Klan leaders in Larkin County?
(a) Laurel Cobb.
(b) Otto McNab.
(c) Hector Garza.
(d) Floyd Rusk.
5. When the Klan whips a man named __________________, he visits Floyd Rusk the next day.
6. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
7. Which Texan becomes both Vice President and President of the United States?
(a) Hubert Humphrey.
(b) George McGovern.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Richard Nixon.
8. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
9. Otto joins a police-like unit called a/an ________________________.
(a) Legal company.
(b) Ranging company.
(c) Equine company.
(d) Tracker company.
10. What is the name of the town that Earnshaw and Emma establish?
11. How many slaves do Persifier and Tessa Mae give to Sett and Lissa when they leave for Texas?
12. What year is it in Chapter XII?
13. Somersett Cobb is running against Yancey Quimper for which political office?
(c) U.S. Senator.
14. What is Earnshaw Rusk's job?
(a) To educate the Indians.
(b) To convert the Indians to Judaism.
(c) To annihilate the Indians.
(d) To get the Indians to move to reservations.
15. Whom does Earnshaw Rust marry?
(a) Emma Seames.
(b) Suzanne Malvern.
(c) Emma Larkin.
(d) Elizabeth Morton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
2. Where do Sett and Lissa purchase land in Texas?
3. What is the nickname for Maria de la Luz?
4. The group that Otto now belongs to is called ____________________.
5. The slave named _________________ sells cotton in Mexico and receives a letter of credit with which he buys land.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)