|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
2. What do Laurel and his wife open in Waxahachie?
(a) A ranch.
(b) A new cotton plantation.
(c) A mercantile.
(d) A dairy farm.
3. Todd Morrison becomes a multimillionaire in which industry?
(b) Real estate.
4. What happens to the Germans at Fredericksbug who can't support the Civil War?
(a) They are exiled.
(b) Nothing happens to them.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They are hanged.
5. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
6. The colonel assigned to Fort Sam Garner and his men rescue _________________ who had been captured by the Indians.
(a) Justine Mallory.
(b) Emma Larkin.
(c) Elaine Martin.
(d) Cecile Markham.
7. The group that Otto now belongs to is called ____________________.
(a) The Texas Cowboys.
(b) The Texas Rangers.
(c) The Texas Diplomats.
(d) The Texas Stars.
8. How is Franza's brother, Theo, killed during a visit to see him in Indianola?
(a) A hurricane strike.
(d) An Apache raid.
9. Peavine is chased out of the county because he is a troublemaker, but he returns and kills a _______________ named Parmenteer.
10. Earnshaw Rusk is named as United States Indian Agent at _______________________.
(a) Camp Lincoln.
(b) Camp Hope.
(c) Century City.
(d) Tranquility Village.
11. Who is Emma's son?
12. Whom does Earnshaw Rust marry?
(a) Suzanne Malvern.
(b) Emma Larkin.
(c) Emma Seames.
(d) Elizabeth Morton.
13. Benito Garza becomes a ___________________.
14. Who is Persifier's wife?
(b) Tessa Mae.
(c) Elizabeth Ann.
(d) Margaret Sue.
15. Captain George Reed is sent to erect a fort which is then named _______________________.
(a) Fort Grant.
(b) Fort George Reed.
(c) Fort Reeves.
(d) Fort Sam Garner.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rust settlement gives the remaining Comanches permission to hunt ________________.
2. Soon after Texas becomes a state, the ____________________ occurs from 1846-1848.
3. Which of the following is NOT in the same unit serving under General Lee?
4. The Ku Klux Klan appears in Larken County in December of what year?
5. How many children does the man in #159 have?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)