|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter XII, what is the largest city in Texas?
(c) San Antonio.
2. The Texas War for Independence ends with Santa Anna ______________________.
(a) Being demoted to a soldier.
(b) Being captured.
(c) Being exiled from Mexico.
(d) Being killed.
3. Todd Morrison becomes a multimillionaire in which industry?
(d) Real estate.
4. Who is one of the Ku Klux Klan leaders in Larkin County?
(a) Floyd Rusk.
(b) Otto McNab.
(c) Hector Garza.
(d) Laurel Cobb.
5. Why can Benito not inherit the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
(a) He was written out of the will.
(b) He is an enemy of the nation.
(c) He already owns the land.
(d) He is already dead.
6. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
7. What is Earnshaw Rusk's job?
(a) To annihilate the Indians.
(b) To educate the Indians.
(c) To convert the Indians to Judaism.
(d) To get the Indians to move to reservations.
8. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
(a) Ben Talbot.
(b) Bill Weston.
(c) Chris Miller.
(d) Jack Murray.
9. How many slaves do Persifier and Tessa Mae give to Sett and Lissa when they leave for Texas?
10. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
11. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
(a) Boll weevils.
12. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
13. Who is Laurel Cobb's wife?
(a) Sue Beth.
(c) Jo Ellen.
(d) Maggie Su.
14. What do Laurel and his wife open in Waxahachie?
(a) A new cotton plantation.
(b) A ranch.
(c) A mercantile.
(d) A dairy farm.
15. The capital of Texas moved to _____________ in 1839.
(a) San Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Otto learns that Franza's brother has been trying to negotiate peace with the _________________ Indians.
2. What does Santa Anna do with the money given to him by the U.S. government?
3. Which Texan becomes both Vice President and President of the United States?
4. Whom does the first president of Texas marry?
5. Yancey leads a movement to make ________________ a slave state.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)