|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
(a) California and New Mexico.
(b) California and Colorado.
(c) California and Arizona.
(d) Arizona and New Mexico.
2. The slave named _________________ sells cotton in Mexico and receives a letter of credit with which he buys land.
3. What does Santa Anna do with the money given to him by the U.S. government?
(a) Develops an army.
(b) Retires to Rio de Janeiro.
(c) Builds fortresses along the Rio Grande.
(d) Buys jewels and art.
4. Which of the following groups is NOT welcome in Larkin County after the arrival of the Ku Klux Klan?
5. Which of the following is NOT in the same unit serving under General Lee?
6. The Ku Klux Klan appears in Larken County in December of what year?
7. Earnshaw Rusk is a Quaker from which state?
8. The colonel assigned to Fort Sam Garner and his men rescue _________________ who had been captured by the Indians.
(a) Cecile Markham.
(b) Emma Larkin.
(c) Justine Mallory.
(d) Elaine Martin.
9. Who gives the Rusks money to pay the bank when they can't make a mortgage payment?
10. Why can Benito not inherit the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
(a) He is an enemy of the nation.
(b) He already owns the land.
(c) He was written out of the will.
(d) He is already dead.
11. What is Earnshaw Rusk's job?
(a) To annihilate the Indians.
(b) To educate the Indians.
(c) To convert the Indians to Judaism.
(d) To get the Indians to move to reservations.
12. Which Indians were responsible for mass burning and killing at San Antonio?
13. What is the nickname for Maria de la Luz?
(a) Mattie Luz.
(b) Lupe Luz.
(c) Mar de la Lopez.
(d) Lucha Lopez.
14. What does the man who works with Otto study?
15. How many children does the man in #159 have?
Short Answer Questions
1. The man, who was caught in 1961 trying to illegally cross the border, manages to cross the U.S. Border again and lives in which Texas community?
2. Who is Persifier's brother?
3. Who kills Benito Garza during a raid on his ranch in Mexico?
4. The Texas War for Independence ends with Santa Anna ______________________.
5. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)