|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
2. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
3. Hector Garza lives in an area where ________________ of the population is Hispanic.
4. Where do Sett and Lissa purchase land in Texas?
5. What is Earnshaw Rusk's job?
(a) To educate the Indians.
(b) To convert the Indians to Judaism.
(c) To annihilate the Indians.
(d) To get the Indians to move to reservations.
6. The Rust settlement gives the remaining Comanches permission to hunt ________________.
7. How many children does the man in #159 have?
8. Otto joins a police-like unit called a/an ________________________.
(a) Tracker company.
(b) Ranging company.
(c) Equine company.
(d) Legal company.
9. The slave named _________________ sells cotton in Mexico and receives a letter of credit with which he buys land.
10. Why does Laurel face trial within his church?
(a) He has taken money from the church coffers.
(b) He does not make his children attend church services.
(c) He has been seen with another man's wife.
(d) He is accused of encouraging women to dance.
11. Who is Persifier's brother?
12. Whom does the first president of Texas marry?
(a) Magda Bowen.
(b) Maria Bello.
(c) Betsy Belle.
(d) Sally Beale.
13. Which Indians were responsible for mass burning and killing at San Antonio?
14. Texans Cactus John Garner and ____________________ both become Speakers of the House.
(a) Sam Rayburn.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Harley Hatton.
(d) George Bush.
15. How do the army troops force the Indians to surrender and move to the reservations?
(a) They force them at gunpoint.
(b) They begin to poison them.
(c) They kill off their animals.
(d) They burn their encampments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT in the same unit serving under General Lee?
2. Which of the following groups is NOT welcome in Larkin County after the arrival of the Ku Klux Klan?
3. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
4. Peavine is chased out of the county because he is a troublemaker, but he returns and kills a _______________ named Parmenteer.
5. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)