|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which general is sent to Texas to protect the Texas border?
(a) General Robert E. Lee.
(b) General Zachary Taylor.
(c) General Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) General Douglas MacArthur.
2. Earnshaw Rusk is named as United States Indian Agent at _______________________.
(a) Camp Hope.
(b) Century City.
(c) Camp Lincoln.
(d) Tranquility Village.
3. Earnshaw dies from complications following ____________________.
(a) A near drowning.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A knife wound.
(d) Being stomped by a horse.
4. Who was one of the Mexican men who illegally crossed the U.S. border in 1961?
(a) Adolfo Garcia.
(b) Estefan Merengue.
(c) Eloy Muzquiz.
(d) Paulo Gonzalez.
5. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
6. The Texas War for Independence ends with Santa Anna ______________________.
(a) Being captured.
(b) Being demoted to a soldier.
(c) Being killed.
(d) Being exiled from Mexico.
7. When the Klan whips a man named __________________, he visits Floyd Rusk the next day.
8. What do Laurel and his wife open in Waxahachie?
(a) A new cotton plantation.
(b) A ranch.
(c) A mercantile.
(d) A dairy farm.
9. Who is one of the Ku Klux Klan leaders in Larkin County?
(a) Otto McNab.
(b) Laurel Cobb.
(c) Hector Garza.
(d) Floyd Rusk.
10. Why does Laurel face trial within his church?
(a) He has been seen with another man's wife.
(b) He does not make his children attend church services.
(c) He has taken money from the church coffers.
(d) He is accused of encouraging women to dance.
11. Colonel Persifier ______________ decides to leave the army after the Mexican War.
12. Which of the following groups is NOT welcome in Larkin County after the arrival of the Ku Klux Klan?
13. What is Earnshaw Rusk's job?
(a) To annihilate the Indians.
(b) To get the Indians to move to reservations.
(c) To convert the Indians to Judaism.
(d) To educate the Indians.
14. Hector Garza lives in an area where ________________ of the population is Hispanic.
15. Otto learns that Franza's brother has been trying to negotiate peace with the _________________ Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Persifier's wife?
2. How is Franza's brother, Theo, killed during a visit to see him in Indianola?
3. The group that Otto now belongs to is called ____________________.
4. Who gives the Rusks money to pay the bank when they can't make a mortgage payment?
5. Which of the following is NOT in the same unit serving under General Lee?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)