|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
(c) Boot making.
2. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
3. Who becomes the first president of Texas?
(a) Sam Houston.
(b) William Austin.
(c) John Gerard Dallas.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
4. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
(a) Chris Miller.
(b) Ben Talbot.
(c) Bill Weston.
(d) Jack Murray.
5. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
(a) California and New Mexico.
(b) California and Arizona.
(c) California and Colorado.
(d) Arizona and New Mexico.
6. Earnshaw Rusk is a Quaker from which state?
7. Where do Sett and Lissa purchase land in Texas?
8. How do the army troops force the Indians to surrender and move to the reservations?
(a) They force them at gunpoint.
(b) They begin to poison them.
(c) They kill off their animals.
(d) They burn their encampments.
9. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
(b) Boll weevils.
10. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
11. Earnshaw Rusk is named as United States Indian Agent at _______________________.
(a) Century City.
(b) Camp Hope.
(c) Tranquility Village.
(d) Camp Lincoln.
12. Whom does Ransom Rusk marry in Larkin?
13. Who is Laurel Cobb's wife?
(b) Jo Ellen.
(c) Maggie Su.
(d) Sue Beth.
14. Black men in the army unit are known as __________________.
(a) Nigger Soldiers.
(b) Midnight Soldiers.
(d) Buffalo Soldiers.
15. Otto learns that Franza's brother has been trying to negotiate peace with the _________________ Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Benito Garza during a raid on his ranch in Mexico?
2. Why does Yancey Quimper withdraw from the political race?
3. Why can Benito not inherit the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
4. Peavine is chased out of the county because he is a troublemaker, but he returns and kills a _______________ named Parmenteer.
5. Santa Anna promises to end the war if the U.S. government would give him one half million dollars in gold and transport him to _________________.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)