|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peavine is chased out of the county because he is a troublemaker, but he returns and kills a _______________ named Parmenteer.
2. Which of the following is NOT in the same unit serving under General Lee?
3. Whom does Earnshaw Rust marry?
(a) Emma Larkin.
(b) Emma Seames.
(c) Suzanne Malvern.
(d) Elizabeth Morton.
4. The Ku Klux Klan appears in Larken County in December of what year?
5. Which of the following groups is NOT welcome in Larkin County after the arrival of the Ku Klux Klan?
6. Otto learns that Franza's brother has been trying to negotiate peace with the _________________ Indians.
7. The Larkins are _________________ who move onto Comanche land.
8. What is the nickname for Maria de la Luz?
(a) Lupe Luz.
(b) Mattie Luz.
(c) Mar de la Lopez.
(d) Lucha Lopez.
9. With whom does Otto decide to work together?
(a) Michael Arbor.
(b) Marvin Ables.
(c) Martin Ascot.
(d) Marcus Astin.
10. Who is the man who would take pregnant women across the border into the U.S. so their child would be born an American citizen?
(a) El Lobo.
(b) El Loco.
(c) El Santo.
(d) El Godo.
11. The slave named _________________ sells cotton in Mexico and receives a letter of credit with which he buys land.
12. Who is Persifier's brother?
13. What do Laurel and his wife open in Waxahachie?
(a) A dairy farm.
(b) A ranch.
(c) A new cotton plantation.
(d) A mercantile.
14. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
(a) Boll weevils.
15. The man, who was caught in 1961 trying to illegally cross the border, manages to cross the U.S. Border again and lives in which Texas community?
(c) El Paso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
2. In Chapter XII, what is the largest city in Texas?
3. Todd Morrison becomes a multimillionaire in which industry?
4. Colonel Persifier returns to his cotton plantation in which state?
5. How old is Otto in Chapter VII?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)