|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Persifier's wife?
(b) Tessa Mae.
(c) Elizabeth Ann.
(d) Margaret Sue.
2. Where does R.J. Poteet take horses and cattle for shipment to the East?
(b) Dodge City.
(c) San Antonio.
(d) Kansas City.
3. The Ku Klux Klan appears in Larken County in December of what year?
4. Texans Cactus John Garner and ____________________ both become Speakers of the House.
(a) George Bush.
(b) Harley Hatton.
(c) Sam Rayburn.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
5. Todd Morrison becomes a multimillionaire in which industry?
(a) Real estate.
6. Where do Sett and Lissa purchase land in Texas?
7. The group that Otto now belongs to is called ____________________.
(a) The Texas Stars.
(b) The Texas Cowboys.
(c) The Texas Diplomats.
(d) The Texas Rangers.
8. How is Franza's brother, Theo, killed during a visit to see him in Indianola?
(a) A hurricane strike.
(c) An Apache raid.
9. Who was one of the Mexican men who illegally crossed the U.S. border in 1961?
(a) Paulo Gonzalez.
(b) Estefan Merengue.
(c) Adolfo Garcia.
(d) Eloy Muzquiz.
10. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
(a) Jack Murray.
(b) Bill Weston.
(c) Ben Talbot.
(d) Chris Miller.
11. The colonel assigned to Fort Sam Garner and his men rescue _________________ who had been captured by the Indians.
(a) Justine Mallory.
(b) Elaine Martin.
(c) Cecile Markham.
(d) Emma Larkin.
12. Who kills Benito Garza during a raid on his ranch in Mexico?
13. How do the army troops force the Indians to surrender and move to the reservations?
(a) They begin to poison them.
(b) They burn their encampments.
(c) They force them at gunpoint.
(d) They kill off their animals.
14. Who becomes the first president of Texas?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) Sam Houston.
(c) John Gerard Dallas.
(d) William Austin.
15. Which family is the first to move into one of the abandoned houses at the fort to make a town?
(a) The James Kerrigan family.
(b) The Ernst Klopfer family.
(c) The Otto McNab family.
(d) The Frank Yeager family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
2. Where is Santa Anna living in exile?
3. The Texas War for Independence ends with Santa Anna ______________________.
4. What happens to the Germans at Fredericksbug who can't support the Civil War?
5. Whom does the first president of Texas marry?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)