|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yancey gives himself the military title of __________________.
2. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
3. Which Indians were responsible for mass burning and killing at San Antonio?
4. The Rust settlement gives the remaining Comanches permission to hunt ________________.
5. In Chapter XII, what is the largest city in Texas?
(b) San Antonio.
6. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
7. Why can Benito not inherit the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
(a) He already owns the land.
(b) He is already dead.
(c) He is an enemy of the nation.
(d) He was written out of the will.
8. Which of the following is NOT in the same unit serving under General Lee?
9. Where does R.J. Poteet take horses and cattle for shipment to the East?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) Kansas City.
(d) Dodge City.
10. What does the man who works with Otto study?
11. Somersett Cobb is running against Yancey Quimper for which political office?
(a) U.S. Senator.
12. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
13. Whom does the first president of Texas marry?
(a) Maria Bello.
(b) Betsy Belle.
(c) Sally Beale.
(d) Magda Bowen.
14. Earnshaw Rusk is a Quaker from which state?
15. Why does Yancey Quimper withdraw from the political race?
(a) He has family obligations to tend to.
(b) Earnshaw Rusk exposes his fraud.
(c) He buys a new ranch instead.
(d) He is injured and cannot serve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soon after Texas becomes a state, the ____________________ occurs from 1846-1848.
2. Colonel ___________________ is assigned to Fort Sam Garner and leads several raids against the Comanche Indians.
3. Who is Persifier's brother?
4. Who is Persifier's wife?
5. The colonel assigned to Fort Sam Garner and his men rescue _________________ who had been captured by the Indians.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)