|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Benito Garza during a raid on his ranch in Mexico?
2. Which one of the Allerkamp daughters does Otto McNab marry?
3. With whom does Otto decide to work together?
(a) Marcus Astin.
(b) Marvin Ables.
(c) Martin Ascot.
(d) Michael Arbor.
4. Who is Persifier's wife?
(a) Tessa Mae.
(c) Elizabeth Ann.
(d) Margaret Sue.
5. Which general is sent to Texas to protect the Texas border?
(a) General Zachary Taylor.
(b) General Douglas MacArthur.
(c) General Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) General Robert E. Lee.
6. Who is Laurel Cobb's wife?
(a) Maggie Su.
(c) Jo Ellen.
(d) Sue Beth.
7. Which Indians were responsible for mass burning and killing at San Antonio?
8. Earnshaw Rusk is a Quaker from which state?
9. Why does Beth Morrison have problems in school in Texas?
(a) She is constantly reminded that she is not a native Texan.
(b) She didn't have some of the basic subjects.
(c) She started in the middle of the year.
(d) She has a really strong accent.
10. The Larkins are _________________ who move onto Comanche land.
11. Otto joins a police-like unit called a/an ________________________.
(a) Ranging company.
(b) Legal company.
(c) Tracker company.
(d) Equine company.
12. Colonel ___________________ is assigned to Fort Sam Garner and leads several raids against the Comanche Indians.
(a) Alexander Coffey.
(b) Nathan Bedford.
(c) Edward Truelove.
(d) Lewis Renfro.
13. In Chapter XII, what is the largest city in Texas?
(b) San Antonio.
14. What is Earnshaw Rusk's job?
(a) To get the Indians to move to reservations.
(b) To convert the Indians to Judaism.
(c) To annihilate the Indians.
(d) To educate the Indians.
15. What does Earnshaw Rust's wife do?
(a) Teaches Indian children how to speak English.
(b) Delivers babies as a midwife.
(c) Tames and sells wild horses.
(d) Works as a rancher.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man, who was caught in 1961 trying to illegally cross the border, manages to cross the U.S. Border again and lives in which Texas community?
2. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
3. The capital of Texas moved to _____________ in 1839.
4. The colonel assigned to Fort Sam Garner and his men rescue _________________ who had been captured by the Indians.
5. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)