|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves do Persifier and Tessa Mae give to Sett and Lissa when they leave for Texas?
2. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
3. What year is it in Chapter XII?
4. Which of the following groups is NOT welcome in Larkin County after the arrival of the Ku Klux Klan?
5. Earnshaw dies from complications following ____________________.
(a) A knife wound.
(b) Being stomped by a horse.
(c) A near drowning.
(d) A car accident.
6. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
(d) Boll weevils.
7. Santa Anna promises to end the war if the U.S. government would give him one half million dollars in gold and transport him to _________________.
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Antonio.
(d) Vera Cruz.
8. Where do Sett and Lissa purchase land in Texas?
9. The Ku Klux Klan appears in Larken County in December of what year?
10. The group that Otto now belongs to is called ____________________.
(a) The Texas Diplomats.
(b) The Texas Rangers.
(c) The Texas Stars.
(d) The Texas Cowboys.
11. Whom does Ransom Rusk marry in Larkin?
12. Who is Persifier's wife?
(a) Elizabeth Ann.
(c) Tessa Mae.
(d) Margaret Sue.
13. Who is the man who would take pregnant women across the border into the U.S. so their child would be born an American citizen?
(a) El Santo.
(b) El Loco.
(c) El Godo.
(d) El Lobo.
14. Which Texan becomes both Vice President and President of the United States?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) George McGovern.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Hubert Humphrey.
15. The Texas War for Independence ends with Santa Anna ______________________.
(a) Being exiled from Mexico.
(b) Being killed.
(c) Being captured.
(d) Being demoted to a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. The slave named _________________ sells cotton in Mexico and receives a letter of credit with which he buys land.
2. Which states does President Polk want to buy from Mexico to add them to the union?
3. Why can Benito not inherit the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
4. What is the name of the town that Earnshaw and Emma establish?
5. Where does R.J. Poteet take horses and cattle for shipment to the East?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)