|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Persifier's wife?
(a) Elizabeth Ann.
(b) Margaret Sue.
(c) Tessa Mae.
2. Colonel ___________________ is assigned to Fort Sam Garner and leads several raids against the Comanche Indians.
(a) Alexander Coffey.
(b) Nathan Bedford.
(c) Lewis Renfro.
(d) Edward Truelove.
3. Why does Sam Houston resign as governor of Texas?
(a) He is retirement age.
(b) His health is failing.
(c) He refuses to accept the Confederacy.
(d) He wants to run for U.S. President.
4. Earnshaw dies from complications following ____________________.
(a) A near drowning.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A knife wound.
(d) Being stomped by a horse.
5. Peavine is chased out of the county because he is a troublemaker, but he returns and kills a _______________ named Parmenteer.
6. Otto joins a police-like unit called a/an ________________________.
(a) Tracker company.
(b) Legal company.
(c) Equine company.
(d) Ranging company.
7. Why does Beth Morrison have problems in school in Texas?
(a) She has a really strong accent.
(b) She didn't have some of the basic subjects.
(c) She started in the middle of the year.
(d) She is constantly reminded that she is not a native Texan.
8. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
9. Whom does Earnshaw Rust marry?
(a) Emma Seames.
(b) Emma Larkin.
(c) Elizabeth Morton.
(d) Suzanne Malvern.
10. The group that Otto now belongs to is called ____________________.
(a) The Texas Stars.
(b) The Texas Rangers.
(c) The Texas Cowboys.
(d) The Texas Diplomats.
11. The Rust settlement gives the remaining Comanches permission to hunt ________________.
12. The slave named _________________ sells cotton in Mexico and receives a letter of credit with which he buys land.
13. Which Indians were responsible for mass burning and killing at San Antonio?
14. Who kills Benito Garza during a raid on his ranch in Mexico?
15. What does the man who works with Otto study?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
2. Otto learns that Franza's brother has been trying to negotiate peace with the _________________ Indians.
3. Somersett Cobb is running against Yancey Quimper for which political office?
4. When the Klan whips a man named __________________, he visits Floyd Rusk the next day.
5. The Ku Klux Klan appears in Larken County in December of what year?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)