|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
(c) Boot making.
2. The colonel assigned to Fort Sam Garner and his men rescue _________________ who had been captured by the Indians.
(a) Emma Larkin.
(b) Justine Mallory.
(c) Elaine Martin.
(d) Cecile Markham.
3. Which one of the Allerkamp daughters does Otto McNab marry?
4. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
5. Where does R.J. Poteet take horses and cattle for shipment to the East?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) Dodge City.
(d) San Antonio.
6. Who is Persifier's wife?
(b) Margaret Sue.
(c) Elizabeth Ann.
(d) Tessa Mae.
7. Todd Morrison becomes a multimillionaire in which industry?
(c) Real estate.
8. Who is Emma's son?
9. Colonel Persifier returns to his cotton plantation in which state?
10. Earnshaw Rusk is named as United States Indian Agent at _______________________.
(a) Camp Lincoln.
(b) Century City.
(c) Tranquility Village.
(d) Camp Hope.
11. The capital of Texas moved to _____________ in 1839.
(c) San Antonio.
12. Why does Beth Morrison have problems in school in Texas?
(a) She has a really strong accent.
(b) She didn't have some of the basic subjects.
(c) She started in the middle of the year.
(d) She is constantly reminded that she is not a native Texan.
13. Otto joins a police-like unit called a/an ________________________.
(a) Equine company.
(b) Tracker company.
(c) Legal company.
(d) Ranging company.
14. Which of the following is NOT in the same unit serving under General Lee?
15. Whom does Ransom Rusk marry in Larkin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Yancey gives himself the military title of __________________.
2. How do the army troops force the Indians to surrender and move to the reservations?
3. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
4. When the Klan whips a man named __________________, he visits Floyd Rusk the next day.
5. Who was one of the Mexican men who illegally crossed the U.S. border in 1961?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)