|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Emma's son?
2. Who is Laurel Cobb's wife?
(a) Sue Beth.
(b) Maggie Su.
(d) Jo Ellen.
3. Who is Persifier's wife?
(b) Tessa Mae.
(c) Elizabeth Ann.
(d) Margaret Sue.
4. Earnshaw Rusk is named as United States Indian Agent at _______________________.
(a) Camp Hope.
(b) Camp Lincoln.
(c) Tranquility Village.
(d) Century City.
5. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
6. What does Earnshaw Rust's wife do?
(a) Tames and sells wild horses.
(b) Teaches Indian children how to speak English.
(c) Works as a rancher.
(d) Delivers babies as a midwife.
7. What year is it in Chapter XII?
8. The group that Otto now belongs to is called ____________________.
(a) The Texas Rangers.
(b) The Texas Cowboys.
(c) The Texas Stars.
(d) The Texas Diplomats.
9. Santa Anna promises to end the war if the U.S. government would give him one half million dollars in gold and transport him to _________________.
(a) Vera Cruz.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Antonio.
10. With whom does Otto decide to work together?
(a) Marvin Ables.
(b) Martin Ascot.
(c) Michael Arbor.
(d) Marcus Astin.
11. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
12. Why does Laurel face trial within his church?
(a) He does not make his children attend church services.
(b) He is accused of encouraging women to dance.
(c) He has been seen with another man's wife.
(d) He has taken money from the church coffers.
13. Hector Garza lives in an area where ________________ of the population is Hispanic.
14. Yancey gives himself the military title of __________________.
15. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
(c) Boll weevils.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the Ku Klux Klan leaders in Larkin County?
2. Whom does Earnshaw Rust marry?
3. Earnshaw dies from complications following ____________________.
4. The colonel assigned to Fort Sam Garner and his men rescue _________________ who had been captured by the Indians.
5. The slave named _________________ sells cotton in Mexico and receives a letter of credit with which he buys land.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)