|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups is NOT welcome in Larkin County after the arrival of the Ku Klux Klan?
2. The group that Otto now belongs to is called ____________________.
(a) The Texas Diplomats.
(b) The Texas Rangers.
(c) The Texas Cowboys.
(d) The Texas Stars.
3. Earnshaw Rusk is a Quaker from which state?
4. Who gives the Rusks money to pay the bank when they can't make a mortgage payment?
5. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
(b) Boot making.
6. Who is Laurel Cobb's wife?
(a) Sue Beth.
(c) Maggie Su.
(d) Jo Ellen.
7. What is the nickname for Maria de la Luz?
(a) Mattie Luz.
(b) Mar de la Lopez.
(c) Lupe Luz.
(d) Lucha Lopez.
8. Yancey leads a movement to make ________________ a slave state.
9. Otto joins a police-like unit called a/an ________________________.
(a) Legal company.
(b) Tracker company.
(c) Ranging company.
(d) Equine company.
10. Earnshaw dies from complications following ____________________.
(a) A near drowning.
(b) A car accident.
(c) Being stomped by a horse.
(d) A knife wound.
11. Why does Laurel face trial within his church?
(a) He is accused of encouraging women to dance.
(b) He does not make his children attend church services.
(c) He has been seen with another man's wife.
(d) He has taken money from the church coffers.
12. Where does R.J. Poteet take horses and cattle for shipment to the East?
(b) Dodge City.
(c) San Antonio.
(d) Kansas City.
13. Which Texan becomes both Vice President and President of the United States?
(a) Hubert Humphrey.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) George McGovern.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
14. Why does Sam Houston resign as governor of Texas?
(a) His health is failing.
(b) He refuses to accept the Confederacy.
(c) He wants to run for U.S. President.
(d) He is retirement age.
15. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rust settlement gives the remaining Comanches permission to hunt ________________.
2. The Ku Klux Klan appears in Larken County in December of what year?
3. What does Earnshaw Rust's wife do?
4. Whom does Earnshaw Rust marry?
5. The colonel assigned to Fort Sam Garner and his men rescue _________________ who had been captured by the Indians.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)