|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the Ku Klux Klan leaders in Larkin County?
(a) Otto McNab.
(b) Hector Garza.
(c) Floyd Rusk.
(d) Laurel Cobb.
2. Yancey gives himself the military title of __________________.
3. Who gives the Rusks money to pay the bank when they can't make a mortgage payment?
4. Captain George Reed is sent to erect a fort which is then named _______________________.
(a) Fort Grant.
(b) Fort George Reed.
(c) Fort Reeves.
(d) Fort Sam Garner.
5. Where do Sett and Lissa purchase land in Texas?
6. Colonel Persifier returns to his cotton plantation in which state?
7. What does the man who works with Otto study?
8. What does Santa Anna do with the money given to him by the U.S. government?
(a) Buys jewels and art.
(b) Develops an army.
(c) Builds fortresses along the Rio Grande.
(d) Retires to Rio de Janeiro.
9. Colonel Persifier ______________ decides to leave the army after the Mexican War.
10. Hector Garza lives in an area where ________________ of the population is Hispanic.
11. Why does Sam Houston resign as governor of Texas?
(a) He is retirement age.
(b) He refuses to accept the Confederacy.
(c) He wants to run for U.S. President.
(d) His health is failing.
12. The Ku Klux Klan appears in Larken County in December of what year?
13. What is the name of the town that Earnshaw and Emma establish?
14. The Texas War for Independence ends with Santa Anna ______________________.
(a) Being demoted to a soldier.
(b) Being exiled from Mexico.
(c) Being captured.
(d) Being killed.
15. Which Texan becomes both Vice President and President of the United States?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) George McGovern.
(c) Hubert Humphrey.
(d) Richard Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
2. Where does R.J. Poteet take horses and cattle for shipment to the East?
3. How many children does the man in #159 have?
4. Peavine is chased out of the county because he is a troublemaker, but he returns and kills a _______________ named Parmenteer.
5. Whom does the first president of Texas marry?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)