|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The group that Otto now belongs to is called ____________________.
(a) The Texas Stars.
(b) The Texas Diplomats.
(c) The Texas Rangers.
(d) The Texas Cowboys.
2. Who is one of the Ku Klux Klan leaders in Larkin County?
(a) Hector Garza.
(b) Otto McNab.
(c) Laurel Cobb.
(d) Floyd Rusk.
3. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
4. Which Indians were responsible for mass burning and killing at San Antonio?
5. How old is Otto in Chapter VII?
6. Who is Laurel Cobb's wife?
(a) Maggie Su.
(b) Sue Beth.
(d) Jo Ellen.
7. Peavine is chased out of the county because he is a troublemaker, but he returns and kills a _______________ named Parmenteer.
8. Todd Morrison becomes a multimillionaire in which industry?
(b) Real estate.
9. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
10. How do the army troops force the Indians to surrender and move to the reservations?
(a) They burn their encampments.
(b) They kill off their animals.
(c) They force them at gunpoint.
(d) They begin to poison them.
11. Whom does Earnshaw Rust marry?
(a) Emma Seames.
(b) Emma Larkin.
(c) Suzanne Malvern.
(d) Elizabeth Morton.
12. Santa Anna promises to end the war if the U.S. government would give him one half million dollars in gold and transport him to _________________.
(a) San Antonio.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Vera Cruz.
13. The Rust settlement gives the remaining Comanches permission to hunt ________________.
14. Earnshaw Rusk is named as United States Indian Agent at _______________________.
(a) Camp Lincoln.
(b) Tranquility Village.
(c) Camp Hope.
(d) Century City.
15. Why does Sam Houston resign as governor of Texas?
(a) He is retirement age.
(b) He wants to run for U.S. President.
(c) He refuses to accept the Confederacy.
(d) His health is failing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yancey leads a movement to make ________________ a slave state.
2. Otto learns that Franza's brother has been trying to negotiate peace with the _________________ Indians.
3. Somersett Cobb is running against Yancey Quimper for which political office?
4. What does Santa Anna do with the money given to him by the U.S. government?
5. The colonel assigned to Fort Sam Garner and his men rescue _________________ who had been captured by the Indians.
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)