|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Earnshaw Rust marry?
(a) Suzanne Malvern.
(b) Emma Seames.
(c) Emma Larkin.
(d) Elizabeth Morton.
2. Why does Sam Houston resign as governor of Texas?
(a) He refuses to accept the Confederacy.
(b) His health is failing.
(c) He wants to run for U.S. President.
(d) He is retirement age.
3. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
4. What happens to the Germans at Fredericksbug who can't support the Civil War?
(a) They are exiled.
(b) Nothing happens to them.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They are hanged.
5. Colonel ___________________ is assigned to Fort Sam Garner and leads several raids against the Comanche Indians.
(a) Lewis Renfro.
(b) Edward Truelove.
(c) Nathan Bedford.
(d) Alexander Coffey.
6. Whom does Ransom Rusk marry in Larkin?
7. What is Earnshaw Rusk's job?
(a) To annihilate the Indians.
(b) To convert the Indians to Judaism.
(c) To get the Indians to move to reservations.
(d) To educate the Indians.
8. Which general is sent to Texas to protect the Texas border?
(a) General Douglas MacArthur.
(b) General Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) General Zachary Taylor.
(d) General Robert E. Lee.
9. Who gives the Rusks money to pay the bank when they can't make a mortgage payment?
10. With whom does Otto decide to work together?
(a) Martin Ascot.
(b) Michael Arbor.
(c) Marvin Ables.
(d) Marcus Astin.
11. Who was the U.S. Border Patrol agent who caught the man illegally crossing the border in 1961?
(a) Ben Talbot.
(b) Jack Murray.
(c) Bill Weston.
(d) Chris Miller.
12. Captain George Reed is sent to erect a fort which is then named _______________________.
(a) Fort Sam Garner.
(b) Fort Grant.
(c) Fort George Reed.
(d) Fort Reeves.
13. Earnshaw Rusk is named as United States Indian Agent at _______________________.
(a) Tranquility Village.
(b) Century City.
(c) Camp Lincoln.
(d) Camp Hope.
14. How is Franza's brother, Theo, killed during a visit to see him in Indianola?
(b) An Apache raid.
(c) A hurricane strike.
15. Who is Emma's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ransom Rusk's lawn is torn up by which animals?
2. Which Indians were responsible for mass burning and killing at San Antonio?
3. Black men in the army unit are known as __________________.
4. Peavine is chased out of the county because he is a troublemaker, but he returns and kills a _______________ named Parmenteer.
5. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)