|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man who would take pregnant women across the border into the U.S. so their child would be born an American citizen?
(a) El Godo.
(b) El Lobo.
(c) El Santo.
(d) El Loco.
2. Soon after Texas becomes a state, the ____________________ occurs from 1846-1848.
(a) Civil War.
(b) Revolutionary War.
(c) Mexican War.
(d) French and Indian War.
3. Todd Morrison becomes a multimillionaire in which industry?
(b) Real estate.
4. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
5. Who is Laurel Cobb's wife?
(a) Maggie Su.
(c) Jo Ellen.
(d) Sue Beth.
6. In Chapter XII, what is the largest city in Texas?
(d) San Antonio.
7. The group that Otto now belongs to is called ____________________.
(a) The Texas Rangers.
(b) The Texas Stars.
(c) The Texas Diplomats.
(d) The Texas Cowboys.
8. What is the name of the town that Earnshaw and Emma establish?
9. Laurel Cobb's cotton crop is ruined by __________________.
(d) Boll weevils.
10. Otto learns that Franza's brother has been trying to negotiate peace with the _________________ Indians.
11. Who is one of the Ku Klux Klan leaders in Larkin County?
(a) Laurel Cobb.
(b) Floyd Rusk.
(c) Hector Garza.
(d) Otto McNab.
12. Yancey Quimper acquires control of which type of business?
(b) Boot making.
13. Black men in the army unit are known as __________________.
(a) Midnight Soldiers.
(c) Buffalo Soldiers.
(d) Nigger Soldiers.
14. Which one of the Allerkamp daughters does Otto McNab marry?
15. What does the man who works with Otto study?
Short Answer Questions
1. Benito Garza becomes a ___________________.
2. Why does Sam Houston resign as governor of Texas?
3. The Ku Klux Klan appears in Larken County in December of what year?
4. Earnshaw Rusk is a Quaker from which state?
5. What does Santa Anna do with the money given to him by the U.S. government?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)