|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Texan becomes both Vice President and President of the United States?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) George McGovern.
(c) Hubert Humphrey.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
2. Where does R.J. Poteet take horses and cattle for shipment to the East?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) San Antonio.
(d) Dodge City.
3. How old is Otto in Chapter VII?
4. Where do Sett and Lissa purchase land in Texas?
5. Colonel ___________________ is assigned to Fort Sam Garner and leads several raids against the Comanche Indians.
(a) Nathan Bedford.
(b) Alexander Coffey.
(c) Lewis Renfro.
(d) Edward Truelove.
6. A black man and Floyd Rusk go into the _____________ business together.
7. Whom does Ransom Rusk marry in Larkin?
8. Comanche Chief _____________ holds a war council and decides to attack the settlement in #124.
(c) Red Cloud.
9. Otto joins a police-like unit called a/an ________________________.
(a) Ranging company.
(b) Legal company.
(c) Equine company.
(d) Tracker company.
10. Somersett Cobb is running against Yancey Quimper for which political office?
(c) U.S. Senator.
11. Which of the following is NOT in the same unit serving under General Lee?
12. What is Earnshaw Rusk's job?
(a) To get the Indians to move to reservations.
(b) To convert the Indians to Judaism.
(c) To educate the Indians.
(d) To annihilate the Indians.
13. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
14. Why does Laurel face trial within his church?
(a) He has been seen with another man's wife.
(b) He is accused of encouraging women to dance.
(c) He has taken money from the church coffers.
(d) He does not make his children attend church services.
15. The colonel assigned to Fort Sam Garner and his men rescue _________________ who had been captured by the Indians.
(a) Elaine Martin.
(b) Justine Mallory.
(c) Emma Larkin.
(d) Cecile Markham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups is NOT welcome in Larkin County after the arrival of the Ku Klux Klan?
2. When the Klan whips a man named __________________, he visits Floyd Rusk the next day.
3. Whom does the first president of Texas marry?
4. Who is Persifier's brother?
5. What happens to the Germans at Fredericksbug who can't support the Civil War?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)