|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santa Anna do with the money given to him by the U.S. government?
(a) Buys jewels and art.
(b) Develops an army.
(c) Retires to Rio de Janeiro.
(d) Builds fortresses along the Rio Grande.
2. Which general is sent to Texas to protect the Texas border?
(a) General Robert E. Lee.
(b) General Zachary Taylor.
(c) General Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) General Douglas MacArthur.
3. Which Presidential administration meets with the exiled Santa Anna?
4. Who is Emma's son?
5. Todd Morrison becomes a multimillionaire in which industry?
(d) Real estate.
6. How do the army troops force the Indians to surrender and move to the reservations?
(a) They burn their encampments.
(b) They begin to poison them.
(c) They kill off their animals.
(d) They force them at gunpoint.
7. Who is Persifier's wife?
(a) Margaret Sue.
(b) Elizabeth Ann.
(c) Tessa Mae.
8. Which family is the first to move into one of the abandoned houses at the fort to make a town?
(a) The Frank Yeager family.
(b) The Ernst Klopfer family.
(c) The Otto McNab family.
(d) The James Kerrigan family.
9. Under President ___________________, a new Peace Policy regarding the Indians was implemented in 1869.
10. What do Laurel and his wife open in Waxahachie?
(a) A ranch.
(b) A new cotton plantation.
(c) A dairy farm.
(d) A mercantile.
11. Which Texan becomes both Vice President and President of the United States?
(a) George McGovern.
(b) Hubert Humphrey.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
12. Hector Garza lives in an area where ________________ of the population is Hispanic.
13. Whom does the first president of Texas marry?
(a) Maria Bello.
(b) Magda Bowen.
(c) Betsy Belle.
(d) Sally Beale.
14. With whom does Otto decide to work together?
(a) Michael Arbor.
(b) Martin Ascot.
(c) Marcus Astin.
(d) Marvin Ables.
15. Yancey leads a movement to make ________________ a slave state.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mexican army retreats after a few battles at ___________________.
2. How old is Otto in Chapter VII?
3. Colonel ___________________ is assigned to Fort Sam Garner and leads several raids against the Comanche Indians.
4. The Texas War for Independence ends with Santa Anna ______________________.
5. Who is one of the Ku Klux Klan leaders in Larkin County?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)