|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Benito spot and urge to run away prior to the massacre at Goliad?
2. What does Ramon give Domingo Garza's family when he learns that his granddaughter is interested in him?
(a) A dowry of money and land.
(b) A ranch.
(c) Land far away from where they live.
(d) Gold bricks.
3. What do the Quimpers establish at their settlement?
(a) Quimpers Trading Post.
(b) Quimpers Church.
(c) Quimpers School.
(d) Quimpers Ferry.
4. What happens to Father Clooney after he converts Finlay and Otto to Catholicism?
(a) He is dragged by his horse.
(b) He dies in his sleep.
(c) He is wounded in a street brawl.
(d) He returns to Chicago.
5. Why is the man who is visiting the governor in Texas?
(a) He is buying real estate.
(b) He is attending an inauguration.
(c) He is to give a series of guest lectures.
(d) He is visiting relatives.
6. Ramon is the owner of El Codo, located outside ____________________.
(a) San Antonio.
(c) El Paso.
7. Which location was another site of battles in the Texas revolution?
8. In 1558, Marcos arranges a marriage between Garcilaco and ____________________.
(a) Maria Victoria.
(b) Dolores Vasquez.
(c) Elena Gonzalez.
(d) Maria Cruz.
9. What river do Avara and Frey Damian cross during their inspections?
(a) The Pecos River.
(b) The Rio Grande River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Colorado River.
10. Which girl does Simon Garza marry?
11. D'Zmbreuze is killed while protecting Trinidad from ______________________.
(a) An Apache attack.
(b) A rushing river.
(c) A bear.
(d) A runaway horse.
12. The Quimper family comes from which state?
(a) South Carolina.
13. Garcilaco's master says they must deliver their goods to _____________________.
(c) San Jose.
14. What is Simon Garza's profession?
15. Benito Garza decides to side with __________________ in the revolution.
(a) Santa Anna.
(b) Jim Bowie.
(c) Davy Crockett.
(d) The Conquistadors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first son born to Alvara and Benita?
2. Who is Damian's assistant?
3. At Ayish Bayou, Father Clooney officiates at a _________________.
4. What is a mestizo?
5. In what city is the man visiting the governor?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)