|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Benito spot and urge to run away prior to the massacre at Goliad?
2. Who is McNab's son?
3. How old is Garcilaco when his marriage is arranged?
4. Finlay learns that he must ___________________ and get married in order to obtain land.
(a) Become a U.S. citizen.
(b) Put down a deposit.
(c) Convert to Catholicism.
(d) Stake a claim.
5. What are passeos?
6. What is the requirement of the governor's wishes?
(a) It should be a good Public Relations vehicle for Texas.
(b) It should memorialize a famous Texan.
(c) It should teach children about Texas.
(d) It should generate revenue for Texas.
7. Which of their relatives do Mordecai and Amalia Marr join at the Alamo?
(a) Davy Crockett.
(b) William Travis.
(c) Jim Bowie.
(d) Zave Campbell.
8. Who tells Finlay McNab about how to obtain land in America?
(a) A mercantile owner.
(b) A minister.
(c) A riverboat owner.
(d) A traveling salesman.
9. Which of the following do the Quimpers NOT experience as they travel across Texas?
10. Who is Damian's assistant?
(a) Friar Manuel.
(b) Friar Domingo.
(c) Friar Dante.
(d) Friar Miguel.
11. Who is one of the first men killed at the battle of the Alamo?
(a) Davy Crockett.
(b) Jim Bowie.
(c) Daniel Boone.
(d) Colonel William Travis.
12. What happens to Father Clooney after he converts Finlay and Otto to Catholicism?
(a) He returns to Chicago.
(b) He dies in his sleep.
(c) He is wounded in a street brawl.
(d) He is dragged by his horse.
13. Why had Ramon tried to kill Mordacai Marr?
(a) He burned his house.
(b) He stole horses from him.
(c) He had dishonored Trinidad.
(d) He murdered Trinidad.
14. The requirement of Mexican law to get land resulted in many ___________________.
(b) Religious uprisings.
(c) Illegitimate children.
(d) Bigamist marriages.
15. Father Francis Xavier Clooney tells the Quimpers that they will get no land in Texas unless _______________________.
(a) They stake a claim.
(b) They register in the capital.
(c) They convert to Catholicism.
(d) They donate to the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frey Damian receives permission to try to convert the ____________________.
2. Which girl does Simon Garza marry?
3. Who is appointed as the chairman of the Task Force?
4. Who is the first son born to Alvara and Benita?
5. In 1558, Marcos arranges a marriage between Garcilaco and ____________________.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)