|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Benito Garza's sisters does McNab marry?
2. What happens to Father Clooney after he converts Finlay and Otto to Catholicism?
(a) He is dragged by his horse.
(b) He dies in his sleep.
(c) He is wounded in a street brawl.
(d) He returns to Chicago.
3. What is a Sesquicentennial?
(a) 200th anniversary.
(b) 75th anniversary.
(c) 150th anniversary.
(d) 100th anniversary.
4. How old is Ramon, son of Alvara and Benita, in Chapter III?
5. Who is Jubal Quimpers' son?
6. Dr. Herman Carter attends the Task Force meeting and talks about ______________________.
(c) Problems along the border.
7. The Quimper family comes from which state?
(b) South Carolina.
8. What business is Rene-Claude d'Ambreuze in?
9. General Santa Anna began his march from Saltillo on January 26, ________________.
10. With which general does Garcilaco go on an expedition?
(a) General Valdez.
(b) General Navarro.
(c) General Coronado.
(d) General Mendoza.
11. A group of people from the ______________________ is brought to settle the area around Bexar.
(a) Canary Islands.
(b) Fiji Islands.
(c) Galapogos Islands.
(d) Bahama Islands.
12. Who is the first son born to Alvara and Benita?
13. Whom does Garcilao recognize when visiting the bishop?
14. Who tells Finlay McNab about how to obtain land in America?
(a) A traveling salesman.
(b) A riverboat owner.
(c) A mercantile owner.
(d) A minister.
15. Garcilaco's master says they must deliver their goods to _____________________.
(b) San Jose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who marries Avara?
2. The Quimpers settle in an area of which river?
3. Ramon is the owner of El Codo, located outside ____________________.
4. How does Jubal Quimper die?
5. What do the Quimpers establish at their settlement?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)