|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A group of people from the ______________________ is brought to settle the area around Bexar.
(a) Canary Islands.
(b) Bahama Islands.
(c) Fiji Islands.
(d) Galapogos Islands.
2. What business is Rene-Claude d'Ambreuze in?
3. What does Dr. Barlow anticipate among the members of the Task Force?
4. What river do Avara and Frey Damian cross during their inspections?
(a) The Rio Grande River.
(b) The Colorado River.
(c) The Pecos River.
(d) The Mississippi River.
5. Father Francis Xavier Clooney tells the Quimpers that they will get no land in Texas unless _______________________.
(a) They stake a claim.
(b) They register in the capital.
(c) They convert to Catholicism.
(d) They donate to the church.
6. Which of the following do Mordecai and Amalia Marr NOT meet at the Alamo?
(a) Davy Crockett.
(b) Jim Bowie.
(c) James Bonham.
(d) Daniel Boone.
7. What is a mestizo?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A breed of horse.
(c) A person of mixed racial ancestry.
(d) A Mexican pastry.
8. How old is Ramon, son of Alvara and Benita, in Chapter III?
9. Which of the following do the Quimpers NOT experience as they travel across Texas?
10. How many graduate students will help the Task Force?
11. Which location was another site of battles in the Texas revolution?
12. Who is the man that is summoned to the Texas governor's office?
(a) Dr. Bristol.
(b) Dr. Benton.
(c) Dr. Barlow.
(d) Dr. Bennigan.
13. Who is one of the first men killed at the battle of the Alamo?
(a) Davy Crockett.
(b) Daniel Boone.
(c) Colonel William Travis.
(d) Jim Bowie.
14. Who tells Finlay McNab about how to obtain land in America?
(a) A riverboat owner.
(b) A minister.
(c) A traveling salesman.
(d) A mercantile owner.
15. What happens to Father Clooney after he converts Finlay and Otto to Catholicism?
(a) He returns to Chicago.
(b) He dies in his sleep.
(c) He is dragged by his horse.
(d) He is wounded in a street brawl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Garcilaco in Chapter I?
2. With which general does Garcilaco go on an expedition?
3. What is Simon Garza's profession?
4. To what U.S. city did Finlay McNab flee when he got into trouble with the law in Bristol, England?
5. Whom does Garcilao recognize when visiting the bishop?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)