|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McNab learns that the papers for the land he paid ________________________ for are not legitimate.
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
2. General Santa Anna began his march from Saltillo on January 26, ________________.
3. What does Ramon give Domingo Garza's family when he learns that his granddaughter is interested in him?
(a) Land far away from where they live.
(b) Gold bricks.
(c) A ranch.
(d) A dowry of money and land.
4. What is a mestizo?
(a) A Mexican pastry.
(b) A breed of horse.
(c) A person of mixed racial ancestry.
(d) A jacket.
5. How old is Ramon, son of Alvara and Benita, in Chapter III?
6. Which of the following is NOT a person to whom the man is introduced in the governor's office?
(a) Ransom Rusk.
(b) Hugo Gonzalez.
(c) Lorena Cobb.
(d) Lorenzo Quimper.
7. How old is Garcilaco in Chapter I?
8. Whom does Benito spot and urge to run away prior to the massacre at Goliad?
9. How old is Garcilaco when his marriage is arranged?
10. Garcilaco's master sells him to a friar named ____________________.
(a) Esteban Gonzalez.
(b) Placido Mendez.
(c) Frey Marcos.
(d) Julio Cruz.
11. Whom does Garcilao recognize when visiting the bishop?
12. Ramon is the owner of El Codo, located outside ____________________.
(c) San Antonio.
(d) El Paso.
13. What river do Avara and Frey Damian cross during their inspections?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) The Rio Grande River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Pecos River.
14. What is the requirement of the governor's wishes?
(a) It should generate revenue for Texas.
(b) It should be a good Public Relations vehicle for Texas.
(c) It should memorialize a famous Texan.
(d) It should teach children about Texas.
15. The Quimper family comes from which state?
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what U.S. city did Finlay McNab flee when he got into trouble with the law in Bristol, England?
2. What nationality is Finlay McNab?
3. How many children does Trinidad have?
4. On what date did Santa Anna's attack on the Alamo begin?
5. Who is Jubal Quimpers' wife?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)