|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an auto-de-fe?
(a) A public penance ritual.
(b) A crop rotation method.
(c) A steamship.
(d) A harvest festival.
2. How old is Garcilaco in Chapter I?
3. D'Zmbreuze is killed while protecting Trinidad from ______________________.
(a) A rushing river.
(b) A bear.
(c) An Apache attack.
(d) A runaway horse.
4. How old is Ramon, son of Alvara and Benita, in Chapter III?
5. Father Francis Xavier Clooney tells the Quimpers that they will get no land in Texas unless _______________________.
(a) They donate to the church.
(b) They stake a claim.
(c) They register in the capital.
(d) They convert to Catholicism.
6. How many people are in the Quimper family heading for Texas in Chapter IV?
7. How many children does Trinidad have?
8. What does Ramon give Domingo Garza's family when he learns that his granddaughter is interested in him?
(a) Gold bricks.
(b) A dowry of money and land.
(c) A ranch.
(d) Land far away from where they live.
9. A group of people from the ______________________ is brought to settle the area around Bexar.
(a) Bahama Islands.
(b) Galapogos Islands.
(c) Fiji Islands.
(d) Canary Islands.
10. What nationality is Finlay McNab?
11. Garcilaco's master sells him to a friar named ____________________.
(a) Frey Marcos.
(b) Esteban Gonzalez.
(c) Julio Cruz.
(d) Placido Mendez.
12. Ramon is the owner of El Codo, located outside ____________________.
(a) El Paso.
(b) San Antonio.
13. How many graduate students will help the Task Force?
14. In what U.S. city did Finlay McNab work with a livestock merchant?
15. What do the Quimpers establish at their settlement?
(a) Quimpers Ferry.
(b) Quimpers School.
(c) Quimpers Church.
(d) Quimpers Trading Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. McNab learns that the papers for the land he paid ________________________ for are not legitimate.
2. Who tells Finlay McNab about how to obtain land in America?
3. What do Garcilaco and his wife find of Marcos' after Marcos dies?
4. What business is Rene-Claude d'Ambreuze in?
5. What is the requirement of the governor's wishes?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)