|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Father Francis Xavier Clooney tells the Quimpers that they will get no land in Texas unless _______________________.
(a) They convert to Catholicism.
(b) They register in the capital.
(c) They donate to the church.
(d) They stake a claim.
2. Frey Damian receives permission to try to convert the ____________________.
3. The requirement of Mexican law to get land resulted in many ___________________.
(b) Bigamist marriages.
(c) Religious uprisings.
(d) Illegitimate children.
4. General Santa Anna began his march from Saltillo on January 26, ________________.
5. The Task Force held in October of 1983 discusses which subject?
6. What is a Sesquicentennial?
(a) 200th anniversary.
(b) 150th anniversary.
(c) 75th anniversary.
(d) 100th anniversary.
7. Who is Friar Damian de Saldana's brother that is an officer in the army?
8. What happens to Father Clooney after he converts Finlay and Otto to Catholicism?
(a) He is wounded in a street brawl.
(b) He dies in his sleep.
(c) He is dragged by his horse.
(d) He returns to Chicago.
9. Who is Jubal Quimpers' wife?
10. To what U.S. city did Finlay McNab flee when he got into trouble with the law in Bristol, England?
(b) New York.
11. What is Simon Garza's profession?
12. Who is the first son born to Alvara and Benita?
13. Which of the following do the Quimpers NOT experience as they travel across Texas?
14. Who is Damian's assistant?
(a) Friar Dante.
(b) Friar Miguel.
(c) Friar Manuel.
(d) Friar Domingo.
15. In what city is the man visiting the governor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Barlow anticipate among the members of the Task Force?
2. Garcilaco's master says they must deliver their goods to _____________________.
3. How does Jubal Quimper die?
4. What is an auto-de-fe?
5. Which of their relatives do Mordecai and Amalia Marr join at the Alamo?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)