|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Quimper family comes from which state?
(a) South Carolina.
2. In what town did the Franciscans build a teaching center?
3. What is a mestizo?
(a) A Mexican pastry.
(b) A breed of horse.
(c) A person of mixed racial ancestry.
(d) A jacket.
4. Who is Damian's assistant?
(a) Friar Dante.
(b) Friar Miguel.
(c) Friar Domingo.
(d) Friar Manuel.
5. Why had Ramon tried to kill Mordacai Marr?
(a) He had dishonored Trinidad.
(b) He stole horses from him.
(c) He burned his house.
(d) He murdered Trinidad.
6. Whom does Benito spot and urge to run away prior to the massacre at Goliad?
7. On what date did Santa Anna's attack on the Alamo begin?
(a) February 5, 1836.
(b) September 15, 1836.
(c) March 4, 1836.
(d) April 19, 1836.
8. When did the Franciscans build a teaching center?
(a) Mid 1800s.
(b) Early 1900s.
(c) Late 1600s.
(d) Early 1700s.
9. How many people are in the Quimper family heading for Texas in Chapter IV?
10. Who is Jubal Quimpers' son?
11. To what U.S. city did Finlay McNab flee when he got into trouble with the law in Bristol, England?
(d) New York.
12. What do the Quimpers establish at their settlement?
(a) Quimpers Church.
(b) Quimpers School.
(c) Quimpers Trading Post.
(d) Quimpers Ferry.
13. Where had Finlay McNab studied?
(a) St. Albans.
(b) St. Andrews.
14. What is Simon Garza's profession?
15. Finlay McNab worked as a merchant husbandman near ______________________.
(a) Belfast, Ireland.
(c) London, England.
(d) Cardiff, Wales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Trinidad eventually marry?
2. In what U.S. city did Finlay McNab work with a livestock merchant?
3. How many children does Trinidad have?
4. Ramon is the owner of El Codo, located outside ____________________.
5. Who is Jubal Quimpers' wife?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)