|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Trinidad eventually marry?
(a) Lararo Veramidi.
(b) Rene-Claude d'Ambreuze.
(c) Domingo Garza.
(d) Mordacai Marr.
2. What starts the siege at the Alamo?
(a) The Mexican soldiers attacked at night.
(b) The men inside refuse to surrender.
(c) The Mexican soldiers infiltrated the fort.
(d) The men inside shoot the Mexican soldiers.
3. Who is Friar Damian de Saldana's brother that is an officer in the army?
4. What year is it in Chapter I when Garcilaco travels to Mexico City?
5. At Ayish Bayou, Father Clooney officiates at a _________________.
(a) Ground breaking.
6. Why had Ramon tried to kill Mordacai Marr?
(a) He had dishonored Trinidad.
(b) He murdered Trinidad.
(c) He stole horses from him.
(d) He burned his house.
7. Who is Ramon's granddaughter?
8. In what city is the man visiting the governor?
9. Benito Garza feels thinks that the Alamo will last ________________ days if it is under siege.
10. What is a Sesquicentennial?
(a) 150th anniversary.
(b) 200th anniversary.
(c) 100th anniversary.
(d) 75th anniversary.
11. Garcilaco's master says they must deliver their goods to _____________________.
(c) San Jose.
12. Where had Finlay McNab studied?
(b) St. Andrews.
(d) St. Albans.
13. The requirement of Mexican law to get land resulted in many ___________________.
(a) Bigamist marriages.
(c) Religious uprisings.
(d) Illegitimate children.
14. Who tells Finlay McNab about how to obtain land in America?
(a) A minister.
(b) A traveling salesman.
(c) A mercantile owner.
(d) A riverboat owner.
15. How old is Garcilaco in Chapter I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What river do Avara and Frey Damian cross during their inspections?
2. Which of the following do Mordecai and Amalia Marr NOT meet at the Alamo?
3. A group of people from the ______________________ is brought to settle the area around Bexar.
4. What is an auto-de-fe?
5. What do the Quimpers establish at their settlement?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)