|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Quimpers settle in an area of which river?
(a) The Rio Grande.
(b) The San Antonio River.
(c) The Brazos River.
(d) The Waco River.
2. What do Garcilaco and his wife find of Marcos' after Marcos dies?
(a) Hidden gold.
(b) Property deeds.
(c) Illegitimate children.
(d) Former wives.
3. Garcilaco's master sells him to a friar named ____________________.
(a) Esteban Gonzalez.
(b) Frey Marcos.
(c) Placido Mendez.
(d) Julio Cruz.
4. To what U.S. city did Finlay McNab flee when he got into trouble with the law in Bristol, England?
(d) New York.
5. Benito Garza decides to side with __________________ in the revolution.
(a) Santa Anna.
(b) Davy Crockett.
(c) The Conquistadors.
(d) Jim Bowie.
6. A/An ____________________ Indian named Kronk befriends the Quimpers.
7. Garcilaco loves to hear the men's stories and is interested in the Seven Cities of _________________.
8. Who is the first son born to Alvara and Benita?
9. How many graduate students will help the Task Force?
10. How old is Ramon, son of Alvara and Benita, in Chapter III?
11. Which of their relatives do Mordecai and Amalia Marr join at the Alamo?
(a) Davy Crockett.
(b) Jim Bowie.
(c) William Travis.
(d) Zave Campbell.
12. What does the Texas governor want by the Sesquicentennial?
(a) A folk festival.
(b) A parade.
(c) A statue.
(d) A report.
13. How many cultural inheritance groups are there in Texas?
14. What does Ramon give Domingo Garza's family when he learns that his granddaughter is interested in him?
(a) A ranch.
(b) Land far away from where they live.
(c) A dowry of money and land.
(d) Gold bricks.
15. D'Zmbreuze is killed while protecting Trinidad from ______________________.
(a) An Apache attack.
(b) A rushing river.
(c) A bear.
(d) A runaway horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is appointed as the chairman of the Task Force?
2. What starts the siege at the Alamo?
3. How many people are in the Quimper family heading for Texas in Chapter IV?
4. Frey Damian receives permission to try to convert the ____________________.
5. The Task Force held in October of 1983 discusses which subject?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)