|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Quimpers settle in an area of which river?
(a) The Waco River.
(b) The Rio Grande.
(c) The San Antonio River.
(d) The Brazos River.
2. What does Ramon give Domingo Garza's family when he learns that his granddaughter is interested in him?
(a) Gold bricks.
(b) A dowry of money and land.
(c) A ranch.
(d) Land far away from where they live.
3. How old is Garcilaco in Chapter I?
4. What is an auto-de-fe?
(a) A crop rotation method.
(b) A steamship.
(c) A public penance ritual.
(d) A harvest festival.
5. Who is Jubal Quimpers' son?
6. To what U.S. city did Finlay McNab flee when he got into trouble with the law in Bristol, England?
(b) New York.
7. Who tells Finlay McNab about how to obtain land in America?
(a) A traveling salesman.
(b) A mercantile owner.
(c) A minister.
(d) A riverboat owner.
8. Which of the following do the Quimpers NOT experience as they travel across Texas?
9. Frey Damian receives permission to try to convert the ____________________.
10. In what city is the man visiting the governor?
11. Why had Ramon tried to kill Mordacai Marr?
(a) He murdered Trinidad.
(b) He stole horses from him.
(c) He had dishonored Trinidad.
(d) He burned his house.
12. What is Simon Garza's profession?
13. D'Zmbreuze is killed while protecting Trinidad from ______________________.
(a) A runaway horse.
(b) A rushing river.
(c) An Apache attack.
(d) A bear.
14. Who kills Ramon?
(a) Mordacai Marr.
(c) Sararo Veramidi.
(d) Domingo Garza.
15. What business is Rene-Claude d'Ambreuze in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Finlay McNab?
2. Those men who supported the Texas revolution were mostly _______________________.
3. What happens to Father Clooney after he converts Finlay and Otto to Catholicism?
4. How many graduate students will help the Task Force?
5. What is the requirement of the governor's wishes?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)