|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jubal Quimpers' son?
2. Which man is instrumental in the capture of Santa Anna?
3. Which of the following do the Quimpers NOT experience as they travel across Texas?
4. General Santa Anna began his march from Saltillo on January 26, ________________.
5. Garcilaco loves to hear the men's stories and is interested in the Seven Cities of _________________.
6. Whom does Trinidad eventually marry?
(a) Lararo Veramidi.
(b) Rene-Claude d'Ambreuze.
(c) Mordacai Marr.
(d) Domingo Garza.
7. Who is the first son born to Alvara and Benita?
8. To what U.S. city did Finlay McNab flee when he got into trouble with the law in Bristol, England?
(c) New York.
9. How old is Garcilaco when his marriage is arranged?
10. How old is Ramon, son of Alvara and Benita, in Chapter III?
11. Father Francis Xavier Clooney tells the Quimpers that they will get no land in Texas unless _______________________.
(a) They register in the capital.
(b) They convert to Catholicism.
(c) They donate to the church.
(d) They stake a claim.
12. What is an auto-de-fe?
(a) A public penance ritual.
(b) A steamship.
(c) A harvest festival.
(d) A crop rotation method.
13. Who is Damian's assistant?
(a) Friar Miguel.
(b) Friar Domingo.
(c) Friar Manuel.
(d) Friar Dante.
14. Which location was another site of battles in the Texas revolution?
15. The requirement of Mexican law to get land resulted in many ___________________.
(b) Illegitimate children.
(c) Bigamist marriages.
(d) Religious uprisings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts the siege at the Alamo?
2. Garcilaco's master sells him to a friar named ____________________.
3. How many graduate students will help the Task Force?
4. Benito Garza decides to side with __________________ in the revolution.
5. Dr. Herman Carter attends the Task Force meeting and talks about ______________________.
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)