|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McNab learns that the papers for the land he paid ________________________ for are not legitimate.
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Two thousand dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
2. Ramon is the owner of El Codo, located outside ____________________.
(c) El Paso.
(d) San Antonio.
3. The requirement of Mexican law to get land resulted in many ___________________.
(b) Bigamist marriages.
(c) Illegitimate children.
(d) Religious uprisings.
4. Benito Garza decides to side with __________________ in the revolution.
(a) The Conquistadors.
(b) Davy Crockett.
(c) Santa Anna.
(d) Jim Bowie.
5. In what U.S. city did Finlay McNab work with a livestock merchant?
6. Who marries Avara?
7. Why is the man who is visiting the governor in Texas?
(a) He is visiting relatives.
(b) He is to give a series of guest lectures.
(c) He is attending an inauguration.
(d) He is buying real estate.
8. What business is Rene-Claude d'Ambreuze in?
9. How many children does Trinidad have?
10. What does Ramon give Domingo Garza's family when he learns that his granddaughter is interested in him?
(a) Land far away from where they live.
(b) A dowry of money and land.
(c) A ranch.
(d) Gold bricks.
11. What is the requirement of the governor's wishes?
(a) It should generate revenue for Texas.
(b) It should memorialize a famous Texan.
(c) It should be a good Public Relations vehicle for Texas.
(d) It should teach children about Texas.
12. Which of their relatives do Mordecai and Amalia Marr join at the Alamo?
(a) William Travis.
(b) Davy Crockett.
(c) Jim Bowie.
(d) Zave Campbell.
13. What nationality is Finlay McNab?
14. What is unique about the Task Force members?
(a) They are all politicians.
(b) They are philanthropists.
(c) They have a long family history in Texas.
(d) They are all educators.
15. The Quimpers settle in an area of which river?
(a) The Waco River.
(b) The Brazos River.
(c) The San Antonio River.
(d) The Rio Grande.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Herman Carter attends the Task Force meeting and talks about ______________________.
2. Who is one of the first men killed at the battle of the Alamo?
3. What year is it in Chapter I when Garcilaco travels to Mexico City?
4. Whom does Trinidad eventually marry?
5. How old is Ramon, son of Alvara and Benita, in Chapter III?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)