|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Trinidad eventually marry?
(a) Mordacai Marr.
(b) Domingo Garza.
(c) Rene-Claude d'Ambreuze.
(d) Lararo Veramidi.
2. Who tells Finlay McNab about how to obtain land in America?
(a) A riverboat owner.
(b) A traveling salesman.
(c) A mercantile owner.
(d) A minister.
3. D'Zmbreuze is killed while protecting Trinidad from ______________________.
(a) An Apache attack.
(b) A runaway horse.
(c) A bear.
(d) A rushing river.
4. Garcilaco's master says they must deliver their goods to _____________________.
(b) San Jose.
5. The Task Force held in October of 1983 discusses which subject?
6. Whom does Benito spot and urge to run away prior to the massacre at Goliad?
7. Why had Ramon tried to kill Mordacai Marr?
(a) He murdered Trinidad.
(b) He stole horses from him.
(c) He had dishonored Trinidad.
(d) He burned his house.
8. What year is it in Chapter I when Garcilaco travels to Mexico City?
9. How old is Garcilaco when his marriage is arranged?
10. General Santa Anna began his march from Saltillo on January 26, ________________.
11. How old is Ramon, son of Alvara and Benita, in Chapter III?
12. Finlay learns that he must ___________________ and get married in order to obtain land.
(a) Convert to Catholicism.
(b) Put down a deposit.
(c) Become a U.S. citizen.
(d) Stake a claim.
13. How many cultural inheritance groups are there in Texas?
14. The Quimper family comes from which state?
(c) South Carolina.
15. What is a mestizo?
(a) A Mexican pastry.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A breed of horse.
(d) A person of mixed racial ancestry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river do Avara and Frey Damian cross during their inspections?
2. Which girl does Simon Garza marry?
3. To what U.S. city did Finlay McNab flee when he got into trouble with the law in Bristol, England?
4. What business is Rene-Claude d'Ambreuze in?
5. Which of the following do the Quimpers NOT experience as they travel across Texas?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)