|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI, The Frontier.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yancey Quimper withdraw from the political race?
(a) Earnshaw Rusk exposes his fraud.
(b) He has family obligations to tend to.
(c) He is injured and cannot serve.
(d) He buys a new ranch instead.
2. What is the name of the town that Earnshaw and Emma establish?
3. Which family is the first to move into one of the abandoned houses at the fort to make a town?
(a) The James Kerrigan family.
(b) The Ernst Klopfer family.
(c) The Frank Yeager family.
(d) The Otto McNab family.
4. Somersett Cobb is running against Yancey Quimper for which political office?
(b) U.S. Senator.
5. With whom does Otto decide to work together?
(a) Marvin Ables.
(b) Marcus Astin.
(c) Martin Ascot.
(d) Michael Arbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Trinidad have?
2. What does Ramon give Domingo Garza's family when he learns that his granddaughter is interested in him?
3. Why can Benito not inherit the ten thousand acres owned by the Garza women?
4. Why had Ramon tried to kill Mordacai Marr?
5. How is Franza's brother, Theo, killed during a visit to see him in Indianola?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)