The Governor's Task Force
• Dr. Travis Barlow is summoned to the office of the governor of Texas, where he is introduced to a group of four people: Ransom Rusk, Lorenzo Quimper, Lorena Cobb, and Professor Efrain Garza.
• The governor wants a report in time for the Texas Sesquicentennial. It is to emphasize what makes Texas unique from other states and how to instill a love for Texas in the children.
• The group is to travel around the state and hold meetings in different areas.
• Barlow is appointed the chairman of the Task Force.
• Lorena says the report should emphasize the seven cultural inheritances that include Indian, Spanish-Mexican, Kentucky-Tennessee settlers, settlers from the Old South, the Blacks, Cowboys, German, and European settlers.
• Each of the members of the Task Force has a long family history in Texas.
Chapter I, Land of Many Lands
• A ten-year-old boy named...
This section contains 4,929 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)