|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pop announce he is finished with?
2. What does Tex realize about Lem?
3. Who picks Tex up after he walks out of the school?
4. Which one of Jamie's brothers does she say has disappointed her father?
5. What revelation does Mason make about Tex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing in detail the relationship between Tex and Mason and how it changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
This novel has several examples of irony in it. Write an essay about these examples, being sure to include at least three examples of irony. Explain why they are ironic and how the author develops this sense throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Tex's relationship with his father and how it changes throughout the novel. Use specific examples from novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)