|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that keeps Tex's mind off of his horse?
2. Why doesn't Tex go to the car wash to pick up another girl after he drops off Jamie?
3. From whom does Tex receive a letter?
4. Who picks Tex up after he walks out of the school?
5. What happened the night Tex was shot that has upset Johnny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Write an essay describing the relationship between Cole and Tex throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2Write an essay describing how Johnny's relationship with his own father may change as a result of the events in this novel. Use information from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3Write an essay describing the many good choices that Tex makes throughout the novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)