|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tex think Mason should be relieved and happy?
2. What does Lem ask Mason to tell the police?
3. Why did Cole make Tex hang up the phone?
4. What advice does the vice principal give to Tex?
5. The news about the kidnapping makes the news in how many states?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel has several examples of irony in it. Write an essay about these examples, being sure to include at least three examples of irony. Explain why they are ironic and how the author develops this sense throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how bullying occurred throughout this novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Mason and Tex might improve once Mason has gone off to college.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)