|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Pop decided to come home?
2. Why does Tex say he will never shoot anything again?
3. Who does Tex talk to when he is allowed outside at lunchtime?
4. What revelation does Lem make about Mason?
5. What does Tex tell Lem when he gets out of the truck after being shot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the many good choices that Tex makes throughout the novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Considering that Mason reveals that Pop is not Tex's father, write an essay reflecting back throughout the events in the novel regarding Tex and Mason's behavior. Be sure to include specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Tex and Pop may change as a result of Tex having all of the facts about his history. Use information from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)