|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does the vice principal give to Tex?
2. Why has Pop decided to come home?
3. What is Pop doing instead of taking Tex to buy back his horse?
4. Who does Lem call when he takes the phone from Tex?
5. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the many good choices that Tex makes throughout the novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing in detail the relationship between Tex and Mason and how it changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In this novel, Tex often gets into trouble in school, yet the teachers and vice principal seem to support him. Write an essay explaining why this is the case. Use supporting details from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)