|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes how Mason feels after Tex tells him he should definitely go to college?
2. What revelation does Mason make about Tex?
3. Who is the first person Tex talks to upon waking in the hospital?
4. What happened the night Tex was shot that has upset Johnny?
5. What does Tex wonder about love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel has several examples of irony in it. Write an essay about these examples, being sure to include at least three examples of irony. Explain why they are ironic and how the author develops this sense throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Tex often embarrasses himself, particularly around girls. Write an essay describing some of the incidents and make an evaluation as to your rationale as to why Tex is so immature and uneducated when it comes to flirting with girls. Remember to use supporting details from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Considering that Mason reveals that Pop is not Tex's father, write an essay reflecting back throughout the events in the novel regarding Tex and Mason's behavior. Be sure to include specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)