|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Pop decided to come home?
2. What does Tex tell Lem when he gets out of the truck after being shot?
3. What does Tex wonder about love?
4. Who replaces Mason in the basketball game?
5. Who is the first person Tex talks to upon waking in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the societal prejudices of being poor. Include examples from your own personal experience and examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In this novel, Tex often gets into trouble in school, yet the teachers and vice principal seem to support him. Write an essay explaining why this is the case. Use supporting details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Tex's relationship with his father and how it changes throughout the novel. Use specific examples from novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)