|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lem remind Tex of after he reads his letter?
2. From whom does Tex receive a letter?
3. The news about the kidnapping makes the news in how many states?
4. How long does Mason think Pop will stay?
5. Why does Tex think Mason should be relieved and happy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the many poor choices that Tex makes throughout the novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how bullying occurred throughout this novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Mason and Tex might improve once Mason has gone off to college.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)