|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Johnny most worried about finding out about the prank?
2. Which one of Jamie's brothers does she say has disappointed her father?
3. What is the reason, as Tex thinks, for the Collins' trip to Disneyland?
4. What does Lem ask of Tex?
5. What does Tex realize about Lem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel has several examples of irony in it. Write an essay about these examples, being sure to include at least three examples of irony. Explain why they are ironic and how the author develops this sense throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay expounding upon the idea that Cole took the entire family on a vacation to Disneyland in order to bury the hatchet with Blackie. Explain why he might want to do this.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the realizations that Tex has come to throughout the novel and what led to these realizations. Be sure to use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)