|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mason have nightmares about?
2. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
3. Where is Pop before he heads home?
4. How long does Mason think Pop will stay?
5. What did Tex tell Mason before he had surgery in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay expounding upon the idea that Cole took the entire family on a vacation to Disneyland in order to bury the hatchet with Blackie. Explain why he might want to do this.
Essay Topic 2
Tex often embarrasses himself, particularly around girls. Write an essay describing some of the incidents and make an evaluation as to your rationale as to why Tex is so immature and uneducated when it comes to flirting with girls. Remember to use supporting details from the text.
Essay Topic 3
In this novel, Tex often gets into trouble in school, yet the teachers and vice principal seem to support him. Write an essay explaining why this is the case. Use supporting details from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)