|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that keeps Tex's mind off of his horse?
2. Which one of Jamie's brothers does she say has disappointed her father?
3. What are Tex and Mason inundated with?
4. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
5. Under what circumstances does Pop tell Tex that he was conceived?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this novel, Tex often gets into trouble in school, yet the teachers and vice principal seem to support him. Write an essay explaining why this is the case. Use supporting details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Considering that Mason reveals that Pop is not Tex's father, write an essay reflecting back throughout the events in the novel regarding Tex and Mason's behavior. Be sure to include specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Mason's relationship with his father and how it is described throughout the novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)