|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
2. What will Tex be able to start in the next week once he is well enough?
3. What is the only thing that keeps Tex's mind off of his horse?
4. Who does Lem call when he takes the phone from Tex?
5. What does Lem tell his wife to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Considering that Mason reveals that Pop is not Tex's father, write an essay reflecting back throughout the events in the novel regarding Tex and Mason's behavior. Be sure to include specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Tex and Pop may change as a result of Tex having all of the facts about his history. Use information from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the relationship between Cole and Tex throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)