|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lem tell his wife to do?
2. What is one topic that Johnny and Tex cannot talk to each other about?
3. What is the only thing that keeps Tex's mind off of his horse?
4. Why don't the people Lem is talking to want Tex to go outside and wait?
5. What does Tex indicate is the worst thing that could happen to the two of them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mason was diagnosed with a non-serious ulcer. Imagine that he had been diagnosed with a much more serious disease. Write an essay describing how other events in the novel might have changed based on this different diagnosis.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how bullying occurred throughout this novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the societal prejudices of being poor. Include examples from your own personal experience and examples from the text.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)