|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tex tell Mason to hurt his feelings?
2. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
3. What does Tex wonder about love?
4. What promise did Johnny make with God in regards to Cole and Tex?
5. What is Pop doing instead of taking Tex to buy back his horse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tex often embarrasses himself, particularly around girls. Write an essay describing some of the incidents and make an evaluation as to your rationale as to why Tex is so immature and uneducated when it comes to flirting with girls. Remember to use supporting details from the text.
Essay Topic 2
This novel has several examples of irony in it. Write an essay about these examples, being sure to include at least three examples of irony. Explain why they are ironic and how the author develops this sense throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about how Jamie feels about Tex. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)