|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Jamie tell Mason their marriage would last?
2. What advice does the vice principal give to Tex?
3. Which word best describes how Mason feels after Tex tells him he should definitely go to college?
4. What is Pop doing instead of taking Tex to buy back his horse?
5. What does Tex tell Lem when he gets out of the truck after being shot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the many good choices that Tex makes throughout the novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the societal prejudices of being poor. Include examples from your own personal experience and examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Mason was diagnosed with a non-serious ulcer. Imagine that he had been diagnosed with a much more serious disease. Write an essay describing how other events in the novel might have changed based on this different diagnosis.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)