|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pop explain Tex's mother contracted pneumonia?
2. Where did Mason attack Lem?
3. Who picks Tex up after he walks out of the school?
4. Which one of Jamie's brothers does she say has disappointed her father?
5. Why did Cole make Tex hang up the phone?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay expounding upon the idea that Cole took the entire family on a vacation to Disneyland in order to bury the hatchet with Blackie. Explain why he might want to do this.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the many poor choices that Tex makes throughout the novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Mason's relationship with his father and how it is described throughout the novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)