|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends the funeral of the hitchhiker?
2. Why does Tex think Mason yells at him?
3. Who picks Tex up after he walks out of the school?
4. Who is the first person Tex talks to upon waking in the hospital?
5. How does Tex answer the questions the police ask him?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how Johnny's relationship with his own father may change as a result of the events in this novel. Use information from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the realizations that Tex has come to throughout the novel and what led to these realizations. Be sure to use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Tex often embarrasses himself, particularly around girls. Write an essay describing some of the incidents and make an evaluation as to your rationale as to why Tex is so immature and uneducated when it comes to flirting with girls. Remember to use supporting details from the text.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)