|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tex accused of in the outdoor sporting goods store?
2. Which word best describes Mason's medical condition?
3. What is Mason's biggest goal?
4. What does the gym teacher want from Tex?
5. Which of the following words best describes the relationship between Tex and Mason based only on this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tex start the riot?
2. What epiphany does Tex come to after the incident at the outdoor store?
3. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
4. What kind of summer job did the Miss Johnson find for Tex?
5. What does Tex finally realize about Mason leaving?
6. What happened to Tex's mother?
7. How does Tex react to Mason's news?
8. What is surprising to Tex that Mason says toward the end of the chapter?
9. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
10. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Tex and Pop may change as a result of Tex having all of the facts about his history. Use information from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing in detail the relationship between Tex and Mason and how it changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the many poor choices that Tex makes throughout the novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)