|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week do the events of chapter five occur?
2. What does the hitchhiker say he will do if Tex continues to speed?
3. What happens on the drive back home from the city?
4. How many horses did Tex and Mason own between the two of them?
5. Who accepts full responsibility for the night of drunkenness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
2. What happened to Tex's mother?
3. What does Mason tell Pop it takes to have a family?
4. Why does Mason take Tex to visit Negrito?
5. How does Tex handle the revelation that Pop is not his father?
6. How does Tex feel after he overhears what Jamie says to her friends?
7. What promise does Tex keep in this chapter?
8. Why is Mason frustrated with his life?
9. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
10. Why does Mason believe Cole dislikes he and Tex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the realizations that Tex has come to throughout the novel and what led to these realizations. Be sure to use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In this novel, Tex often gets into trouble in school, yet the teachers and vice principal seem to support him. Write an essay explaining why this is the case. Use supporting details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about how Jamie feels about Tex. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)