|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Mason and Tex think could be the next 'hitchhiker'?
2. Which of the following was the name of Tex's horse?
3. How long has Tex known Lem?
4. What does Cole demand to Mason?
5. How many horses did Tex and Mason own between the two of them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
2. What do you believe is Tex's favorite activity to do?
3. What is surprising to Tex that Mason says toward the end of the chapter?
4. How would you describe the relationship between Tex and Cole?
5. How does Tex react to Mason's news?
6. What does Tex remind Jamie about relationships?
7. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
8. Why is Mason in a bad mood when Tex arrives home?
9. Why is Mason frustrated with his life?
10. Why did Tex and Jamie end their relationship at the end of this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the realizations that Tex has come to throughout the novel and what led to these realizations. Be sure to use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Mason was diagnosed with a non-serious ulcer. Imagine that he had been diagnosed with a much more serious disease. Write an essay describing how other events in the novel might have changed based on this different diagnosis.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Tex's relationship with his father and how it changes throughout the novel. Use specific examples from novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)