|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamie suggest Tex and Johnny go at the fair?
2. What announcement does Mason and Tex's nighttime visitor share?
3. How long has Pop been gone?
4. Whom does Tex run into when he leaves the sporting goods store?
5. Who visits Mason and Tex at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tex and Jamie end their relationship at the end of this chapter?
2. What do you believe is Tex's favorite activity to do?
3. How does Pop react to the situation that Tex has gotten himself in?
4. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
5. What happened to Tex's mother?
6. What does Tex finally realize about Mason leaving?
7. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
8. Why is Mason in a bad mood when Tex arrives home?
9. How does Tex react to Mason's news?
10. What was one event in this chapter which could be considered good thinking on Tex's part?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing Tex's relationship with his father and how it changes throughout the novel. Use specific examples from novel to provide examples to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Mason and Tex might improve once Mason has gone off to college.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the relationship between Cole and Tex throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)