|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character agrees with Jamie about the new baby?
2. Which word sums up Tex's experiences with women while Mason is at the hospital?
3. What does Tex overhear Jamie saying?
4. How did Tex get the wounds that Mason was tending to at the beginning of this chapter?
5. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tex realize about Lem once he gets in the car?
2. How would you describe the relationship between Tex and Cole?
3. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
4. What characteristics does the fact that Tex makes the bike jump show about him?
5. Why does Jamie think that Cole would like to have Mason as his son?
6. Why did Tex and Jamie end their relationship at the end of this chapter?
7. How does Tex handle the revelation that Pop is not his father?
8. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
9. How does Lem come to the revelation that Mason wants respect more than money?
10. How did Mason get the heat to be turned back on the next day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the realizations that Tex has come to throughout the novel and what led to these realizations. Be sure to use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Mason and Tex might improve once Mason has gone off to college.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing in detail the relationship between Tex and Mason and how it changes throughout the novel.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)