Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Tex feels as he goes to pick up Mason from the hospital?
2. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
3. For how long is Johnny grounded from his motorbike?
4. When does Tex think their father will return?
5. What is Tex accused of in the outdoor sporting goods store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tex finally realize about Mason leaving?
2. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
3. What role would you say Mason has had to fulfill for Tex?
4. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
5. How does Mason react to Lem's decision for work?
6. Why does Mason believe Cole dislikes he and Tex?
7. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
8. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
9. What happened to Tex's mother?
10. What kind of summer job did the Miss Johnson find for Tex?
Essay Topic 1
Tex enjoyed one book in particular and at the end compares his relationship to Mason to an event in the book. Write an essay comparing the relationship between yourself and someone else to that of Tex and Mason in this book. Be sure to include specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the realizations that Tex has come to throughout the novel and what led to these realizations. Be sure to use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Tex's relationship with his father and how it changes throughout the novel. Use specific examples from novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)