|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do they visit once they leave the fair?
2. Who did the hitchhiker remind Tex of?
3. Which word best describes how Tex feels when he first wakes up in the morning?
4. Where does Jamie suggest Tex and Johnny go at the fair?
5. What causes Johnny and Tex to stop speaking for a period of time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
2. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
3. What epiphany does Tex come to after the incident at the outdoor store?
4. What do you believe is Tex's favorite activity to do?
5. Why do you think Mason is skipping the fair this year?
6. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
7. What probably saved Tex's life?
8. How did Tex start the riot?
9. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
10. What promise does Pop make to Tex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the realizations that Tex has come to throughout the novel and what led to these realizations. Be sure to use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how bullying occurred throughout this novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how Johnny's relationship with his own father may change as a result of the events in this novel. Use information from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)