|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lem's parents feel about his decision to leave school and get married?
2. How do Johnny and Tex feel after they have both made their attempts?
3. Where is Tex told to drive?
4. Where is the fair?
5. What does Lem tell Mason and Tex he is doing for work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is surprising to Tex that Mason says toward the end of the chapter?
2. What is an example of how Tex is different than his mother?
3. What probably saved Tex's life?
4. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
5. In what way is Mason impressive in this chapter?
6. How does Mason ruin Tex's good mood?
7. How does Tex apologize to Johnny?
8. How does Mason react to Lem's decision for work?
9. How can you tell by reading this that Tex cares for Jamie?
10. How does Mason hope to escape his home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing Tex's relationship with his father and how it changes throughout the novel. Use specific examples from novel to provide examples to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Considering that Mason reveals that Pop is not Tex's father, write an essay reflecting back throughout the events in the novel regarding Tex and Mason's behavior. Be sure to include specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Mason's relationship with his father and how it is described throughout the novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)