|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
2. Where is Mason and Tex's father?
3. What did the police tell Tex and Mason the hitchhiker was in jail for?
4. What is Mason's biggest goal?
5. How does Tex feel about the conversation about staying or going after his friends leave the fortune teller?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mason in a bad mood when Tex arrives home?
2. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
3. How can you tell by reading this that Tex cares for Jamie?
4. What does Tex realize about Lem once he gets in the car?
5. What does Mason accuse Tex of regularly?
6. What was one event in this chapter which could be considered good thinking on Tex's part?
7. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
8. How would you describe the relationship between Tex and Cole?
9. How does Tex handle the revelation that Pop is not his father?
10. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the many poor choices that Tex makes throughout the novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the relationship between Cole and Tex throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
This novel has several examples of irony in it. Write an essay about these examples, being sure to include at least three examples of irony. Explain why they are ironic and how the author develops this sense throughout the novel.
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)