Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Tex feels as he goes to pick up Mason from the hospital?
2. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
3. For how long is Johnny grounded from his motorbike?
4. When does Tex think their father will return?
5. What is Tex accused of in the outdoor sporting goods store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tex finally realize about Mason leaving?
2. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
3. What role would you say Mason has had to fulfill for Tex?
4. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
5. How does Mason react to Lem's decision for work?
6. Why does Mason believe Cole dislikes he and Tex?
7. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
8. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
9. What happened to Tex's mother?
10. What kind of summer job did the Miss Johnson find for Tex?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Mason and Tex might improve once Mason has gone off to college.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay expounding upon the idea that Cole took the entire family on a vacation to Disneyland in order to bury the hatchet with Blackie. Explain why he might want to do this.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Mason's relationship with his father and how it is described throughout the novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)