|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes how Tex feels when he first wakes up in the morning?
2. When does Mason think their father will return?
3. Which of the following words best describes how Tex feels once he finds out how where Mason is really going?
4. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
5. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tex apologize to Johnny?
2. How does Lem come to the revelation that Mason wants respect more than money?
3. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
4. What goes through Tex's mind when he considers that Mason may be quite ill?
5. Who keeps their cool during the hitchhiker incident?
6. How does Mason ruin Tex's good mood?
7. What is Tex facing for the second time that same day?
8. How did Tex start the riot?
9. How can you tell Tex's English teacher and the vice principal seem concerned with Tex's welfare?
10. What was one event in this chapter which could be considered good thinking on Tex's part?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the many good choices that Tex makes throughout the novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing Mason's relationship with his father and how it is described throughout the novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Mason and Tex might improve once Mason has gone off to college.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)