|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main problem of this chapter?
2. Which word best describes how Tex feels when he first wakes up in the morning?
3. Where is the fair?
4. How long has Tex been sleepwalking?
5. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lem leave school and town?
2. What kind of summer job did the Miss Johnson find for Tex?
3. Why does Tex think he was allowed to leave the outdoor store?
4. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
5. How does Mason hope to escape his home?
6. Why does Tex decide to pick up the hitchhiker?
7. In what way is Mason impressive in this chapter?
8. What was one event in this chapter which could be considered good thinking on Tex's part?
9. How does Tex react to Mason's news?
10. What event helps Tex to better understand how much Mason cares for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Write an essay describing the societal prejudices of being poor. Include examples from your own personal experience and examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2Write an essay describing in detail the relationship between Tex and Mason and how it changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3Write an essay describing how Johnny's relationship with his own father may change as a result of the events in this novel. Use information from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)