|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Johnny like to ride his motorbike?
2. Where does Jamie suggest Tex and Johnny go at the fair?
3. Who did the hitchhiker remind Tex of?
4. Who is Tex going to the fair with?
5. Which character regularly gets in trouble in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
2. What is Tex facing for the second time that same day?
3. What problem does Jamie have with Lem's life?
4. What does Tex remind Jamie about relationships?
5. What promise does Tex keep in this chapter?
6. What is surprising to Tex that Mason says toward the end of the chapter?
7. How does Tex apologize to Johnny?
8. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
9. Why does Jamie think that Cole would like to have Mason as his son?
10. How does Tex handle the revelation that Pop is not his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay expounding upon the idea that Cole took the entire family on a vacation to Disneyland in order to bury the hatchet with Blackie. Explain why he might want to do this.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how bullying occurred throughout this novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the many good choices that Tex makes throughout the novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)