|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tex chasing in his dreams?
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Tex feels as he goes to pick up Mason from the hospital?
3. Where does Tex go first after dropping off Mason at the hospital?
4. Why is Tex surprised to see Mason at home after school?
5. Which character regularly gets in trouble in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tex believe he will never see Lem again?
2. What epiphany does Tex come to after the incident at the outdoor store?
3. What do you believe is Tex's favorite activity to do?
4. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
5. How does Tex feel after he overhears what Jamie says to her friends?
6. How would you describe the relationship between Tex and Cole?
7. What was one event in this chapter which could be considered good thinking on Tex's part?
8. What is an example of how Tex is different than his mother?
9. How did Tex start the riot?
10. Why do you think Mason is skipping the fair this year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about how Jamie feels about Tex. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how Johnny's relationship with his own father may change as a result of the events in this novel. Use information from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing in detail the relationship between Tex and Mason and how it changes throughout the novel.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)