|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What announcement does Mason and Tex's nighttime visitor share?
2. How does Tex feel about the conversation about staying or going after his friends leave the fortune teller?
3. Which word best describes how Tex feels when Cole is around?
4. Which word best describes how Tex feels when he first wakes up in the morning?
5. Which word best describes Tex's behavior with the female clerk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Tex's mother?
2. What problem does Jamie have with Lem's life?
3. What does Mason accuse Tex of regularly?
4. What characteristics does the fact that Tex makes the bike jump show about him?
5. How can you tell Tex's English teacher and the vice principal seem concerned with Tex's welfare?
6. What promise does Tex keep in this chapter?
7. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
8. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
9. Why does Jamie think that Cole would like to have Mason as his son?
10. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tex enjoyed one book in particular and at the end compares his relationship to Mason to an event in the book. Write an essay comparing the relationship between yourself and someone else to that of Tex and Mason in this book. Be sure to include specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about how Jamie feels about Tex. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Tex's relationship with his father and how it changes throughout the novel. Use specific examples from novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)