|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes how Mason reacts to Cole's accusations?
2. Why does Tex increase his speed?
3. Which of the following words best describes the relationship between Tex and Mason based only on this chapter?
4. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
5. Where does Johnny like to ride his motorbike?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tex think he was allowed to leave the outdoor store?
2. What was one event in this chapter which could be considered good thinking on Tex's part?
3. What epiphany does Tex come to after the incident at the outdoor store?
4. What probably saved Tex's life?
5. How does Mason hope to escape his home?
6. What is an example of how Tex is different than his mother?
7. Why would you say Tex is concerned about people leaving?
8. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
9. What does Mason accuse Tex of regularly?
10. What do you believe is Tex's favorite activity to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing in detail the relationship between Tex and Mason and how it changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the relationship between Cole and Tex throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Mason was diagnosed with a non-serious ulcer. Imagine that he had been diagnosed with a much more serious disease. Write an essay describing how other events in the novel might have changed based on this different diagnosis.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)