|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tex feel the hitchhiker died?
2. How do Johnny and Tex feel after they have both made their attempts?
3. What is it Cole wants to know?
4. Which of the following types of people does the fortune teller say that Tex is?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT a member of Tex's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would you say Tex is concerned about people leaving?
2. Why does Tex decide to pick up the hitchhiker?
3. What does Tex remind Jamie about relationships?
4. How does Tex handle the revelation that Pop is not his father?
5. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
6. How did Mason get the heat to be turned back on the next day?
7. What problem does Jamie have with Lem's life?
8. What probably saved Tex's life?
9. In what way is Mason impressive in this chapter?
10. Why did Tex and Jamie end their relationship at the end of this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
Tex enjoyed one book in particular and at the end compares his relationship to Mason to an event in the book. Write an essay comparing the relationship between yourself and someone else to that of Tex and Mason in this book. Be sure to include specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
This novel has several examples of irony in it. Write an essay about these examples, being sure to include at least three examples of irony. Explain why they are ironic and how the author develops this sense throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how bullying occurred throughout this novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)