|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
2. What activity did Tex and Johnny spend a lot of time doing during the previous summer?
3. Which character agrees with Jamie about the new baby?
4. What is the likely reason for the heat being turned off in the house?
5. How did Lem's parents feel about his decision to leave school and get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pop react to the situation that Tex has gotten himself in?
2. What is an example of how Tex is different than his mother?
3. Why is Tex upset with Mason at the end of this chapter?
4. How does Mason ruin Tex's good mood?
5. What is surprising to Tex that Mason says toward the end of the chapter?
6. How did Mason get the heat to be turned back on the next day?
7. Why is Mason frustrated with his life?
8. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
9. How does Tex react to Mason's news?
10. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Tex and Pop may change as a result of Tex having all of the facts about his history. Use information from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Tex enjoyed one book in particular and at the end compares his relationship to Mason to an event in the book. Write an essay comparing the relationship between yourself and someone else to that of Tex and Mason in this book. Be sure to include specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Mason was diagnosed with a non-serious ulcer. Imagine that he had been diagnosed with a much more serious disease. Write an essay describing how other events in the novel might have changed based on this different diagnosis.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)