|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tex do to an art project which got him in trouble?
2. Where does Tex sneak to where he is almost caught by Cole?
3. What happens on Johnny's attempt?
4. What does the hitchhiker try to do as he leaves the vehicle?
5. What is the main problem of this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pop react to the situation that Tex has gotten himself in?
2. What problem does Jamie have with Lem's life?
3. Why is Tex upset with Mason at the end of this chapter?
4. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
5. Why does Tex decide to pick up the hitchhiker?
6. Why is Mason frustrated with his life?
7. Why does Jamie think that Cole would like to have Mason as his son?
8. What was one event in this chapter which could be considered good thinking on Tex's part?
9. Why does Mason believe Cole dislikes he and Tex?
10. Why does Tex believe he will never see Lem again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel has several examples of irony in it. Write an essay about these examples, being sure to include at least three examples of irony. Explain why they are ironic and how the author develops this sense throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the realizations that Tex has come to throughout the novel and what led to these realizations. Be sure to use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Mason's relationship with his father and how it is described throughout the novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)