|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mason tell Tex is wrong with him?
2. On what day of the week do the events of chapter five occur?
3. What is Mason's biggest goal?
4. Who did the hitchhiker remind Tex of?
5. Who visits Mason and Tex at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characteristics does the fact that Tex makes the bike jump show about him?
2. What problem does Jamie have with Lem's life?
3. Why does Tex think he was allowed to leave the outdoor store?
4. What is Tex facing for the second time that same day?
5. What does the fortune teller advise Tex?
6. In what way is Mason impressive in this chapter?
7. How can you tell Tex's English teacher and the vice principal seem concerned with Tex's welfare?
8. What does Mason accuse Tex of regularly?
9. What goes through Tex's mind when he considers that Mason may be quite ill?
10. What role would you say Mason has had to fulfill for Tex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tex enjoyed one book in particular and at the end compares his relationship to Mason to an event in the book. Write an essay comparing the relationship between yourself and someone else to that of Tex and Mason in this book. Be sure to include specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
In this novel, Tex often gets into trouble in school, yet the teachers and vice principal seem to support him. Write an essay explaining why this is the case. Use supporting details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Tex's relationship with his father and how it changes throughout the novel. Use specific examples from novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)