|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Tex's teachers really seems to care for him?
2. What does Tex overhear Jamie saying?
3. Who is Tex going to the fair with?
4. Which of the following words best describes how Tex feels once he finds out how where Mason is really going?
5. What is Tex accused of in the outdoor sporting goods store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tex realize about Lem once he gets in the car?
2. What epiphany does Tex come to after the incident at the outdoor store?
3. Why does Tex decide to pick up the hitchhiker?
4. What does Mason tell Pop it takes to have a family?
5. What does Tex finally realize about Mason leaving?
6. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
7. Why does Tex believe he will never see Lem again?
8. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
9. What problem does Jamie have with Lem's life?
10. How does Mason react to Lem's decision for work?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Mason and Tex might improve once Mason has gone off to college.
Essay Topic 2
Tex enjoyed one book in particular and at the end compares his relationship to Mason to an event in the book. Write an essay comparing the relationship between yourself and someone else to that of Tex and Mason in this book. Be sure to include specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Tex often embarrasses himself, particularly around girls. Write an essay describing some of the incidents and make an evaluation as to your rationale as to why Tex is so immature and uneducated when it comes to flirting with girls. Remember to use supporting details from the text.
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)