|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
2. What season is it as this story opens?
3. What activity does Tex enjoy doing before going to school?
4. Which of the following words best describes the relationship between Tex and Mason based only on this chapter?
5. What is Tex accused of trying to steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tex and Jamie end their relationship at the end of this chapter?
2. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
3. What characteristics does the fact that Tex makes the bike jump show about him?
4. How does Mason ruin Tex's good mood?
5. How does Mason hope to escape his home?
6. How does Tex apologize to Johnny?
7. How does Tex handle the revelation that Pop is not his father?
8. Why does Johnny lose the right to ride his motorbike at the beginning of chapter four?
9. Why does Tex think he was allowed to leave the outdoor store?
10. How did Tex start the riot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how bullying occurred throughout this novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay expounding upon the idea that Cole took the entire family on a vacation to Disneyland in order to bury the hatchet with Blackie. Explain why he might want to do this.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing in detail the relationship between Tex and Mason and how it changes throughout the novel.
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)