|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mason announce that he has to go?
2. Where is Mason and Tex's father?
3. Who do Mason and Tex think could be the next 'hitchhiker'?
4. Which word sums up Tex's experiences with women while Mason is at the hospital?
5. Which of the following words best describes how Tex feels once he finds out how where Mason is really going?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pop react to the situation that Tex has gotten himself in?
2. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
3. What epiphany does Tex come to after the incident at the outdoor store?
4. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
5. Why would you say Tex is concerned about people leaving?
6. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
7. What is surprising to Tex that Mason says toward the end of the chapter?
8. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
9. Why is Tex upset with Mason at the end of this chapter?
10. What characteristics does the fact that Tex makes the bike jump show about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the many poor choices that Tex makes throughout the novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
In this novel, Tex often gets into trouble in school, yet the teachers and vice principal seem to support him. Write an essay explaining why this is the case. Use supporting details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Tex's relationship with his father and how it changes throughout the novel. Use specific examples from novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)