|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
2. Why is Tex surprised to see Mason at home after school?
3. Who is Tex going to the fair with?
4. What does Cole demand to Mason?
5. What kinds of questions does Tex ask Mason about on the drive back home from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise does Pop make to Tex?
2. How does Mason hope to escape his home?
3. Why doesn't Tex pay much attention to Lem or what he is doing?
4. Why did Lem leave school and town?
5. What does Tex finally realize about Mason leaving?
6. What role would you say Mason has had to fulfill for Tex?
7. What happened to Tex's mother?
8. How can you tell Tex's English teacher and the vice principal seem concerned with Tex's welfare?
9. How did Mason get the heat to be turned back on the next day?
10. Why do you think Mason is skipping the fair this year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the relationship between Cole and Tex throughout the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing Tex's relationship with his father and how it changes throughout the novel. Use specific examples from novel to provide examples to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how bullying occurred throughout this novel. Use specific examples from the novel to provide examples to support your essay.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)