|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it as this story opens?
2. Which word sums up Tex's experiences with women while Mason is at the hospital?
3. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
4. Where is the fair?
5. How does Tex end the crisis with the hitchhiker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tex facing for the second time that same day?
2. Why does Mason take Tex to visit Negrito?
3. What goes through Tex's mind when he considers that Mason may be quite ill?
4. What does Mason tell Pop it takes to have a family?
5. How does Mason hope to escape his home?
6. Why did Lem leave school and town?
7. Why did Tex and Jamie end their relationship at the end of this chapter?
8. Why do you think Mason is skipping the fair this year?
9. What do you believe is Tex's favorite activity to do?
10. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing in detail the relationship between Tex and Mason and how it changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Tex and Pop may change as a result of Tex having all of the facts about his history. Use information from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how Johnny's relationship with his own father may change as a result of the events in this novel. Use information from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)