|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes how Tex feels once he finds out how where Mason is really going?
2. Where is Tex told to drive?
3. Which of the following words best describes the relationship between Tex and Mason based only on this chapter?
4. What kinds of questions does Tex ask Mason about on the drive back home from the hospital?
5. Where is the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tex apologize to Johnny?
2. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
3. What does Mason accuse Tex of regularly?
4. What does Tex remind Jamie about relationships?
5. Why is Mason frustrated with his life?
6. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
7. In what way is Mason impressive in this chapter?
8. Why did Tex and Jamie end their relationship at the end of this chapter?
9. How would you describe the relationship between Tex and Cole?
10. What problem does Jamie have with Lem's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this novel, Tex often gets into trouble in school, yet the teachers and vice principal seem to support him. Write an essay explaining why this is the case. Use supporting details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay expounding upon the idea that Cole took the entire family on a vacation to Disneyland in order to bury the hatchet with Blackie. Explain why he might want to do this.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the relationship between Mason and Tex might improve once Mason has gone off to college.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)