|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the man with the summer job decide to give the job to Tex?
(a) Because he promised Miss Johnson
(b) Because Pop paid him to wait for Tex to heal
(c) Because he saw him at the fair working with horses
(d) Because he owed the police a favor
2. Who does Lem remind Tex of after he reads his letter?
(a) Cole and his wife
(b) Mason and his girlfriend
(c) Pop and his young wife
(d) Tex and Jamie
3. What is one topic that Johnny and Tex cannot talk to each other about?
4. What is the only thing that keeps Tex's mind off of his horse?
(a) School work
(b) Fighting with Mason
(c) Having Pop back in his life
(d) His relationship with Jamie
5. What does Lem ask of Tex?
(a) Not to tell Mason that he wrote a letter to him
(b) Not to tell anyone where he is
(c) Not to ever try to find him
(d) Never to tell the truth
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason, as Tex thinks, for the Collins' trip to Disneyland?
2. What does Tex wonder about love?
3. What do Mason and Cole discuss when Cole arrives at the vice principal's office?
4. Why doesn't Tex stop Lem from making one stop on his way back to the city?
5. Which one of Jamie's brothers does she say has disappointed her father?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)