|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character regularly gets in trouble in school?
2. Where is Tex told to drive?
(a) To a different city
(b) Directly to their home
(c) Back to the city
(d) To the state line
3. What is the main problem of this chapter?
(a) Father away at the rodeo circuit
(b) Lost horses
(c) Lack of money
(d) No heat in the house
4. Where does Jamie suggest Tex and Johnny go at the fair?
(a) Fortune Teller
(b) Haunted House
(d) Food stands
5. What kinds of questions does Tex ask Mason about on the drive back home from the hospital?
(a) Questions about Jamie
(b) Questions about their mother
(c) Questions about pop
(d) Questions about girls
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week do the events of chapter five occur?
2. Where does Mason announce that he has to go?
3. Who accepts full responsibility for the night of drunkenness?
4. What did Tex's mother die from?
5. What does Mason tell Tex is wrong with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tex remind Jamie about relationships?
2. Why does Tex believe he will never see Lem again?
3. What probably saved Tex's life?
4. What is an example of how Tex is different than his mother?
5. What epiphany does Tex come to after the incident at the outdoor store?
6. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
7. Why do you think Mason is skipping the fair this year?
8. Why doesn't Tex pay much attention to Lem or what he is doing?
9. Why is Tex upset with Mason at the end of this chapter?
10. What does the fortune teller advise Tex?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)