|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lem tell Mason and Tex he is doing for work?
(a) A go-between selling drugs
(b) Using welfare
(c) Making illegal drugs
(d) Working in a lumber yard
2. Which of the following terms best describes how Tex feels as he goes to pick up Mason from the hospital?
3. Which word best describes Mason's feelings as he describes them to Bob?
4. How did Lem's parents feel about his decision to leave school and get married?
(a) They stopped talking to Lem totally
(b) They were happy
(c) They were relieved
(d) They were unhappy
5. What happens on the drive back home from the city?
(a) Tex picks up a hitchhiker
(b) Tex gets a speeding ticket
(c) Mason needs to stop to be ill by the side of the road
(d) Tex and Mason give Jamie a ride back to her house
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT a Collins?
2. What happens to the hitchhiker?
3. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
4. How does Tex do when he attempts the same thing as Johnny?
5. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
2. Why does Jamie think that Cole would like to have Mason as his son?
3. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
4. Why is Tex upset with Mason at the end of this chapter?
5. What is an example of how Tex is different than his mother?
6. How can you tell Tex's English teacher and the vice principal seem concerned with Tex's welfare?
7. What does the fortune teller advise Tex?
8. What kind of summer job did the Miss Johnson find for Tex?
9. What does Mason tell Pop it takes to have a family?
10. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)