|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Johnny like to ride his motorbike?
(b) Gravel pits
2. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
3. What activity does Tex enjoy doing before going to school?
(a) Riding his horse
(b) Playing basketball
(d) Riding his motorbike
4. What activity did Tex and Johnny spend a lot of time doing during the previous summer?
(a) Riding horses
(c) Going to summer school
(d) Riding a motorbike
5. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
(a) Jumping over a creek
(b) Riding down a dangerous canyon
(c) Riding up the side of a mountain
(d) Jumping over Tex
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes how Tex feels when he first wakes up in the morning?
2. How did Tex get the wounds that Mason was tending to at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Where is Tex told to drive?
4. What does Tex realize that the hitchhiker has in regards to Mason?
5. Who does Cole want to blame for the boys drunkenness the night before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tex finally realize about Mason leaving?
2. How does Mason ruin Tex's good mood?
3. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
4. Why does Mason take Tex to visit Negrito?
5. What kind of summer job did the Miss Johnson find for Tex?
6. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
7. How does Tex handle the revelation that Pop is not his father?
8. Why does Tex think he was allowed to leave the outdoor store?
9. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
10. Who keeps their cool during the hitchhiker incident?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)