|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accepts full responsibility for the night of drunkenness?
2. What forces Johnny and Tex to finally start speaking to each other again?
(a) Johnny's injury on his motorbike
(b) Pop returning home to be with Tex and Mason
(c) Jamie's threatening to no longer speak to Tex
(d) Cole going out of town
3. What is the main problem of this chapter?
(a) Father away at the rodeo circuit
(b) Lost horses
(c) No heat in the house
(d) Lack of money
4. What is Tex accused of in the outdoor sporting goods store?
(a) Sexual Harassment
(b) Taking merchandise off of the shelf without permission
(d) Parking in a loading zone
5. Why is Tex sad when they leave Tex's house?
(a) Because he thinks Lem will be killed selling drugs
(b) Because he thinks Mason will be too sick for Tex to make it back to the city
(c) Because he thinks he will never see him again
(d) Because Lem will no longer want to see Tex or Mason
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the vice principal generally respond when Tex is sent there?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT a Collins?
3. What causes Johnny and Tex to stop speaking for a period of time?
4. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
5. For how long is Johnny grounded from his motorbike?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
2. How does Tex react to Mason's news?
3. Why does Johnny lose the right to ride his motorbike at the beginning of chapter four?
4. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
5. How does Mason react to Lem's decision for work?
6. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
7. What is an example of how Tex is different than his mother?
8. Why would you say Tex is concerned about people leaving?
9. How does Tex feel after he overhears what Jamie says to her friends?
10. What does Tex remind Jamie about relationships?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)