|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forces Johnny and Tex to finally start speaking to each other again?
(a) Johnny's injury on his motorbike
(b) Jamie's threatening to no longer speak to Tex
(c) Pop returning home to be with Tex and Mason
(d) Cole going out of town
2. Why is Tex surprised to see Mason at home after school?
(a) He usually is doing something basketball related
(b) He gets out of school later than Tex
(c) He is not surprised; Mason is usually home before him
(d) He should be at his job
3. Which character agrees with Jamie about the new baby?
4. Which of the following words best describes how Tex feels once he finds out how where Mason is really going?
5. Where does Tex go first after dropping off Mason at the hospital?
(a) Hospital waiting room
(c) Shopping center
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of questions does Tex ask Mason about on the drive back home from the hospital?
2. What did the police tell Tex and Mason the hitchhiker was in jail for?
3. How does Tex get out of the situation at the sporting goods store?
4. Who do Mason and Tex think could be the next 'hitchhiker'?
5. How did Lem's parents feel about his decision to leave school and get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event helps Tex to better understand how much Mason cares for him?
2. How did Mason get the heat to be turned back on the next day?
3. How does Mason react to Lem's decision for work?
4. What promise does Tex keep in this chapter?
5. How does Pop react to the situation that Tex has gotten himself in?
6. In what way is Mason impressive in this chapter?
7. What is Tex facing for the second time that same day?
8. How does Mason ruin Tex's good mood?
9. Why is Mason in a bad mood when Tex arrives home?
10. How does Mason hope to escape his home?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)