|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tex told to drive?
(a) To the state line
(b) To a different city
(c) Back to the city
(d) Directly to their home
2. Why is Tex sad when they leave Tex's house?
(a) Because he thinks he will never see him again
(b) Because he thinks Mason will be too sick for Tex to make it back to the city
(c) Because he thinks Lem will be killed selling drugs
(d) Because Lem will no longer want to see Tex or Mason
3. How does Tex end the crisis with the hitchhiker?
(a) Slams on his brakes
(b) Speeds up faster
(c) Runs the truck into a canyon
(d) Drives the truck into a tree
4. What was the name of the novel Tex read for a book report in English which he really enjoyed reading?
(a) Smokey the Bear
(b) Smoky the Cowhorse
(c) Hokey the Cowhorse
(d) Smoky the Cowboy
5. Which of the following words best describes how Tex feels once he finds out how where Mason is really going?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tex's mother die from?
2. Which word sums up Tex's experiences with women while Mason is at the hospital?
3. Which word best describes Tex's behavior with the female clerk?
4. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
5. What is it Cole wants to know?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
2. Who keeps their cool during the hitchhiker incident?
3. What was one event in this chapter which could be considered good thinking on Tex's part?
4. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
5. What probably saved Tex's life?
6. How does Tex apologize to Johnny?
7. Why did Lem leave school and town?
8. What problem does Jamie have with Lem's life?
9. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
10. Why is Mason frustrated with his life?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)