|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tex increase his speed?
(a) To give Mason a chance to escape
(b) To get to the state line faster
(c) Because he sees police in his rearview mirror
(d) To try to disarm the hitchhiker
2. What is it Cole wants to know?
(a) Where Negrito is
(b) Who got his boys drunk
(c) Where Tex's father is
(d) What Tex's intentions are toward Jamie
3. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
(a) His recent past has sorrow
(b) He comes from four generations of cowboys
(c) To be sure to change
(d) His recent past has violence
4. What is Tex accused of in the outdoor sporting goods store?
(a) Taking merchandise off of the shelf without permission
(c) Parking in a loading zone
(d) Sexual Harassment
5. Which of the following types of people does the fortune teller say that Tex is?
(a) One who stays
(b) One who is quite sad
(c) One who finds happiness
(d) One who goes
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Tex's teachers really seems to care for him?
2. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
3. Which word best describes how Tex feels when Cole is around?
4. When does Tex think their father will return?
5. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Tex's mother?
2. What promise does Tex keep in this chapter?
3. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
4. How can you tell by reading this that Tex cares for Jamie?
5. What do you believe is Tex's favorite activity to do?
6. Why does Tex decide to pick up the hitchhiker?
7. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
8. What was one event in this chapter which could be considered good thinking on Tex's part?
9. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
10. Why doesn't Tex pay much attention to Lem or what he is doing?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)