|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cole?
(a) Jamie's father
(b) Mason's friend
(c) Jamie's brother
(d) Tex's father
2. What kinds of questions does Tex ask Mason about on the drive back home from the hospital?
(a) Questions about their mother
(b) Questions about girls
(c) Questions about Jamie
(d) Questions about pop
3. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
(a) Riding down a dangerous canyon
(b) Jumping over Tex
(c) Jumping over a creek
(d) Riding up the side of a mountain
4. Which word best describes Mason's feelings as he describes them to Bob?
5. Which of the following was the name of Tex's horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes what Cole hopes to do to Mason and Tex?
2. What does Lem tell Mason and Tex he is doing for work?
3. What is Tex's dream about?
4. Which word best describes Mason's mood on the drive back home?
5. Where is Mason going on Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
2. How does Mason ruin Tex's good mood?
3. How does Tex handle the revelation that Pop is not his father?
4. Why did Lem leave school and town?
5. What epiphany does Tex come to after the incident at the outdoor store?
6. Why does Jamie think that Cole would like to have Mason as his son?
7. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
8. Why do you think Mason is skipping the fair this year?
9. Why is Tex upset with Mason at the end of this chapter?
10. Why does Johnny lose the right to ride his motorbike at the beginning of chapter four?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)