|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tex sneak to where he is almost caught by Cole?
(a) Into Cole's house
(b) Into school late
(c) Into the barn to visit the horses
(d) Upstairs to get Jamie
2. What happens on the drive back home from the city?
(a) Tex and Mason give Jamie a ride back to her house
(b) Tex gets a speeding ticket
(c) Tex picks up a hitchhiker
(d) Mason needs to stop to be ill by the side of the road
3. What does the hitchhiker say he will do if Tex continues to speed?
(a) Kill Tex
(b) Kill Mason
(c) Take over driving the truck
(d) Let them both go alive with no injuries
4. Where is Mason and Tex's father?
(a) At his work
(b) The author does not tell the reader about their father
(c) Fixing the furnace
(d) On the rodeo circuit
5. Whom does Tex run into when he leaves the sporting goods store?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of questions does Tex ask Mason about on the drive back home from the hospital?
2. What season is it as this story opens?
3. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
4. What does Tex overhear Jamie saying?
5. What does Mason chastise Tex for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would you say Tex is concerned about people leaving?
2. Why is Mason frustrated with his life?
3. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
4. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
5. What does the fortune teller advise Tex?
6. What happened to Tex's mother?
7. What event helps Tex to better understand how much Mason cares for him?
8. What was one event in this chapter which could be considered good thinking on Tex's part?
9. What does Tex finally realize about Mason leaving?
10. What do you believe is Tex's favorite activity to do?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)