|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accepts full responsibility for the night of drunkenness?
2. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
(a) To be sure to change
(b) His recent past has violence
(c) His recent past has sorrow
(d) He comes from four generations of cowboys
3. Where do Tex and Mason decide to go before they leave the city and head home?
(a) To the drug store to get Mason's medicines
(b) To eat dinner with Jamie and her friends
(c) Lem's house
(d) Shopping for fishing supplies
4. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
(a) Riding up the side of a mountain
(b) Jumping over a creek
(c) Jumping over Tex
(d) Riding down a dangerous canyon
5. Who does Cole want to blame for the boys drunkenness the night before?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mason tell Tex is wrong with him?
2. Which character regularly gets in trouble in school?
3. What happens on the drive back home from the city?
4. What is Tex's dream about?
5. Where is the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event helps Tex to better understand how much Mason cares for him?
2. How can you tell Tex's English teacher and the vice principal seem concerned with Tex's welfare?
3. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
4. What does the fortune teller advise Tex?
5. Who keeps their cool during the hitchhiker incident?
6. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
7. Why does Mason take Tex to visit Negrito?
8. What role would you say Mason has had to fulfill for Tex?
9. What does Mason accuse Tex of regularly?
10. What happened to Tex's mother?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)