|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Pop been gone?
2. Why does Tex feel the hitchhiker died?
(a) Because Tex and Mason were arguing
(b) Because they picked him up
(c) Because he slammed on the brakes
(d) Because he escaped from prison
3. What happens to the hitchhiker?
(a) Mason shoots him with his own gun
(b) He is killed by the police
(c) He escapes across the state line
(d) He runs down into a ditch
4. Who do they visit once they leave the fair?
5. Which sport does Mason excel at in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tex overhear Jamie saying?
2. What does Lem tell Mason and Tex he is doing for work?
3. On what day of the week do the events of chapter five occur?
4. What activity does Tex enjoy doing before going to school?
5. Where do Tex and Mason decide to go before they leave the city and head home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tex feel after he overhears what Jamie says to her friends?
2. What epiphany does Tex come to after the incident at the outdoor store?
3. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
4. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
5. What was one event in this chapter which could be considered good thinking on Tex's part?
6. Why does Mason believe Cole dislikes he and Tex?
7. How can you tell by reading this that Tex cares for Jamie?
8. Why is Mason frustrated with his life?
9. What does Mason tell Pop it takes to have a family?
10. What promise does Tex keep in this chapter?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)