|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Tex feels as he goes to pick up Mason from the hospital?
2. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
3. For how long is Johnny grounded from his motorbike?
(a) 1 month
(b) 1 week
(c) 2 days
(d) 2 weeks
4. When does Tex think their father will return?
(a) Next week
(b) In the spring
(c) Before Thanksgiving
5. What is Tex accused of in the outdoor sporting goods store?
(a) Taking merchandise off of the shelf without permission
(b) Parking in a loading zone
(c) Sexual Harassment
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes how Mason reacts to Cole's accusations?
2. What does the gym teacher want from Tex?
3. Who is Tex going to the fair with?
4. What does Tex overhear Jamie saying?
5. Which word best describes what Cole hopes to do to Mason and Tex?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tex finally realize about Mason leaving?
2. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
3. What role would you say Mason has had to fulfill for Tex?
4. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
5. How does Mason react to Lem's decision for work?
6. Why does Mason believe Cole dislikes he and Tex?
7. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
8. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
9. What happened to Tex's mother?
10. What kind of summer job did the Miss Johnson find for Tex?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)