|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tex feel the hitchhiker died?
(a) Because he slammed on the brakes
(b) Because Tex and Mason were arguing
(c) Because they picked him up
(d) Because he escaped from prison
2. Why is Tex surprised to see Mason at home after school?
(a) He gets out of school later than Tex
(b) He is not surprised; Mason is usually home before him
(c) He should be at his job
(d) He usually is doing something basketball related
3. For how long is Johnny grounded from his motorbike?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 1 week
(c) 2 days
(d) 1 month
4. Who is Tex going to the fair with?
(d) Bob and Johnny
5. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following types of people does the fortune teller say that Tex is?
2. Who does Cole want to blame for the boys drunkenness the night before?
3. Who is banging on the front door, which awakens Tex?
4. What did Tex do to an art project which got him in trouble?
5. Who visits Mason and Tex at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
2. How can you tell by reading this that Tex cares for Jamie?
3. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
4. Why does Mason believe Cole dislikes he and Tex?
5. What is Tex facing for the second time that same day?
6. What do you believe is Tex's favorite activity to do?
7. What is an example of how Tex is different than his mother?
8. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
9. What does Tex finally realize about Mason leaving?
10. Why does Mason take Tex to visit Negrito?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)