|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bob and Johnny's brother studying in college?
2. What happens on Johnny's attempt?
(a) He crashes and is seriously injured
(b) He succeeds
(c) He fails and falls into the creek where Tex must save him
(d) He fails at the last minute
3. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
(a) Jumping over a creek
(b) Riding up the side of a mountain
(c) Riding down a dangerous canyon
(d) Jumping over Tex
4. Which word best describes what Cole hopes to do to Mason and Tex?
5. Who is Tex chasing in his dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mason's biggest goal?
2. What announcement does Mason and Tex's nighttime visitor share?
3. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
4. Why is Tex surprised to see Mason at home after school?
5. How many horses did Tex and Mason own between the two of them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What epiphany does Tex come to after the incident at the outdoor store?
2. What goes through Tex's mind when he considers that Mason may be quite ill?
3. Who keeps their cool during the hitchhiker incident?
4. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
5. What role would you say Mason has had to fulfill for Tex?
6. What kind of summer job did the Miss Johnson find for Tex?
7. In what way is Mason impressive in this chapter?
8. What promise does Tex keep in this chapter?
9. Why is Tex upset with Mason at the end of this chapter?
10. What is surprising to Tex that Mason says toward the end of the chapter?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)