|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character agrees with Jamie about the new baby?
2. Who do they visit once they leave the fair?
3. What activity does Tex enjoy doing before going to school?
(b) Riding his horse
(c) Playing basketball
(d) Riding his motorbike
4. What does Tex say has happened?
(a) Johnny's bike couldn't do it
(b) Johnny was chicken
(c) Johnny hit a bump
(d) Johnny's bike tires need air
5. What happens on the drive back home from the city?
(a) Tex gets a speeding ticket
(b) Tex and Mason give Jamie a ride back to her house
(c) Tex picks up a hitchhiker
(d) Mason needs to stop to be ill by the side of the road
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was the name of Tex's horse?
2. What causes Johnny and Tex to stop speaking for a period of time?
3. How did Lem's parents feel about his decision to leave school and get married?
4. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
5. Where does Jamie suggest Tex and Johnny go at the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who keeps their cool during the hitchhiker incident?
2. Why is Mason frustrated with his life?
3. How does Tex handle the revelation that Pop is not his father?
4. How does Mason react to Lem's decision for work?
5. How does Pop react to the situation that Tex has gotten himself in?
6. What do you believe is Tex's favorite activity to do?
7. What does Mason accuse Tex of regularly?
8. What kind of summer job did the Miss Johnson find for Tex?
9. How does Lem come to the revelation that Mason wants respect more than money?
10. Why do you think Mason is skipping the fair this year?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)