|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following types of people does the fortune teller say that Tex is?
(a) One who stays
(b) One who finds happiness
(c) One who goes
(d) One who is quite sad
2. Why is Tex surprised to see Mason at home after school?
(a) He should be at his job
(b) He is not surprised; Mason is usually home before him
(c) He usually is doing something basketball related
(d) He gets out of school later than Tex
3. What does the hitchhiker tell Mason and Tex he has done?
(a) Killed a few people
(b) Broken a few legs
(c) Killed a police officer
(d) Sold drugs
4. What causes Johnny and Tex to stop speaking for a period of time?
(a) Tex setting the art project on fire
(b) Johnny being grounded from his motorbike
(c) Tex pushing the gym teacher too far
(d) Cole telling Tex he cannot be near Johnny any longer
5. What does the hitchhiker try to do as he leaves the vehicle?
(a) Take Mason with him
(b) Stab Tex
(c) Stab Mason
(d) Shoot Mason
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it as this story opens?
2. Which character regularly gets in trouble in school?
3. What did the police tell Tex and Mason the hitchhiker was in jail for?
4. Where is Tex told to drive?
5. What does Tex say has happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you believe is Tex's favorite activity to do?
2. What promise does Pop make to Tex?
3. Why does Tex believe he will never see Lem again?
4. How does Mason ruin Tex's good mood?
5. What characteristics does the fact that Tex makes the bike jump show about him?
6. Why did Tex and Jamie end their relationship at the end of this chapter?
7. What does Mason tell Pop it takes to have a family?
8. What role would you say Mason has had to fulfill for Tex?
9. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
10. What is Tex facing for the second time that same day?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)