|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes the relationship between Tex and Mason based only on this chapter?
2. How many horses did Tex and Mason own between the two of them?
3. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
(a) To be sure to change
(b) His recent past has sorrow
(c) His recent past has violence
(d) He comes from four generations of cowboys
4. Where does Tex go first after dropping off Mason at the hospital?
(a) Shopping center
(c) Hospital waiting room
5. Which word best describes Mason's mood on the drive back home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word sums up Tex's experiences with women while Mason is at the hospital?
2. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
3. What causes Johnny and Tex to stop speaking for a period of time?
4. Why does Tex increase his speed?
5. Which word best describes Tex's behavior with the female clerk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tex facing for the second time that same day?
2. What happened to Tex's mother?
3. How did Tex start the riot?
4. How does Mason hope to escape his home?
5. Why does Mason believe Cole dislikes he and Tex?
6. What promise does Pop make to Tex?
7. What problem does Jamie have with Lem's life?
8. Why does Tex think he was allowed to leave the outdoor store?
9. What do you believe is Tex's favorite activity to do?
10. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)