|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accepts full responsibility for the night of drunkenness?
2. Which of the following words best describes how Mason reacts to Cole's accusations?
(a) Mostly hostile and angry
(b) Mostly calm and collected
(c) Mostly indignant and repulsed
(d) Mostly upset and repentent
3. How do Johnny and Tex feel after they have both made their attempts?
4. What is the likely reason for the heat being turned off in the house?
(a) It was warm outside, so there was no need for heat
(b) The furnace was broken
(c) The bill was not paid
(d) Everyone was at school and has not turned it on yet
5. Who is Tex chasing in his dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mason chastise Tex for?
2. Which word best describes Mason's medical condition?
3. How long has Tex known Lem?
4. Which adjective is the best description as to Tex's feelings about he and Johnny's friendship?
5. What happens on Johnny's attempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mason react to Lem's decision for work?
2. How does Mason hope to escape his home?
3. Why would you say Tex is concerned about people leaving?
4. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
5. Why does Tex decide to pick up the hitchhiker?
6. How did Mason get the heat to be turned back on the next day?
7. What problem does Jamie have with Lem's life?
8. What promise does Pop make to Tex?
9. What does Tex realize about Lem once he gets in the car?
10. Why does Johnny lose the right to ride his motorbike at the beginning of chapter four?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)