|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tex surprised to see Mason at home after school?
(a) He usually is doing something basketball related
(b) He should be at his job
(c) He is not surprised; Mason is usually home before him
(d) He gets out of school later than Tex
2. Why does Tex feel the hitchhiker died?
(a) Because he slammed on the brakes
(b) Because they picked him up
(c) Because Tex and Mason were arguing
(d) Because he escaped from prison
3. What is the main problem of this chapter?
(a) Lost horses
(b) No heat in the house
(c) Lack of money
(d) Father away at the rodeo circuit
4. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
5. Which adjective is the best description as to Tex's feelings about he and Johnny's friendship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do they visit once they leave the fair?
2. Who accepts full responsibility for the night of drunkenness?
3. What did the police tell Tex and Mason the hitchhiker was in jail for?
4. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
5. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise does Tex keep in this chapter?
2. Why does Tex think he was allowed to leave the outdoor store?
3. How does Mason hope to escape his home?
4. What does Tex remind Jamie about relationships?
5. How can you tell Tex's English teacher and the vice principal seem concerned with Tex's welfare?
6. What epiphany does Tex come to after the incident at the outdoor store?
7. What is an example of how Tex is different than his mother?
8. What does Tex realize about Lem once he gets in the car?
9. Why would you say Tex is concerned about people leaving?
10. What probably saved Tex's life?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)