|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main problem of this chapter?
(a) Lack of money
(b) No heat in the house
(c) Father away at the rodeo circuit
(d) Lost horses
2. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
(a) To find the horses
(b) To find his father
(c) To clear his head and think about things
(d) To run away from home
3. How does Tex do when he attempts the same thing as Johnny?
(a) He succeeds by just barely
(b) He fails at the last minute
(c) He crashes and is seriously injured
(d) He succeeds but cannot stop and is injured at the end
4. Which word sums up Tex's experiences with women while Mason is at the hospital?
5. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
(a) He goes straight to bed
(b) He passes out
(c) He gets sick
(d) He goes to the barn to look for his horse
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
2. Where does Johnny like to ride his motorbike?
3. How did Tex get the wounds that Mason was tending to at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What does the hitchhiker say he will do if Tex continues to speed?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT a Collins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tex think he was allowed to leave the outdoor store?
2. What is Tex facing for the second time that same day?
3. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
4. What is surprising to Tex that Mason says toward the end of the chapter?
5. What does Mason tell Pop it takes to have a family?
6. What promise does Tex keep in this chapter?
7. What does Mason accuse Tex of regularly?
8. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
9. What problem does Jamie have with Lem's life?
10. What characteristics does the fact that Tex makes the bike jump show about him?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)