|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tex get out of the situation at the sporting goods store?
(a) Talks his way out of it
(b) Goes with the police
(c) Agrees to work to pay off any costs
(d) Waits for Mason to come and vouch for his character
2. What does Tex realize that the hitchhiker has in regards to Mason?
(a) A knife pointed at Mason's gut
(b) Mason in a head lock
(c) A gun to Mason's side
(d) Tex is naive and does not pick up on anything the hitchhiker does
3. Where is Tex told to drive?
(a) Back to the city
(b) To the state line
(c) To a different city
(d) Directly to their home
4. What season is it as this story opens?
5. What could it be said that Tex helps Johnny recover by making the jump?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamie suggest Tex and Johnny go at the fair?
2. What happens on Johnny's attempt?
3. When does Tex think their father will return?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT a member of Tex's family?
5. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
2. Why did Lem leave school and town?
3. How does Mason hope to escape his home?
4. How does Tex feel after he overhears what Jamie says to her friends?
5. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
6. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
7. Why is Mason in a bad mood when Tex arrives home?
8. What epiphany does Tex come to after the incident at the outdoor store?
9. Why is Tex upset with Mason at the end of this chapter?
10. In what way is Mason impressive in this chapter?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)