|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tex surprised to see Mason at home after school?
(a) He should be at his job
(b) He is not surprised; Mason is usually home before him
(c) He gets out of school later than Tex
(d) He usually is doing something basketball related
2. Which of the following types of people does the fortune teller say that Tex is?
(a) One who finds happiness
(b) One who is quite sad
(c) One who goes
(d) One who stays
3. Where does Tex go first after dropping off Mason at the hospital?
(a) Shopping center
(c) Hospital waiting room
4. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
5. Who do Mason and Tex think could be the next 'hitchhiker'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tex say has happened?
2. Where does Tex sneak to where he is almost caught by Cole?
3. Where does Jamie suggest Tex and Johnny go at the fair?
4. What forces Johnny and Tex to finally start speaking to each other again?
5. Which word sums up Tex's experiences with women while Mason is at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can you tell Tex's English teacher and the vice principal seem concerned with Tex's welfare?
2. What is an example of how Tex is different than his mother?
3. Why do you think Tex gets in trouble in school quite often?
4. What promise does Pop make to Tex?
5. Why does Johnny lose the right to ride his motorbike at the beginning of chapter four?
6. Why does Tex decide to pick up the hitchhiker?
7. Why does Jamie think that Cole would like to have Mason as his son?
8. What does Tex remind Jamie about relationships?
9. How did Mason get the heat to be turned back on the next day?
10. What does Tex finally realize about Mason leaving?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)