|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tex surprised to see Mason at home after school?
(a) He should be at his job
(b) He is not surprised; Mason is usually home before him
(c) He gets out of school later than Tex
(d) He usually is doing something basketball related
2. Who is Tex going to the fair with?
(c) Bob and Johnny
3. Why do Tex, Mason and Lem go to the Collins' home?
(a) To see Jamie
(b) To visit with Charlie
(c) To share the news
(d) To spite Cole
4. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
(a) Riding down a dangerous canyon
(b) Jumping over a creek
(c) Jumping over Tex
(d) Riding up the side of a mountain
5. What forces Johnny and Tex to finally start speaking to each other again?
(a) Jamie's threatening to no longer speak to Tex
(b) Johnny's injury on his motorbike
(c) Cole going out of town
(d) Pop returning home to be with Tex and Mason
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cole demand to Mason?
2. What activity does Tex enjoy doing before going to school?
3. Where does Tex go first after dropping off Mason at the hospital?
4. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
5. What did Tex do to an art project which got him in trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tex and Jamie end their relationship at the end of this chapter?
2. What happens when the group goes to visit Charlie at college?
3. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
4. What is surprising to Tex that Mason says toward the end of the chapter?
5. Why does Tex ask Mason to talk to him about girls?
6. How did Mason get the heat to be turned back on the next day?
7. What was one event in this chapter which could be considered good thinking on Tex's part?
8. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
9. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
10. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)