|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tex do when he attempts the same thing as Johnny?
(a) He fails at the last minute
(b) He succeeds but cannot stop and is injured at the end
(c) He crashes and is seriously injured
(d) He succeeds by just barely
2. What does Tex overhear Jamie saying?
(a) She can't figure out Tex
(b) Tex is obviously very awkward
(c) She likes Tex
(d) She doesn't like Tex
3. Which of the following words best describes the relationship between Tex and Mason based only on this chapter?
4. How does Tex feel about the conversation about staying or going after his friends leave the fortune teller?
5. Where is Tex told to drive?
(a) Directly to their home
(b) To a different city
(c) To the state line
(d) Back to the city
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cole demand to Mason?
2. Which of the following types of people does the fortune teller say that Tex is?
3. What does the gym teacher want from Tex?
4. What happens on the drive back home from the city?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT a member of Tex's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mason take Tex to visit Negrito?
2. What goes through Tex's mind when he considers that Mason may be quite ill?
3. Why is Mason frustrated with his life?
4. Why do Tex and Jamie keep it secret that they are dating?
5. Why does Mason believe Cole dislikes he and Tex?
6. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
7. How did Tex start the riot?
8. In what way is Mason impressive in this chapter?
9. What characteristics does the fact that Tex makes the bike jump show about him?
10. What does the fortune teller advise Tex?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)