|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement does Mason and Tex's nighttime visitor share?
(a) Lem and his wife are divorcing
(b) Lem and his wife are moving in with Tex and Mason
(c) Lem and his wife had a baby
(d) Lem and his wife are going back to school
2. What does the gym teacher want from Tex?
(a) To become the next basketball star
(b) To show up to class
(c) To go to the office for skipping class
(d) To dress appropriatly for class
3. Which word best describes Tex's behavior with the female clerk?
4. What happens to the hitchhiker?
(a) He is killed by the police
(b) He escapes across the state line
(c) Mason shoots him with his own gun
(d) He runs down into a ditch
5. How does Tex feel about the conversation about staying or going after his friends leave the fortune teller?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lem tell Mason and Tex he is doing for work?
2. Which word best describes what Cole hopes to do to Mason and Tex?
3. Which of the following words best describes how Tex feels once he finds out how where Mason is really going?
4. Which character regularly gets in trouble in school?
5. Why is Tex sad when they leave Tex's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mason take Tex to visit Negrito?
2. Why does Tex decide to pick up the hitchhiker?
3. How can you tell Tex's English teacher and the vice principal seem concerned with Tex's welfare?
4. What promise does Tex keep in this chapter?
5. Why is Mason in a bad mood when Tex arrives home?
6. What does Tex finally realize about Mason leaving?
7. What does the fortune teller advise Tex?
8. How does Mason ruin Tex's good mood?
9. What role would you say Mason has had to fulfill for Tex?
10. Which character seems to have stayed the same throughout the novel?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)