|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many horses did Tex and Mason own between the two of them?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT a member of Tex's family?
3. What does Tex overhear Jamie saying?
(a) She doesn't like Tex
(b) She can't figure out Tex
(c) Tex is obviously very awkward
(d) She likes Tex
4. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
(a) Riding down a dangerous canyon
(b) Riding up the side of a mountain
(c) Jumping over a creek
(d) Jumping over Tex
5. Which word best describes Tex's behavior with the female clerk?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Johnny and Tex feel after they have both made their attempts?
2. What is Tex's dream about?
3. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
4. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
5. Which character regularly gets in trouble in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johnny lose the right to ride his motorbike at the beginning of chapter four?
2. Why did Tex and Jamie end their relationship at the end of this chapter?
3. How did Tex start the riot?
4. Why does Jamie think that Cole would like to have Mason as his son?
5. How does Tex handle the revelation that Pop is not his father?
6. Why does Tex want to ensure Mason goes to college?
7. How does Tex react to Mason's news?
8. Why do you think the conversation in chapter twelve between Tex and Mason is somewhat strained?
9. What probably saved Tex's life?
10. Why does Mason believe Cole dislikes he and Tex?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)