|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Jamie tell Mason their marriage would last?
(a) 1 month
(b) 5 years
(d) 1 year
2. What does Tex indicate is the worst thing that could happen to the two of them?
(c) Sent to the office and lectured
(d) Parents called
3. Why can't Tex shoot the people that Lem is talking to?
(a) He is in too much pain
(b) He wonders if they have mothers and sisters
(c) He cannot find the gun
(d) He just wants to leave
4. What do Mason and Tex do to relax?
(a) Get drunk
(b) Shoot at targets
(c) Smoke marijuana
(d) Go to bed early
5. What does Johnny tell Tex about Cole when he comes to visit?
(a) Johnny tells him that he does not like Cole and is going to run away
(b) He would have died if Cole had not acted quickly
(c) Cole now likes Tex
(d) Cole has agreed to be responsible for Tex
6. Why don't the people Lem is talking to want Tex to go outside and wait?
(a) They think he will leave and they will not get their money
(b) They think he is a narc
(c) They think he is going for a weapon
(d) They think he will call the police
7. What will Tex be able to start in the next week once he is well enough?
(a) Summer school
(b) The summer job with the horses
(c) Riding motorbikes with Johnny
(d) Vacation with Jamie
8. Which word best describes how Mason feels after Tex tells him he should definitely go to college?
9. Who is Johnny most worried about finding out about the prank?
(d) Vice Principal
10. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
(a) Yell at Lem
(b) Talk to the police
(c) Talk to Tex
11. What do Tex and Mason decide to do as the book closes?
(a) Go read a book
(b) Go visit Jamie and Johnny
(c) Go fishing
(d) Go hunting
12. What advice does the vice principal give to Tex?
(a) To stop coming to school
(b) To go home
(c) To start thinking
(d) To stop hanging around with Johnny
13. What prank are Johnny and Tex planning at the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) Exploding caps on typewriter keys
(b) Motor bike stunt jumping over the basketball hoops
(c) Horse manure in a lunch bag
(d) Food fight in the cafeteria
14. What does Tex wonder about love?
(a) Why no one loves him
(b) How you can love more than one person
(c) Why it is so hard
(d) Why he didn't figure it out sooner
15. Who does Tex ask for?
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends the funeral of the hitchhiker?
2. Why does Tex say he will never shoot anything again?
3. What revelation does Lem make about Mason?
4. Why did the man with the summer job decide to give the job to Tex?
5. What does Tex tell Mason to hurt his feelings?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)