|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened the night Tex was shot that has upset Johnny?
(a) Tex was left to die
(b) Tex asked for Jamie first
(c) Lem was irresponsible
(d) Cole had to call the ambulance
2. What prank are Johnny and Tex planning at the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) Motor bike stunt jumping over the basketball hoops
(b) Horse manure in a lunch bag
(c) Exploding caps on typewriter keys
(d) Food fight in the cafeteria
3. What revelation does Lem make about Mason?
(a) That he wants respect not money
(b) That he does not like Lem
(c) That he does not like Tex
(d) That he wants money not respect
4. What does Lem tell his wife to do?
(a) Come and pick he and Tex up
(b) Pack the baby up so they can flee to another city
(c) Call the ambulance
(d) Get rid of all the drugs
5. What happens to Mason at the basketball game?
(a) Mason breaks his ankle
(b) Pop comes to the game drunk
(c) Tex and he have a fight
(d) The opposing team attempts to hurt him
6. What does Johnny tell Tex about Cole when he comes to visit?
(a) He would have died if Cole had not acted quickly
(b) Johnny tells him that he does not like Cole and is going to run away
(c) Cole now likes Tex
(d) Cole has agreed to be responsible for Tex
7. What do Mason and Cole discuss when Cole arrives at the vice principal's office?
(a) Why Mason is there instead of Pop
(b) Who needed to take care of the situation
(c) What punishment the school should dish out
(d) Whose fault it is this time
8. Why doesn't Tex stop Lem from making one stop on his way back to the city?
(a) Because he has no control over what Lem does
(b) Because he hopes Lem will stop at his house
(c) Because he is emotionally distraught
(d) Because he is looking for a fight
9. What advice does the vice principal give to Tex?
(a) To stop hanging around with Johnny
(b) To go home
(c) To start thinking
(d) To stop coming to school
10. Why doesn't Tex go to the car wash to pick up another girl after he drops off Jamie?
(a) Jamie made him promise not to see anyone else
(b) He doesn't want anyone if he can't have her
(c) It is too late to go get another girl
(d) No other girl will go out with Tex
11. What does Mason have nightmares about?
(a) Mom dying
(b) Pop leaving again
(c) Tex being hurt
12. Who does Lem call when he takes the phone from Tex?
(a) His home
(d) The hospital
13. What does Lem ask of Tex?
(a) Not to tell Mason that he wrote a letter to him
(b) Never to tell the truth
(c) Not to ever try to find him
(d) Not to tell anyone where he is
14. How does Tex answer the questions the police ask him?
(b) He made up a wild story on his own
(c) He refused to answer any of the questions
(d) As Lem told him to
15. How does Jamie hurt Tex?
(a) She tells him she is going to date Mason
(b) She tells him she is pregnant
(c) She asks him to take her home
(d) She says she is not ready to date
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tex tell Jamie that he forgot about her?
2. How long does Jamie tell Mason their marriage would last?
3. Where did Mason attack Lem?
4. Which one of Jamie's brothers does she say has disappointed her father?
5. Who does Tex ask for?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)