|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attends the funeral of the hitchhiker?
(b) Tex's Vice principal
(c) Tex's English teacher
2. What does Tex realize about Lem?
(a) That he is just another person who will dump him
(b) That he is not that smart
(c) That he only cares about himself
(d) That he is a trouble maker
3. What revelation does Lem make about Mason?
(a) That he wants respect not money
(b) That he wants money not respect
(c) That he does not like Lem
(d) That he does not like Tex
4. What is the reason, as Tex thinks, for the Collins' trip to Disneyland?
(a) Just a normal family vacation
(b) To separate Jamie and Tex
(c) To bury the hatchet with Blackie
(d) To give everyone a fresh start
5. How does Pop explain Tex's mother contracted pneumonia?
(a) He would not allow her to go to the doctor
(b) He could not afford to pay for heat during the winter
(c) She was mad at him and walked to a dance in the snow and cold
(d) She refused to go to the doctor for any treatment
6. What does Lem tell his wife to do?
(a) Pack the baby up so they can flee to another city
(b) Come and pick he and Tex up
(c) Get rid of all the drugs
(d) Call the ambulance
7. What does Mason have nightmares about?
(a) Mom dying
(b) Tex being hurt
(c) Pop leaving again
8. What does Tex wonder about love?
(a) How you can love more than one person
(b) Why he didn't figure it out sooner
(c) Why it is so hard
(d) Why no one loves him
9. What advice does the vice principal give to Tex?
(a) To go home
(b) To stop hanging around with Johnny
(c) To start thinking
(d) To stop coming to school
10. What does Lem ask Mason to tell the police?
(a) That it was an argument over drugs
(b) That it was an argument over money
(c) That Tex was the cause of the argument
(d) Nothing, he doesn't want Tex to talk to the police
11. What do Mason and Cole discuss when Cole arrives at the vice principal's office?
(a) Why Mason is there instead of Pop
(b) What punishment the school should dish out
(c) Whose fault it is this time
(d) Who needed to take care of the situation
12. What is one topic that Johnny and Tex cannot talk to each other about?
13. Who does Tex ask for?
(b) His mother
14. What part of Mason is injured at the basketball game?
15. Why doesn't Tex go to the car wash to pick up another girl after he drops off Jamie?
(a) He doesn't want anyone if he can't have her
(b) No other girl will go out with Tex
(c) Jamie made him promise not to see anyone else
(d) It is too late to go get another girl
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
2. Who does Lem remind Tex of after he reads his letter?
3. What does Jamie tell Tex can't solve everything?
4. Why does Tex say he will never shoot anything again?
5. What do Mason and Tex do to relax?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)