|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The news about the kidnapping makes the news in how many states?
2. What happens to Mason at the basketball game?
(a) Tex and he have a fight
(b) Pop comes to the game drunk
(c) The opposing team attempts to hurt him
(d) Mason breaks his ankle
3. What does Tex indicate is the worst thing that could happen to the two of them?
(c) Parents called
(d) Sent to the office and lectured
4. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
(a) Because the police will ask questions at the hospital
(b) Because Lem doesn't want any trouble
(c) Because Tex is getting blood in his truck
(d) Because Lem doesn't know what to do
5. Why don't the people Lem is talking to want Tex to go outside and wait?
(a) They think he will leave and they will not get their money
(b) They think he will call the police
(c) They think he is going for a weapon
(d) They think he is a narc
6. Who attends the funeral of the hitchhiker?
(a) Tex's English teacher
(d) Tex's Vice principal
7. What do Mason and Tex do to relax?
(a) Shoot at targets
(b) Smoke marijuana
(c) Go to bed early
(d) Get drunk
8. What part of Mason is injured at the basketball game?
9. What does Tex tell Mason to hurt his feelings?
(a) That he does not respect him
(b) That he doesn't want him to be his brother anymore
(c) That he wants to go with Pop if he leaves
(d) That he will hate him the rest of his life
10. How long does Jamie tell Mason their marriage would last?
(a) 1 year
(b) 1 month
(c) 5 years
11. What realization about Pop and Mason does Tex come to after Mason is injured?
(a) Pop worries more about Mason than Tex
(b) Mason is not a good basketball player
(c) Mason is going to die
(d) Pop doesn't care about his kids
12. From whom does Tex receive a letter?
13. What revelation does Mason make about Tex?
(a) That Pop is not his father
(b) That Tex is going to be sent away to go to school
(c) That Mason is Tex's father
(d) That Tex is to be expelled
14. Which word best describes how Mason feels after Tex tells him he should definitely go to college?
15. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
(a) Yell at Lem
(c) Talk to the police
(d) Talk to Tex
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny tell Tex about Cole when he comes to visit?
2. Why has Pop decided to come home?
3. What does Pop announce he is finished with?
4. What does Jamie tell Tex can't solve everything?
5. What surprise does the vice principal tell Tex?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)