|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revelation does Mason make about Tex?
(a) That Mason is Tex's father
(b) That Tex is going to be sent away to go to school
(c) That Pop is not his father
(d) That Tex is to be expelled
2. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
(a) Because Lem doesn't want any trouble
(b) Because Tex is getting blood in his truck
(c) Because the police will ask questions at the hospital
(d) Because Lem doesn't know what to do
3. From whom does Tex receive a letter?
4. What happened the night Tex was shot that has upset Johnny?
(a) Tex asked for Jamie first
(b) Cole had to call the ambulance
(c) Lem was irresponsible
(d) Tex was left to die
5. What does Mason have nightmares about?
(a) Tex being hurt
(c) Pop leaving again
(d) Mom dying
6. Why did the man with the summer job decide to give the job to Tex?
(a) Because Pop paid him to wait for Tex to heal
(b) Because he promised Miss Johnson
(c) Because he saw him at the fair working with horses
(d) Because he owed the police a favor
7. Who does Tex ask for?
(d) His mother
8. What is the only thing that keeps Tex's mind off of his horse?
(a) Fighting with Mason
(b) His relationship with Jamie
(c) School work
(d) Having Pop back in his life
9. Why doesn't Tex stop Lem from making one stop on his way back to the city?
(a) Because he hopes Lem will stop at his house
(b) Because he has no control over what Lem does
(c) Because he is looking for a fight
(d) Because he is emotionally distraught
10. Which word best describes how Mason feels after Tex tells him he should definitely go to college?
11. What promise did Johnny make with God in regards to Cole and Tex?
(a) He promised to leave Cole if Tex died
(b) He promised never to disobey Cole if Tex lived
(c) He promised to listen to Cole if Tex died
(d) He promised not to upset Cole if Tex lived
12. What does Tex realize about Lem?
(a) That he only cares about himself
(b) That he is not that smart
(c) That he is just another person who will dump him
(d) That he is a trouble maker
13. Who is Johnny most worried about finding out about the prank?
(a) Vice Principal
14. Which one of Jamie's brothers does she say has disappointed her father?
15. How long does Mason think Pop will stay?
(a) A few years
(b) A few months
(c) A few days
(d) A few weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tex and Mason inundated with?
2. What surprise does the vice principal tell Tex?
3. How long does Jamie tell Mason their marriage would last?
4. Why can't Tex shoot the people that Lem is talking to?
5. Who calls at two o'clock in the morning?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)