|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization about Pop and Mason does Tex come to after Mason is injured?
(a) Mason is not a good basketball player
(b) Pop worries more about Mason than Tex
(c) Pop doesn't care about his kids
(d) Mason is going to die
2. How long does Jamie tell Mason their marriage would last?
(b) 5 years
(c) 1 year
(d) 1 month
3. What promise did Johnny make with God in regards to Cole and Tex?
(a) He promised to listen to Cole if Tex died
(b) He promised to leave Cole if Tex died
(c) He promised never to disobey Cole if Tex lived
(d) He promised not to upset Cole if Tex lived
4. What prank are Johnny and Tex planning at the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) Horse manure in a lunch bag
(b) Exploding caps on typewriter keys
(c) Food fight in the cafeteria
(d) Motor bike stunt jumping over the basketball hoops
5. Why doesn't Tex go to the car wash to pick up another girl after he drops off Jamie?
(a) He doesn't want anyone if he can't have her
(b) It is too late to go get another girl
(c) Jamie made him promise not to see anyone else
(d) No other girl will go out with Tex
6. Who picks Tex up after he walks out of the school?
7. Who does Lem call when he takes the phone from Tex?
(c) The hospital
(d) His home
8. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
(a) Because the police will ask questions at the hospital
(b) Because Lem doesn't know what to do
(c) Because Lem doesn't want any trouble
(d) Because Tex is getting blood in his truck
9. Who does Tex ask for?
(a) His mother
10. Who does Tex talk to when he is allowed outside at lunchtime?
11. Where is Pop before he heads home?
(d) San Antonio
12. What revelation does Mason make about Tex?
(a) That Tex is to be expelled
(b) That Tex is going to be sent away to go to school
(c) That Mason is Tex's father
(d) That Pop is not his father
13. What does Johnny tell Tex about Cole when he comes to visit?
(a) Cole has agreed to be responsible for Tex
(b) Johnny tells him that he does not like Cole and is going to run away
(c) Cole now likes Tex
(d) He would have died if Cole had not acted quickly
14. Why does Tex think Mason should be relieved and happy?
(a) Pop is back for good
(b) Tex and Johnny were not expelled
(c) He obtained all As on his report card
(d) He earned three offers of basketball scholarships
15. Who is the first person Tex talks to upon waking in the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that keeps Tex's mind off of his horse?
2. Why don't the people Lem is talking to want Tex to go outside and wait?
3. Under what circumstances does Pop tell Tex that he was conceived?
4. What does Tex indicate is the worst thing that could happen to the two of them?
5. How long does Mason think Pop will stay?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)