|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lem tell his wife to do?
(a) Get rid of all the drugs
(b) Call the ambulance
(c) Come and pick he and Tex up
(d) Pack the baby up so they can flee to another city
2. What does Mason have nightmares about?
(a) Pop leaving again
(b) Tex being hurt
(d) Mom dying
3. How long does Mason think Pop will stay?
(a) A few years
(b) A few months
(c) A few weeks
(d) A few days
4. What surprise does the vice principal tell Tex?
(a) That Johnny and he are no longer allowed to talk
(b) That he will fail and have to repeat a grade
(c) That he was almost expelled
(d) That Pop is not coming
5. What revelation does Lem make about Mason?
(a) That he does not like Tex
(b) That he wants respect not money
(c) That he wants money not respect
(d) That he does not like Lem
6. What is the only thing that keeps Tex's mind off of his horse?
(a) Fighting with Mason
(b) His relationship with Jamie
(c) Having Pop back in his life
(d) School work
7. How does Jamie hurt Tex?
(a) She says she is not ready to date
(b) She asks him to take her home
(c) She tells him she is going to date Mason
(d) She tells him she is pregnant
8. What does Mason tell Tex about college?
(a) He says he can't afford to go to college anymore
(b) He says he can't wait to go
(c) He says he can't decide which one to go to
(d) He says he might not go and instead stay and work
9. What does Tex realize about Lem?
(a) That he only cares about himself
(b) That he is just another person who will dump him
(c) That he is a trouble maker
(d) That he is not that smart
10. Why doesn't Tex stop Lem from making one stop on his way back to the city?
(a) Because he has no control over what Lem does
(b) Because he hopes Lem will stop at his house
(c) Because he is looking for a fight
(d) Because he is emotionally distraught
11. Why did the man with the summer job decide to give the job to Tex?
(a) Because he saw him at the fair working with horses
(b) Because he promised Miss Johnson
(c) Because he owed the police a favor
(d) Because Pop paid him to wait for Tex to heal
12. From whom does Tex receive a letter?
13. The news about the kidnapping makes the news in how many states?
14. Why did Cole make Tex hang up the phone?
(a) So he could call an ambulance
(b) So the ambulance could find Tex
(c) So he could call the police
(d) So he could call Mason
15. What prank are Johnny and Tex planning at the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) Food fight in the cafeteria
(b) Horse manure in a lunch bag
(c) Motor bike stunt jumping over the basketball hoops
(d) Exploding caps on typewriter keys
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Tex go to the car wash to pick up another girl after he drops off Jamie?
2. What do Mason and Cole discuss when Cole arrives at the vice principal's office?
3. Under what circumstances does Pop tell Tex that he was conceived?
4. Why does Tex say he will never shoot anything again?
5. Who attends the funeral of the hitchhiker?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)