|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Mason is injured at the basketball game?
2. Which word best describes how Mason feels after Tex tells him he should definitely go to college?
3. How does Jamie hurt Tex?
(a) She says she is not ready to date
(b) She tells him she is going to date Mason
(c) She tells him she is pregnant
(d) She asks him to take her home
4. What is the reason, as Tex thinks, for the Collins' trip to Disneyland?
(a) To bury the hatchet with Blackie
(b) To give everyone a fresh start
(c) Just a normal family vacation
(d) To separate Jamie and Tex
5. What does Tex tell Lem when he gets out of the truck after being shot?
(a) Tex tells Lem to go to get Mason
(b) Tex tells him to dump him like everyone else has
(c) Tex tells Lem to go home
(d) Tex tells Lem to run away and be safe
6. What does Tex realize about Lem?
(a) That he is a trouble maker
(b) That he is just another person who will dump him
(c) That he is not that smart
(d) That he only cares about himself
7. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
(b) Talk to Tex
(c) Talk to the police
(d) Yell at Lem
8. Where did Mason attack Lem?
(a) At the phone booth
(b) In the waiting room
(c) In the parking lot
(d) In the police station
9. What realization about Pop and Mason does Tex come to after Mason is injured?
(a) Mason is not a good basketball player
(b) Mason is going to die
(c) Pop worries more about Mason than Tex
(d) Pop doesn't care about his kids
10. What does Mason have nightmares about?
(b) Pop leaving again
(c) Tex being hurt
(d) Mom dying
11. What prank are Johnny and Tex planning at the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) Horse manure in a lunch bag
(b) Exploding caps on typewriter keys
(c) Motor bike stunt jumping over the basketball hoops
(d) Food fight in the cafeteria
12. Who does Lem call when he takes the phone from Tex?
(a) The hospital
(c) His home
13. What promise did Johnny make with God in regards to Cole and Tex?
(a) He promised never to disobey Cole if Tex lived
(b) He promised to listen to Cole if Tex died
(c) He promised to leave Cole if Tex died
(d) He promised not to upset Cole if Tex lived
14. Why doesn't Tex go to the car wash to pick up another girl after he drops off Jamie?
(a) No other girl will go out with Tex
(b) It is too late to go get another girl
(c) Jamie made him promise not to see anyone else
(d) He doesn't want anyone if he can't have her
15. What does one of the fans of the other team do to make Tex jump him?
(a) Make a nasty comment about Tex
(b) Make a nasty comment about Jamie
(c) Make a nasty comment about Mason
(d) Make a nsaty comment about Pop
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the man with the summer job decide to give the job to Tex?
2. Why does Tex think Mason yells at him?
3. What surprise does the vice principal tell Tex?
4. Who does Lem remind Tex of after he reads his letter?
5. From whom does Tex receive a letter?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)