|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Mason is injured at the basketball game?
2. What did Tex tell Mason before he had surgery in the hospital?
(a) That he does not hate him
(b) To be sure he goes to college
(c) That he hates him
(d) To take care of Pop
3. Who picks Tex up after he walks out of the school?
4. Who replaces Mason in the basketball game?
5. What does Tex tell Mason to hurt his feelings?
(a) That he wants to go with Pop if he leaves
(b) That he does not respect him
(c) That he doesn't want him to be his brother anymore
(d) That he will hate him the rest of his life
6. What does Pop announce he is finished with?
(a) The rodeo circuit
(b) Riding horses
(c) Supporting the two of them
(d) The children
7. What are Tex and Mason inundated with?
(b) Phone calls
8. What do Mason and Tex do to relax?
(a) Shoot at targets
(b) Go to bed early
(c) Get drunk
(d) Smoke marijuana
9. What does Tex realize about Lem?
(a) That he is a trouble maker
(b) That he is not that smart
(c) That he is just another person who will dump him
(d) That he only cares about himself
10. Why did Cole make Tex hang up the phone?
(a) So he could call an ambulance
(b) So he could call Mason
(c) So the ambulance could find Tex
(d) So he could call the police
11. Who does Lem call when he takes the phone from Tex?
(a) His home
(c) The hospital
12. Who does Tex call from the phone booth when he is bleeding?
(b) The hospital
13. What do Mason and Cole discuss when Cole arrives at the vice principal's office?
(a) What punishment the school should dish out
(b) Who needed to take care of the situation
(c) Whose fault it is this time
(d) Why Mason is there instead of Pop
14. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
(a) Talk to the police
(b) Talk to Tex
(d) Yell at Lem
15. Why doesn't Tex stop Lem from making one stop on his way back to the city?
(a) Because he has no control over what Lem does
(b) Because he is emotionally distraught
(c) Because he is looking for a fight
(d) Because he hopes Lem will stop at his house
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Tex receive a letter?
2. How does Pop explain Tex's mother contracted pneumonia?
3. What does Tex indicate is the worst thing that could happen to the two of them?
4. What happens to Mason at the basketball game?
5. Where did Mason attack Lem?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)