|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks Tex up after he walks out of the school?
2. What does one of the fans of the other team do to make Tex jump him?
(a) Make a nasty comment about Jamie
(b) Make a nsaty comment about Pop
(c) Make a nasty comment about Mason
(d) Make a nasty comment about Tex
3. What do Tex and Mason decide to do as the book closes?
(a) Go hunting
(b) Go read a book
(c) Go fishing
(d) Go visit Jamie and Johnny
4. Who attends the funeral of the hitchhiker?
(a) Tex's Vice principal
(b) Tex's English teacher
5. What surprise does the vice principal tell Tex?
(a) That Johnny and he are no longer allowed to talk
(b) That Pop is not coming
(c) That he will fail and have to repeat a grade
(d) That he was almost expelled
6. What does Lem ask of Tex?
(a) Never to tell the truth
(b) Not to ever try to find him
(c) Not to tell anyone where he is
(d) Not to tell Mason that he wrote a letter to him
7. From whom does Tex receive a letter?
8. How does Jamie hurt Tex?
(a) She asks him to take her home
(b) She tells him she is going to date Mason
(c) She tells him she is pregnant
(d) She says she is not ready to date
9. Who is the first person Tex talks to upon waking in the hospital?
10. What does Tex indicate is the worst thing that could happen to the two of them?
(b) Parents called
(c) Sent to the office and lectured
11. What happens to Mason at the basketball game?
(a) Mason breaks his ankle
(b) Pop comes to the game drunk
(c) The opposing team attempts to hurt him
(d) Tex and he have a fight
12. Who does Tex ask for?
(b) His mother
13. Why does Mason have a bandage on his head?
(a) Because he attacked the man who shot Tex
(b) Because he was in a fight after the basketball game
(c) Because he attacked Lem
(d) Because he was shot too
14. What advice does the vice principal give to Tex?
(a) To stop hanging around with Johnny
(b) To go home
(c) To stop coming to school
(d) To start thinking
15. What does Tex tell Lem when he gets out of the truck after being shot?
(a) Tex tells Lem to run away and be safe
(b) Tex tells Lem to go to get Mason
(c) Tex tells him to dump him like everyone else has
(d) Tex tells Lem to go home
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Mason think Pop will stay?
2. Under what circumstances does Pop tell Tex that he was conceived?
3. What are Tex and Mason inundated with?
4. What revelation does Lem make about Mason?
5. Why does Tex say he will never shoot anything again?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)