|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pop announce he is finished with?
(a) The children
(b) Riding horses
(c) Supporting the two of them
(d) The rodeo circuit
2. How does Tex answer the questions the police ask him?
(a) He made up a wild story on his own
(b) As Lem told him to
(c) He refused to answer any of the questions
3. Under what circumstances does Pop tell Tex that he was conceived?
(a) Pop was in jail
(b) It was before Pop and his mother were married
(c) His mother left his father because he was seeing other women
(d) Pop left his mother
4. What is one topic that Johnny and Tex cannot talk to each other about?
5. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
(b) Talk to Tex
(c) Talk to the police
(d) Yell at Lem
6. How long does Mason think Pop will stay?
(a) A few months
(b) A few years
(c) A few weeks
(d) A few days
7. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
(a) Because Lem doesn't know what to do
(b) Because Tex is getting blood in his truck
(c) Because the police will ask questions at the hospital
(d) Because Lem doesn't want any trouble
8. What does Jamie tell Tex can't solve everything?
9. What does Mason tell Tex about college?
(a) He says he can't decide which one to go to
(b) He says he can't wait to go
(c) He says he can't afford to go to college anymore
(d) He says he might not go and instead stay and work
10. Who attends the funeral of the hitchhiker?
(a) Tex's Vice principal
(b) Tex's English teacher
11. What does Lem ask Mason to tell the police?
(a) That it was an argument over drugs
(b) That Tex was the cause of the argument
(c) That it was an argument over money
(d) Nothing, he doesn't want Tex to talk to the police
12. What is Pop doing instead of taking Tex to buy back his horse?
(a) Shooting tournament
(c) Pool tournament
(d) Getting drunk at the bar
13. Who is the first person Tex talks to upon waking in the hospital?
14. Which word best describes how Mason feels after Tex tells him he should definitely go to college?
15. What does Lem tell his wife to do?
(a) Come and pick he and Tex up
(b) Call the ambulance
(c) Get rid of all the drugs
(d) Pack the baby up so they can flee to another city
Short Answer Questions
1. The news about the kidnapping makes the news in how many states?
2. Who is Johnny most worried about finding out about the prank?
3. Who does Lem remind Tex of after he reads his letter?
4. What revelation does Mason make about Tex?
5. What realization about Pop and Mason does Tex come to after Mason is injured?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)