|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pop explain Tex's mother contracted pneumonia?
(a) He could not afford to pay for heat during the winter
(b) He would not allow her to go to the doctor
(c) She refused to go to the doctor for any treatment
(d) She was mad at him and walked to a dance in the snow and cold
2. Where did Mason attack Lem?
(a) In the police station
(b) In the parking lot
(c) At the phone booth
(d) In the waiting room
3. Who picks Tex up after he walks out of the school?
4. Which one of Jamie's brothers does she say has disappointed her father?
5. Why did Cole make Tex hang up the phone?
(a) So the ambulance could find Tex
(b) So he could call an ambulance
(c) So he could call Mason
(d) So he could call the police
6. Why does Tex think Mason yells at him?
(a) Because Mason does not like Tex
(b) To make up for Pop never yelling
(c) Because Mason wants to be a father
(d) To make Tex feel bad about everything
7. What is the reason, as Tex thinks, for the Collins' trip to Disneyland?
(a) To separate Jamie and Tex
(b) Just a normal family vacation
(c) To give everyone a fresh start
(d) To bury the hatchet with Blackie
8. What do Tex and Mason decide to do as the book closes?
(a) Go hunting
(b) Go read a book
(c) Go fishing
(d) Go visit Jamie and Johnny
9. Which word best describes how Mason feels after Tex tells him he should definitely go to college?
10. What do Mason and Cole discuss when Cole arrives at the vice principal's office?
(a) Why Mason is there instead of Pop
(b) What punishment the school should dish out
(c) Who needed to take care of the situation
(d) Whose fault it is this time
11. Under what circumstances does Pop tell Tex that he was conceived?
(a) Pop left his mother
(b) His mother left his father because he was seeing other women
(c) Pop was in jail
(d) It was before Pop and his mother were married
12. What does one of the fans of the other team do to make Tex jump him?
(a) Make a nasty comment about Tex
(b) Make a nsaty comment about Pop
(c) Make a nasty comment about Jamie
(d) Make a nasty comment about Mason
13. What is Pop doing instead of taking Tex to buy back his horse?
(a) Shooting tournament
(c) Pool tournament
(d) Getting drunk at the bar
14. What did Tex tell Mason before he had surgery in the hospital?
(a) To take care of Pop
(b) That he does not hate him
(c) To be sure he goes to college
(d) That he hates him
15. What part of Mason is injured at the basketball game?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tex talk to when he is allowed outside at lunchtime?
2. What does Lem ask Mason to tell the police?
3. From whom does Tex receive a letter?
4. What does Tex wonder about love?
5. What does Lem ask of Tex?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)