|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the man with the summer job decide to give the job to Tex?
(a) Because he promised Miss Johnson
(b) Because he saw him at the fair working with horses
(c) Because Pop paid him to wait for Tex to heal
(d) Because he owed the police a favor
2. Who is Johnny most worried about finding out about the prank?
(d) Vice Principal
3. Who does Tex ask for?
(d) His mother
4. Why does Tex think Mason yells at him?
(a) To make up for Pop never yelling
(b) To make Tex feel bad about everything
(c) Because Mason does not like Tex
(d) Because Mason wants to be a father
5. Which word best describes how Mason feels after Tex tells him he should definitely go to college?
6. Who does Tex call from the phone booth when he is bleeding?
(a) The hospital
7. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
(a) Because Lem doesn't know what to do
(b) Because Tex is getting blood in his truck
(c) Because the police will ask questions at the hospital
(d) Because Lem doesn't want any trouble
8. How long does Mason think Pop will stay?
(a) A few years
(b) A few days
(c) A few months
(d) A few weeks
9. Which one of Jamie's brothers does she say has disappointed her father?
10. What prank are Johnny and Tex planning at the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) Motor bike stunt jumping over the basketball hoops
(b) Horse manure in a lunch bag
(c) Exploding caps on typewriter keys
(d) Food fight in the cafeteria
11. What did Tex tell Jamie that he forgot about her?
(a) She didn't care about him
(b) She always liked Mason better than him
(c) She always thought she was better than him
(d) She was one of those that was leaving
12. What happens to Mason at the basketball game?
(a) Pop comes to the game drunk
(b) Tex and he have a fight
(c) Mason breaks his ankle
(d) The opposing team attempts to hurt him
13. What surprise does the vice principal tell Tex?
(a) That he will fail and have to repeat a grade
(b) That he was almost expelled
(c) That Johnny and he are no longer allowed to talk
(d) That Pop is not coming
14. What did Tex tell Mason before he had surgery in the hospital?
(a) To take care of Pop
(b) That he hates him
(c) That he does not hate him
(d) To be sure he goes to college
15. What does Tex tell Mason to hurt his feelings?
(a) That he doesn't want him to be his brother anymore
(b) That he does not respect him
(c) That he will hate him the rest of his life
(d) That he wants to go with Pop if he leaves
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation does Lem make about Mason?
2. Why does Tex say he will never shoot anything again?
3. What happened the night Tex was shot that has upset Johnny?
4. What does one of the fans of the other team do to make Tex jump him?
5. What does Tex indicate is the worst thing that could happen to the two of them?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)