|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What revelation does Lem make about Mason?
(a) That he wants money not respect
(b) That he does not like Lem
(c) That he wants respect not money
(d) That he does not like Tex
2. What prank are Johnny and Tex planning at the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) Food fight in the cafeteria
(b) Motor bike stunt jumping over the basketball hoops
(c) Horse manure in a lunch bag
(d) Exploding caps on typewriter keys
3. Who does Tex call from the phone booth when he is bleeding?
(b) The hospital
4. Why did the man with the summer job decide to give the job to Tex?
(a) Because he owed the police a favor
(b) Because he saw him at the fair working with horses
(c) Because Pop paid him to wait for Tex to heal
(d) Because he promised Miss Johnson
5. Who does Lem remind Tex of after he reads his letter?
(a) Cole and his wife
(b) Mason and his girlfriend
(c) Tex and Jamie
(d) Pop and his young wife
6. How long does Jamie tell Mason their marriage would last?
(a) 1 month
(c) 1 year
(d) 5 years
7. Who does Tex talk to when he is allowed outside at lunchtime?
8. Why does Mason have a bandage on his head?
(a) Because he attacked the man who shot Tex
(b) Because he was shot too
(c) Because he was in a fight after the basketball game
(d) Because he attacked Lem
9. What does Mason tell Tex about college?
(a) He says he can't wait to go
(b) He says he can't decide which one to go to
(c) He says he might not go and instead stay and work
(d) He says he can't afford to go to college anymore
10. What does Pop announce he is finished with?
(a) Riding horses
(b) The children
(c) The rodeo circuit
(d) Supporting the two of them
11. Who attends the funeral of the hitchhiker?
(b) Tex's Vice principal
(d) Tex's English teacher
12. Where did Mason attack Lem?
(a) In the police station
(b) At the phone booth
(c) In the waiting room
(d) In the parking lot
13. What do Tex and Mason decide to do as the book closes?
(a) Go hunting
(b) Go read a book
(c) Go visit Jamie and Johnny
(d) Go fishing
14. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
(a) Because Lem doesn't know what to do
(b) Because Tex is getting blood in his truck
(c) Because Lem doesn't want any trouble
(d) Because the police will ask questions at the hospital
15. What is Pop doing instead of taking Tex to buy back his horse?
(a) Pool tournament
(b) Shooting tournament
(c) Getting drunk at the bar
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tex tell Mason before he had surgery in the hospital?
2. Why don't the people Lem is talking to want Tex to go outside and wait?
3. What does Lem tell his wife to do?
4. What realization about Pop and Mason does Tex come to after Mason is injured?
5. What did Tex tell Jamie that he forgot about her?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)