|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Tex and Mason inundated with?
(b) Phone calls
2. What does Mason tell Tex about college?
(a) He says he can't wait to go
(b) He says he can't decide which one to go to
(c) He says he can't afford to go to college anymore
(d) He says he might not go and instead stay and work
3. Who replaces Mason in the basketball game?
4. Under what circumstances does Pop tell Tex that he was conceived?
(a) It was before Pop and his mother were married
(b) His mother left his father because he was seeing other women
(c) Pop left his mother
(d) Pop was in jail
5. Who does Tex talk to when he is allowed outside at lunchtime?
6. Why has Pop decided to come home?
(a) Because he is out of money
(b) Because he was injured on the rodeo circuit
(c) Because he wants to see his children
(d) Because of the news and kidnapping
7. How long does Mason think Pop will stay?
(a) A few years
(b) A few days
(c) A few weeks
(d) A few months
8. What does Tex tell Lem when he gets out of the truck after being shot?
(a) Tex tells him to dump him like everyone else has
(b) Tex tells Lem to go to get Mason
(c) Tex tells Lem to run away and be safe
(d) Tex tells Lem to go home
9. Who does Lem call when he takes the phone from Tex?
(b) His home
(c) The hospital
10. What does Tex realize about Lem?
(a) That he is just another person who will dump him
(b) That he is not that smart
(c) That he only cares about himself
(d) That he is a trouble maker
11. What is one topic that Johnny and Tex cannot talk to each other about?
12. Where is Pop before he heads home?
(b) San Antonio
13. What happened the night Tex was shot that has upset Johnny?
(a) Tex was left to die
(b) Cole had to call the ambulance
(c) Lem was irresponsible
(d) Tex asked for Jamie first
14. What did Tex tell Jamie that he forgot about her?
(a) She always thought she was better than him
(b) She always liked Mason better than him
(c) She was one of those that was leaving
(d) She didn't care about him
15. Why did the man with the summer job decide to give the job to Tex?
(a) Because he promised Miss Johnson
(b) Because he saw him at the fair working with horses
(c) Because Pop paid him to wait for Tex to heal
(d) Because he owed the police a favor
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends the funeral of the hitchhiker?
2. Where did Mason attack Lem?
3. What happens to Mason at the basketball game?
4. What does Jamie tell Tex can't solve everything?
5. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)