|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tex tell Mason before he had surgery in the hospital?
(a) That he does not hate him
(b) To be sure he goes to college
(c) That he hates him
(d) To take care of Pop
2. Who does Tex talk to when he is allowed outside at lunchtime?
3. What does one of the fans of the other team do to make Tex jump him?
(a) Make a nasty comment about Mason
(b) Make a nasty comment about Tex
(c) Make a nasty comment about Jamie
(d) Make a nsaty comment about Pop
4. Why did the man with the summer job decide to give the job to Tex?
(a) Because he owed the police a favor
(b) Because Pop paid him to wait for Tex to heal
(c) Because he promised Miss Johnson
(d) Because he saw him at the fair working with horses
5. What surprise does the vice principal tell Tex?
(a) That he was almost expelled
(b) That he will fail and have to repeat a grade
(c) That Pop is not coming
(d) That Johnny and he are no longer allowed to talk
6. What does Lem ask Mason to tell the police?
(a) That it was an argument over money
(b) That it was an argument over drugs
(c) Nothing, he doesn't want Tex to talk to the police
(d) That Tex was the cause of the argument
7. What does Mason tell Tex about college?
(a) He says he can't afford to go to college anymore
(b) He says he can't wait to go
(c) He says he can't decide which one to go to
(d) He says he might not go and instead stay and work
8. Why does Tex think Mason yells at him?
(a) To make up for Pop never yelling
(b) Because Mason does not like Tex
(c) To make Tex feel bad about everything
(d) Because Mason wants to be a father
9. From whom does Tex receive a letter?
10. Who replaces Mason in the basketball game?
11. Who does Tex call from the phone booth when he is bleeding?
(d) The hospital
12. What does Mason have nightmares about?
(a) Tex being hurt
(c) Pop leaving again
(d) Mom dying
13. What revelation does Lem make about Mason?
(a) That he does not like Tex
(b) That he wants respect not money
(c) That he wants money not respect
(d) That he does not like Lem
14. Why don't the people Lem is talking to want Tex to go outside and wait?
(a) They think he is a narc
(b) They think he will call the police
(c) They think he will leave and they will not get their money
(d) They think he is going for a weapon
15. Who is Johnny most worried about finding out about the prank?
(d) Vice Principal
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Jamie's brothers does she say has disappointed her father?
2. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
3. What promise did Johnny make with God in regards to Cole and Tex?
4. Why does Mason have a bandage on his head?
5. What revelation does Mason make about Tex?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)