|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mason have a bandage on his head?
(a) Because he attacked the man who shot Tex
(b) Because he attacked Lem
(c) Because he was in a fight after the basketball game
(d) Because he was shot too
2. What is one topic that Johnny and Tex cannot talk to each other about?
3. What does Lem ask of Tex?
(a) Not to tell anyone where he is
(b) Not to tell Mason that he wrote a letter to him
(c) Not to ever try to find him
(d) Never to tell the truth
4. Who does Lem remind Tex of after he reads his letter?
(a) Pop and his young wife
(b) Cole and his wife
(c) Mason and his girlfriend
(d) Tex and Jamie
5. What happened the night Tex was shot that has upset Johnny?
(a) Tex was left to die
(b) Cole had to call the ambulance
(c) Tex asked for Jamie first
(d) Lem was irresponsible
6. Why did the man with the summer job decide to give the job to Tex?
(a) Because he promised Miss Johnson
(b) Because he owed the police a favor
(c) Because he saw him at the fair working with horses
(d) Because Pop paid him to wait for Tex to heal
7. What prank are Johnny and Tex planning at the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) Motor bike stunt jumping over the basketball hoops
(b) Food fight in the cafeteria
(c) Horse manure in a lunch bag
(d) Exploding caps on typewriter keys
8. Why does Tex think Mason should be relieved and happy?
(a) He obtained all As on his report card
(b) Pop is back for good
(c) Tex and Johnny were not expelled
(d) He earned three offers of basketball scholarships
9. What happens to Mason at the basketball game?
(a) Mason breaks his ankle
(b) Pop comes to the game drunk
(c) The opposing team attempts to hurt him
(d) Tex and he have a fight
10. Where did Mason attack Lem?
(a) At the phone booth
(b) In the parking lot
(c) In the waiting room
(d) In the police station
11. What does Tex wonder about love?
(a) Why no one loves him
(b) How you can love more than one person
(c) Why he didn't figure it out sooner
(d) Why it is so hard
12. What does Tex tell Lem when he gets out of the truck after being shot?
(a) Tex tells Lem to run away and be safe
(b) Tex tells Lem to go to get Mason
(c) Tex tells him to dump him like everyone else has
(d) Tex tells Lem to go home
13. Who does Tex talk to when he is allowed outside at lunchtime?
14. What does Mason tell Tex about college?
(a) He says he can't wait to go
(b) He says he might not go and instead stay and work
(c) He says he can't afford to go to college anymore
(d) He says he can't decide which one to go to
15. Who calls at two o'clock in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tex and Mason decide to do as the book closes?
2. What does Tex realize about Lem?
3. What does Tex tell Mason to hurt his feelings?
4. Who does Lem call when he takes the phone from Tex?
5. Why has Pop decided to come home?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)