|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Johnny most worried about finding out about the prank?
(a) Vice Principal
2. What does Tex tell Lem when he gets out of the truck after being shot?
(a) Tex tells Lem to go to get Mason
(b) Tex tells Lem to run away and be safe
(c) Tex tells him to dump him like everyone else has
(d) Tex tells Lem to go home
3. Why did Cole make Tex hang up the phone?
(a) So the ambulance could find Tex
(b) So he could call the police
(c) So he could call an ambulance
(d) So he could call Mason
4. How does Pop explain Tex's mother contracted pneumonia?
(a) He could not afford to pay for heat during the winter
(b) She refused to go to the doctor for any treatment
(c) He would not allow her to go to the doctor
(d) She was mad at him and walked to a dance in the snow and cold
5. What revelation does Lem make about Mason?
(a) That he does not like Lem
(b) That he does not like Tex
(c) That he wants money not respect
(d) That he wants respect not money
6. How does Jamie hurt Tex?
(a) She says she is not ready to date
(b) She tells him she is pregnant
(c) She asks him to take her home
(d) She tells him she is going to date Mason
7. Who attends the funeral of the hitchhiker?
(a) Tex's Vice principal
(d) Tex's English teacher
8. What do Mason and Tex do to relax?
(a) Shoot at targets
(b) Get drunk
(c) Smoke marijuana
(d) Go to bed early
9. What does Tex realize about Lem?
(a) That he only cares about himself
(b) That he is a trouble maker
(c) That he is not that smart
(d) That he is just another person who will dump him
10. What will Tex be able to start in the next week once he is well enough?
(a) Riding motorbikes with Johnny
(b) The summer job with the horses
(c) Vacation with Jamie
(d) Summer school
11. Which one of Jamie's brothers does she say has disappointed her father?
12. Which word best describes how Mason feels after Tex tells him he should definitely go to college?
13. Why don't the people Lem is talking to want Tex to go outside and wait?
(a) They think he is going for a weapon
(b) They think he will call the police
(c) They think he is a narc
(d) They think he will leave and they will not get their money
14. What does Jamie tell Tex can't solve everything?
15. Why does Tex say he will never shoot anything again?
(a) Because he is afraid of guns
(b) Because he made a promise to God
(c) Because he knows how it feels
(d) Because he no longer has the guts to kill things
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tex and Mason inundated with?
2. What does Tex tell Mason to hurt his feelings?
3. What is the only thing that keeps Tex's mind off of his horse?
4. What did Tex tell Mason before he had surgery in the hospital?
5. What revelation does Mason make about Tex?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)