|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
(a) Because Lem doesn't want any trouble
(b) Because Tex is getting blood in his truck
(c) Because Lem doesn't know what to do
(d) Because the police will ask questions at the hospital
2. Who attends the funeral of the hitchhiker?
(a) Tex's English teacher
(b) Tex's Vice principal
3. What part of Mason is injured at the basketball game?
4. What does Tex realize about Lem?
(a) That he is just another person who will dump him
(b) That he only cares about himself
(c) That he is not that smart
(d) That he is a trouble maker
5. How long does Mason think Pop will stay?
(a) A few weeks
(b) A few months
(c) A few days
(d) A few years
6. Who does Tex talk to when he is allowed outside at lunchtime?
7. What does Lem ask Mason to tell the police?
(a) That Tex was the cause of the argument
(b) That it was an argument over drugs
(c) Nothing, he doesn't want Tex to talk to the police
(d) That it was an argument over money
8. Under what circumstances does Pop tell Tex that he was conceived?
(a) Pop was in jail
(b) Pop left his mother
(c) His mother left his father because he was seeing other women
(d) It was before Pop and his mother were married
9. Why did Cole make Tex hang up the phone?
(a) So he could call the police
(b) So the ambulance could find Tex
(c) So he could call an ambulance
(d) So he could call Mason
10. What does Tex tell Mason to hurt his feelings?
(a) That he wants to go with Pop if he leaves
(b) That he doesn't want him to be his brother anymore
(c) That he will hate him the rest of his life
(d) That he does not respect him
11. Where is Pop before he heads home?
(a) San Antonio
12. What does one of the fans of the other team do to make Tex jump him?
(a) Make a nasty comment about Jamie
(b) Make a nasty comment about Mason
(c) Make a nasty comment about Tex
(d) Make a nsaty comment about Pop
13. Who does Lem remind Tex of after he reads his letter?
(a) Pop and his young wife
(b) Cole and his wife
(c) Tex and Jamie
(d) Mason and his girlfriend
14. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
(a) Talk to Tex
(c) Talk to the police
(d) Yell at Lem
15. Who calls at two o'clock in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation does Mason make about Tex?
2. Which word best describes how Mason feels after Tex tells him he should definitely go to college?
3. How does Jamie hurt Tex?
4. Where did Mason attack Lem?
5. Who does Tex ask for?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)