|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tex call from the phone booth when he is bleeding?
(d) The hospital
2. Who replaces Mason in the basketball game?
3. What do Mason and Tex do to relax?
(a) Shoot at targets
(b) Smoke marijuana
(c) Get drunk
(d) Go to bed early
4. What does Tex tell Mason to hurt his feelings?
(a) That he doesn't want him to be his brother anymore
(b) That he will hate him the rest of his life
(c) That he does not respect him
(d) That he wants to go with Pop if he leaves
5. What does Tex wonder about love?
(a) Why it is so hard
(b) How you can love more than one person
(c) Why no one loves him
(d) Why he didn't figure it out sooner
6. From whom does Tex receive a letter?
7. Why does Tex think Mason should be relieved and happy?
(a) He obtained all As on his report card
(b) Pop is back for good
(c) Tex and Johnny were not expelled
(d) He earned three offers of basketball scholarships
8. What does Lem ask of Tex?
(a) Not to tell anyone where he is
(b) Not to ever try to find him
(c) Never to tell the truth
(d) Not to tell Mason that he wrote a letter to him
9. What does Jamie tell Tex can't solve everything?
10. Why does Mason have a bandage on his head?
(a) Because he was shot too
(b) Because he attacked the man who shot Tex
(c) Because he was in a fight after the basketball game
(d) Because he attacked Lem
11. How does Jamie hurt Tex?
(a) She says she is not ready to date
(b) She tells him she is pregnant
(c) She tells him she is going to date Mason
(d) She asks him to take her home
12. What does Pop announce he is finished with?
(a) Supporting the two of them
(b) The rodeo circuit
(c) The children
(d) Riding horses
13. What did Tex tell Mason before he had surgery in the hospital?
(a) That he hates him
(b) To take care of Pop
(c) To be sure he goes to college
(d) That he does not hate him
14. What is the only thing that keeps Tex's mind off of his horse?
(a) Fighting with Mason
(b) School work
(c) His relationship with Jamie
(d) Having Pop back in his life
15. Who does Lem remind Tex of after he reads his letter?
(a) Cole and his wife
(b) Mason and his girlfriend
(c) Tex and Jamie
(d) Pop and his young wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation does Mason make about Tex?
2. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
3. What did Tex tell Jamie that he forgot about her?
4. Where did Mason attack Lem?
5. Why does Tex think Mason yells at him?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)