|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Tex shoot the people that Lem is talking to?
(a) He wonders if they have mothers and sisters
(b) He cannot find the gun
(c) He is in too much pain
(d) He just wants to leave
2. What does Tex tell Mason to hurt his feelings?
(a) That he doesn't want him to be his brother anymore
(b) That he will hate him the rest of his life
(c) That he does not respect him
(d) That he wants to go with Pop if he leaves
3. Who is Johnny most worried about finding out about the prank?
(c) Vice Principal
4. Why did the man with the summer job decide to give the job to Tex?
(a) Because Pop paid him to wait for Tex to heal
(b) Because he owed the police a favor
(c) Because he saw him at the fair working with horses
(d) Because he promised Miss Johnson
5. Why doesn't Tex go to the car wash to pick up another girl after he drops off Jamie?
(a) No other girl will go out with Tex
(b) He doesn't want anyone if he can't have her
(c) It is too late to go get another girl
(d) Jamie made him promise not to see anyone else
6. What is Pop doing instead of taking Tex to buy back his horse?
(b) Getting drunk at the bar
(c) Shooting tournament
(d) Pool tournament
7. How does Jamie hurt Tex?
(a) She says she is not ready to date
(b) She tells him she is pregnant
(c) She asks him to take her home
(d) She tells him she is going to date Mason
8. How long does Mason think Pop will stay?
(a) A few days
(b) A few weeks
(c) A few years
(d) A few months
9. Where is Pop before he heads home?
(c) San Antonio
10. What do Tex and Mason decide to do as the book closes?
(a) Go hunting
(b) Go visit Jamie and Johnny
(c) Go fishing
(d) Go read a book
11. What does Tex wonder about love?
(a) How you can love more than one person
(b) Why he didn't figure it out sooner
(c) Why it is so hard
(d) Why no one loves him
12. What surprise does the vice principal tell Tex?
(a) That he was almost expelled
(b) That Johnny and he are no longer allowed to talk
(c) That he will fail and have to repeat a grade
(d) That Pop is not coming
13. What part of Mason is injured at the basketball game?
14. Where does Tex take Jamie after they leave the game?
(a) His house
(b) Football field
(d) Gravel pits
15. What did Tex tell Jamie that he forgot about her?
(a) She always liked Mason better than him
(b) She was one of those that was leaving
(c) She always thought she was better than him
(d) She didn't care about him
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lem remind Tex of after he reads his letter?
2. Who does Tex talk to when he is allowed outside at lunchtime?
3. Who does Tex ask for?
4. Who picks Tex up after he walks out of the school?
5. What advice does the vice principal give to Tex?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)