|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lem tell his wife to do?
(a) Pack the baby up so they can flee to another city
(b) Get rid of all the drugs
(c) Come and pick he and Tex up
(d) Call the ambulance
2. How long does Mason think Pop will stay?
(a) A few years
(b) A few weeks
(c) A few months
(d) A few days
3. The news about the kidnapping makes the news in how many states?
4. What prank are Johnny and Tex planning at the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) Horse manure in a lunch bag
(b) Exploding caps on typewriter keys
(c) Motor bike stunt jumping over the basketball hoops
(d) Food fight in the cafeteria
5. What do Mason and Cole discuss when Cole arrives at the vice principal's office?
(a) What punishment the school should dish out
(b) Whose fault it is this time
(c) Why Mason is there instead of Pop
(d) Who needed to take care of the situation
6. Who does Lem remind Tex of after he reads his letter?
(a) Pop and his young wife
(b) Cole and his wife
(c) Mason and his girlfriend
(d) Tex and Jamie
7. What are Tex and Mason inundated with?
(d) Phone calls
8. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
(b) Talk to the police
(c) Talk to Tex
(d) Yell at Lem
9. What does Johnny tell Tex about Cole when he comes to visit?
(a) Cole has agreed to be responsible for Tex
(b) Johnny tells him that he does not like Cole and is going to run away
(c) Cole now likes Tex
(d) He would have died if Cole had not acted quickly
10. Who replaces Mason in the basketball game?
11. What will Tex be able to start in the next week once he is well enough?
(a) Vacation with Jamie
(b) Summer school
(c) The summer job with the horses
(d) Riding motorbikes with Johnny
12. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
(a) Because Lem doesn't want any trouble
(b) Because Lem doesn't know what to do
(c) Because the police will ask questions at the hospital
(d) Because Tex is getting blood in his truck
13. How long does Jamie tell Mason their marriage would last?
(a) 1 month
(c) 5 years
(d) 1 year
14. What realization about Pop and Mason does Tex come to after Mason is injured?
(a) Pop doesn't care about his kids
(b) Mason is going to die
(c) Mason is not a good basketball player
(d) Pop worries more about Mason than Tex
15. Why does Mason have a bandage on his head?
(a) Because he attacked the man who shot Tex
(b) Because he was shot too
(c) Because he was in a fight after the basketball game
(d) Because he attacked Lem
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened the night Tex was shot that has upset Johnny?
2. Why does Tex say he will never shoot anything again?
3. What does Tex tell Lem when he gets out of the truck after being shot?
4. What is Pop doing instead of taking Tex to buy back his horse?
5. Why can't Tex shoot the people that Lem is talking to?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)