|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lem call when he takes the phone from Tex?
(a) His home
(c) The hospital
2. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
(a) Because Lem doesn't know what to do
(b) Because Lem doesn't want any trouble
(c) Because the police will ask questions at the hospital
(d) Because Tex is getting blood in his truck
3. Why does Tex think Mason yells at him?
(a) To make up for Pop never yelling
(b) Because Mason wants to be a father
(c) Because Mason does not like Tex
(d) To make Tex feel bad about everything
4. Who calls at two o'clock in the morning?
5. What does Pop announce he is finished with?
(a) The rodeo circuit
(b) Supporting the two of them
(c) The children
(d) Riding horses
6. What do Tex and Mason decide to do as the book closes?
(a) Go hunting
(b) Go visit Jamie and Johnny
(c) Go fishing
(d) Go read a book
7. What does Jamie tell Tex can't solve everything?
8. Why does Tex think Mason should be relieved and happy?
(a) Pop is back for good
(b) Tex and Johnny were not expelled
(c) He earned three offers of basketball scholarships
(d) He obtained all As on his report card
9. How long does Jamie tell Mason their marriage would last?
(a) 1 year
(b) 1 month
(c) 5 years
10. What revelation does Lem make about Mason?
(a) That he does not like Lem
(b) That he does not like Tex
(c) That he wants money not respect
(d) That he wants respect not money
11. Which word best describes how Mason feels after Tex tells him he should definitely go to college?
12. What does Jamie tell Tex that everyone else did in public, but she did only in private?
(b) Talk to Tex
(c) Yell at Lem
(d) Talk to the police
13. What prank are Johnny and Tex planning at the beginning of chapter nine?
(a) Exploding caps on typewriter keys
(b) Horse manure in a lunch bag
(c) Motor bike stunt jumping over the basketball hoops
(d) Food fight in the cafeteria
14. Who is the first person Tex talks to upon waking in the hospital?
15. How does Jamie hurt Tex?
(a) She tells him she is pregnant
(b) She asks him to take her home
(c) She tells him she is going to date Mason
(d) She says she is not ready to date
Short Answer Questions
1. The news about the kidnapping makes the news in how many states?
2. Where does Tex take Jamie after they leave the game?
3. What is the reason, as Tex thinks, for the Collins' trip to Disneyland?
4. From whom does Tex receive a letter?
5. What realization about Pop and Mason does Tex come to after Mason is injured?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)