|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lem ask of Tex?
(a) Not to ever try to find him
(b) Not to tell anyone where he is
(c) Not to tell Mason that he wrote a letter to him
(d) Never to tell the truth
2. Why does Lem complain that Tex is shot?
(a) Because Tex is getting blood in his truck
(b) Because Lem doesn't want any trouble
(c) Because the police will ask questions at the hospital
(d) Because Lem doesn't know what to do
3. What part of Mason is injured at the basketball game?
4. What does one of the fans of the other team do to make Tex jump him?
(a) Make a nsaty comment about Pop
(b) Make a nasty comment about Jamie
(c) Make a nasty comment about Mason
(d) Make a nasty comment about Tex
5. What did Tex tell Jamie that he forgot about her?
(a) She didn't care about him
(b) She was one of those that was leaving
(c) She always thought she was better than him
(d) She always liked Mason better than him
6. What is Pop doing instead of taking Tex to buy back his horse?
(a) Getting drunk at the bar
(c) Pool tournament
(d) Shooting tournament
7. What does Lem ask Mason to tell the police?
(a) That it was an argument over money
(b) Nothing, he doesn't want Tex to talk to the police
(c) That Tex was the cause of the argument
(d) That it was an argument over drugs
8. Who picks Tex up after he walks out of the school?
9. Why doesn't Tex stop Lem from making one stop on his way back to the city?
(a) Because he is emotionally distraught
(b) Because he hopes Lem will stop at his house
(c) Because he has no control over what Lem does
(d) Because he is looking for a fight
10. Why did Cole make Tex hang up the phone?
(a) So he could call an ambulance
(b) So he could call Mason
(c) So the ambulance could find Tex
(d) So he could call the police
11. What do Mason and Cole discuss when Cole arrives at the vice principal's office?
(a) Whose fault it is this time
(b) What punishment the school should dish out
(c) Why Mason is there instead of Pop
(d) Who needed to take care of the situation
12. What does Mason have nightmares about?
(b) Pop leaving again
(c) Tex being hurt
(d) Mom dying
13. What does Johnny tell Tex about Cole when he comes to visit?
(a) Cole has agreed to be responsible for Tex
(b) He would have died if Cole had not acted quickly
(c) Johnny tells him that he does not like Cole and is going to run away
(d) Cole now likes Tex
14. How does Tex answer the questions the police ask him?
(a) He refused to answer any of the questions
(b) He made up a wild story on his own
(d) As Lem told him to
15. Who calls at two o'clock in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jamie hurt Tex?
2. What revelation does Lem make about Mason?
3. Who attends the funeral of the hitchhiker?
4. Where did Mason attack Lem?
5. What happened the night Tex was shot that has upset Johnny?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)