|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tex say has happened?
(a) Johnny's bike tires need air
(b) Johnny was chicken
(c) Johnny hit a bump
(d) Johnny's bike couldn't do it
2. How long has Pop been gone?
3. How did Tex get the wounds that Mason was tending to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Falling down along the highway
(b) At school
(c) Riding his horse
(d) Fighting with his father
4. Why does Tex feel the hitchhiker died?
(a) Because Tex and Mason were arguing
(b) Because he escaped from prison
(c) Because he slammed on the brakes
(d) Because they picked him up
5. What does the hitchhiker say he will do if Tex continues to speed?
(a) Let them both go alive with no injuries
(b) Take over driving the truck
(c) Kill Mason
(d) Kill Tex
6. Which word sums up Tex's experiences with women while Mason is at the hospital?
7. How many horses did Tex and Mason own between the two of them?
8. Which of the following characters is NOT a member of Tex's family?
9. Who accepts full responsibility for the night of drunkenness?
10. Where do Tex and Mason decide to go before they leave the city and head home?
(a) To the drug store to get Mason's medicines
(b) Shopping for fishing supplies
(c) Lem's house
(d) To eat dinner with Jamie and her friends
11. Which word best describes Tex's behavior with the female clerk?
12. Whom does Tex run into when he leaves the sporting goods store?
13. How old is Tex as this story opens?
(a) Almost 14
(b) Almost 15
(c) Almost 12
(d) Almost 18
14. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
(a) To clear his head and think about things
(b) To find the horses
(c) To run away from home
(d) To find his father
15. What was the name of the novel Tex read for a book report in English which he really enjoyed reading?
(a) Hokey the Cowhorse
(b) Smoky the Cowboy
(c) Smokey the Bear
(d) Smoky the Cowhorse
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character agrees with Jamie about the new baby?
2. When does Tex think their father will return?
3. Which of the following words best describes how Mason reacts to Cole's accusations?
4. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
5. What does the hitchhiker tell Mason and Tex he has done?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)