|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cole demand to Mason?
(a) Provide their share of the money to pay for the gas to the fair
(b) Mason to send a message to his father for Cole
(c) Tex to stop talking to Jamie
(d) Mason and Tex stay away from his family
2. What does Mason tell Tex is wrong with him?
3. Which word best describes Mason's feelings as he describes them to Bob?
4. For how long is Johnny grounded from his motorbike?
(a) 2 days
(b) 1 week
(c) 1 month
(d) 2 weeks
5. How does Tex end the crisis with the hitchhiker?
(a) Slams on his brakes
(b) Runs the truck into a canyon
(c) Speeds up faster
(d) Drives the truck into a tree
6. What is it Cole wants to know?
(a) Where Negrito is
(b) Who got his boys drunk
(c) Where Tex's father is
(d) What Tex's intentions are toward Jamie
7. Who is Cole?
(a) Mason's friend
(b) Tex's father
(c) Jamie's father
(d) Jamie's brother
8. Who is Tex going to the fair with?
(c) Bob and Johnny
9. What did Tex do to an art project which got him in trouble?
(a) Used profanity in it
(b) Tore up another student's project
(c) Set it on fire
(d) Refused to do it
10. Who do Mason and Tex think could be the next 'hitchhiker'?
11. Where does Mason announce that he has to go?
(b) Basketball game
(c) Away to find Pop
12. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
13. On what day of the week do the events of chapter five occur?
14. Which of the following characters is NOT a member of Tex's family?
15. Why does Tex increase his speed?
(a) To get to the state line faster
(b) Because he sees police in his rearview mirror
(c) To try to disarm the hitchhiker
(d) To give Mason a chance to escape
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tex and Johnny get to school at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Where does Tex sneak to where he is almost caught by Cole?
3. Which of the following characters is NOT a Collins?
4. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
5. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)