|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tex chasing in his dreams?
2. What does Tex say has happened?
(a) Johnny's bike tires need air
(b) Johnny was chicken
(c) Johnny's bike couldn't do it
(d) Johnny hit a bump
3. What causes Johnny and Tex to stop speaking for a period of time?
(a) Cole telling Tex he cannot be near Johnny any longer
(b) Tex setting the art project on fire
(c) Johnny being grounded from his motorbike
(d) Tex pushing the gym teacher too far
4. How old is Tex as this story opens?
(a) Almost 15
(b) Almost 14
(c) Almost 12
(d) Almost 18
5. Which of the following types of people does the fortune teller say that Tex is?
(a) One who is quite sad
(b) One who finds happiness
(c) One who stays
(d) One who goes
6. Why is Tex sad when they leave Tex's house?
(a) Because he thinks Lem will be killed selling drugs
(b) Because he thinks he will never see him again
(c) Because he thinks Mason will be too sick for Tex to make it back to the city
(d) Because Lem will no longer want to see Tex or Mason
7. How many horses did Tex and Mason own between the two of them?
8. Where does Tex go first after dropping off Mason at the hospital?
(c) Shopping center
(d) Hospital waiting room
9. What kinds of questions does Tex ask Mason about on the drive back home from the hospital?
(a) Questions about girls
(b) Questions about Jamie
(c) Questions about pop
(d) Questions about their mother
10. How does Tex end the crisis with the hitchhiker?
(a) Speeds up faster
(b) Runs the truck into a canyon
(c) Drives the truck into a tree
(d) Slams on his brakes
11. What does Mason tell Tex is wrong with him?
12. How long has Pop been gone?
13. Which of Tex's teachers really seems to care for him?
14. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
(a) Will Pop return before Thanksgiving?
(b) Will I get Negrito back?
(c) Will Mason leave me?
(d) Does Jamie want to be my girlfriend?
15. Where does Jamie suggest Tex and Johnny go at the fair?
(a) Food stands
(c) Haunted House
(d) Fortune Teller
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Mason and Tex at night?
2. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
3. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
4. Which sport does Mason excel at in school?
5. Why does Tex increase his speed?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)