|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Johnny like to ride his motorbike?
(b) Gravel pits
2. What does the hitchhiker say he will do if Tex continues to speed?
(a) Let them both go alive with no injuries
(b) Kill Mason
(c) Kill Tex
(d) Take over driving the truck
3. What kinds of questions does Tex ask Mason about on the drive back home from the hospital?
(a) Questions about girls
(b) Questions about pop
(c) Questions about their mother
(d) Questions about Jamie
4. Which of the following characters is NOT a Collins?
5. Which character agrees with Jamie about the new baby?
6. Which of the following terms best describes how Tex feels as he goes to pick up Mason from the hospital?
7. What causes Johnny and Tex to stop speaking for a period of time?
(a) Tex pushing the gym teacher too far
(b) Tex setting the art project on fire
(c) Cole telling Tex he cannot be near Johnny any longer
(d) Johnny being grounded from his motorbike
8. Where is Tex told to drive?
(a) To a different city
(b) To the state line
(c) Directly to their home
(d) Back to the city
9. What does Tex realize that the hitchhiker has in regards to Mason?
(a) A knife pointed at Mason's gut
(b) A gun to Mason's side
(c) Tex is naive and does not pick up on anything the hitchhiker does
(d) Mason in a head lock
10. How do Tex and Johnny get to school at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) School bus
11. What season is it as this story opens?
12. What does Cole demand to Mason?
(a) Tex to stop talking to Jamie
(b) Provide their share of the money to pay for the gas to the fair
(c) Mason and Tex stay away from his family
(d) Mason to send a message to his father for Cole
13. On what day of the week do the events of chapter five occur?
14. Which word best describes Mason's mood on the drive back home?
15. Why do Tex, Mason and Lem go to the Collins' home?
(a) To spite Cole
(b) To visit with Charlie
(c) To see Jamie
(d) To share the news
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Tex been sleepwalking?
2. When does Tex think their father will return?
3. Which adjective is the best description as to Tex's feelings about he and Johnny's friendship?
4. How old is Tex as this story opens?
5. What happens on Johnny's attempt?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)