|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tex get the wounds that Mason was tending to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Falling down along the highway
(b) At school
(c) Riding his horse
(d) Fighting with his father
2. Where is the fair?
(a) 20 miles from their home
(b) Down the road from their home
(c) 50 miles from their home
(d) Further away in the country
3. What happens on the drive back home from the city?
(a) Tex and Mason give Jamie a ride back to her house
(b) Mason needs to stop to be ill by the side of the road
(c) Tex picks up a hitchhiker
(d) Tex gets a speeding ticket
4. What did Tex do to an art project which got him in trouble?
(a) Refused to do it
(b) Set it on fire
(c) Tore up another student's project
(d) Used profanity in it
5. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
(a) He gets sick
(b) He passes out
(c) He goes straight to bed
(d) He goes to the barn to look for his horse
6. Why is Tex sad when they leave Tex's house?
(a) Because he thinks he will never see him again
(b) Because he thinks Lem will be killed selling drugs
(c) Because Lem will no longer want to see Tex or Mason
(d) Because he thinks Mason will be too sick for Tex to make it back to the city
7. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
(a) Jumping over Tex
(b) Riding up the side of a mountain
(c) Jumping over a creek
(d) Riding down a dangerous canyon
8. What was the name of the novel Tex read for a book report in English which he really enjoyed reading?
(a) Smoky the Cowhorse
(b) Smoky the Cowboy
(c) Smokey the Bear
(d) Hokey the Cowhorse
9. Which of the following characters is NOT a member of Tex's family?
10. Which word best describes what Cole hopes to do to Mason and Tex?
11. How does Tex do when he attempts the same thing as Johnny?
(a) He succeeds but cannot stop and is injured at the end
(b) He succeeds by just barely
(c) He crashes and is seriously injured
(d) He fails at the last minute
12. What forces Johnny and Tex to finally start speaking to each other again?
(a) Pop returning home to be with Tex and Mason
(b) Jamie's threatening to no longer speak to Tex
(c) Cole going out of town
(d) Johnny's injury on his motorbike
13. Why do Tex, Mason and Lem go to the Collins' home?
(a) To see Jamie
(b) To share the news
(c) To spite Cole
(d) To visit with Charlie
14. Who is Tex going to the fair with?
(a) Bob and Johnny
15. Who accepts full responsibility for the night of drunkenness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cole?
2. Where does Jamie suggest Tex and Johnny go at the fair?
3. Who did the hitchhiker remind Tex of?
4. What does Cole demand to Mason?
5. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)