|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tex get the wounds that Mason was tending to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) At school
(b) Riding his horse
(c) Fighting with his father
(d) Falling down along the highway
2. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
(a) To be sure to change
(b) His recent past has sorrow
(c) His recent past has violence
(d) He comes from four generations of cowboys
3. How does Tex do when he attempts the same thing as Johnny?
(a) He crashes and is seriously injured
(b) He fails at the last minute
(c) He succeeds but cannot stop and is injured at the end
(d) He succeeds by just barely
4. What kinds of questions does Tex ask Mason about on the drive back home from the hospital?
(a) Questions about girls
(b) Questions about their mother
(c) Questions about Jamie
(d) Questions about pop
5. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
6. What happens on the drive back home from the city?
(a) Mason needs to stop to be ill by the side of the road
(b) Tex and Mason give Jamie a ride back to her house
(c) Tex gets a speeding ticket
(d) Tex picks up a hitchhiker
7. Where does Mason announce that he has to go?
(a) Away to find Pop
(c) Basketball game
8. Who is Cole?
(a) Jamie's brother
(b) Tex's father
(c) Mason's friend
(d) Jamie's father
9. What could it be said that Tex helps Johnny recover by making the jump?
10. What activity did Tex and Johnny spend a lot of time doing during the previous summer?
(a) Riding horses
(b) Riding a motorbike
(c) Going to summer school
11. Which sport does Mason excel at in school?
12. Which word best describes how Tex feels when he first wakes up in the morning?
13. On what day of the week do the events of chapter five occur?
14. What does the hitchhiker tell Mason and Tex he has done?
(a) Killed a police officer
(b) Sold drugs
(c) Broken a few legs
(d) Killed a few people
15. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
(a) Will Mason leave me?
(b) Will I get Negrito back?
(c) Does Jamie want to be my girlfriend?
(d) Will Pop return before Thanksgiving?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Mason and Tex at night?
2. For how long is Johnny grounded from his motorbike?
3. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
4. Who is banging on the front door, which awakens Tex?
5. What announcement does Mason and Tex's nighttime visitor share?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)