|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Tex feels as he goes to pick up Mason from the hospital?
2. Who is banging on the front door, which awakens Tex?
3. How long has Tex been sleepwalking?
4. Where does Jamie suggest Tex and Johnny go at the fair?
(a) Haunted House
(b) Fortune Teller
(d) Food stands
5. Who does Cole want to blame for the boys drunkenness the night before?
6. How long has Tex known Lem?
(a) Since he started school
(b) His whole life
(c) A few months
(d) A few years
7. How long has Pop been gone?
8. What does the hitchhiker tell Mason and Tex he has done?
(a) Killed a few people
(b) Killed a police officer
(c) Broken a few legs
(d) Sold drugs
9. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
(a) He goes to the barn to look for his horse
(b) He goes straight to bed
(c) He passes out
(d) He gets sick
10. How old is Tex as this story opens?
(a) Almost 14
(b) Almost 12
(c) Almost 15
(d) Almost 18
11. Which word best describes Tex's behavior with the female clerk?
12. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
(a) Does Jamie want to be my girlfriend?
(b) Will I get Negrito back?
(c) Will Mason leave me?
(d) Will Pop return before Thanksgiving?
13. Who did the hitchhiker remind Tex of?
14. Which character regularly gets in trouble in school?
15. What announcement does Mason and Tex's nighttime visitor share?
(a) Lem and his wife had a baby
(b) Lem and his wife are moving in with Tex and Mason
(c) Lem and his wife are going back to school
(d) Lem and his wife are divorcing
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tex do when he attempts the same thing as Johnny?
2. How does Tex feel about the conversation about staying or going after his friends leave the fortune teller?
3. What did Tex do to an art project which got him in trouble?
4. Who is Cole?
5. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)