|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tex overhear Jamie saying?
(a) Tex is obviously very awkward
(b) She doesn't like Tex
(c) She can't figure out Tex
(d) She likes Tex
2. Which word best describes Mason's mood on the drive back home?
3. Who visits Mason and Tex at night?
4. What activity did Tex and Johnny spend a lot of time doing during the previous summer?
(b) Going to summer school
(c) Riding horses
(d) Riding a motorbike
5. What is the main problem of this chapter?
(a) Lost horses
(b) Lack of money
(c) Father away at the rodeo circuit
(d) No heat in the house
6. What announcement does Mason and Tex's nighttime visitor share?
(a) Lem and his wife are moving in with Tex and Mason
(b) Lem and his wife had a baby
(c) Lem and his wife are divorcing
(d) Lem and his wife are going back to school
7. Which of Tex's teachers really seems to care for him?
8. How did Lem's parents feel about his decision to leave school and get married?
(a) They were happy
(b) They were relieved
(c) They stopped talking to Lem totally
(d) They were unhappy
9. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
(a) He goes straight to bed
(b) He goes to the barn to look for his horse
(c) He passes out
(d) He gets sick
10. What activity does Tex enjoy doing before going to school?
(a) Riding his horse
(b) Riding his motorbike
(d) Playing basketball
11. Who did the hitchhiker remind Tex of?
12. Which of the following words best describes how Mason reacts to Cole's accusations?
(a) Mostly calm and collected
(b) Mostly hostile and angry
(c) Mostly indignant and repulsed
(d) Mostly upset and repentent
13. Where is Mason and Tex's father?
(a) At his work
(b) On the rodeo circuit
(c) Fixing the furnace
(d) The author does not tell the reader about their father
14. What did Tex do to an art project which got him in trouble?
(a) Refused to do it
(b) Set it on fire
(c) Tore up another student's project
(d) Used profanity in it
15. Where does Johnny like to ride his motorbike?
(c) Gravel pits
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
2. How long has Tex known Lem?
3. What is Tex's dream about?
4. Which word best describes Tex's behavior with the female clerk?
5. What is Tex accused of in the outdoor sporting goods store?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)