|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of questions does Tex ask Mason about on the drive back home from the hospital?
(a) Questions about girls
(b) Questions about Jamie
(c) Questions about pop
(d) Questions about their mother
2. Where is Mason going on Saturday?
(a) To the fair
(b) To visit the new baby
(c) To the hospital for tests
(d) To an away basketball game
3. Who do Mason and Tex think could be the next 'hitchhiker'?
4. Which sport does Mason excel at in school?
5. How does Tex get out of the situation at the sporting goods store?
(a) Goes with the police
(b) Talks his way out of it
(c) Waits for Mason to come and vouch for his character
(d) Agrees to work to pay off any costs
6. Which of Tex's teachers really seems to care for him?
7. What does the hitchhiker try to do as he leaves the vehicle?
(a) Take Mason with him
(b) Shoot Mason
(c) Stab Mason
(d) Stab Tex
8. Which word best describes how Tex feels when he first wakes up in the morning?
9. Which of the following words best describes the relationship between Tex and Mason based only on this chapter?
10. What is Tex accused of trying to steal?
(a) Fishing lure
(d) Pocket knife
11. Who is Tex chasing in his dreams?
12. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
(a) Jumping over Tex
(b) Jumping over a creek
(c) Riding up the side of a mountain
(d) Riding down a dangerous canyon
13. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
(a) He goes straight to bed
(b) He goes to the barn to look for his horse
(c) He passes out
(d) He gets sick
14. How long has Pop been gone?
15. Which of the following words best describes how Mason reacts to Cole's accusations?
(a) Mostly hostile and angry
(b) Mostly indignant and repulsed
(c) Mostly upset and repentent
(d) Mostly calm and collected
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how Tex feels as he goes to pick up Mason from the hospital?
2. Which character regularly gets in trouble in school?
3. What is it Cole wants to know?
4. Which of the following words best describes how Tex feels once he finds out how where Mason is really going?
5. How long has Tex known Lem?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)