|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the hitchhiker?
(a) He runs down into a ditch
(b) He is killed by the police
(c) He escapes across the state line
(d) Mason shoots him with his own gun
2. Which word best describes what Cole hopes to do to Mason and Tex?
3. Which word best describes Mason's medical condition?
(a) Very serious
(b) Life threatening
(c) He has no medical condition
(d) Not very serious
4. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
5. What does the gym teacher want from Tex?
(a) To become the next basketball star
(b) To show up to class
(c) To go to the office for skipping class
(d) To dress appropriatly for class
6. Which word best describes Mason's mood on the drive back home?
7. Who do Mason and Tex think could be the next 'hitchhiker'?
8. Which word sums up Tex's experiences with women while Mason is at the hospital?
9. Which character regularly gets in trouble in school?
10. What is Tex accused of trying to steal?
(b) Fishing lure
(d) Pocket knife
11. Which word best describes Mason's feelings as he describes them to Bob?
12. What does the hitchhiker try to do as he leaves the vehicle?
(a) Take Mason with him
(b) Stab Tex
(c) Shoot Mason
(d) Stab Mason
13. What happens on the drive back home from the city?
(a) Mason needs to stop to be ill by the side of the road
(b) Tex and Mason give Jamie a ride back to her house
(c) Tex gets a speeding ticket
(d) Tex picks up a hitchhiker
14. What does Tex say has happened?
(a) Johnny hit a bump
(b) Johnny was chicken
(c) Johnny's bike tires need air
(d) Johnny's bike couldn't do it
15. Why is Tex surprised to see Mason at home after school?
(a) He gets out of school later than Tex
(b) He should be at his job
(c) He usually is doing something basketball related
(d) He is not surprised; Mason is usually home before him
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sport does Mason excel at in school?
2. How long has Tex been sleepwalking?
3. Where is Mason and Tex's father?
4. What did the police tell Tex and Mason the hitchhiker was in jail for?
5. Which word best describes Tex's behavior with the female clerk?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)