|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tex go first after dropping off Mason at the hospital?
(a) Hospital waiting room
(b) Shopping center
2. How does Tex do when he attempts the same thing as Johnny?
(a) He crashes and is seriously injured
(b) He fails at the last minute
(c) He succeeds by just barely
(d) He succeeds but cannot stop and is injured at the end
3. Which of the following characters is NOT a member of Tex's family?
4. What happens to the hitchhiker?
(a) He escapes across the state line
(b) He runs down into a ditch
(c) Mason shoots him with his own gun
(d) He is killed by the police
5. Where is Mason and Tex's father?
(a) The author does not tell the reader about their father
(b) At his work
(c) Fixing the furnace
(d) On the rodeo circuit
6. Who is Tex chasing in his dreams?
7. Which of the following terms best describes how Tex feels as he goes to pick up Mason from the hospital?
8. Which adjective is the best description as to Tex's feelings about he and Johnny's friendship?
9. How long has Pop been gone?
10. What activity did Tex and Johnny spend a lot of time doing during the previous summer?
(b) Riding horses
(c) Riding a motorbike
(d) Going to summer school
11. What does the hitchhiker tell Mason and Tex he has done?
(a) Killed a few people
(b) Sold drugs
(c) Killed a police officer
(d) Broken a few legs
12. What is the likely reason for the heat being turned off in the house?
(a) The bill was not paid
(b) Everyone was at school and has not turned it on yet
(c) The furnace was broken
(d) It was warm outside, so there was no need for heat
13. How long has Tex known Lem?
(a) A few years
(b) His whole life
(c) A few months
(d) Since he started school
14. What does Mason tell Tex is wrong with him?
15. How do Johnny and Tex feel after they have both made their attempts?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Tex think their father will return?
2. Where is Mason going on Saturday?
3. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
4. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
5. What does Tex realize that the hitchhiker has in regards to Mason?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)