|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is banging on the front door, which awakens Tex?
2. Who do they visit once they leave the fair?
3. What does Tex overhear Jamie saying?
(a) Tex is obviously very awkward
(b) She doesn't like Tex
(c) She likes Tex
(d) She can't figure out Tex
4. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
(a) He comes from four generations of cowboys
(b) His recent past has violence
(c) His recent past has sorrow
(d) To be sure to change
5. Who is Tex going to the fair with?
(d) Bob and Johnny
6. What causes Johnny and Tex to stop speaking for a period of time?
(a) Cole telling Tex he cannot be near Johnny any longer
(b) Tex setting the art project on fire
(c) Tex pushing the gym teacher too far
(d) Johnny being grounded from his motorbike
7. What is it Cole wants to know?
(a) Where Negrito is
(b) Where Tex's father is
(c) What Tex's intentions are toward Jamie
(d) Who got his boys drunk
8. Where do Tex and Mason decide to go before they leave the city and head home?
(a) To the drug store to get Mason's medicines
(b) Shopping for fishing supplies
(c) To eat dinner with Jamie and her friends
(d) Lem's house
9. How old is Tex as this story opens?
(a) Almost 18
(b) Almost 12
(c) Almost 15
(d) Almost 14
10. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
11. What does Mason chastise Tex for?
(b) Slamming on the brakes
(c) Looking at the hitchhiker's body
(d) Picking up a hitchhiker to begin with
12. Where is Mason and Tex's father?
(a) At his work
(b) On the rodeo circuit
(c) Fixing the furnace
(d) The author does not tell the reader about their father
13. How does Tex feel about the thought of Mason leaving home?
14. Where is the fair?
(a) Down the road from their home
(b) Further away in the country
(c) 50 miles from their home
(d) 20 miles from their home
15. What happens on the drive back home from the city?
(a) Tex and Mason give Jamie a ride back to her house
(b) Tex gets a speeding ticket
(c) Tex picks up a hitchhiker
(d) Mason needs to stop to be ill by the side of the road
Short Answer Questions
1. What forces Johnny and Tex to finally start speaking to each other again?
2. Who did the hitchhiker remind Tex of?
3. Which word best describes how Tex feels when he first wakes up in the morning?
4. Where is Mason going on Saturday?
5. Where does Jamie suggest Tex and Johnny go at the fair?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)