|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mason announce that he has to go?
(a) Basketball game
(b) Away to find Pop
2. What is Tex accused of in the outdoor sporting goods store?
(a) Sexual Harassment
(c) Taking merchandise off of the shelf without permission
(d) Parking in a loading zone
3. What happens on the drive back home from the city?
(a) Tex gets a speeding ticket
(b) Mason needs to stop to be ill by the side of the road
(c) Tex picks up a hitchhiker
(d) Tex and Mason give Jamie a ride back to her house
4. What was the name of the novel Tex read for a book report in English which he really enjoyed reading?
(a) Smokey the Bear
(b) Hokey the Cowhorse
(c) Smoky the Cowboy
(d) Smoky the Cowhorse
5. What did the police tell Tex and Mason the hitchhiker was in jail for?
(a) Armed robbery
(d) Selling drugs
6. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
7. Which of the following was the name of Tex's horse?
8. How do Tex and Johnny get to school at the beginning of this chapter?
(d) School bus
9. What happens to the hitchhiker?
(a) Mason shoots him with his own gun
(b) He escapes across the state line
(c) He runs down into a ditch
(d) He is killed by the police
10. Who visits Mason and Tex at night?
11. Which of the following terms best describes how Tex feels as he goes to pick up Mason from the hospital?
12. Which of the following characters is NOT a member of Tex's family?
13. Where is Mason going on Saturday?
(a) To an away basketball game
(b) To the hospital for tests
(c) To visit the new baby
(d) To the fair
14. What is Bob and Johnny's brother studying in college?
15. What does Cole demand to Mason?
(a) Tex to stop talking to Jamie
(b) Provide their share of the money to pay for the gas to the fair
(c) Mason and Tex stay away from his family
(d) Mason to send a message to his father for Cole
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main problem of this chapter?
2. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
3. What is Tex's dream about?
4. What activity did Tex and Johnny spend a lot of time doing during the previous summer?
5. Which character agrees with Jamie about the new baby?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)