|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes how Tex feels once he finds out how where Mason is really going?
2. Where is Mason going on Saturday?
(a) To visit the new baby
(b) To an away basketball game
(c) To the fair
(d) To the hospital for tests
3. Where does Mason announce that he has to go?
(a) Away to find Pop
(b) Basketball game
4. Where do Tex and Mason decide to go before they leave the city and head home?
(a) To the drug store to get Mason's medicines
(b) To eat dinner with Jamie and her friends
(c) Lem's house
(d) Shopping for fishing supplies
5. Where is the fair?
(a) 50 miles from their home
(b) Further away in the country
(c) 20 miles from their home
(d) Down the road from their home
6. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
(a) He goes straight to bed
(b) He goes to the barn to look for his horse
(c) He passes out
(d) He gets sick
7. Which word best describes Mason's mood on the drive back home?
8. Which of the following characters is NOT a member of Tex's family?
9. What does the hitchhiker say he will do if Tex continues to speed?
(a) Take over driving the truck
(b) Kill Mason
(c) Kill Tex
(d) Let them both go alive with no injuries
10. What is Tex's dream about?
(a) His father
(b) He is leaving the house
(c) His brother going to college
(d) His mother
11. What did Tex do to an art project which got him in trouble?
(a) Refused to do it
(b) Set it on fire
(c) Tore up another student's project
(d) Used profanity in it
12. What was the name of the novel Tex read for a book report in English which he really enjoyed reading?
(a) Smoky the Cowboy
(b) Smokey the Bear
(c) Hokey the Cowhorse
(d) Smoky the Cowhorse
13. Who do Mason and Tex think could be the next 'hitchhiker'?
14. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
15. For how long is Johnny grounded from his motorbike?
(a) 1 week
(b) 1 month
(c) 2 weeks
(d) 2 days
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cole demand to Mason?
2. Who is Tex chasing in his dreams?
3. Which word best describes Mason's feelings as he describes them to Bob?
4. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
5. What does the hitchhiker try to do as he leaves the vehicle?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)