|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tex feel about the thought of Mason leaving home?
2. Who is banging on the front door, which awakens Tex?
3. How did Tex get the wounds that Mason was tending to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) At school
(b) Riding his horse
(c) Falling down along the highway
(d) Fighting with his father
4. Why does Tex increase his speed?
(a) To give Mason a chance to escape
(b) Because he sees police in his rearview mirror
(c) To try to disarm the hitchhiker
(d) To get to the state line faster
5. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
(a) He comes from four generations of cowboys
(b) His recent past has sorrow
(c) To be sure to change
(d) His recent past has violence
6. Which of the following words best describes how Mason reacts to Cole's accusations?
(a) Mostly indignant and repulsed
(b) Mostly upset and repentent
(c) Mostly calm and collected
(d) Mostly hostile and angry
7. Which of the following words best describes how Tex feels once he finds out how where Mason is really going?
8. What announcement does Mason and Tex's nighttime visitor share?
(a) Lem and his wife are divorcing
(b) Lem and his wife are going back to school
(c) Lem and his wife had a baby
(d) Lem and his wife are moving in with Tex and Mason
9. What activity does Tex enjoy doing before going to school?
(b) Riding his horse
(c) Playing basketball
(d) Riding his motorbike
10. What activity did Tex and Johnny spend a lot of time doing during the previous summer?
(a) Riding horses
(b) Riding a motorbike
(c) Going to summer school
11. What is Bob and Johnny's brother studying in college?
12. Why is Tex surprised to see Mason at home after school?
(a) He should be at his job
(b) He usually is doing something basketball related
(c) He is not surprised; Mason is usually home before him
(d) He gets out of school later than Tex
13. Which character regularly gets in trouble in school?
14. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
(a) Will I get Negrito back?
(b) Does Jamie want to be my girlfriend?
(c) Will Pop return before Thanksgiving?
(d) Will Mason leave me?
15. Who do they visit once they leave the fair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tex going to the fair with?
2. Which of the following types of people does the fortune teller say that Tex is?
3. Where is Mason going on Saturday?
4. Which sport does Mason excel at in school?
5. What did Tex do to an art project which got him in trouble?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)