|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
(a) He passes out
(b) He goes straight to bed
(c) He goes to the barn to look for his horse
(d) He gets sick
2. How does the vice principal generally respond when Tex is sent there?
(a) Scolds him
(b) Suspends him
(c) Calls Mason to deal with him
(d) Does nothing as Tex rarely if ever gets in trouble
3. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
4. Who do Mason and Tex think could be the next 'hitchhiker'?
5. What did Tex's mother die from?
(b) Heart disease
(c) Broken neck
(d) Trampled by a horse
6. What announcement does Mason and Tex's nighttime visitor share?
(a) Lem and his wife are going back to school
(b) Lem and his wife are moving in with Tex and Mason
(c) Lem and his wife had a baby
(d) Lem and his wife are divorcing
7. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
(a) His recent past has sorrow
(b) To be sure to change
(c) His recent past has violence
(d) He comes from four generations of cowboys
8. Who is banging on the front door, which awakens Tex?
9. How long has Tex been sleepwalking?
10. Who does Cole want to blame for the boys drunkenness the night before?
11. Whom does Tex run into when he leaves the sporting goods store?
12. Which of the following types of people does the fortune teller say that Tex is?
(a) One who stays
(b) One who finds happiness
(c) One who goes
(d) One who is quite sad
13. What does Tex overhear Jamie saying?
(a) She doesn't like Tex
(b) She can't figure out Tex
(c) Tex is obviously very awkward
(d) She likes Tex
14. Who is Tex going to the fair with?
(b) Bob and Johnny
15. Why is Tex sad when they leave Tex's house?
(a) Because he thinks Mason will be too sick for Tex to make it back to the city
(b) Because Lem will no longer want to see Tex or Mason
(c) Because he thinks Lem will be killed selling drugs
(d) Because he thinks he will never see him again
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Tex and Mason decide to go before they leave the city and head home?
2. What happens to the hitchhiker?
3. Which of Tex's teachers really seems to care for him?
4. Which of the following was the name of Tex's horse?
5. How does Tex feel about the thought of Mason leaving home?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)