|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tex surprised to see Mason at home after school?
(a) He usually is doing something basketball related
(b) He is not surprised; Mason is usually home before him
(c) He gets out of school later than Tex
(d) He should be at his job
2. For how long is Johnny grounded from his motorbike?
(a) 1 week
(b) 1 month
(c) 2 days
(d) 2 weeks
3. Which word best describes Mason's mood on the drive back home?
4. What does Tex realize that the hitchhiker has in regards to Mason?
(a) Tex is naive and does not pick up on anything the hitchhiker does
(b) Mason in a head lock
(c) A gun to Mason's side
(d) A knife pointed at Mason's gut
5. Which word best describes Mason's medical condition?
(a) Very serious
(b) He has no medical condition
(c) Life threatening
(d) Not very serious
6. Which word best describes what Cole hopes to do to Mason and Tex?
7. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
8. Why is Tex sad when they leave Tex's house?
(a) Because he thinks Mason will be too sick for Tex to make it back to the city
(b) Because he thinks he will never see him again
(c) Because Lem will no longer want to see Tex or Mason
(d) Because he thinks Lem will be killed selling drugs
9. Which word best describes Mason's feelings as he describes them to Bob?
10. What causes Johnny and Tex to stop speaking for a period of time?
(a) Tex pushing the gym teacher too far
(b) Cole telling Tex he cannot be near Johnny any longer
(c) Johnny being grounded from his motorbike
(d) Tex setting the art project on fire
11. Which sport does Mason excel at in school?
12. Who did the hitchhiker remind Tex of?
13. Which word best describes how Tex feels when Cole is around?
14. How many horses did Tex and Mason own between the two of them?
15. Where does Tex go first after dropping off Mason at the hospital?
(a) Hospital waiting room
(d) Shopping center
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hitchhiker say he will do if Tex continues to speed?
2. How do Johnny and Tex feel after they have both made their attempts?
3. Which of Tex's teachers really seems to care for him?
4. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
5. Which of the following words best describes how Mason reacts to Cole's accusations?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)