|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the hitchhiker remind Tex of?
2. Which of the following words best describes how Mason reacts to Cole's accusations?
(a) Mostly indignant and repulsed
(b) Mostly hostile and angry
(c) Mostly calm and collected
(d) Mostly upset and repentent
3. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
(a) His recent past has sorrow
(b) He comes from four generations of cowboys
(c) His recent past has violence
(d) To be sure to change
4. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
5. What is Tex accused of in the outdoor sporting goods store?
(a) Sexual Harassment
(c) Taking merchandise off of the shelf without permission
(d) Parking in a loading zone
6. Where does Tex sneak to where he is almost caught by Cole?
(a) Into school late
(b) Into Cole's house
(c) Into the barn to visit the horses
(d) Upstairs to get Jamie
7. What was the name of the novel Tex read for a book report in English which he really enjoyed reading?
(a) Hokey the Cowhorse
(b) Smoky the Cowboy
(c) Smokey the Bear
(d) Smoky the Cowhorse
8. How long has Tex been sleepwalking?
9. Whom does Tex run into when he leaves the sporting goods store?
10. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
11. What does Lem tell Mason and Tex he is doing for work?
(a) Making illegal drugs
(b) A go-between selling drugs
(c) Using welfare
(d) Working in a lumber yard
12. Why does Tex increase his speed?
(a) To get to the state line faster
(b) To give Mason a chance to escape
(c) To try to disarm the hitchhiker
(d) Because he sees police in his rearview mirror
13. Where do Tex and Mason decide to go before they leave the city and head home?
(a) Shopping for fishing supplies
(b) To eat dinner with Jamie and her friends
(c) To the drug store to get Mason's medicines
(d) Lem's house
14. Which of the following was the name of Tex's horse?
15. Which of the following terms best describes how Tex feels as he goes to pick up Mason from the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hitchhiker tell Mason and Tex he has done?
2. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
3. What does Mason tell Tex is wrong with him?
4. When does Mason think their father will return?
5. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)