|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tex sad when they leave Tex's house?
(a) Because he thinks Mason will be too sick for Tex to make it back to the city
(b) Because he thinks he will never see him again
(c) Because he thinks Lem will be killed selling drugs
(d) Because Lem will no longer want to see Tex or Mason
2. What activity did Tex and Johnny spend a lot of time doing during the previous summer?
(a) Riding a motorbike
(b) Going to summer school
(d) Riding horses
3. Which word sums up Tex's experiences with women while Mason is at the hospital?
4. How does Tex end the crisis with the hitchhiker?
(a) Drives the truck into a tree
(b) Speeds up faster
(c) Slams on his brakes
(d) Runs the truck into a canyon
5. What forces Johnny and Tex to finally start speaking to each other again?
(a) Cole going out of town
(b) Johnny's injury on his motorbike
(c) Jamie's threatening to no longer speak to Tex
(d) Pop returning home to be with Tex and Mason
6. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
7. Why do Tex, Mason and Lem go to the Collins' home?
(a) To see Jamie
(b) To spite Cole
(c) To visit with Charlie
(d) To share the news
8. Who is Tex chasing in his dreams?
9. How do Tex and Johnny get to school at the beginning of this chapter?
(c) School bus
10. What does the gym teacher want from Tex?
(a) To dress appropriatly for class
(b) To go to the office for skipping class
(c) To become the next basketball star
(d) To show up to class
11. How do Johnny and Tex feel after they have both made their attempts?
12. What season is it as this story opens?
13. How long has Tex been sleepwalking?
14. What is Bob and Johnny's brother studying in college?
15. Which word best describes what Cole hopes to do to Mason and Tex?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mason chastise Tex for?
2. Which of the following words best describes the relationship between Tex and Mason based only on this chapter?
3. What does Mason tell Tex is wrong with him?
4. How did Tex get the wounds that Mason was tending to at the beginning of this chapter?
5. Which of the following words best describes how Tex feels once he finds out how where Mason is really going?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)