|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
2. How do Tex and Johnny get to school at the beginning of this chapter?
(c) School bus
3. Where does Jamie suggest Tex and Johnny go at the fair?
(b) Fortune Teller
(c) Food stands
(d) Haunted House
4. What activity does Tex enjoy doing before going to school?
(a) Riding his horse
(c) Playing basketball
(d) Riding his motorbike
5. Where is Tex told to drive?
(a) Back to the city
(b) To a different city
(c) Directly to their home
(d) To the state line
6. What is the main problem of this chapter?
(a) Lack of money
(b) No heat in the house
(c) Lost horses
(d) Father away at the rodeo circuit
7. Where is Mason and Tex's father?
(a) Fixing the furnace
(b) At his work
(c) The author does not tell the reader about their father
(d) On the rodeo circuit
8. Where do Tex and Mason decide to go before they leave the city and head home?
(a) To eat dinner with Jamie and her friends
(b) Shopping for fishing supplies
(c) To the drug store to get Mason's medicines
(d) Lem's house
9. Which of the following types of people does the fortune teller say that Tex is?
(a) One who goes
(b) One who is quite sad
(c) One who finds happiness
(d) One who stays
10. What does Tex realize that the hitchhiker has in regards to Mason?
(a) A knife pointed at Mason's gut
(b) Tex is naive and does not pick up on anything the hitchhiker does
(c) Mason in a head lock
(d) A gun to Mason's side
11. What does Tex say has happened?
(a) Johnny's bike couldn't do it
(b) Johnny's bike tires need air
(c) Johnny was chicken
(d) Johnny hit a bump
12. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
(a) To find the horses
(b) To clear his head and think about things
(c) To find his father
(d) To run away from home
13. Who is Tex chasing in his dreams?
14. What did Tex do to an art project which got him in trouble?
(a) Tore up another student's project
(b) Used profanity in it
(c) Refused to do it
(d) Set it on fire
15. What is Mason's biggest goal?
(a) To be a basketball star
(b) To take care of Tex
(c) To play in the NBA
(d) To leave home and go to college
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hitchhiker tell Mason and Tex he has done?
2. Why do Tex, Mason and Lem go to the Collins' home?
3. Which sport does Mason excel at in school?
4. Who is banging on the front door, which awakens Tex?
5. What is Tex's dream about?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)