|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lem tell Mason and Tex he is doing for work?
(a) Working in a lumber yard
(b) Making illegal drugs
(c) A go-between selling drugs
(d) Using welfare
2. How does Tex do when he attempts the same thing as Johnny?
(a) He succeeds but cannot stop and is injured at the end
(b) He fails at the last minute
(c) He crashes and is seriously injured
(d) He succeeds by just barely
3. Which word best describes how Tex feels when Cole is around?
4. What announcement does Mason and Tex's nighttime visitor share?
(a) Lem and his wife are going back to school
(b) Lem and his wife are divorcing
(c) Lem and his wife had a baby
(d) Lem and his wife are moving in with Tex and Mason
5. Why do Tex, Mason and Lem go to the Collins' home?
(a) To share the news
(b) To visit with Charlie
(c) To spite Cole
(d) To see Jamie
6. Where do Tex and Mason decide to go before they leave the city and head home?
(a) Shopping for fishing supplies
(b) Lem's house
(c) To the drug store to get Mason's medicines
(d) To eat dinner with Jamie and her friends
7. How long has Tex been sleepwalking?
8. When does Mason think their father will return?
(b) Next week
(c) In the spring
(d) Before Thanksgiving
9. How old is Tex as this story opens?
(a) Almost 15
(b) Almost 18
(c) Almost 12
(d) Almost 14
10. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
(a) He comes from four generations of cowboys
(b) His recent past has sorrow
(c) To be sure to change
(d) His recent past has violence
11. Who do Mason and Tex think could be the next 'hitchhiker'?
12. How does Tex feel when the people at the outdoor sporting goods store tell him he can go?
13. Which of Tex's teachers really seems to care for him?
14. How do Johnny and Tex feel after they have both made their attempts?
15. What did Tex's mother die from?
(b) Broken neck
(c) Heart disease
(d) Trampled by a horse
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the hitchhiker?
2. Whom does Tex run into when he leaves the sporting goods store?
3. Who accepts full responsibility for the night of drunkenness?
4. What does the hitchhiker try to do as he leaves the vehicle?
5. Which of the following types of people does the fortune teller say that Tex is?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)