|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tex feel the hitchhiker died?
(a) Because Tex and Mason were arguing
(b) Because they picked him up
(c) Because he slammed on the brakes
(d) Because he escaped from prison
2. How does Tex get out of the situation at the sporting goods store?
(a) Waits for Mason to come and vouch for his character
(b) Agrees to work to pay off any costs
(c) Talks his way out of it
(d) Goes with the police
3. What promise did Johnny make with God in regards to Cole and Tex?
(a) He promised to listen to Cole if Tex died
(b) He promised not to upset Cole if Tex lived
(c) He promised to leave Cole if Tex died
(d) He promised never to disobey Cole if Tex lived
4. What happens on Johnny's attempt?
(a) He succeeds
(b) He fails at the last minute
(c) He fails and falls into the creek where Tex must save him
(d) He crashes and is seriously injured
5. Why has Pop decided to come home?
(a) Because he wants to see his children
(b) Because he was injured on the rodeo circuit
(c) Because he is out of money
(d) Because of the news and kidnapping
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tex call from the phone booth when he is bleeding?
2. What does the hitchhiker tell Mason and Tex he has done?
3. What activity does Tex enjoy doing before going to school?
4. How did Tex get the wounds that Mason was tending to at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What activity did Tex and Johnny spend a lot of time doing during the previous summer?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)