|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the hitchhiker?
(a) He is killed by the police
(b) He runs down into a ditch
(c) He escapes across the state line
(d) Mason shoots him with his own gun
2. How does Tex do when he attempts the same thing as Johnny?
(a) He succeeds but cannot stop and is injured at the end
(b) He crashes and is seriously injured
(c) He succeeds by just barely
(d) He fails at the last minute
3. Which word best describes Mason's medical condition?
(a) Life threatening
(b) Very serious
(c) Not very serious
(d) He has no medical condition
4. How does Tex get out of the situation at the sporting goods store?
(a) Waits for Mason to come and vouch for his character
(b) Agrees to work to pay off any costs
(c) Goes with the police
(d) Talks his way out of it
5. Where is Mason and Tex's father?
(a) The author does not tell the reader about their father
(b) On the rodeo circuit
(c) At his work
(d) Fixing the furnace
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sport does Mason excel at in school?
2. What is Mason's biggest goal?
3. How does Tex feel about the conversation about staying or going after his friends leave the fortune teller?
4. Which word best describes what Cole hopes to do to Mason and Tex?
5. How does the vice principal generally respond when Tex is sent there?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)