|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the likely reason for the heat being turned off in the house?
(a) Everyone was at school and has not turned it on yet
(b) It was warm outside, so there was no need for heat
(c) The furnace was broken
(d) The bill was not paid
2. What happens on Johnny's attempt?
(a) He fails and falls into the creek where Tex must save him
(b) He fails at the last minute
(c) He succeeds
(d) He crashes and is seriously injured
3. What does Pop announce he is finished with?
(a) Riding horses
(b) The rodeo circuit
(c) Supporting the two of them
(d) The children
4. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
(a) To clear his head and think about things
(b) To run away from home
(c) To find the horses
(d) To find his father
5. Which word sums up Tex's experiences with women while Mason is at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
2. Where is Tex told to drive?
3. Why do Tex, Mason and Lem go to the Collins' home?
4. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
5. Which sport does Mason excel at in school?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)