|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Johnny's attempt?
(a) He succeeds
(b) He fails at the last minute
(c) He fails and falls into the creek where Tex must save him
(d) He crashes and is seriously injured
2. Why is Tex sad when they leave Tex's house?
(a) Because Lem will no longer want to see Tex or Mason
(b) Because he thinks Lem will be killed selling drugs
(c) Because he thinks Mason will be too sick for Tex to make it back to the city
(d) Because he thinks he will never see him again
3. What does Cole demand to Mason?
(a) Mason to send a message to his father for Cole
(b) Tex to stop talking to Jamie
(c) Provide their share of the money to pay for the gas to the fair
(d) Mason and Tex stay away from his family
4. When does Mason think their father will return?
(a) In the spring
(b) Before Thanksgiving
(c) Next week
5. What is the only thing that keeps Tex's mind off of his horse?
(a) School work
(b) His relationship with Jamie
(c) Having Pop back in his life
(d) Fighting with Mason
Short Answer Questions
1. What could it be said that Tex helps Johnny recover by making the jump?
2. Which word best describes how Tex feels when Cole is around?
3. What does Tex realize that the hitchhiker has in regards to Mason?
4. Which word best describes how Tex feels when he first wakes up in the morning?
5. On what day of the week do the events of chapter five occur?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)