|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tex as this story opens?
(a) Almost 18
(b) Almost 14
(c) Almost 12
(d) Almost 15
2. What does Cole demand to Mason?
(a) Mason to send a message to his father for Cole
(b) Mason and Tex stay away from his family
(c) Provide their share of the money to pay for the gas to the fair
(d) Tex to stop talking to Jamie
3. What activity does Tex enjoy doing before going to school?
(a) Riding his horse
(b) Playing basketball
(d) Riding his motorbike
4. What is the likely reason for the heat being turned off in the house?
(a) The furnace was broken
(b) Everyone was at school and has not turned it on yet
(c) The bill was not paid
(d) It was warm outside, so there was no need for heat
5. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
(a) He comes from four generations of cowboys
(b) His recent past has violence
(c) To be sure to change
(d) His recent past has sorrow
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
2. Which word best describes what Cole hopes to do to Mason and Tex?
3. Why do Tex, Mason and Lem go to the Collins' home?
4. What announcement does Mason and Tex's nighttime visitor share?
5. Which of the following types of people does the fortune teller say that Tex is?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)