|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something the fortune teller tells Tex?
(a) His recent past has sorrow
(b) To be sure to change
(c) He comes from four generations of cowboys
(d) His recent past has violence
2. What happens when Tex returns home after the party?
(a) He goes straight to bed
(b) He gets sick
(c) He passes out
(d) He goes to the barn to look for his horse
3. How did Tex get the wounds that Mason was tending to at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) At school
(b) Falling down along the highway
(c) Riding his horse
(d) Fighting with his father
4. Which of the following words best describes the relationship between Tex and Mason based only on this chapter?
5. What is the likely reason for the heat being turned off in the house?
(a) The bill was not paid
(b) It was warm outside, so there was no need for heat
(c) The furnace was broken
(d) Everyone was at school and has not turned it on yet
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Mason's feelings as he describes them to Bob?
2. Which of the following questions is the yes or no question which Tex thought of while with the fortune teller?
3. How long has Pop been gone?
4. What season is it as this story opens?
5. Who is Tex going to the fair with?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)