|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tex begin walking down the freeway after fighting with his brother?
(a) To find his father
(b) To find the horses
(c) To clear his head and think about things
(d) To run away from home
2. For how long is Johnny grounded from his motorbike?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 2 days
(c) 1 week
(d) 1 month
3. What is Tex's dream about?
(a) His father
(b) He is leaving the house
(c) His brother going to college
(d) His mother
4. What is Johnny taunted to attempt?
(a) Riding up the side of a mountain
(b) Jumping over a creek
(c) Riding down a dangerous canyon
(d) Jumping over Tex
5. Which character is accused of ruining the happy mood when Tex, Mason, and Lem share the news?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is banging on the front door, which awakens Tex?
2. Who is Cole?
3. How old is Tex as this story opens?
4. What was the name of the novel Tex read for a book report in English which he really enjoyed reading?
5. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)