|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise does the vice principal tell Tex?
(a) That Pop is not coming
(b) That he was almost expelled
(c) That he will fail and have to repeat a grade
(d) That Johnny and he are no longer allowed to talk
2. Why does Tex increase his speed?
(a) To try to disarm the hitchhiker
(b) To get to the state line faster
(c) Because he sees police in his rearview mirror
(d) To give Mason a chance to escape
3. What does the hitchhiker try to do as he leaves the vehicle?
(a) Take Mason with him
(b) Shoot Mason
(c) Stab Mason
(d) Stab Tex
4. Who visits Mason and Tex at night?
5. Which of the following words best describes how Mason reacts to Cole's accusations?
(a) Mostly indignant and repulsed
(b) Mostly hostile and angry
(c) Mostly upset and repentent
(d) Mostly calm and collected
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Tex, Mason and Lem go to the Collins' home?
2. Why does Tex think Mason yells at him?
3. What does Tex realize that the hitchhiker has in regards to Mason?
4. What is it Cole wants to know?
5. What announcement does Mason and Tex's nighttime visitor share?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)