* The book opens in the fall with the main character, Tex, riding his horse before school.
* Tex goes to school and talks to his best friend Johnny.
* Tex wants to ride his horse some more after school.
* When he gets home, he is surprised to see his brother Mason at home.
* Tex notices the house is cold and Mason tells him the heat is off, but will be turned on tomorrow.
* Mason also tells Tex that he had to sell the horses to have the heat turned back on.
* Tex gets very angry about this and he and Mason have an argument.
* Mason leaves the house in his truck and Tex storms off walking down the highway.
* Johnny, Jamie and Bob try to get Tex to come back, but he ignores them.
* Mason finally, picks up Tex in his truck and takes him home where Johnny, Jamie...
This section contains 2,094 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)