Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
2. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
3. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
4. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Diamond Dealer describe the thief?
2. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
3. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
4. How do Moshke's neighbors respond when his store burns down a second time?
5. Describe the appearance of Ahronchik.
6. How doe Tevye and Menachem spend their evening together?
7. How does Moshke like to celebrate?
8. How do people treat Tevye different when he become rich from his reward from the two rescued women?
9. What is the misconception about the topic of conversation in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
10. Describe the appearance of Motek.
How does Aleichem depict the social issue of the unfair Russian drafting of Jews in his stories and what stance does Aleichem make about the concept?
How is the theme of greed displayed in "Tevye the Dairyman and the Railroad Stories"? Use at least three textual examples to show what commentary Aleichem is making about this theme.
Discuss the point of view utilized by Aleichem in his stories. How does the type of narration and point of view affect the pacing of the plot and engage the reader? Make sure and specific textual examples to support your assertions.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)