Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
2. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
3. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
4. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Diamond Dealer describe the thief?
2. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
3. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
4. How do Moshke's neighbors respond when his store burns down a second time?
5. Describe the appearance of Ahronchik.
6. How doe Tevye and Menachem spend their evening together?
7. How does Moshke like to celebrate?
8. How do people treat Tevye different when he become rich from his reward from the two rescued women?
9. What is the misconception about the topic of conversation in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
10. Describe the appearance of Motek.
What type of dramatic or narrative structure does Aleichem utilize in "Tevye the Dairyman and the Railroad Stories"? How is this structure unique and how does it contribute to the establishment of themes?
What is Sholem Aleichem's writing style? Discuss both the mechanical aspect of his writing and his "voice" throughout the novel. Make sure and discuss what literary tools and devices he relies on most and what specific parts of the text reflect his voice.
How does Aleichem use the literary tool of dialogue to introduce new characters and establish themes? Is he effective in its use, why or why not?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)