Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the items mentioned as wares of the salespeople in The Competitors?
2. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
3. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
4. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Diamond Dealer describe the thief?
2. How does Moyshe-Nachman regard the affair of the arrest of his brother-in-law?
3. How does the narrator of High School describe his wife?
4. How do Moshke's neighbors respond when his store burns down a second time?
5. Describe the appearance of Ahronchik.
6. How doe Tevye and Menachem spend their evening together?
7. How does Moshke like to celebrate?
8. How do people treat Tevye different when he become rich from his reward from the two rescued women?
9. What is the misconception about the topic of conversation in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
10. Describe the appearance of Motek.
Essay Topic 1
How does Aleichem draw attention to the generation gap between youth and their parents in this book, and what developments in the plot arise from the misunderstandings between generations?
Essay Topic 2
How does Aleichem depict violence, specifically the pogroms against the Jews, in "Tevye the Dairyman and the Railroad Stories", and how does it affect the development of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How is the relationship between Jews and Christians described in the book, and what theme arrives from the comparison of the two different religions?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)